1 Pico Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90405Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.shuttersonthebeach.com/
- Phone: 3105871717
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch, Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am – 2:30 pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm; Dinner, Nightly: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Isaac Gamboa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From an intimate dinner for 5 to a corporate dinner for 55 to a catered wedding for 205, Shutters on the Beach offers relaxed elegance and friendly service to complement its delicious food. Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, there is no better place to plan your next special occasion. Let us handle every detail. We specialize in engagement parties (as well as engagements), bridal and wedding showers, rehearsal dinners, and of course, the big day too! Our private rooms are perfect for corporate dinners as well. Please call our catering offices at (310) 458-0030.
- Private Party Contact: Stephen Friddle 3105871717
- Entertainment: Lounge entertainment 7 nights a week from 6:00pm-11:00pm
A word from One Pico
Perched above the beach with sweeping ocean views, a burning fireplace and featuring a seasonal market menu, One Pico is your destination for upscale, coastal dining. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for 2012, One Pico is recognized as premier restaurant for wine enthusiasts. Order Grilled Octopus or Smoked and Braised Beef Short Rib from our seasonal menu or try the "Vine-To-Table" menu – a 3-course prix fixe menu with wine pairings from the monthly featured grape.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
One Pico - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
One Pico reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (121)special occasion (91)romantic (82)fit for foodies (53)notable wine list (46)great for brunch (42)great for lunch (38)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (11)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- One of Santa Monica's BestMytablepicksDined on 10/12/2014One Pico has been a fave for years. The combo of the view, food and service make it a restaurant to return to again and again. Love the brunch combo of drink, appetizer and entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for out of town guestsGtfdbytheseaDined on 10/11/2014Great place in my neighborhood. Easy parking! I have been coming here since Shutters opened and it has maintained its wonderful, by the sea flavor. The drinks, wine and food were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More formal than we wantedLorrislootVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food good. But waiter actually scoffed at our choices. They were on the menu but I guess not his favorites. Would not go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaultlessHMQSGBDined on 10/9/2014We dine at #1 Pico whenever we're in town, and we be never had a bad dining experience Predicted cocktails in the hotel lounge are a must! Cool jazz quartet setting the scene Romantic table next to the window overlooking the pier and Boardwalk Excellent service, unhurried, timely and informative Portion sizes not overwhelming George's bank sword fish excellent! On this occasion the greens side plate were a little salty - only a preference not a fault Thank you once more Will be back soon!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJohnVIPDined on 10/6/2014One Pico did a great job at lunch ... the fish was done to perfection ... and the service was outstanding ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!TracyBVIPDined on 10/5/2014Excellent food, great service, amazing view, wonderful atmosphere. Truly top notch!Special Features:
- Loved itFFONLYDined on 10/4/2014It was a pleasant experience! I will definitely comeback next time I'm in LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OzlaDined on 9/27/2014Great Food and great service as usual....never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014Good food and service in a beautifule room overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Excellent for lunch.Special Features:
- Charming and romanticThehots4newspotsDined on 9/25/2014Great lobby/lounge area with live jazz. Decor was rustic / elegant with hints of a boating theme. It reminded me of what a mansion in Cape Cod might look like. Food was incredible. Steak cooked perfectly and the cod downright delicious. Service also a plus. I took my husband for his birthday and we sat right by the window for a beach view. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beach LocationfinickyfoodieVIPDined on 9/22/2014One Pico has an incredible location, practically perched right on Santa Monica beach. Beautiful beachy architecture, a bit conservative in the decorating but really lovely. Fairly small menu but a nice assortment of choices for dinner. The kale salad was fantastic. The heirloom tomato salad was just okay. Probably could have done more with that. Salmon was unfortunately overcooked. Steaks were good. The fun part was the celebrity sightings, as Jessica Biel was at the table behind us and Gweneth Paltrow was at the table in front of us.Special Features:
- Food was ok, service not so muchSurferStevoDined on 9/21/2014The food was okay - didn't exceed expectations for a hotel restaurant. The service was slightly disappointing. Charming waiter, but not the level of service expected with the price. 10 minutes or more between seating and any kind of drinks, OJ described as fresh but not, wrong drink from the bar, rarely saw the waiter, no mention of special request for a birthday dessert made when reserving.Special Features:
- Lovely Brunch Locations by BeachsantamonicafoodieDined on 9/21/2014If you're looking for a special place to get a pricey brunch, head on over to One Pico. It's not cheap (ie. $15 Bellinis and $5+ cups of plain ol' coffee) but the location and view make up for it... well, it's still a bit too pricey but I'll excuse it. They were very accommodating and we even had a toddler, 4-year old and 6-month old with us. There was plenty of space, the table was set up when we arrived, the service was quick. Food presentation was beautiful and food was tasty. Great place to go if you're looking for a special locale.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Wonderful food and ambiance. Servers were quite attentive and bartenders had a solid pour. The flourless chocolate cake was a-mazing! The staff accommodated myself and the GF with a window seat as the sun set over the Pacific. We'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The dinning room was hot during the hot days, the windows should be open. There is no air condition in this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1pico is number 1 in Santa MonicaDeePeeDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is a must If it's a special occasion...if it's not a special occasion go anyway it's fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingVIPDined on 9/8/2014This is the restaurant that should be on everyone's bucket list at least for a special occassion. Everything and everyone were exceptable, especially the food and its presentation.Special Features:
- Great mealwally6097Dined on 9/6/2014I took my girlfriend here for a romantic meal after our engagement, I was really impressed. Friendly service, great food, great view of sunset, and beautiful inside.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014I though the food was not worth the price that was paid. It was just fair and I expected GREAT!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014A beautiful neighborhood gem, who knew it was there?! Ambiance was beautiful. More like French Italian, very small portions at very high prices. Wine list is extensive but cheapest bottle is $65, maybe 6 bottles under $100. Even though the staff was standing around, they would not serve us until our whole party was there, we had to ask for drinks and bread twice?! My daughter asked if we could go out for pizza after dinner of $400!Special Features:
- No longer worth goingpvaeVIPDined on 8/30/2014Went for brunch on Saturday. Food was abysmal. Frittata was more of an egg frisbee. Pork belly hash - pork belly was not properly cooked and the dish wasn't even a hash. Cocktail was good, though. Restaurant was almost completely empty when it should not have been. I guess we didn't get the memo that the chef changed, or something. The other guests were really strange ...
- One Happy Customer!TonyHTonyHVIPDined on 8/29/2014First of all, kudos to the bartender for crafting a perfect Dirty Gin Martini and Pimm's Cup! The atmosphere was a bit stuffy for my taste, but nice overall. The service was wonderful and the menu presents plenty of options. My vegan guest found no shortage of options and I found the fish to be outstanding. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a romantic spot or a quiet restaurant with beach view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ddbcdmVIPDined on 8/27/2014I was not impressed. I was taking clients for dinner. The service was ok. The food did not justify the price at all. After many years, this is the first open table review I have written because I think the other reviews were way too favorable.Special Features:
- One Pico----The One To TryJonathanDined on 8/23/2014Remembered the "Shutters Hotel" from a business meeting awhile back. While looking for an ocean view fine dining restaurant for diner with my wife...found One Pico. What a gem!! Last month we were at the St Regis in Orange County....and One Pico whipped them hands down...Ambiance...Service...and FOOD! A must try for any romantic occasion.Special Features:
- A lovely spotJohnDined on 8/23/2014We went for brunch at Shutters to celebrate with our two children, their spouses, and our nearly two-year-old granddaughter. It was a wonderful experience in every way. The brunch was superb, the service excellent, the view of the Pacific unmatched. It was our 45th wedding anniversary, and I cannot think of another place I would have preferred being.Special Features:
- So great, so smooth, so wonderful !GuillaumefrDined on 8/20/2014Special place, great view, great service, everything is in the good flow. Menu is not too large but enough to make you searching what to eat a long time.., wine list also was well composed. Best in Santa Monica. Will be back there eyes closed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved seeing the sunset!RobbieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Our table had a perfect view of the ocean, the pier and then the sun setting and the ocean glistening. It was beautiful. The food is excellent. The only downside was the dessert. I've been gluten free for about three years and am accustomed to seeing some type of gluten free dessert. They did serve fruit with ice cream or a trio of sorbets but it would have been nice to have a flourless chocolate cake or something of that sort -- we were celebrating a big birthday and a bowl of strawberries doesn't do it. Otherwise, you can't beat the ambience.Special Features:
- JooleDined on 8/18/2014Short rib was not good-mushy... but filet mignon was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific Rim PerfectionCorianderDined on 8/18/2014Hosted a party for prominent Chinese guests. Every detail perfect. I brought a centerpiece, otherwise the large wood table by the fireplace would have been bare. Aesthetic of the restaurant is spare, but elegant. Candles were added as the sunset faded. Wonderful evening, enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- ONE PICO @ SHUTTERS ON THE BEACHSHUTTERSDined on 8/16/2014GREAT SERVICE, FAB RESTAURANT DECOR, LOVE THE WAITERS UNIFORMS. WISH FOR A MORE "ORIGINAL" BRUNCH FOR THE PRICESpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014I have been at One Pico over five times throughout the year, and sadly, I must acknowledge that over the past two years, this restaurant is declining rapidly as a special place on my list. I was there for a Saturday brunch. It was a beautiful day and sat overlooking Santa Monica beach. For the prices, the food is lacking. My friend order the frittata which had virtually no taste. My lobster BLT was fine; nothing special but decent. In the midst of our meal, our waiter, without informing us, went off on a "break" as we came to understand by someone else who served us in his absence. BTW, he never returned, nor did his replacement mention his break until after we inquired missing him for 15 minutes. For the prices...better food/serv.Special Features:
- A great lunchAlexDined on 8/10/2014One Pico had phenomenal service and a well thought-out menu. The view of Santa Monica beach is unmatched (perhaps only by Coast, located directly downstairs). It is a phenomenal place and I would recommend it to any friend.Special Features:
- A wonderful start to a weekendfogiesnightoutDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I have never been disappointed at One Pico. The quality of the food, ambiance and service combine to make up an extremely evening. This evening was enhanced even further by a fabulous server, who went out of her way to help without being pushy. We could even have a conversation without shouting and the bartender started the evening off with perfectly made cocktails. We will certainly return many times.Special Features:
- Always a great experience!datenightDined on 8/6/2014This is our third visit to One Pico. We had a table by the window overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean. The food and wine was absolutely amazing! This has become one of our favorite restaurants in LA!Special Features:
- ClassyNickiwombleDined on 8/6/2014We loved One Pico. The location of the hotel is amazing, right on the white sandy beach. The atmosphere in One Pico is one of traditional elegance and the decor is right from an interiors magazine. The service was friendly and attentive (but not too much so). The food was good, with lunch choices varied and tasty. The wine was reasonably priced for a glass of very nice wine. We couldn't have asked for more. Thank you One Pico.Special Features:
- Great setting & service.Food okay.wadinerDined on 8/6/2014Beautiful spot on Santa Monica beach. You can't beat it. Service is great and staff do their best to accommodate your needs and requests. I ordered the tomato and calamari starters. Whilst nicely flavoured they were quite simple and lacked panache. I had the turkey burger for the main. It was dry and there was too much meat relative to other fillings. Again overall satisfying but it left you wanting something more. We didn't stay for dessert. Overall I enjoyed the dining experience but wish the food was just as inspiring as the view. Would love to give One Pico another go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningLACTGregularDined on 8/3/2014We hosted a very special celebration for a small group and everything about the evening was wonderful. The hostess was warm, friendly and helpful in getting us all settled. The staff that attended us knew just when to step in and made it easy for us to enjoy one another and the evening of fine dinning and a beautiful sunset. I am very thankful and appreciative to all the folks, as well as the chefs.Special Features:
- Lovely Beach RestaurantMytablepicksDined on 8/3/2014Just celebrated a friend's birthday there. One Pico has a great upscale, yet casual feel. The food is wonderful, good service and fabulous view. It is a perfect place for celebrations and to entertain out of town guests. They will love it.Special Features:
- diningout1VIPDined on 8/3/2014We had a lovely brunch at One Pico. We had a friend in town from the Midwest who loves the beach. One Pico was perfect. We had great food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Employees 20th anniversary dinner1SteakloverDined on 8/2/2014One Pico is a charnming restaurant right on the beach. We wish we had time to take our shoes off and walk the border or in the sand after dinner. Beautiful sunset could be seen even from the side back of restaurant. It feels elegant yet comfortable. Not at all stuffy, just really special and just crazy good food. I am 53, love steak and the ribeye was one of the best I've ever had. It was a wonderful evening for all of us! Superb service too!Special Features: