O'Neill's Bar & Grill
26772 Avery Pkwy
Mission Viejo, CA 92692Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
O'Neill's Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://arroyotrabuco.com/oneills.aspx
- Phone: (949) 218-0865
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday: 6:30am to11:00am
Sunday: 6:30am to 10:00am
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am to 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm to 8:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Platt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Music Friday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Live Blues Music Saturday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm & Sunday from 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Special Events: Social Hour
Sunday - Thursday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm in our Bar & on the Fireside Patio!
Monday Night Burgers and Brew
Come in and enjoy a build-your-own Craftsman Burger and Specialty Brew every Monday Night!
Starts at 4:00pm
From 10:00am to 2:00pm
$32.95 Adults - $36.95 with Champagne
$18.95 Same Day Golfers
A word from O'Neill's Bar & Grill
O'Neill's - our 4,600 square foot bar and grill - is a very popular place after a round of golf. Enjoy great meals and cocktails while you also take in the breathtaking views of the Reserve at Rancho Mission Viejo, Trabuco Creek, and the course.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
O'Neill's Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Mission Viejo ›
O'Neill's Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (24)scenic view (24)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (16)special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (9)romantic (4)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice neighborhood find.Jack1Dined on 11/15/2014This was our first experience at O'Neill's and the food an d service were very good. It was a very nice and quiet place to dine with friends. We ere able to easily carry on a conversation while dining. We will dine there again, maybe try brunch. There is outdoor dining and its located next to a golf course and the surroundings are beautiful. The only negative is that the sides offered with the main dishes were not expansive enough. It lacked, of all things, some kind of green vegetables, as a side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bartender, view, view, viewJDandDDDined on 10/25/2014Armando, the bartender is terrific! Patio looks out onto the golf course, the smoker is always cooking up some fabulous pulled pork, one of our favorites! The food is excellent with lots of interesting choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we hoped forocgirlsDined on 10/5/2014I read a review on O'Neill's brunch it sounded great and I couldn't wait to go, but then I read a bunch of discouraging reviews on yelp and for $34-$38 just didn't know if we wanted to chance it. Well it was a wonderful setting, it was such a beautiful day and the view breathtaking, however the outdoor chairs were pretty uncomfortable -we sat inside because of the chairs. They also have a great bar area, very open, a few big TV's and next time we may eat and enjoy football Sunday. They serve seafood, smoked meats, carved prime rib, crepes and a lot of yummy dessert, the usall suspects, omlets, eggs benedict, bacon, potatoes. We can't wait to go back, we heard they have a great Monday night burger & beer, nice lunches & dinners.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service, and venueBrookeVIPDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I thought this restaurant sounded like an Irish pub, which we would have liked, but we were also very pleasantly surprised to find an excellent contemporary American food restaurant on a beautiful hidden golf course. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningOutDined on 10/3/2014The ambiance and service were very good. The food not so good. We both had the pulled pork (which I have had before at lunch and enjoyed). It was dried out and tough. Too bad, because the location is lovely. I'd give dinner here one more try based on past experience at breakfast and lunch.Special Features:
- Lovely brunchDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 9/21/2014First time here and had the brunch, sat outside to enjoy the beautiful day. It's at the golf course and the grounds are beautiful. The food was just average but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining with Great ViewDuxFanDined on 9/17/2014Great spot for dining outdoors overlooking the 18th green and fairway. Usually better than average food with very good smoked BBQ items. On this visit, the Porterhouse Pork Chop was overcooked and flavorless and not enough sauce on the plate to overcome the dry meat.Special Features:
- docfoxDined on 8/21/2014We have never had anything less than a wonderful experience at O'Neill's.Special Features:
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014Such a beautiful place to dine. We ate outside on the patio overlooking the lovely golf course and mountains. Yummy food too!Special Features:
