116 Yorkville Avenue
Toronto, ON M5R 1C2Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.onehazelton.com/
- Phone: 4169619600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:30am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Drew Ellerby
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: High end catering done through parallel catering
- Private Party Facilities: We deliver... The See and be Scene
- Private Party Contact: Kate Hobson 8885042352
A word from ONE Restaurant
Come visit the latest venture by acclaimed chef, Mark McEwan.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ONE Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (103)special occasion (87)fit for foodies (69)hot spot (63)great for lunch (62)great for brunch (49)romantic (46)notable wine list (40)neighborhood gem (37)vibrant bar scene (31)good for groups (25)late-night find (20)scenic view (20)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Disappointing.NickVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food was not prepared to request (medium steak came to the table as almost rare, fries came cold, lime instead of the lemon I requested, etc.).
- Somewhat disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014Went for brunch. Ordered the burger and fries. Very good but not $30.00 good. But it's One so prices are high. Great patio ordered a moderately priced 2011 bottle of red wine and received a 2013. Waiter did not seem to care, just asked if we wanted something else (sarcastically). Guess he didn't care because it wasn't a $300.00 bottle. At the end of the meal my friend wanted to pay her half with a debit card and she was told (sarcastic "sorry") debit not working-- this should be told to patrons at the beginning of the meal-- what if that was all she had??? Anyway, I'd go back because I love the patio but the servers should smarten up with the attitudeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SplendidAD421Dined on 9/7/2014Kim the hostess is terrific and the food is splendid, the crab eggs Benedict in particularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014One if the best brunches in Toronto. Great to be on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Chef Drew is amazing-- lobster spoons, peaches and foie gras--WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Great food, great service. Lots of bees on the patioSpecial Features:
- Excellent BrunchFunloverdinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014A fabulous brunch from a very interesting menu. It was perfect for a cool August afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSsandieDined on 8/17/2014What a wonderful experience. Loved, loved, loved our meal. The menu looks a bit pricey, but, the food matched up to the price. The desserts were amazing as well. The s'mores was so beautiful. It looked like a little Forrest.Special Features:
- A lovely eveningBoultonRussellDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food. Especially enjoyed the lobster spoons. Service was attentive. Patio is lovely.Special Features:
- Great for a dinner outscottfromTODined on 8/13/2014Excellent food and service, we all had the seafood and were impressed. Heirloom tomato salad was delicious.Special Features:
- UpscaMistrrVIPDined on 8/12/2014Some fantastic food including the best black cod my wife's ever had, and I liked the butter chicken tacos starter and octopus entree almost as much. We were seated at a great table on the patio but it was next to a very slick guy sitting by himself and talking loudly on his phone. I asked our server if One had a cell phone policy and was told no, but she was nice and helped us move to another table away from the wheeler-dealer. The scene caters to the rich, powerful, and/or beautiful and though we are 0.5 for 3 on that score we were treated well and didn't feel too out of place. My wife didn't order the $56 glass of wine (nor I the $4200 bottle) and we congratulated ourselves on our restraint. A most memorable meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheersDined on 8/8/2014Everything was great - food, ambience and service. Our waiter (named Roger) was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lish79VIPDined on 8/7/2014We love going there we love the lobster on the spoon I always get the seafood pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday dinnerJustinLDined on 8/3/2014Very enjoyable night, AMAZING server. Would definitely return for another night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- egg white omeletVivianVIPDined on 8/3/2014good is we have egg white choice bad is the brunch is limited and not good at allSpecial Features:
- Date NightChiksyDined on 8/2/2014The food was quite good and the ambience vibrant. Had a Lovely evening . Look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our lunch, the menu was not extensive but there was something for everyone. Eevrything was prepared very well. Recommend the pickerel! The restaurant was mostly vacant when we dine as most people were outside.Special Features:
- Great Summer PatioTTRKVIPDined on 8/1/2014I love the patio and like the food. Great place to spend a summer lunch
- Great food and patiobusinesslunchVIPDined on 7/31/2014If you have not had the lobster spoons (butter braised) then you are missing out. Extensive wine list and perfectly cooked pasta. Patio a must for Yorkville people watchingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Food was fabulous. Our server was friendly and professional. The noise level was fairly low so we were easily able to carry on a conversation with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvcelinehandbagDined on 7/20/2014Our waiter did not mention the specials for the day. I overheard another waiter telling them to his table. I ended up changing my appitizer. Glad I was able to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- p2umaDined on 7/20/2014Please notify customers before hand when they don't have summerlicious menu on Sunday lunch......!! So that people can plan to the other restaurant.Special Features:
- Mediocre and overpricedbluelinesDined on 7/20/2014Our brunch at One was seriously disappointing. The steak with my steak and eggs was tough and sinewy and far closer to medium than the medium-rare I ordered. My wife's waffle tasted like it had been made a few days ago and then heated up; it was like eating stale bread. Overall, the quality of the food was totally unacceptable, particularly given that our brunch without alcohol was over $80.
