116 Yorkville Avenue
Toronto, ON M5R 1C2Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.onehazelton.com/
- Phone: (416) 961-9600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:30am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Drew Ellerby
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: High end catering done through parallel catering
- Private Party Facilities: We deliver... The See and be Scene
- Private Party Contact: Kate Hobson 8885042352
A word from ONE Restaurant
Come visit the latest venture by acclaimed chef, Mark McEwan.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ONE Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)great for outdoor dining (40)fit for foodies (37)hot spot (34)great for lunch (30)great for brunch (28)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (25)romantic (25)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (19)late-night find (10)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- ONE really made my sister's 40th bday special.rosedtoDined on 11/15/2014ONE really made my sister's 40th bday special. They treated my sister and I as special guests, seated at a prime window area and ensured my sister's dersert was designed especially for her. Excellent food. Excellent service. Wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May be Toronto's BestPetercDined on 11/14/2014Great service understanding our desire to talk when we arrived at 7pm. We were the last to leave after midnight. Our guest was a chef and not only was she impressed, she discovered new dishes and food she had never tasted. My wife's Filet Mignon was the best of her life and we have eaten in many top restaurants in Europe and the Caribbean as well as Canada. The Beets and Mushrooms were incredible supporting my Sea Bass. We would highly recommend "One". Mark is a magician.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 'Working Lunch' turned out to be a great idea19THOLEVIPDined on 11/12/2014Taking a NEW Client to a Restaurant is always a RISK and this case, it turned out to be a good choice, with a 'Favorable Outcome' in many ways. Excellent Food, Great Service and the right amount of Privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best waiterDMMMDined on 11/2/2014I wish I knew his name but we have him every time we go to One for brunch - thoughtful, observant, naturally charming, not obsequious. He makes our dining experience that much better.Special Features:
- foodyDined on 11/1/2014The menu offers a lot of choice. The combination of flavors were a pleasing surprise and the presentation of dishes was well done. Atmosphere is impressive, but very comfortable. Will be returning again to try other selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & Great Food !CityExplorerDined on 10/27/2014This is one of the nicest restaurants in Toronto ! Their food is always awesome, and the service...Special Features:
- dkdkfjDined on 10/19/2014kjfkldafdkfjaldkfjakdsjfkla nckadkfjadsklfakfbnvaksdfklajflkadjskvlkn kdn;flkajdklfjadlksga;lgjlkadgkfkalsdakgfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ServiceAD421VIPDined on 10/12/2014We were a demanding table of four and the waiter was really great, with a wonderful sense of humour, which added to our enjoyment of the very good food - crab eggs benedict, truffled frites, wonderful blueberry pancakes. It was perfect all round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ONEderful!GourmandTODined on 10/9/2014Went for lunch with a business colleague. Service was spot on; wait staff were knowledgeable, courteous and appropriately attentive. Every bite of food was delightful. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for brunchlove2eatDined on 9/28/2014We come here often for brunch. It never disappoints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OriginalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The mixture of flavors represents well the multicultural side of toronto. we enjoyed the atmosphere with a great smiling service.Special Features:
- 3foodies3foodiesVIPDined on 9/26/2014VERY EXPENSIVE - Dinner for 3 over $500.00. Oysters very expensive. They change the wait staff continuously - they say it's seamless, but not so as we have to answer the same questions about our order twice. Perhaps it was a bad night, but definitely not a memorable evening.Special Features:
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Services was good. The server made sure that my guest felt special on his birthday. She also made sure that our patio table was under a heater as per request. We did not feel rushed and the food and drinks were nicely paced. Perhaps it would be beneficial to have more healthy options. Overall, it was a good dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertfirstDessertfirstDined on 9/20/2014Didn't get to dessert. The eggplant appetizer and butter chicken was too amazing to have any room left for dessert. Great selection of sides. Had to try them all as it was our first visit. Will return and save room for dessert next time!Special Features:
- Happy Birthday to me919ipaDined on 9/19/2014We took another couple to One to celebrate my birthday and kept this reason very low key except our friend mentioned it while our server was nearby. The ladies had delicious crisp Caesar salads, the men had calamari and the leek and potato soup - all very tasty I had a perfectly cooked to my order, filet with a side of onion rings (It was my birthday) while our friends had pickerel on risotto and pasta, as did my husband. At the end of a sumptuous meal, when we had all declined dessert and coffee, I was presented, very quietly, with a plate of 4 complimentary cookies and a lighted candle. with Happy Birthday written in chocolate. It was very thoughtful and I really appreciated the presentation which was so subtle. We'll return!Special Features:
- Tough duck, noisy roomNoneDined on 9/19/2014Title says it all - the duck (a favourite of mine) was tough, and tasteless. It was so noisy, even tough the room was not filled, I was unable to hear what my guest was saying, which was very embarrassing. The service was slow or non existent - for example, I asked for bread, and it was 10-15 minutes before it arrived.Special Features:
- Disappointing.NickVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food was not prepared to request (medium steak came to the table as almost rare, fries came cold, lime instead of the lemon I requested, etc.).
- Somewhat disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014Went for brunch. Ordered the burger and fries. Very good but not $30.00 good. But it's One so prices are high. Great patio ordered a moderately priced 2011 bottle of red wine and received a 2013. Waiter did not seem to care, just asked if we wanted something else (sarcastically). Guess he didn't care because it wasn't a $300.00 bottle. At the end of the meal my friend wanted to pay her half with a debit card and she was told (sarcastic "sorry") debit not working-- this should be told to patrons at the beginning of the meal-- what if that was all she had??? Anyway, I'd go back because I love the patio but the servers should smarten up with the attitudeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SplendidAD421VIPDined on 9/7/2014Kim the hostess is terrific and the food is splendid, the crab eggs Benedict in particularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchTorontoBOIDined on 9/7/2014One if the best brunches in Toronto. Great to be on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Chef Drew is amazing-- lobster spoons, peaches and foie gras--WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Great food, great service. Lots of bees on the patioSpecial Features:
- Excellent BrunchFunloverdinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014A fabulous brunch from a very interesting menu. It was perfect for a cool August afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSsandieDined on 8/17/2014What a wonderful experience. Loved, loved, loved our meal. The menu looks a bit pricey, but, the food matched up to the price. The desserts were amazing as well. The s'mores was so beautiful. It looked like a little Forrest.Special Features:
- A lovely eveningBoultonRussellDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food. Especially enjoyed the lobster spoons. Service was attentive. Patio is lovely.Special Features:
- Great for a dinner outscottfromTODined on 8/13/2014Excellent food and service, we all had the seafood and were impressed. Heirloom tomato salad was delicious.Special Features:
- UpscaMistrrVIPDined on 8/12/2014Some fantastic food including the best black cod my wife's ever had, and I liked the butter chicken tacos starter and octopus entree almost as much. We were seated at a great table on the patio but it was next to a very slick guy sitting by himself and talking loudly on his phone. I asked our server if One had a cell phone policy and was told no, but she was nice and helped us move to another table away from the wheeler-dealer. The scene caters to the rich, powerful, and/or beautiful and though we are 0.5 for 3 on that score we were treated well and didn't feel too out of place. My wife didn't order the $56 glass of wine (nor I the $4200 bottle) and we congratulated ourselves on our restraint. A most memorable meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheersDined on 8/8/2014Everything was great - food, ambience and service. Our waiter (named Roger) was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lish79VIPDined on 8/7/2014We love going there we love the lobster on the spoon I always get the seafood pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday dinnerJustinLDined on 8/3/2014Very enjoyable night, AMAZING server. Would definitely return for another night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- egg white omeletVivianVIPDined on 8/3/2014good is we have egg white choice bad is the brunch is limited and not good at allSpecial Features:
- Date NightChiksyDined on 8/2/2014The food was quite good and the ambience vibrant. Had a Lovely evening . Look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our lunch, the menu was not extensive but there was something for everyone. Eevrything was prepared very well. Recommend the pickerel! The restaurant was mostly vacant when we dine as most people were outside.Special Features:
- Great Summer PatioTTRKVIPDined on 8/1/2014I love the patio and like the food. Great place to spend a summer lunch
- Great food and patiobusinesslunchVIPDined on 7/31/2014If you have not had the lobster spoons (butter braised) then you are missing out. Extensive wine list and perfectly cooked pasta. Patio a must for Yorkville people watchingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Food was fabulous. Our server was friendly and professional. The noise level was fairly low so we were easily able to carry on a conversation with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 488 reviews are from the ONE Restaurant reviews archive.
- LuvcelinehandbagDined on 7/20/2014Our waiter did not mention the specials for the day. I overheard another waiter telling them to his table. I ended up changing my appitizer. Glad I was able to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- p2umaDined on 7/20/2014Please notify customers before hand when they don't have summerlicious menu on Sunday lunch......!! So that people can plan to the other restaurant.Special Features:
- Mediocre and overpricedbluelinesDined on 7/20/2014Our brunch at One was seriously disappointing. The steak with my steak and eggs was tough and sinewy and far closer to medium than the medium-rare I ordered. My wife's waffle tasted like it had been made a few days ago and then heated up; it was like eating stale bread. Overall, the quality of the food was totally unacceptable, particularly given that our brunch without alcohol was over $80.
- Top notchdineoutVIPDined on 7/19/2014The service and food was wonderful. Could not sit outside due to weather but have been there previously and enjoyed the outdoor seating in a very comfortable neighborhood. This is a very energetic restaurant and bar scene. The overall experience was very, very good and one of our favorite locations and restaurants in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.