- MRSseanDined on 8/12/2014I have been at O'Neills Bar and Grill, many times. This week was the first time I have been for lunch,I took two friends with me, we really enjoyed it. I have always gone for Easter, Fathers day Mothers day, I will go back now I know you have a very good lunch me and dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014The food was very good. Service started out very good as well, but as dinner came out it slowed to a crawl. Paid two corkage fees of 15 bucks each and ended having to pour our own mid way thru dinner. They even charged us for a gluten free item, but never told us. Wife and I split a salad and we got charged for that as well without ever being told. Dollar amt minor but it is the principle. Very loud inside while singer played accordion and other instruments on the patio. Overall it was just ok.Special Features:
- Bring you credit card!goredonceDined on 8/8/2014We dined on the patio sitting on metal chairs but managed to borrow filthy seat cushions after another party departed. My first shock was the $89 bottle of wine and $13/glass! Whoa. What do you mean "BBQ, Bar & Grill"? My party of four escaped for $107 and one did not get an entree! Advice: go only at happy hour, lest you get gored! The food is good, service sincere but frazzled, entertainer was solid and played some good selections on brass and accordion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/1/2014O'Neill's is a wonderfully located casual restaurant with both indoor & outdoor dining. It has a good wine list enjoying an Award from Wine Spectator Magazine. The menu has changed and it appears they are still working on the quality & the consistency. Also, there appears to have been some changeover in wait staff & kitchen staff & coordination is still an issue. We have been dining here for over a decade & hope the quality & consistency soon returns to what is once was.Special Features:
- Excellent FindjuliejuliejulieVIPDined on 7/30/2014We really enjoyed O'Neills and we had never been there before. It is located on the golf course and the outdoor patio was gorgeous. We had a lovely, romantic, great meal! We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 280 reviews are from the O'Neill's Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Quiet on 4th of July eveSwedeDined on 7/4/2014No one was in the bar or rest. when we arrived at 6:30. That was surprizing as we had read this was a busy establishment. There were 3 settings on the patio and a few more came later. We ordered the shrimp/crabmeat appetizer (3 for $10) and it was excellent. My wife ordered tri-tips and I had the same in a sandwich. Both were very tough but mine being thinly sliced it was chewable. My wife took some in a baggy and I had it a couple of days later. It was difficult to eat if not cut into small pieces. We found it pricey for what was on the menu. Not sure we will be going back, at least for dinner. Our waiter, Lazaro (probably bar tender) did a great job on my wife's strawberry margarita since they didn't have the premix but had strawberries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Great relaxing atmosphere with a nice sunset view of saddleback mountain. Great patioSpecial Features:
- Saturday on the patioFrankDined on 6/28/2014Have out of town guests and had the second table with a gteat view . Cameron, our waiter was surpurb. Didn't bug us and didn't forget us. Our guests commented several times. Only down side was we were next to a multi table graduation party with a lot of kids running around and people blocking our view. Food and drinks were good..Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseWonderfulDayDined on 6/28/2014We live in Arizona and wanted to find something out of the ordinary to treat Mom to (who lives in Mission Viejo). Took a chance, and what a pleasant surprise this was. Much better than advertised.....the food, the view, the weather.....couldn't have ordered it any better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014our outdoor table was wobblely,,,the menue changed. better beforeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change of PaceCluckinghamDined on 6/21/2014Nice view, they have some good events there, I had the eggs benedict which was very good. Service was OK. Great spot for a change of paceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyDined on 6/19/2014My friends and I frequent O'Neill's. It never disappoints us. Food, service, ambiance always excellent. Inside or on patio - great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate....JudyDined on 6/9/2014Food was good. Service adequate. Coffee was served Luke warm....a real pet peeve of mine. This restaurant also requires your credit card info in irder to make a reservation. Another turn off. Breakfast at O'Neill's is better than lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and food!FamilyDined on 5/25/2014We made reservations for the brunch to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!RSMjjensenDined on 5/25/2014Our Brunch was excellent at O'Neils! Never have had a bad experience at this restaurant. Also I was not able to grab a table at 10:30 for our party which was what we needed but was able to note that we would like that time if it came open and I received an email from the restaurant confirming 10:30 for the amount in our party that we needed! Awesome service! Thanks OpenTable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day traditionJohnDined on 5/11/2014We have had Mother's Day brunch the last 3 years. It is a beautiful spot overlooking the golf course with the mountains in the background. The service was excellent. The ambience also great. The music was good as well. The only downside this year was I got reservations too late and could only get 2:30 which was their last seating for brunch. The breakfast type foods were mostly gone, and some of the other food was showing its age. A little dried out and crusty from hours on the sterno. We will be back next year, but it will be for 1:00 or 1:30, not 2:30! Omelette prepared on the spot and the seafood were awesome.Special Features:
- Great spot on golf course.........saliebVIPDined on 5/4/2014Nice music all of the time. Nice outdoor "scene" (golf course, lake, mountains). Great food, reasonably priced. Terrific brunch - go often. Great for parties. Very attentive staff. Really enjoy this place.Special Features:
- Small plates/tapasNeighborVIPDined on 5/2/2014Very good food, but very slow getting it. Excellent service by Sahara. I want to go back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a yummy breakfastrritaDined on 4/26/2014There was NOBODY - including staff visible when we arrived at 8:30 am- but other than SLOW and non existent service- the food was YUMMYSpecial Features:
- Beautiful settingNaranjaVIPDined on 4/10/2014This truly is a hidden gem. We had a great combination lunch with choices of soups/salads/half sandwices/pizzas. The view of the golf course is wonderful if you sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch in O.C.jodeyDined on 3/9/2014We love this brunch and take all our out of town guests, special occasion friends and family. The staff is friendly, attentive and you can't beat the food and view out on their patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findShoshanaVIPDined on 3/8/2014The BBQ ribs and steak were fabulous! Excellent service - helpful, efficient and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Mission ViejoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2014One of the few restaurants in Mission Viejo that has outdoor dining with a great view. We have only dined there for lunch and the food is always good. I'd like to try the dinner menu sometime!Special Features:
- O'Neill's Bar & GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2014This is where we like to go for special meals.. The food is outstanding, well-prepared & served. The wine list is extensive. Cozy ambulance, inside & out. Beautiful location off the Arroyo Golf course. We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decor too dark, menu very differentluv2dineVIPDined on 2/16/2014Hadn't been here in yrs. New menu, of course, plus new decor. The bar/lounge has a nice atmosphere & caters to golfers since it is at the Arroyo Trabuco Public Course. In the dining rooms I didn't like the dark decor & the high back chairs - makes the smallish place seem even smaller. Definitely needs a re-do. Menu is quite different, but lots of interesting apps & small plates, something my honey & I enjoy since we like to graze around, sampling lots of things. I like that they offer half or whole portion on entrees. We sampled the cod ceviche (yum), the steamed clams (very nice), the braised lamb stuffed peppers (very good), Pinot Grigio (excellent), and the flourless choc cake w/van bean ice cream (to-die-for). Sahara is a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It doesn't get much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2014We arrived 15 minutes before our reservation time but were immediately seated. Service was superior and provided by Cameron. However, others helped with plate removal, coffee refills etc. We did sit outside and overlooked the 18th green. Cameron conspired with the bartender to make me a mild Bloody Mary. That was followed by an excellent buffet. My wife and I both had the chilled seafood (shrimp, crab, lox etc, etc. then finished with a great, custom made omelet. We will be back. Note! We did not golf this time but if you do, the brunch is half price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a wonderful place - server,RoscoeVIPDined on 2/5/2014Just a wonderful place - server, Sahara on her a game: delightful knowledgeable and very helpfulSpecial Features:
- Beautiful settingDaraVIPDined on 1/31/2014What a find! We've been in OC for 9 years and just found this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise Xmas treat!aab7777Dined on 12/25/2013Never knew this place existed. So close, yet felt so far way. Beautiful location and scenery. Next to the hills and golf course with plenty of old oak trees. Excellent food. Crab legs, prime, rib, and ham were all tasty and fresh. Oysters were huge and probably the best I ever had. Shrimp was plenty and delicious. Everything else was very good also. Servers kept our champagne glasses full. We were seated next to an outside 1-man jazz/rb singer on a keyboard. Played a nice jazz rendition of Chaka Khan's classic hit Sweet Thing. A wjnning 5-star Xmas brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchLuv2dineVIPDined on 12/15/2013What a great job this place does for brunch we have gone there over 7 times and always enjoyed the prompt service the nice choice of food just a good experience all around. Also live music on the patio and great view of lake and golf courseSpecial Features:
- Brunch with MomHungryDaveDined on 12/15/2013We had a fantastic time last Sunday taking the family ( son 16, daughter 12, son 1, wife and mother) to Brunch. We sat outside and listened to the live music and smelled the scents of roasted meats and omelettes being made to order. My son started my gathering a large plate of Crab legs and oysters. Mixed with pure horseradish, and fresh lemon, it was delightful.Special Features: