Onyx - Four Seasons Westlake Village
2 Dole Drive
Westlake Village, CA 91362Neighborhood:
Agoura Hills / Westlake Village
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Onyx - Four Seasons Westlake Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.onyxrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (818) 575-3000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner, Monday through Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Masasuke Shimakawa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment is available in The Bar on Friday and Saturday evenings from 8:00 pm to 12:00 am.
A word from Onyx - Four Seasons Westlake Village
A variety of sushi, sashimi and specialty hand rolls complement Chef Masa Shimakawa's delectable Asian-influenced seafood creations. The menu offers many options to sample a variety of dishes, intended to be shared at the table. Also pairing well with modern Asian cuisine is an extensive wine list featuring choices from California and around the world, as well as a selection of Japanese sake and beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Onyx - Four Seasons Westlake Village - Best Restaurants in Agoura Hills / Westlake Village ›
Onyx - Four Seasons Westlake Village reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)special occasion (41)romantic (39)great for outdoor dining (36)neighborhood gem (25)scenic view (21)good for groups (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Finally we can eat late in ConejoCJinCADined on 11/7/2014I was worried because we ran late from our previous engagement for our 8 PM dinner reservation but they were very gracious - and were still seating people after 9 PM - vs. trying to close down around us! Extremely helpful wait staff and excellent service. Loved the Hawaiian volcano sushi and the recommended martini.Special Features:
- JHskiierDined on 11/4/2014Went for an early dinner after an afternoon at the spa and pool. Service was outstanding and food was excellent. they were going to seat us inside but we asked to sit outside. The moon was almost full and the beautiful waterfall made wonderful background sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Not Great or Amazingjilto2000Dined on 10/28/2014Took my wife for her birthday - was good but not amazing, worth going at least once, hotel is beautiful and place is niceSpecial Features:
- Great place!AuntnanaDined on 10/20/2014Everything about this restaurant was excellent. Very attentive wait staff. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- onyx - a rare gemupintheair2muchVIPDined on 10/9/2014This is our third rendezvous at Onyx. The caring they display is worth it's weight in sushi. Once every month or to is a necessity...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Been to this restaurant twice now and both times have been exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Entrees!Travels2dineVIPDined on 9/26/2014a little on the noisy side, but worth the flavors!! we shared 2 appetizers/rolls that were very good, but the piece d'resistance' was the Black Cod. prepared perfectly!! so delicious! my friend that the beef dish that you cook yourself at the table in 3 different sauces. Also excellent!! Desserts were less than desired, but then we saved on the calories!!Special Features:
- A bit over ratedLuvgoodfoodDined on 9/26/2014Food was good, sushi was ok. Very expensive it not being amazing!Special Features:
- UrsEDined on 9/22/2014I found this spot when I received a special offer from conejo deals. Thought we would give it a try since we love sushi and it was close by. The food, service and atmosphere was outstanding! Never would of known this place existed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014Food & drink was great but our waiter forgot about us & didn't serve our main dish for 30 minutes. Conejo Deals is a good way to visit this great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findSweetsuDined on 9/4/2014Highly recommend this. We went on coupon deal which was the most exceptional value, but will definitely go back at full costSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No TempuraDannVIPDined on 9/4/2014A Japanese restrauant with no tempura!! Decent sashimi. Fair service.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!!Happygal71Dined on 8/31/2014It was our first time there and right from the get go everything was superb!!! The food was delicious, the wait staff were super friendly and the ambiance was nice and chill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLouiVIPDined on 8/29/2014My two friends and I went to celebrate two birthdays! It was amazing. They served us each a complimentary glass of champagne and we each received a handwritten b-day card from the staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night!YummyinmytummyDined on 8/29/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Onyx. From the moment we walked in, we felt welcomed... All staff that saw us come in welcomed us in. We were quickly seated. The food was presented very well, tasted excellent, and did not disappoint! Both my husband and I were delighted with our meals - and can't wait to eat there again!Special Features:
- Nice experienceAnnieL1Dined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed the ambiance and the presentation of the meal. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. The desserts were a work of art! We will go back.Special Features:
- Good sushi, a little priceyhwjunkieVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been here many times, a number of them on the Living Social deal, the last couple times we have just gone there for sushi, both times, really good sushi, the sashimi is thick cut and fresh, the rolls are very good, but I have had better, still good though. The only complaint I have is that it's much more expensive than going out to another sushi place, like double. Maybe that's because it's in the Four Seasons, not sure, but it is a bit pricey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/27/2014We celebrated our anniversary and the restaurant was not busy. They did a wonderful job in making our night special. The food was so flavorful and fresh, the service was top notched, and the seating outside was very nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Wonderful for a special occasion!!! Service was outstanding!!!Special Features:
- Great evening out!ReneeDined on 8/22/2014It was a most delightful evening! The food was delicious!!! The presentation was dazzling! The services was exceptional. We want to go back as soon as possible!Special Features:
- The food was a letdown.FlowrideDined on 8/20/2014The wife and I were really looking forward to dining within the Four Seasons hotel chain. I have to admit that the landscape on the grounds was amazing and our waiter, Jesus, was quite attentive. One can't help but enjoy dining outside while looking at lush grounds and a beautifully landscaped waterfall area. However, the food left much to be desired. My wife and I ordered 4 rolls and to be quite honest, they really didn't taste any better than "mall restaurant sushi." In fact, we concluded that any mid-range sushi place was noticeably better. The same can be said of their food presentation-such a disappointment. It made you feel like you weren't dining at a fine restaurant. Again, great service, but food leaves so much to be desired.
- Very nice staff and dinnerKatVetDined on 8/12/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of our meals and deserts. though the presentation could have been nicer for this level of a restaurant. We have selected this restaurant for our get-together with friends whom we haven't seen in a long time, in hopes that it would be quiet enough for us to have a conversation. While we were treated beautifully by the kind, caring staff, the noise level became a bit above what we hoped for. So, overall, a good experience, though not quite as good as what we experienced at Four Seasons hotel in Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- Highly recommend!calibayDined on 8/1/2014Onyx is situated in a beautiful setting; the food is fantastic, excellent sushi as well as other offerings; fabulous presentation by the chef; even the seaweed salad sparkles; first class service; innovative as well as traditional bar selections. Just a lovely place!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service1nightoutDined on 7/25/2014From the seating to the check, the service were excellent. Our server was courteous and helpful. Our entrees were a bit delayed so the our server offered free drinks for the delay. Each course was superb. Didn't notice any noise, and the room was full. I would recommend the onyx for date night - kids were there, but not many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food...a bit priceyStararaDined on 7/25/2014Food was fabulous. Modest portions and a great presentation. A somewhat limited menu however a good variety of options. Service was impeccable. Found the prices were a bit high...expect to pay ~$70 per person for appitizer/entree/desert without drinks. Overall a good recommendation for a casual Asian dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014We decided to try Onyx after receiving a coupon offer. We were immediately and warmly greeted and seated. The chef came over to our table and asked us if we had any questions about the menu and the choices available under the terms of the coupon. He later returned at the end of the meal to asked how we enjoyed the food. I cannot recall that ever happening before in other restaurants including some very exclusive locations. The food and service were all outstanding and the portions very generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 290 reviews are from the Onyx - Four Seasons Westlake Village reviews archive.
- NEVER AGAINCookerVIPDined on 7/21/2014This is the second time in a year that I have eaten here. Both times one person in our party was served when everyone else was finished with dinner. The manager said he was very sorry but didn't do anything about it. The food is less than average.I am very disappointed in the Four Seasons. I used to love Hampton's and went there at least once a month. It went steadily downhill. I don't understand why they can't improve their restaurants. I love the hotel and will miss going there.
- Celebrating a Birthday3bottlesofwineDined on 7/19/2014I made reservations ahead of time and the restaurant made sure there was a special dessert for the birthday boy. Food was great and we will for sure be back. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JHskiierDined on 7/18/2014Very good but pricey. Food was excellent. It really is more of a sushi place but does have a few other choices if you do not care for sushi.
- Great Evening Out3bottlesofwineDined on 7/16/2014We were looking for something different and found ONYX. Great food. Our table of 5 enjoyed trying and sharing all the different dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingGratefulEdDined on 7/11/2014From our table overlooking the gardens and a huge waterfall, the setting was beautiful. The food was pretty good, but for the price, it should have been better. My "chef selection" sushi/sashimi plate appeared to have been put together in advance and kept in a refrigerator. At half price with my Conejo Deal, it was a good value, but I won't go back and pay full price.Special Features:
- DelightfulPleasedDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful, inventive seafood. Great setting. Impressive desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialkwackVIPDined on 6/23/2014Went for my birthday and they were mindful of that with a card and a little something extra at the end. I knew it would be pricey but thought the food would be a little more special. Their soft shell crab roll was just average and the size of their individual sushi pieces was small. They make a lot of their food spicy which I can't eat so I found the menu rather limiting. Portions on their entree items were very small as well. Service was very good and our server was extremely helpful in making our selections.Special Features:
- FABULOUSMagieVIPDined on 6/23/2014Fabulous food, well prepared and delicious - Great service - wonderful ambience.Special Features:
- Really good!Love2wineDined on 6/13/2014We had a 7:15 reservation and got seated immediately. It wasn't completely full but there were many tables that were occupied. We ordered a variety of Sushi and rolls. The garlic noodles were delicious. They didn't have my favorite wine by the glass but she have it to me anyway. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were goodGrdowDined on 6/7/2014The food and service were very goo but it was a little expensive for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always leave happy & fullDatenightparentsVIPDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I love going to Onyx the sushi is fresh, good is flavorful and consistent. Will be back. Service was fantastic, staff is very attentive and not overbearing. Love sitting outside to listen to the waterfall! See you again Onyx! Love the spicy garlic edamame, hot stone beef, Hawaiian roll, garlic noodles!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great asian eatery, beautiful viewsAngelaDined on 5/30/2014love the views outside, on the rail...make sure to sit there, unless you're there only for the food. I am plant based, and it's really easy to adhere at asian restaurants, this one included. non-veggie hubby also enjoyed.
- Dont Dine Patio & Bring 2 walletsAdamz1Dined on 5/17/2014No lighting after dusk on beautiful patio...bring your own flash light. Very pricey for sushi, but it's the Four Season after all Service unpredictable...no you see them, not you don't for a while.
- xsidewinderxDined on 5/10/2014Awesome spot and just amazing food. I'll be going again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.