Ono Chinese Bistro
3400 Pacific Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Ono Chinese Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.atlanticclubcasino.com/
- Phone: 8882244586
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Closed Sunday - Tuesday, Happy Hour at the Bar Friday - Satuday 5pm - 7pm.
Brunch: Ono Sunday Jazz Brunch is back! 10am-4pm each Sunday. Cost is $35 per person ++.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Brian Tsui
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour at the Bar Wednesday through Saturday 5pm - 7pm Featuring Sushi and Drink Specials
A word from Ono Chinese Bistro
Enjoy traditional Chinese fare and one amazing Sushi Bar at Ono Chinese Bistro in Atlantic City's most spectacular ocean view room. You'll find all of your favorite dishes from General Tso's Chicken to Pepper Steak or even Shrimp with Candied Walnuts and Melons. The Sushi Bar has the freshest seafood and handmade rolls in town. Experience the best Chinese cuisine in the city at prices that won't break the bank.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ono Chinese Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Parting is such sweet sorrow---MadonnaVIPDined on 1/4/2014This restaurant has a great vibe, a wonderful view of the Atlantic Ocean and a great staff. However, it will be closing this weekend. It was always a wonderful evening whether you sat at the bar or had a table with an ocean view - great fish, good dumplings, OK sushi, but most of all - GOOD people. Parting is such sweet sorrow. ... to all the wait staff .... till we meet again ..... Happy trails to you!
- a sad night at a place we have dinemoparjimDined on 11/26/2013this was the last night that the ONO was open. we have gone there for years the food was great and the servers were like family. The Chef Brian was a master at food prep the casino treated that place like a checker it was closed then open moved twice and still held it own. They fired the Chef we think because he was not happy the way his people were treated. then rehired while he was gone we were gone and only came back when he was rehired. It was a wonderful place so sorry that it is gone. Glad we went and brought a camera we have some wonderful memories. We will follow them where ever they GO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good choiceGallawayMomDined on 11/23/2013Food was very good and service was excellent. Our waitress even gave us a hug after dinner.Special Features:
- FriendlyfoodjunkyDined on 11/15/2013The waiters were very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to help you. The food came out nice and hot with great flavor. I would recommend it to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodDaveOVIPDined on 11/15/2013Ono didn't disappoint. Food and service was very good. We'd go back. Phillip & Morris were great, friendly, helpful and attentive,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedCabbageDined on 11/9/2013My first experience at Ono Chinese Bistro was a pleasant surprise. The restaurant has a wonderful, lively full service bar. We didn't order a lot of food, since we had a late lunch that day. What we did order was very good. My sushi tasted very fresh and my lo mein noodles were cooked perfectly. My wife had the won ton soup and mei fun noodles. Both were excellent. Portions, by the way, are AMPLE, so bring your appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SettingKiahDined on 11/6/2013Ono Bistro was a very enjoyable dining experience. The waiters and hostesses were friendly, on top of things, and courteous. The setting was beautiful as my partner and I watched the view of the ocean from our table. The restaurant was cozy, yet contemporary. It was serene and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this place to friends and family. We will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. A great placeExcellentVIPDined on 10/25/2013Great food. A great place to celebrate my birthday. The chicken and beef dishes were so tender. It's going to be hard to eat Chinese food elsewhere after this. Very pleasantly surprised!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great value.DebbieDined on 10/13/2013We thoroughly enjoyed the food. The service was very good and the view was great. As promised, there was live jazz. We were slightly disappointed that we could not hear the music very well. We anticipated it to be more of a featured performance. It was background music. Overall, we thought it was a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterJerseyguyDined on 10/12/2013Service was very rushed even though there was no line to be seated and there were tables available. Had eaten there several times before when food was better-ordered wonton soup-sent it back due to fact that it was some broth and a few wide noodles-not like wonton soup we usually get in Chinese restaurants. Egg rolls were different-the shell was like that on a corn dog. All in all I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Local takeout was betterelliott1121Dined on 9/27/2013As one of two "high end" restaurants at the Atlantic Club Casino, this was a huge disappointment. Let me bullet some of the issues: * The bartender didn't know how to make a Tom Collins. No it doesn't have rum and it doesn't have sour mix in it. If you don't know, ask the customer or at least google it. Two attempts both failed, I gave up * Sushi appetizer was a joke. The smallest amount of crab and avacado I ever saw in a dish. The local takeout place by my house gives me pieces three times the size and charges less than half what you did. * Ribeye steak was poor. It tasted as if it was purchased at the supermarket an hour before. The meat had so much water still in it, that it wasn't at all tender.
