1631, Ste-Catherine Ouest
Montreal, QC H3H1L8Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.onoir.com/
- Phone: 5149379727x
- Hours of Operation:
The restaurant offers two seatings a night, one at 5:45 PM and the second at 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Onoir, we cater private events, business meetings, company lunches, dinners, corporate groups, birthday parties, product launching and tasting etc!
We offer three different times of arrival:
Lunch time and two times during the after noon at 17h45 and 21h!
- Private Party Contact: Anyone 5149379727x
- Entertainment: Come listen our live band 'Les Ombres' every Sunday night. Yes, in the dark!!
A word from ONoir
Onoir is the first restaurant in Canada that invites you to experience food, drinks and conversation like never before, IN THE DARK!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ONoir reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- AmazingluvdadarkDined on 6/9/2014This experience was nothing other then fantastic. The staff, the food, every single detail AMAZING!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceborn2eatDined on 4/25/2014Everyone must experience this restaurant at least once. Food was cel lent. What an amazing concept.Special Features:
- Experience it once!crewzerDined on 4/11/2014I was looking forward to dining in the dark, just for the experience and the fun of it. I will warn you, I had panic attack as soon as I walked past the dark curtain into the void. It was difficult for my brain to process the fact that I could not see, and my eyes were completely open. I ended up closing my eyes for the entire experience, and that helped me a lot. Once I was seated with eyes closed, I was fine, and was so glad that I stayed! The energy was electric, and the experience was unlike any other. At one point, people in restaurant were all signing together, and it was amazing! The food was good but not spectacular, but the experience was worth the price. Experience it for yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Dining Experiencenumnum26Dined on 3/29/2014Its my fourth time dining here! I was courageous enough to have the surprise entrée and wasn't disappointed. I did think Saturday nights had a live band but there wasnt any during the time I was there (9-10 pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an experience!TeatimedVIPDined on 3/29/2014I knew we would be eating in the dark but never expected it to be so dark! I had a great time. Makes on appreciate the gift of sight. Food was better than I expected and the service was amazing. A must go a least once kind of place...although I'll be going again soon with my children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXperienceDarknessDined on 3/24/2014This was my second time here and it was excellent both times, the food, service, crowd, ambiance is amazing and something you can't explain but only recommend !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, unimpressive foodcouplesdinnerDined on 3/23/2014Love the ambiance, lovely staff, very well organized! Only negative aspect is food was widely over cooked. In other words, shrimps very hard and filet mignon hard to cut through. I would still recommend for overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ExperienceMatthewKurlapskiDined on 3/22/2014Do not listen to any bad reviews, if there are any at all. My girlfriend and I dined here on Saturday night on the 8.30 seating. Our waiter Matt was brilliant. Charismatic, polite, prompt very cheerful We has heard of the noir concept in Europe but never dined at their restaurants in London. As a first experience i can honestly say, this was one of the best dining experiences of my life. We enjoyed the atmosphere as much as the food. The food was good, great menu and very very reasonable for 2 people with wine. The best part of the experience was the complete darkness, to begin to understand in a tiny degree, what it must be like for the blind was eye opening, pardon the pun. We loved it and will be going back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing experience!! EverybodyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014An amazing experience!! Everybody should try it once in is life!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O'Noir is not so much aboutStriderDined on 3/21/2014O'Noir is not so much about the food as it is about the overall experience. The entrée was excellent, to appetizer not so much so. The desert was also very good. The experience of dining in total darkness is an experience that is very difficult to explain. The staff do an exceptional job making you as comfortable as possible in a milieu that otherwise would be overwhelming. I would surely recommend this dining experience and intend on returning in the future and will introduce this restaurant experience to both family and friends. Thank you to Sophie for making this experience truly a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Appreciated the food, the service and the chance to use all our other senses without the ability to see anything.... It was a fun time.Special Features:
- So So SurpriseohblahdeeDined on 3/15/2014Went in with expectations that were mostly met. After stowing our belongings into a locker, we were ushered into the darkness of the dining room guided by our waiter. Selected the vegetarian surprise. The plate was certainly layered with flavours, but didn't really hit the mark - it felt like endless cooked greens. As the evening progressed it became louder and louder which was not unexpected on a Saturday night, but the number of people constantly shoosh-ing became disuptive. The service started out attentive, but became much less so as the evening progressed. By the time we finished dessert we felt trapped waiting for a way out. For a unique experience it is worth a recommendation, but not a restaurant we would return to for a great meal.Special Features:
- A must when in MontrealLive2eatDined on 3/13/2014We had a great time & really enjoyed the experience! Staff were amazing as well! It is also nice that a vegetarian option is available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but...BBQ1982Dined on 3/10/2014It was my second visit. I went last year (May 2013) and now on March 2014. Both occasions I've ordered the surprising menu but for my "not surprise" the menu was the same of my last visit. Although the food was really delicious (except for the desert), I was a bit disappointed and would recommend at least 2 different menus. Otherwise, won't be a surprise anymore. And for me, I would only return to the restaurant to eat something I don't know previously. The experience of tasting something you cannot see and you don't even imagine what it is is what turns the experience unique and magic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A different dining experience!RoxyDined on 3/10/2014It's one of those things you've got to try. I panicked going into the dark at first. The waiter was super soothing and kind so I was able to relax, went back in and had a great time. Being in complete darkness allows you to experience what it's like to be blind, and depend on your other senses. For me, it really was stepping out of my comfort zone. For my sister who went with me, it was just a different fun experience. We giggled a lot as we groped in the dark for our glass or tried to find out forks. All in all is was a great experience. And the food was really good!Special Features:
- Unforgettable experienceMontrealTravelerDined on 3/9/2014Just go. The food would be outstanding by itself without the darkness factor, but combined with it, it's a truly unbelievable mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun in the DarkFinewineDined on 3/9/2014My wife and I chose this speciality restaurant for the Birthday weekend of our two girls and their spouse/ friend. We had a great time, laughing and feeling our way through dinner. It gave us an appreciation for what a visually impaired person has to go through while eating, and allowed us to focus on the taste and texture of our food. Eating with cutlery was a challenge, our fingers and hands certainly got a work out. The staff were very friendly and most helpful. Sarah was patient and very friendly. I even caught her laughing at my attempt at singing as we followed her out front from our table. Great evening, lots of laughter and tasty, touchable food. I recommend a mid sized group, it certainly worked for us. Go with the surprise dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and educationalDanielleDined on 3/8/2014My evening was very memorable. AMAZING service. Thanks MichaelSpecial Features:
- ONoir - dining in the darkChrisFDined on 3/8/2014This was a really different experience, I will be talking about for a while. Although I knew the idea was to "eat in the dark", I didn't quite expect it to be SO dark, absolutely pitch black, obviously it makes sense when you think about it, I'm not sure what I was expecting. The food itself was delicious, although I have no idea if I managed to eat it all or how much was on the plate because I couldn't see it :-) The staff were all very polite and helpful, the concept is a bit different to standard restaurants and the employees on the bar were excellent at explaining how it all worked. I'd recommend trying ONoir. If you are looking for a very different dining experience, great service and good food it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceAnonymousDined on 3/6/2014I decided to try for the first time Onoir for my anniversary with my boyfriend. We loved the food and the fact to eat in the dark. It's an experience to try once in a lifetime! I totally recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperiencesarahsmileDined on 3/6/2014This is an unusual experience and so much fun. Dining in the dark is difficult but it was so much fun! We enjoyed the food, although the portions seemed small. Hard to get your server to respond to needs though so ask him for what you need while he's at the table. Could be awhile before you "see" him again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience like no otherOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2014This was a unique dining and an eye opening experience into the world of the blind. I would recommend this to all of my friends. It was just a bit more difficult since we didn't speak French to know how others around us felt about their experience. It definitely created an isolation for us, but not on a negative experience. Guillome was a superb server! I commend him and his fellow servers!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The main attraction of O'NoirjulianDined on 3/5/2014The main attraction of O'Noir is, obviously, the completely pitch dark dining experience. On that note, they certainly delivered. It is most certainly a unique experience, and one I would recommend to anyone. Both my girlfriend and I felt some initial discomfort adjusting to the complete inability to see, but we quickly adapted and were off. We chose the surprise menu. The appetizer was good, a beef tartar, but the main left a lot to be desired. It just simply was not very well done, and the temperature of mine led me to believe it had at one point been frozen. Overall, it was a wonderful experience, but if you are coming for culinary delight rather than the unique dining experience, I would recommend looking elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great experience atOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Had a great experience at o noir Make you realize how lucky we are to be able to see, And how hard it must be not to be able to see anything on a day to day bases!Special Features:
- One of a kinf experience!!jessmclemDined on 2/28/2014This was a fabulous restaurant. They nailed it with everything! The food was beyond delicious, the staff were above and beyond accomdating and the overall experience was so unique! Our group of four laughed almost the entire time! Our waiter was hilarious and also so attentive. We had a great time that we will talking about for months to come, and we will certailny recommed to all our freinds!Special Features:
- Onoir in MontrealSam1amDined on 2/27/2014This was by far the most interesting dining experience I've had! It is absolutely pitch black in the restaurant so the waiter leads you to your seats by making a line with your hands on their shoulders. They encourage you to eat with your hands, probably because you most likely will not end up with food in your mouth if you try to use cutlery. The only thing we could see was the static electricity from the napkins! The food was not particularly outstanding but this restaurant is all about the experience, and it is definitely worth it to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique experienceLysieDined on 2/24/2014Lors de ma visite O noir, j ai adore le service convivial et le concept de commander avant de rentrer dans la salle. J ai aime me laisser guider par notre serveur et j ai aime etre assise cote a cote de mon petit ami. Nous avons passe une soiree tres romantique. Merci a Mikael pour le bon service. Il etait drole et attentionne.Special Features:
- I would recommend this experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014I would recommend this experience to ANYONE. Dining in the dark was a great due closing experience. I wrote down many of the quotes from dinner. Among my favourites : "How do i find the food on my plate?" "I don't know, I got an empty forkful" "I can't figure out the orientation of the lamb shank" "Score! I thought my wine was almost done but I dipper my finger in the glass, still half full!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a fantastic experiencecinamomDined on 2/22/2014It was a fantastic experience and one I will never forget. I would recommend it to anyone and I really enjoyed the hors d'oeuvre and the dessert. I was less enthusiastic about my entree, I found my veggies under cooked and filet mignon was cold. Still worth the trip! Our server Julie was fantastic. Thank you Julie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you are looking forBethDined on 2/21/2014Great if you are looking for a one-of-a-kind experience, the noise level gets a little unbearable at times, but overall, it was a nice evening.Special Features:
- Adventure and EducationDine2014Dined on 2/21/2014My daughter and 5 of her friends celebrated her 15th birthday. They loved it and were talking about the experience the rest of the weekend. They had really connected with their server and his story.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fun!DinerDined on 2/17/2014This restaurant is truly an experience. Great service. Lots of laughs and it really would work for all kinds of occasions. The waiters are brilliant! The price for the food you get is completely reasonable! The food tastes great and are good portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience4theexperienceDined on 2/14/2014I have wanted to try O'Noir for quite some time, when my husband and I decided to vacation in Montreal we had to get a reservation. The experience of eating in the dark is really quite strange and you are constantly thinking "I'll get use to it", you don't. I chose the surprise dishes from the menu, you can only guess what they are when you're done eating. Such a good choice because it made the experience really enjoyable, almost like a guessing game for your palate. Our waiter Michael was awesome, very personable and was a great guide through our dinner. Next time we're in Montreal I will go back and check out their live band that plays, in the dark, on sundays.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowGussDined on 2/14/2014It was my third visit in 5 years and it is still a great experience. The food was very good and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Would recommend to anyone. Great food and fun times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, unique experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014I took my boyfriend to this restaurant this past weekend to celebrate an early Valentines. We both were very happy with the experience. We went on a Saturday night so the noise level was a little high, but other than that everything was fantastic. We chose to get a surprise appetizer, meals from the menu, and a surprise dessert. We also ordered surprise drinks. I would definitely recommend getting at least one surprise option because it is really fun to try to guess what you are eating. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful and had us guess what our surprises had been before telling us. How he got us to and from our table I will never know but we arrived without mishap! I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceCertikDined on 2/6/2014Very unique experience, that has to be tried at least once and maybe a few more times for the great atmosphere... I was really enjoying the food and the wine that tasted wonderful with the eyes closed !! Had such a wonderful time with my bf for who it was the very first time on the dark... He loved the surprise so.. That's a complete success ! Also, I know that usually it gets really noisy so at least when we came it was really calm... But the noise became a little louder with people entering, but not too much. That was a great thing to come during the week !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made faces at my date all night..AperzDined on 2/5/2014And he was never knew. The food was absolutely incredible. I'm not going to lie, I had to touch everything with my fingers at first because I had no clue what was going on, and I got the messiest meal (bbq short ribs, delicious!!!!). It was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Très bonne nourriture, desMademoiselleADined on 1/31/2014Très bonne nourriture, des serveurs attentionnés et "friendly". Quoi que le service fut un peu long. Très belle expérience, je recommender à tous pour une première expérience dans le noirSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The experience and conceptFrankDined on 1/31/2014The experience and concept was excellent, service and waiters 10-10, he food like mentioned on Trip Advisor was ok and not more, The place and service 10-10, but the food is what is holding me back to post a positive review, probably just ok enough to return but not moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.