- Top notchdineoutVIPDined on 7/19/2014The service and food was wonderful. Could not sit outside due to weather but have been there previously and enjoyed the outdoor seating in a very comfortable neighborhood. This is a very energetic restaurant and bar scene. The overall experience was very, very good and one of our favorite locations and restaurants in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodsterihearteatingDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed the food the and cocktail very much and would recommend this restaurant to my family & friends. I had the crab Benedict which was very delicious and approaching lavender for cocktail- money well spent!Special Features:
- An Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014We had a lovely experience, in general. The wait staff was outstanding, nothing left undone! We found the food excellent, as well. We were celebrating a birthday evening, and the 'extra touches' added to the dessert for us was special, too. I should note, however, that we were able to take advantage of Summerlicious, consequently, the prices were kept to an acceptable level. Based on the general menu selections and prices, this would be a place we would reserve to celebrate very special occasions, only.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Lives up to its reputation. Another gem in the owners stable. Very professional and makes the experience worth he while. Celebrated our 9th anniversary. Glad to have chosen this place for the memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Training NeededjpmarieDined on 7/17/2014I left the restaurant with a bad taste in my mouth. However, that was because of the server, not the food. The food was good but it didn't make up for the patronizing service. (The other staff: hostess, food runner etc.. were good). Its a beautiful space in doors, and although it was busy, the noise level was great for carrying on a conversation. Still, with all the other great restaurants this city offers, I don't see myself returning here.
- foodiesfoodiesDined on 7/17/2014This was my second visit to ONE during summerlicious this season. It was a wonderful experience. Food, service and ambiance was superb. I have been to ONE on many occasions in the past and selected items from their regular menu. I have never been disappointed. I highly recommend this restaurant. Yes, it is pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- A gem in YorkvilleTastingTorontoDined on 7/16/2014I finally booked a dinner reservation at this lovely restaurant. I've passed it many times and thought it looked wonderful but the patio definitely caters to the 'see and be seen' crowd. We were seated at a window table inside and I was most impressed...you could see the patio(which is lovely) and the room itself was impressive and intimate. The tables are not too close together so you don't have to listen to those conversations. The food was tasty but dessert was my favourite.Special Features:
- DininggoddessDined on 7/16/2014The restaurant is a great place to go on a date night, special occasion or just somewhere to get good food. The service is extremely slow. I've gone for lunch a few times over the last couple of weeks and it took two hours for our lunch to be ordered served and the bill to arrive. Recommended to people who have plenty of time to lunch, otherwise dinner might be a better option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic summerlicious mealimjeremyDined on 7/15/2014It is definitely one of the best Summerlicious meals I've had over the past 3 or 4 years. Apps: The corn and crab chowder was fantastic. The presentation was interesting as well: they had the ingredients in the bowl and when they brought it to the table they added the hot water. It didn't seem at first like it would be good but I was wrong. I also had the pork belly and it was even better than the corn and crab chowder. The highlight of the meal was definitely the apps. Mains: Had the boneless pork rack and the black tiger shrimp chow mein, both of which were very good. Desserts: Had Ontario Fruit Crumble and chocolate cheesecake. Both were good but the lowlights of the meal. The bread was also some of the best bread that I've had.Special Features:
- Great experienceBlueSapphireVIPDined on 7/15/2014It was nice to spend the evening at Yorkville's most happening spot. Good ambiance, prompt service and delicious food. I started with the west coast oysters. They were hearty and creamiest most delicious oysters I've ever had! Really enjoyed having them. For the main course I had the Black Cod with miso, sesame pancake, chow mein noodles, carrot & cucumber salad with marinated tofu and yuzu aioli. Excellent presentation and served at the just perfect temperature! Paired with a glass of Pascal Jolivet ‘Clos du Roy’ 2013, Sancerre it was heavenly. I skipped dessert but had a glass of grappa - which was just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious disappointingDerrick2Dined on 7/15/2014Iceberg lettuce's avocado was hard and chewy. Dressing not inspiring. Fried chicken was adequate but not stellar. Best part was the fruit tart dessert.Special Features:
- Underwhelming and disappointingnotsogreatDined on 7/13/2014Booked the restaurant on the name and reputation of Mark McEwan. One of our party had been there that week for the Summerlicious lunch. Disappointed and surprised to find exactly the same menu offerings for dinner on what was a very limited choice menu. Pork belly appetizer and then pork as an entree??? Iceberg lettuce??? Eggplant lasagna was overdone; the boneless pork rib was tough and vegetables were overdone. Main dining room pleasant enough, but washrooms extremely dim and dark. Both men in the party thought that a seeing eye dog might be provided for their washroom. As we were departing the restaurant, we encountered two women who exited their washroom exclaiming that there were MEN in the Ladies washroom!
- summerlicioussuburbandwellersDined on 7/12/2014We booked a table through the summerlicious program. The wait staff was great in taking our order and was attentive throughout the evening. The menu was clearly items clearly not on their regular menu. Cheaper meats and variety poor. We were seated indoors however the patio doors were open. We observed four flies over our table which was off putting. Interesting place to people and car watch.Special Features:
- stuckupDined on 7/12/2014Unhappy about the arrangements. We invited a couple to enjoy a great evening in a supposed to be very high-end and over-rated restaurant to have a nice evening, however, was ruined by the extreme stuck-up environment by some of the staff. We are professionals and dressed in suits and dresses to the occasionals. The summerlicious events were never displayed anywhere in sight. When requested for the summerlicious menu, we were treated as cheap skates. We were told that if one orders the summerlicious menu, we all have to order from the same menu and not on the regular menu. We are much welcomed at Biff, CIBO etc. One Restaurant should not be with the Summerlicious program at all.
- Excellence all around!specialoccasionDined on 7/12/2014From the reception to the service to the food (of course) the quality was excellent. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- No Summerlicious LunchlilbithungryDined on 7/12/2014Used Open Table through the City of Toronto website to make a lunch reservation. In the morning, One called to confirm the reservation. When I arrived I was informed that there was no summerlicious lunch available on week-ends. I spoke with the manager - apparently I wasn't the 1st person to have this problem -but they offered no solution (except to return at dinner and pay $20 more for the same veg. meal I would have had for lunch). The manager claimed this information was on the website -when I checked there was a yellow box with a generic disclaimer indicating that some restaurants might not have lunch on week-ends. There was nothing specific to One and furthermore if this has been a problem - why didn't they ask when they called?
- mistake by OPENTABLEchubbz227Dined on 7/12/2014I made this reservation with open table for lunch summerlicious at ONE restaurant. Upon arrival, they said they dont serve summerlicious lunch on saturday,why would opentable sent me a confirmation # and remind me 2 times about this RESERVATION? I purposely choose this restaurant to try and I have to take public transportaion to commute from Markham to Downtown Toronto,WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME AND HOLIDAY !!!! I'll appreciate if OPENTABLE can give me a good explanation and compensation on THEIR MISTAKE.Jerry from the ONE restaurant was very nice and do appreciate his understanding why dont want to stay for the brunch as I really want to try the summerlicious menu.VERY disappointed with the opentable for poor communication.