- Chinese with a twistGreatVIPDined on 9/14/2013Great food and a great atmosphere as always great food, to bad they serve really fast was hoping to enjoy the Ms. America parade but it was fine watching outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in South JerseyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2013Could not ask for better selection, food, or service. Wonderful atmosphere. Overlooks the beach/ocean. Live Jazz music. Reasonable price. Who could ask for more. This was our second time here. Will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchelman1952Dined on 9/1/2013The spread was huge and varied: Pasta, waffles/omelets, raw bar, sushi, carving table, fruit, dessert, hot lunch main dish, etc., etc. If you leave here hungry, shame on you! The service was exemplary, from hostess to server, to preparation. Price was $35 plus tax and tip, and that included all non-alcoholic beverages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views!Bluberyjam15Dined on 8/9/2013Ono has amazing Ocean views and the service was incredibly fast even on a Friday night! The food came out fast and was average. The prices were very reasonable. We had the spare ribs which were tender but not enough taste. My daughter has the wonton soup and steamed dumplings which again were not anything special but still good. I probably would return to try a few more menu items before ruling this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz Brunchyummy4thetummyDined on 7/28/2013Buffet was awesome Wait staff could not do enough for us Listened to Jazz pianist and just a wonderful relaxing afternoonSpecial Features:
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2013The first time we tried to dine at Ono we were turned away because we did not have reservations. I can not image turning away customers when there are open tables. They explained to us that the tables were all reserved. This past week-end we made reservations for 7:30pm. We were not seated until 8:00pm; we received excuse after excuse. The food is okay, they do not respect your reservation but the veiw is very nice. Do not go out of your way to eat here. Even if you have a reservation; you still will not be seated in a timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GO GO to OnoSilverSpoonDined on 6/29/2013Outstanding service. Wait staff were excellent and attentive. Food was very good. Had a nice booth looking out to the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch and jazzaliceDined on 6/16/2013we had a great time and the food was excellent I will go back and I would recommend it to othersSpecial Features:
- Dining-A Party of One!SWeaverDined on 6/16/2013I was greeted and seated right away I had a nice view and although there was a family nearer to the window the adults and children were respectful. The waiter came right away and asked if I wanted a beverage. I have never dined there before and surely not for Brunch, so I wish he had asked me. Still, he was accommodating when I asked him(how I should proceed) The food was appetizing, well presented and fresh! The staff behind the tables were attentive. I enjoyed the jazz(which was Michael Pedicin) and I felt comfortable to linger and listen even after I stopped eating. I do wish the waiter caught my eye a few times he passed by, but when I got his attention he was expedient and friendly. I look forward to coming again.Special Features:
- Great Food and Jazz BrunchJimExperienceVIPDined on 6/16/2013We went to Ono for a Father's Day Brunch. The food selection, service and taste were great. The jazz musicians provided a great relaxing atmosphere. Well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Brunch with Jazz notesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2013Great ambience and great music. Very good, fresh seafood. Pasta bar, omlet station, and carving station well staffed and good. raw bar and sushi make this Brunch extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined for brunch atOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/9/2013We have dined for brunch at Ono's before. The food is very high quality, & they're very accomodating. The only dissappointment was that the Mamosa's & Champagne's were not included in the price. Respectively $5.00 & $10.00. Which can add up fast. It used to be included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Ono Chinese BistroJillDined on 6/2/2013I loved the whole experience at Ono. The food was amazing. I would absolutely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favoritecriticDined on 6/2/2013can not wait to go back it was long time waiting for the brunch to re open one of the best in acSpecial Features:
- WonderfulBellaCucinaDined on 5/17/2013Been here many times. Always accommodating, great friendly staff and the food is always delicious! Prices are reasonable and portions are a good size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beach ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013ONO has a great Beach view if you have a Table near a Window. The Jazz was not bad but we were glad to be sitting further away from the Piano. The food was not traditional Chinese like you might find in your local area reastaurant. The Peking Duck breast had a very strong Smokey Grill taste to it. The Black Pepper Pork Loin was good though I do not care for the way they tenderized the meat. The Walnut Shrimp was very good. All in all I would be willing to try ONO again, maybe their Egg-Foo-Yung.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013The Best place to have a genuine Oriental meal with ambience overlooking the Atlantic Ocean on the second floor of the Atlantic Club casino. The food has always been delicious and the service unmatchable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ono, a nice place to visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2013didn't end up keeping my res for dinner. ended up at happy hour at the bar. nice drink and appetizer specials. will make another res next month and will keep it this time.Special Features:
- Ono's had the best GeneralOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Ono's had the best General Tsao Chicken and was made extra Hot and Spicy as requested. We had an excellent Birthday/Anniversary at Onos, and Happy the reopened for the season. The dining was so good that it almost made us forget our gambling plans.Special Features:
- The dessert menu was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013The dessert menu was very disappointing. I got three desserts and they were all less than satisfaction. The almond macaroon was just regular almond cookies, very misleading. The food was average tasting. The pastry chef did not put any effort for the menu.Special Features:
- For an upscale Casino RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012For an upscale Casino Restaurant they offer great value . Was pleased with both portion size and presentation of the dishes ordered. Would definitely return .Special Features:
- Local TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012Service was outstanding. Jazz group provided the right touch to an enjoyable dining experience. Portions were good and all items hot. However, General Chicken did not taste like any I had ever eaten before.Special Features:
- `closed` for the season,thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2012`closed` for the season,this venue had been our `go to` local Chinese.However due to struggling conditions in the AC market,they closed ome venues inside the Atlantic Club. Staff always nice. Excellent b/c you really get `white meat` in your chicken meals and it has (had) a sushi chef for a mix of asian food. I truly hope they come back after the winter this place is really missed.
- Wonderful Chinese food andGreatVIPDined on 9/29/2012Wonderful Chinese food and cheap, if you have a checquemate card it's even more cheaper.Special Features:
- Best A.C. Casino Chinese Dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012Chinese restaurants are usually less money and I was not disappointed. The food was fantastic for the price paid (avg. $17) for entree. They had a unique chicken eggroll. Was delicious. In fact, the entire meal was much more tasty than home chinese restaurants. Abundance servings, great hot and sour soup. All courses ordered were just enough spicy to enjoy without jsut eating "HOT" stuff. Overall experience was excellent. First experience with OPEN TABLE and we were thoroughly satisfied. From the greeting by maitre-d, to seating with requested ocean view, to leaving, the service was perfect. Not rushed. Will definitely eat there again and absolutely will use OPEN TABLE for future dining.Special Features:
- Excellent Asian @ Atlantic Clubelman1952Dined on 9/15/2012Decided to try Ono after seeing it during many trips to the Atlantic Club. We usually eat at Patsy's, but couldn't get a reservation there on a busy Saturday night in AC (Madonna, J. Geils, etc. in town.) The menu is a very complete Asian menu, from sushi to Lo Mein. We tried the Kung Pao Chicken and the Chicken over melon, along with the pot stickers and won ton soup. The chicken over melon was excellent, as were the pot stickers. The won ton soup was passable, as was the Kung Pao Chicken. The cheesecake for dessert was excellent. Service was very attentive and professional. I would definitely recommend Ono.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!LaurDooneDined on 9/15/2012Had an early dinner there before a concert at Boardwalk Hall. The atmosphere is great, the service was fantastic, and the view is AMAZING. The food was really good. We had potstickers, seaweed salad, and sushi. The crab in the crispy crab roll was a little TOO crispy for my taste, but otherwise everything was delicious and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly!Special Features:
- Restaurant has great viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2012Restaurant has great views of the ocean & food pretty good. Service very slow at the tables, but good at the bar for the happy hour specials. The high note is the music. There was a jazz duo, Andy Lalasis (bass) and Jerry Riddle (piano) that added to the ambiance & great sounds to listen to while dinning. Will probably try again to see if service improves.Special Features:
- was a bit disappointed. ItStareatsDined on 9/8/2012was a bit disappointed. It is simply ok Chinese food.Special Features: