One South Capitol Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indianapolis.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp
- Phone: 3176166160
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Pivar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room able to accomidate no more then 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: Tasha Johnson 3176166160
A word from One South
Treat your taste buds to American cuisine with an Italian flair at One South. This bright, contemporary restaurant is built around serving healthy, fresh, and flavorful cuisine for breakfast, lunch, dinner. From the warm panninis to the enhanced made-to-order pasta station, One South offers something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One South reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)great for brunch (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Pasta BarSKesqVIPDined on 10/23/2014We eat here a lot for lunch. Staff got my reservation mixed up and service was very slow this day, but the food is great and it is nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprisecincishellyDined on 10/12/2014Food was good and service was great. I was very impressed with the chicken sausage (i don't eat pork) and the made-to-order omelette and waffle station. The wait staff was friendly and were always around to offer drink refills. If I ever stay at the Hyatt again, I will definitely eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am not impressedJanetDined on 10/12/2014I made reservation and no one checked me in. I waited at the empty restaurant for quite a while- no one monitored the door. I asked for unsweetened grapefruit juice, I got sweetened pineapple grapefruit juice. They did not have Sweet n Lo, so I went to my room to get my own packs. When I came back, my coffee was already poured and was no longer hot. So, for a high-scale restaurant, the quality of service was rather low class.
- Good breakfast buffetjpsouthbendDined on 10/5/2014We stayed at the hotel and choose to have breakfast here. The menu looked like it had lots of options that were appealing but we ended up chosing to do the buffet. There were the standards - eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. There was also an omlet station Not being a huge fan of eggs, I didn't partake of this. However, hidden at the end of the line - just past the omlet station - there were very yummy pastries. Overall the restaurant was bright and appealing. I would likely eat here again if I were in the area or staying here.Special Features:
- Leisure LunchAngieDined on 9/21/2014We went on a Sunday afternoon for lunch. The place was empty so it was very quiet. Our food was good. It was cooked fresh. Our waitress was Kathy and she was pleasant. We had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One SouthWolfgangDined on 9/16/2014Excellent food, service, and atmosphere. Waitress was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta BarSKesqVIPDined on 8/20/2014We love going to the Hyatt for the lunch pasta bar; however, our waitress was extremely rude. Hope we do not get her next time.
- Pasta bar is the way to goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Do the pasta bar. Don't worry if you are trying to cut the carbs, you can get salad, soup, and it also has a ton of veggies and meats you choose from. Menu items are overpriced so this is why I recommend the pasta bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for breakfast and lunchLoriDined on 8/5/2014I had several business breakfasts and lunches during an annual meeting at the Convention Center. The location was very convenient for a getaway to a quiet area where we could enjoy a real lunch served quickly. The pasta bar was a big hit. The breakfast buffet was equally good, fast and delicious. Servers were very accomodating, attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Farm to fork eatingDaveHVIPDined on 8/3/2014Located inside the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel, this venue takes pride in the "farm to fork" style of cuisine. My colleagues and I went there for lunch. I had their special salad served with a corn yogurt dressing. I didn't want to go too heavy on the dressing since it looked as though it was still fermenting. My colleague and I noticed an effervescence which we felt was a defect. Otherwise the food was very good.Special Features:
- I LOVE THIS PLACE!IndyFoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014I love this place! My partner and I try to work the pasta bar lunch into our schedule at least every other month. It's always great to go there.Special Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the One South reviews archive.
- Impressed with One South!LizzieVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had 13 people in our party, which I thought would be a problem, but we had two servers for the group. They gave us our own private room. The restaurant is located within the Hyatt hotel, which I didn't know when I booked it, but the food was very good. I had the margarita flatbread which was delicious. Others had the create your own salads or the the create your own entree with protein, starch, and vegetables. They also gave us points towards our meal if we were Hyatt Gold members. I would come back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Food was cold. Steak did not have good flavor and tilapia lacked taste. It tasted very "fishy." However, salads were delicious.Special Features:
- OneSouthIndyPalominoIndyDined on 4/27/2014Decent salad bar but only open on weekends; burgers and sandwiches are not goodSpecial Features:
- Hidden Gem in the HyattGgalVIPDined on 2/21/2014Bryan our waiter was wonderful and friendly. As a downtown worker I had not been to One South. It is a hidden gem but I am glad we got there very early. It was very busy right at noon and the line for the pasta backed up. I do not eat alot of pasta but was enticed by the salad bar and soup. It was a very healthy and good meal. You should market not just to your hotel and tower but other work spaces downtown. A bit over priced for my budget. I was flabber ghasted that the past/salad bar /make your own was $12+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday lunchPutabDined on 1/30/2014party of 10 for annual holiday lunch. Appreciated being seated in private dining room without it being requested. The group enjoyed the food. Our server was very pleasant and promptly attended to our needs. Line for pasta bar was long and very slow, makes it difficult for a large group to all eat at the same time.Special Features:
- Fabulous!AuntQDined on 12/19/2013I'm not a big pasta person when it comes to dining out so I hesitated to get the pasta bar when our department dined there for lunch and I am so glad that I went with the group. It was awesome. The salad was fresh and a large amount of toppings to put on it. And the pasta was excellent--so many options to choose from and the red pepper sauce was perfect. But the best part of the whole meal was the bread pudding. Again, I was hesitant to try it and now kind of wish I hadn't because now I want it everyday! I hope this is an everyday item because next week when my husband and I go there for lunch I might just make a meal of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did lunch before a Colts game...fasColtsfanDined on 12/1/2013Did lunch before a Colts game...fast and easy as the only option available was the breakfast buffet. But it's a little later than breakfast so everything is a bit like leftovers. It's OK.
- Brunch before Colts gameGingerdogDined on 11/10/2013Convenient location, no crowd, quick buffet breakfast before game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!PickyEaterVIPDined on 11/7/2013I always enjoy One South. I enjoy the menu items, but typically, I go for the pasta bar. I get to design my own pasta dish with fresh ingredients that are assembled by a friendly, efficient chef. It's a great spot for groups, because there are so many options -- and the pricing is pretty good, too! My only complaint -- if you can call it that -- is that I think they need a larger pasta bar for when it's really busy. Maybe at least 2 chefs behind the counter. I sometimes have to wait in line longer than it takes me to eat my pasta. I suppose it's the curse of success, but it's fixable if they're willing to spend the money. I would definitely (and do!) recommend One South to friend, coworkers, and visitors. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placedjrinconDined on 9/12/2013The food is always good. Love the fact that you have a great pasta bar. Overall it is always the place my Co workers and I chose to have that special meeting, or that particular place to have a great lunch with each other. Food is great, we enjoy the environment and will continue to come back. Noise was as normal for the lunch hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Pasta Bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/22/2013Chef Brian is simply the best. His ability to multi-task is amazing! Pasta made to order with yummy choices. Always fresh, hot, and correct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast meetinghappymomDined on 5/13/2013The staff, setting and food were phenomenal; an unexpected surprise. We were a group of 12 conference attendees who had never met and decided to meet for breakfast on the first day of the conference. The staff set us up in a special room, turned down the music, and met our every need. The food was spectacular. I went back later with another group for the lunch buffet which was equally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend the pasta bar for lunchFoodieVIPDined on 4/23/2013Got the pasta bar and it was a lot of food, if you have low restraint for buffets. Since we ordered the buffet, the service was fast. Many salad options also. Bread pudding was average. $16 lunch with tip. Buffet includes a beverage and dessert. Good food and would go back. Centrally located in lobby of the Hyatt hotel.Special Features:
- Enjoyed gourmet oatmeal andOpentablefriendVIPDined on 2/26/2013Enjoyed gourmet oatmeal and pancakes for brunch. Service was FABULOUS. The quality of the food was wonderful and the coffee was excellent. Very pleased.Special Features:
- Wonderful!PickyEaterVIPDined on 2/19/2013You can't go wrong with One South. The salad/pasta bar is the absolute best. There's nothing like choosing the ingredients for yourself. The room is elegant and sophisticated; the service outstanding (ask to sit in Jake's section). Perfect spot to take a group.Special Features:
- Pasta bar was great as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013Pasta bar was great as always. Service was sub-par as it took forever to get our checks.Special Features:
- The pasta/salad bar is theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013The pasta/salad bar is the best lunch. At $14 it's a little high for lunch but completely worth it. Everything is always fresh in the salad bar and it's not your typical fare. The chef does an outstanding job preparing everyone's pasta, made to order. It's delicious and we can get in and out in less than an hour so it's perfect if you're within walking distance. Since most people choose this for lunch rather than ordering off the menue, the waitstaff doesn't really have a lot to do but refill your beverage and take your plates. That's the only reason I gave them a "good" for service.Special Features:
- Great choice for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/27/2012Great place to eat with friends for lunch. The food is delicious, especially the made to order pasta bar. Just be sure to get there early enough or late enough to avoid the long lines that normally develop. The staff are very pleasant and the place is clean and elegant. The prices are reasonable, especially with the discount they offer for people who work downtown.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving Buffet was greatFoodTrekkerVIPDined on 11/22/2012Had a wonderful Thanksgiving buffet with all the trimmings plus a waffle/omelet station.Special Features:
- Failed Attempt at Thanksgiving BrunMRicardo8906Dined on 11/22/2012This was our first time at Once South for brunch or any meal for that matter. Every year we take our family and one other person to one of the Indianapolis Hotel Brunches for Thanksgiving Brunch. The overall opinions of our guest is that it failed to meet our expectations. The food placement and selection left a lot to be desired. Sausage and bacon next to Macaroni and Cheese, nesx to desert. The salad bar was good, but then followed by poorly prepared stuffing and stiff mashed potatoes.Special Features:
- Everyone in my group of 5NicoDined on 11/12/2012Everyone in my group of 5 had the pasta bar for lunch. All of us were extremely happy with the selection and service. I'll be back!Special Features:
- The food was very good atHowardVIPDined on 10/21/2012The food was very good at lunch. We were surprised that at 1:00 in the afternoon we had the entire place to ourselves. Maybe it's busy during the week?
- Sunday Breakfast Buffet thatColtsfanDined on 10/21/2012Sunday Breakfast Buffet that runs as brunch hour is very good...fresh fruits, and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- FOOD POSION is my review andconsandraDined on 10/19/2012FOOD POSION is my review and I had the chicken pizza with the feta, spinach, sundried tomatoes.Special Features:
- I work downtown and One SouthOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2012I work downtown and One South is a favorite lunch spot with the coworkers- we enjoy the pasta station and salad bar.Special Features:
- Had lunch on Sunday the 5thluv2dineVIPDined on 8/5/2012Had lunch on Sunday the 5th and was served by waiter Jake and what a fantastic waiter he is and a very personable young man. The food was excellent with no complaints. One South is a fantastic place and ask for Jake and you will get the best service possible. Will definitely return on a future visit to Indi.Special Features:
- Restaurant didn't check theirOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/1/2012Restaurant didn't check their online reservations...table wasn't ready, menu from their website wasn't available (we were told only the buffet was available), and then no plates at the buffet and little food...we left and went to another restaurant.
- Our group met for lunch atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2012Our group met for lunch at One South to have lunch during a recent conference. Although, we chose it based on convenience (they are located right there at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis), the food was great, and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- Modern and ecclectic in design,asdf1234VIPDined on 5/26/2012Modern and ecclectic in design, cold and raw in feeling. Felt like I was at a faast food restaurant. Place is in the main lobby of the Hyatt Hotel and is rub by Hyatt. Food was ok but, atmosphere was sort of cool but, I prefer tablecloths and there were none here. Really felt like I was in the cafeteria at High School. I was ok and if your going will be fine.