One Red Door
49 Village Way
Hudson, OH 44236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
One Red Door
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://onereddoorhudson.com/
- Phone: 3303423667
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Dinner: 4:00-8:30 Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shawn Monday
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from One Red Door
Eclectic without being eccentric, One Red Door is a chef-driven modern American tavern that usees the best seasonal and artisanal components to create delicious food in a variety of sizes and prices. The brainchild of Chef Shawn Monday and his wife Tiffany, One Red Door also offers handmade cocktails and diverse wine and beer lists. The decor of wood, stone and man-made materials creates an open space that is simultaneously comfortable and elegant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One Red Door reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (21)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (17)romantic (16)great for brunch (15)good for groups (14)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- brunchTerriDined on 8/24/2014Had Sunday morning brunch here. Outstanding presentation, choices and food!Special Features:
- Dinner @ One Red Door Rest 8/23/14yossiDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant is only about a half hour from our house. It is located in old building in Hudson, Ohio; the interior is a mixture of modern coinciding with being in a building built in the early 20th century. The washrooms were clean & well-appointed. We ordered the venison special and ahi tuna entrees plus wine & vodka. The food and drinks were superb - having been plated beautifully. Our server was terrific - Dannielle visited us periodically - she did not hover, however, and saw to it that we were happy with everything. We received our money's worth in food, drink and service. We definitely will return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice Spot for LunchMissJMWVIPDined on 8/22/2014Went for lunch on a weekday. Beautiful on the inside, eye catching decor as well. Cocktail list has creative drinks. Reuben was delicious and so was the slaw. The slaw was quite refreshing and different. Just wish the watermelon salad was just a bit bigger though!Special Features:
- One red dooreatoutDined on 8/22/2014Restaurant is wonderful. great atmosphere but had a couple situations One of our guests had to send back her salad three times as the chef did not know his menu. as it was written. She was served after all of us which was 6 people I constantly specified it was a birthday celebration. Nothing was done until I again reminded them Not the waitress fault. I would still recommend the restaurant , food was good and after we pointed out few faults was all taken care of \Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatlovetheredDined on 8/21/2014Always a great time. Good food and great, friendly service -- We shall continue dining at One Red Door.Special Features:
- Food was GreatCIA84FoodieDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed the food at ORD. The menu is different but not too far out of sight for the average Foodie! We started with the build your own Cheese and Charcuterie Board which had a great selection of items and sauces to compliment. For dinner I had the Ribeye and my wife had the Ravioli. Both entrees were served hot and perfect! Service was strange, seemed very rushed and not polished so I would have to say just adequete. That is a tough comment because the restaurant was not even half full and there were several service staff members running about not in any particular direction.Special Features:
- Disappointingdiner2013Dined on 8/16/2014This wasn't our first time dining here, yet likely to be our last. In the past, the food & service had been superb. This visit was poor. We ordered hangar steak, which lacked flavor. The scallops were ok, yet the sauce was very rich & over powering. Although we had a pleasant server, she didn't walk by for a while, which resulted in not ordering a bottle of wine. She arrived after our meals did, so was too late. The hostesses appeared confused & disorganized. Throughout our meal, staff walked through the restaurant. This seemed unnecessary & totally distracting. We were celebrating our anniversary, yet One Red Door lacked the ambience for a quiet, romantic celebration. We're bummed with the turnout of our night away from baby.
- Always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014This is one of our favorite dining spots. Great atmosphere and food! Service is always good.Special Features:
- One Red Door was disappointingdisappointedDined on 8/16/2014The hostess was dressed in blue jeans and a tank top, never smiled, and barely said a word. Our waitress was more friendly and informative but waited after our meal was served before asking if we wanted to have some bread. the bread server arrived minutes later, the bread was not warm, and she also didn't say a word. The menu is not exciting. We ordered scallops that were served in a spicy sauce. The dessert -- a chocolate fudge brownie with ice cream -- was good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food was fabulous! Didn't feel bad about spending a pretty penny for the delicious fare like I have at other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, very goodlovetheredDined on 8/15/2014As always, very good food and great service. We will go back ! !Special Features:
- Good fooddogsrusDined on 8/13/2014we love the food service was great it was a bit loud the night we were their but we still could talk and hear each otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch In A LONG Time!stamandVIPDined on 8/10/2014First visit by our party of four and we were delighted with the booth tucked in the back as we had someone with a hearing difficulty. We hadn't seen each other in almost a year and Matt our server was really good about letting us talk and keeping our beverages filled. Three of the group had the feast which they all LOVED. I did sides of bacon, fruit plate (enough for two meals) and the hash browns (I could have eaten a whole platter of them). Everything was wonderful and the prices good for all the food. One of the guest works for a country club and was hoping that she had more servers like Matt who were attentive and knew how to work a table.Special Features:
- Always goodlovetheredDined on 8/8/2014Good food, good service, good ambiance ! ! That's why we always go back ! Always a great dining experience.Special Features:
- ORDPgothroVIPDined on 8/1/2014this is a great spot and always pleases great food and great service to matchSpecial Features:
- Great food - horrible serviceHudsonHelenDined on 7/29/2014We sat in the bar area. Our server (who was also the bartender) was extremely slow in bringing our wine to us. I actually saw our glasses waiting to be served behind the bar but she was too busy making drinks for the bar patrons to take the time to bring them to us. After we placed our order and waited for a long time, she came out to see if our cheeseboard had been served yet. When we said no, she walked away with no apology. It finally arrived, and was delicious. Our server returned well after we could have used refills, so we decided to ask for the check. We were charged for a bottle of wine instead of one glass. No apology - just a few sighs as she tried to adjust our bill. The food and ambiance are wonderful - avoid the bar area!Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Had a great evening and a wonderful waitress. Will definitely go back and will recommend to our friendsSpecial Features:
- First time, not our last timecrischDined on 7/26/2014This was our first visit to One Red Door, and it was fabulous. The service was prompt, not interfering, and professional. The food - spectacular! We will visit again soon.Special Features:
- OHFoodJunkieDined on 7/18/2014Nice seasonal menus. Staff very attentive. Food quality and portions good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Red DoorLuluRestaurantreviewDined on 7/18/2014I have been to this restaurant several times for lunch and I have never been disappointed. Great place to meet friends in this friendly environment. Food and service was very good. Three in our party had the lobster Roll - it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A first for me!omnivoremanDined on 7/12/2014Nice spot in town square setting. After dinner we went out the red door, across the street and listened to a good band for a minute. Back to dinner tho, when we walked in there was a good energy in the place. Was hopping that night for sure, and yet we were served quickly. Appetizer special ( scallops ) , looked and smelled great but unfortunately they ran out just as we were seated. Both entrees were perfectly prepared and the lemon curd dessert refreshing. Good wine selection, and prices were very acceptable. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely not kid friendlyluv2givefeedbackDined on 7/12/2014They can make several kid friendly dishes but don't have a kids menu and charge way too much. $8 for a bowl of pasta and it doesn't come with a drink or any sides. No changer in the bathroom either.Special Features:
- Best of HudsonNewportbummerDined on 7/11/2014Unique food peering, a lot of thought is put into the menu. Hard to decide on a choice, I had hanger steak with asparagus hash. Was just so good I could lick the plateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hourHappyDined on 7/2/2014Happy hour prices and options are great! We had burgers, grouper fingers, great french fries and chx wings. Service was impeccable in the barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EnvironmentDaytonFlyerDined on 6/27/2014One Red Door was terrific.....it was our first times visiting Hudson and One Red Door did not disappoint. Good drinks, good food, friendly confines!I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable dining experienceMikeDined on 6/25/2014Small plates and excellent service made for a pleasant eveningSpecial Features:
- could have been betterdedeDined on 6/23/2014The main complaint was the service, our waiter seemed to be the bartender as well, of which there were only like 3 people at the bar, and I believe he had only 2 other tables. I had to ask him to clear plates from our table, after he presented the check, of which there was no mention to see a dessert list. Our drinks had been empty for sometime before he asked us for another, and I noticed later after we left he had added another drink on our bill of which we did not have. The next day I informed the mgr of this and she gave credit for it. One person had the pork chop, kinda tasteless, but the hanger steaks were good. The onion soup was very good!! The bill was $200 before tip, no problems with that except better choices are out there!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I was very disappointed with One Red Door and most likely will not return. I have never before had the experience of being questioned and talked out of every drink/brunch choice we had made. I did not find this helpful; I was suspicious of the motivation. Food was average.
- Slow to receive but quality foodKellyDined on 6/15/2014They were surprisingly unprepared for a Father's Day rush and by noon (our reservation time), they were out of 2 different dishes. The waiter warned us it would be slow service as they were unprepared in the kitchen - and it was. It was pricey - $17.50 for a hamburger with fries, considering the lack of options on the limited menu Saturday/Sunday.Special Features:
- 1st Visit May Be My LastJaredDined on 6/15/2014Reservation for 5 for Father's Day. Half empty restaurant, but they still seemed like they didn't know where to seat us. Drinks came to the table wrong. Mimosa's tasted like they were made with Tang. Once we ordered it took an hour to get our food. My Lobster Eggs Benedict were cold. The lobster was flavorless, overcooked and rubbery. The eggs had hard set. The hasbrowns were ice cold, overcooked and greasy. They were well-aware of the time issue and discounted our bill, but that discount was still minimal. Tables seemed in a state of disrepair, and need replaced/refinished. On the plus side, our server was kind and did his best to put up with a cranky senior-citizen. Based on this experience I doubt I will ever return to One Red Door.
- Not bad, but room for improvementFightsfiresVIPDined on 6/14/2014We ate at this place on a Saturday night. This is a place you want to like, but the negatives make it difficult to really do so. Has lots of potential, but until it can really execute well, I can't recommend it. The service was fair. Our waitress took our order, disappeared and runners took care of everything else; no one asked how our food was, etc. The busboys clearly need training; didn't know a bread plate from an appetizer plate. Food was creative, well prepared and visually appealing, but bland. We had to ask for salt as there was none on the table; if you're not going to put salt and pepper on tables, then the food better be properly seasoned and it wasn't. Great concept, but definitely needs to improve on executionI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotLifeLoveFoodDined on 6/5/2014Great food. Quality. Worth visiting. Menu has great variety and something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuSusGBVIPDined on 6/1/2014The brunch menu is so extensive and has so many great choices, it's hard to make a decision. Very creative and generous portions. Nice shady patio on the side of the building. Check out the bloody mary bar. They bring you a glass of vodka and ice and you do the rest. The selection includes bacon and shrimp, all sorts of olives, hot sauces and so on. Like having a appetizer with all the accompaniments.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceRobbVIPDined on 5/31/2014Excellent food and great, professional service. The preparations were eclectic and wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was alrightLoveroffoodDined on 5/23/2014When I first entered the One Red Door I thought, "Wow! This place is awesome!". But then I had their food. We got the roasted dates and the pommes frites for an appetizer. The dates were alright, but really chewy from the chorizo. I like the pommes frites and the dipping sauce. My boyfriend ordered the Pasta Carbonara. That one was a big let down. I think it was due to the mushrooms, but the dish tasted like it hotdogs. It was not pleasant to our palettes. I ordered the roasted lamb loin. The lamb tasted find, it could of used more seasoning. The ravioli was a little on the chewy side and the bolognese sauce tasted pretty, but was very unappetizing to look at. The service was good. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful.
- AmazingSydbelleVIPDined on 5/17/2014Always live going there. New menu items all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well doneCameronCMDined on 5/16/2014True chef, excited, willing and able to whip up delicious vegan entrees that don't exist on menu. Very gracious and eager to accommodate all food limitations. Also, Fantastic lobster roll, and an amazing lobster broth soup like nothing I have ever had! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!WineLoverDined on 5/15/2014After a long drive from Richmond, VA we selected this restaurant from Open Table. GREAT FIND! Food was delicious. Highly recommend the dates with chorizo wrapped in bacon. Service was perfect. Our server was wonderful. Wish this restaurant was closer to home.
- Not worth the tripSpaceghostDined on 5/11/2014This was our 3rd trip to the One Red Door. Previous visits were OK. Not this time. Ordered Eggs Benedict and Sausage gravy and biscuits. Could not cut the Canadian bacon OR the English muffin on the eggs Benedict. Both hard as a rock. Bob Evans has better biscuits and gravy. Much too expensive for bad food. Also waited @ 20 minutes before someone showed up to wait on us.
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2014The food was excellent. Second Time there horrible Service. Worst then last time And that was a Few years ago. Extremely slow for everything.Special Features: