One Red Door
49 Village Way
Hudson, OH 44236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
One Red Door
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://onereddoorhudson.com/
- Phone: (330) 342-3667
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Dinner: 4:00-8:30 Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shawn Monday
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from One Red Door
Eclectic without being eccentric, One Red Door is a chef-driven modern American tavern that usees the best seasonal and artisanal components to create delicious food in a variety of sizes and prices. The brainchild of Chef Shawn Monday and his wife Tiffany, One Red Door also offers handmade cocktails and diverse wine and beer lists. The decor of wood, stone and man-made materials creates an open space that is simultaneously comfortable and elegant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One Red Door reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (14)special occasion (14)romantic (13)notable wine list (13)hot spot (12)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ok/not greatJonesyVIPDined on 11/22/2014whiie the food was just fine, the service was much too amateurish for a restaurant at this price point.
- NinaDined on 11/14/2014Everyone enjoyed the food -- from inventive salads (such as cauliflower with pumpkin seeds) to vegan stew and thin-crust pizzas. The bottle of Malbec we ordered was spot on. Our only quibble was with the service. Six of us were there for two hours and our water glasses were never refilled. While the pizzas came out piping hot, the vegan bean and pumpkin stew was only room temperature and it took several minutes to find our server to request the stew be rewarmed. With a little more attention to detail, One Red Door could go from good to great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great change of paceBonjourDined on 11/14/2014Clams casino was well presented as well as the brushetta. Our fish meals were cooked perfectly and was very enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not enjoy the experienceDineNEOhioDined on 11/7/2014We have been to One Red Door previously and have good experiences. Not sure what was going on this past Friday. Dining experience was not enjoyable.
- Best Brunch EVER!NORMDined on 11/2/2014I've been to many brunches in my lifetime, and One Red Door is now firmly established as the ultimate. Not only is the food top quality and excellently prepared, but it was served piping hot - rare for breakfast fare these days. The house made sausage was perfectly seasoned, the bacon thick and crispy and the Yukon Gold potato hash browns were fantastic. Just the right amount of seasoning and extra crispy. But the pièce de résistance is the lemon-Ricotta pancakes. Our server was professional, polite, prompt and very knowledgeable about the food and even gave us the table number so we could reserve the same spot (one of the two private-ish niches) for future visits, which I hope will be soon! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Dissappointed.FoodandWineEnjoyerDined on 11/1/2014They put us at a table right in front of the door, next to the glass with the hall light shining down on us. There really should not be a table in this location. The chairs cannot be moved back, since the table is also directly between two beams. Many waiters have to walk by his location due to the awkward set up, so our servier had to constantly move while we were trying to speak with her. Food was fair. Cheese board was nice. Duck was good, but the side dishes for both the Duck and the Hanger steak were awful. Hanger steak was very salty on one end. No plans to return. Very overpriced wine list. We eat out a lot, but that wine list was pricier than most, probably due to location of the restaurant.
- Perfect anniversary dinnerlovetodineoutDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I had the most wonderful experience at One Red Door this past weekend for our anniversary. The food was excellent and the service was very good. We'll definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Daveeatfood2Dined on 10/28/2014First time at One Red Door and really enjoyed it. Food was priced reasonably and wine selection was great. Server was very helpful with helping us decide on a wine. The chicken was delicious and also the ox tail. I will return next time im in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TroubleVIPDined on 10/23/20145 of 6 diners were satisfied withe entree. One diner was not because the Tile fish brith was way too salty and the asparagus was too eldente its even cut.Special Features:
- All fineKenAVIPDined on 10/17/2014Everything was fine for a casual Friday nite dinner; food, service, ambiance all good. Calamari was especially tasty.
- FabulousHerseyDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I just moved into the area and we were looking for a place to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. We are so glad we ended up at One Red Door. Our waiter was extremely helpful with giving greater depth to the menu options. Both entrees were excellent. My wife had roasted chicken and I had the rib eye. It may have been the best steak I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in NE OhioDaneDined on 10/6/2014If you want great food, service, location and ambiance, this is it.Special Features:
- Fall fantasticWewillbebackDined on 10/4/2014The 2014 fall menu is delicious. Lots of hearty, tasty and unique options. The kale salad is very tasty as was the cauliflower soup. All entrees were spectacular. Lots of good fall brew choices, too.Special Features:
- Our Waitress was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The food was excellent but the waitress was amazing. She had a great personality, helped us with great recommendations on wine choices and deserts, and you could tell she truly liked what she was doing. She made it a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolonJSDined on 9/18/2014Ambiance is just okay; music is too loud and chairs are not comfortable. Food was very good. Service was pleasant. This is a "foodie" joint that may not be keeping up with the times, as the menu is dominated by selections that have been on the DT140/1RD menu for 10+ years. On a sunny Thursday evening in September the restaurant was only 20% full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyCarolynDined on 9/18/2014Took a friend for a birthday lunch. Had a lovely time, waiter was excellent. Helped us in our choice of wine and food as we couldn't decide. Food was done perfectly, served hot and a great mix of flavors. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Good brunchKateVIPDined on 9/14/2014Brunch was wonderful, especially the eggs Benedict. Service in the bar seems a bit slower than in the dining room, but it was worth the wait!Special Features:
- Servers need to be more attentiveKindadissappointedDined on 9/5/2014Great food and atmosphere. The downside was the service wait staff let an app plate sit for 10 minutes and never once refilled my water during the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchTerriDined on 8/24/2014Had Sunday morning brunch here. Outstanding presentation, choices and food!Special Features:
- Dinner @ One Red Door Rest 8/23/14yossiDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant is only about a half hour from our house. It is located in old building in Hudson, Ohio; the interior is a mixture of modern coinciding with being in a building built in the early 20th century. The washrooms were clean & well-appointed. We ordered the venison special and ahi tuna entrees plus wine & vodka. The food and drinks were superb - having been plated beautifully. Our server was terrific - Dannielle visited us periodically - she did not hover, however, and saw to it that we were happy with everything. We received our money's worth in food, drink and service. We definitely will return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice Spot for LunchMissJMWVIPDined on 8/22/2014Went for lunch on a weekday. Beautiful on the inside, eye catching decor as well. Cocktail list has creative drinks. Reuben was delicious and so was the slaw. The slaw was quite refreshing and different. Just wish the watermelon salad was just a bit bigger though!Special Features:
- One red dooreatoutDined on 8/22/2014Restaurant is wonderful. great atmosphere but had a couple situations One of our guests had to send back her salad three times as the chef did not know his menu. as it was written. She was served after all of us which was 6 people I constantly specified it was a birthday celebration. Nothing was done until I again reminded them Not the waitress fault. I would still recommend the restaurant , food was good and after we pointed out few faults was all taken care of \Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatlovetheredDined on 8/21/2014Always a great time. Good food and great, friendly service -- We shall continue dining at One Red Door.Special Features:
- Food was GreatCIA84FoodieDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed the food at ORD. The menu is different but not too far out of sight for the average Foodie! We started with the build your own Cheese and Charcuterie Board which had a great selection of items and sauces to compliment. For dinner I had the Ribeye and my wife had the Ravioli. Both entrees were served hot and perfect! Service was strange, seemed very rushed and not polished so I would have to say just adequete. That is a tough comment because the restaurant was not even half full and there were several service staff members running about not in any particular direction.Special Features:
- Disappointingdiner2013VIPDined on 8/16/2014This wasn't our first time dining here, yet likely to be our last. In the past, the food & service had been superb. This visit was poor. We ordered hangar steak, which lacked flavor. The scallops were ok, yet the sauce was very rich & over powering. Although we had a pleasant server, she didn't walk by for a while, which resulted in not ordering a bottle of wine. She arrived after our meals did, so was too late. The hostesses appeared confused & disorganized. Throughout our meal, staff walked through the restaurant. This seemed unnecessary & totally distracting. We were celebrating our anniversary, yet One Red Door lacked the ambience for a quiet, romantic celebration. We're bummed with the turnout of our night away from baby.
- Always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014This is one of our favorite dining spots. Great atmosphere and food! Service is always good.Special Features:
- One Red Door was disappointingdisappointedDined on 8/16/2014The hostess was dressed in blue jeans and a tank top, never smiled, and barely said a word. Our waitress was more friendly and informative but waited after our meal was served before asking if we wanted to have some bread. the bread server arrived minutes later, the bread was not warm, and she also didn't say a word. The menu is not exciting. We ordered scallops that were served in a spicy sauce. The dessert -- a chocolate fudge brownie with ice cream -- was good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food was fabulous! Didn't feel bad about spending a pretty penny for the delicious fare like I have at other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, very goodlovetheredDined on 8/15/2014As always, very good food and great service. We will go back ! !Special Features:
- Good fooddogsrusDined on 8/13/2014we love the food service was great it was a bit loud the night we were their but we still could talk and hear each otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch In A LONG Time!stamandVIPDined on 8/10/2014First visit by our party of four and we were delighted with the booth tucked in the back as we had someone with a hearing difficulty. We hadn't seen each other in almost a year and Matt our server was really good about letting us talk and keeping our beverages filled. Three of the group had the feast which they all LOVED. I did sides of bacon, fruit plate (enough for two meals) and the hash browns (I could have eaten a whole platter of them). Everything was wonderful and the prices good for all the food. One of the guest works for a country club and was hoping that she had more servers like Matt who were attentive and knew how to work a table.Special Features:
- Always goodlovetheredDined on 8/8/2014Good food, good service, good ambiance ! ! That's why we always go back ! Always a great dining experience.Special Features:
- ORDPgothroVIPDined on 8/1/2014this is a great spot and always pleases great food and great service to matchSpecial Features:
- The following 520 reviews are from the One Red Door reviews archive.
- Great food - horrible serviceHudsonHelenDined on 7/29/2014We sat in the bar area. Our server (who was also the bartender) was extremely slow in bringing our wine to us. I actually saw our glasses waiting to be served behind the bar but she was too busy making drinks for the bar patrons to take the time to bring them to us. After we placed our order and waited for a long time, she came out to see if our cheeseboard had been served yet. When we said no, she walked away with no apology. It finally arrived, and was delicious. Our server returned well after we could have used refills, so we decided to ask for the check. We were charged for a bottle of wine instead of one glass. No apology - just a few sighs as she tried to adjust our bill. The food and ambiance are wonderful - avoid the bar area!Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Had a great evening and a wonderful waitress. Will definitely go back and will recommend to our friendsSpecial Features:
- First time, not our last timecrischDined on 7/26/2014This was our first visit to One Red Door, and it was fabulous. The service was prompt, not interfering, and professional. The food - spectacular! We will visit again soon.Special Features:
- OHFoodJunkieDined on 7/18/2014Nice seasonal menus. Staff very attentive. Food quality and portions good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Red DoorLuluRestaurantreviewDined on 7/18/2014I have been to this restaurant several times for lunch and I have never been disappointed. Great place to meet friends in this friendly environment. Food and service was very good. Three in our party had the lobster Roll - it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A first for me!omnivoremanDined on 7/12/2014Nice spot in town square setting. After dinner we went out the red door, across the street and listened to a good band for a minute. Back to dinner tho, when we walked in there was a good energy in the place. Was hopping that night for sure, and yet we were served quickly. Appetizer special ( scallops ) , looked and smelled great but unfortunately they ran out just as we were seated. Both entrees were perfectly prepared and the lemon curd dessert refreshing. Good wine selection, and prices were very acceptable. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely not kid friendlyluv2givefeedbackDined on 7/12/2014They can make several kid friendly dishes but don't have a kids menu and charge way too much. $8 for a bowl of pasta and it doesn't come with a drink or any sides. No changer in the bathroom either.Special Features: