One Midtown Kitchen
559 Dutch Valley Road
Atlanta, GA 30324Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
One Midtown Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.onemidtownkitchen.com/
- Phone: (404) 892-4111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner only: Sunday through Wednesday 5:30pm till 10pm Thursday through Saturday 5:30pm through 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nick Otarsh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: ONE. midtown kitchen is the perfect place for your next event, large or small. We offer a year-round enclosed, private patio that can accommodate 80 standing for cocktails or 50 seated for dinner. The restaurant itself can also be rented out for large gatherings of 350 people standing for cocktails or 200 for a sit-down dinner. The atmosphere at ONE is unsurpassed and paired with our unbeatable service and delicious food, your evening is sure to be perfect.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Nash 4049692141
A word from One Midtown Kitchen
Celebrating 10 years as one of Atlanta’s premier dining hotspots, ONE. midtown kitchen led a restaurant resurgence to Midtown as well as helped elevate the Atlanta culinary scene to national recognition. One of Bon Appetit’s “Hot Tables” and a “Neighborhood Gem” according to Gourmet Magazine, ONE is a one-of-a-kind concept located in a renovated urban warehouse offering approachable, high-energy American cuisine. ONE serves dinner seven nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
One Midtown Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
One Midtown Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)special occasion (93)neighborhood gem (88)romantic (85)good for groups (63)hot spot (58)notable wine list (55)scenic view (32)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014I really enjoyed this restaurant. Always fresh ingredients, changing menu to match, and very personable server. And the valet was very fast, polite, and I felt bad for him because it was so cold! Overall, a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014A friend recommended the place to us. We went for our anniversary dinner and it was very impressive. Menu with a lot of items you will not find anywhere else; also a real nice drink menu. Great service, great food, priced fairly; we will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An exceptional experienceLarryVIPDined on 11/14/2014This was by far our best restaurant experience in some time. Wonderfully inventive food (IOW, not TOO inventive, but interesting and creative!). Our server, Ryan, suggested both the flounder and the salmon, and each lived up to expectations. Side of green beans was an excellent buttery side dish. All employees were warm and inviting, and seemed to genuinely enjoy their work. Keep in mind we are not competent to judge the overall noise level as we were seated at the far end of the restaurant with a window view, as requested. Also, we dined early, as is our custom, and therefore it was exceptionally quiet and enjoyable. We left about 8:30, at which time business was starting to build, along with the general noise level. Overall a wonderful experience we plan to repeat soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dinnerBillKellVIPDined on 11/7/2014Haven't dined here in several years and now remember why hadn't been back...service was extremely poor. Waitress was no where to be found upon being seated and throughout the meal. Literally 15 minutes at the table before anyone visited the table, and this was after I went back to the hostess stand to ask if we could order some wine. Food was ok, but service was so poor, we won't be back....too many good restaurants in Atlanta to waste our dining dollars here.
- Great dinnerEMH23Dined on 11/6/2014I had forgotten how great this place is. Get the goat cheese toast, calamari, flounder... All delicious. And the staff is so fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGourmetVIPDined on 11/5/2014Great atmosphere! Fabulous food every time. Good for casual night out or special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed...AnniemaeDined on 11/4/2014I had friends in from out of town and asked a friend who lives in the neighborhood to recommend a restaurant so that's how we chose OMK. The appetizers were FABULOUS, calamari was perfect with a wonderful sauce and the goat cheese app was also great. The entrees were underwhelming, hangar steak was blah, needing seasoning, but the parmesan fries were delicious. The scallops were not seasoned at all and undercooked. Quite frankly, we were disappointed as my friend had raved about the food. The restaurant is beautiful and the staff couldn't have been nicer, on this visit the food was the problem. I'd be hesitant to return.
- MytrDined on 11/3/2014Celebrated my birthday and it was a delightful experience. Definitely will come back again. It was a slow night and was very congenial but don't know what it would be on a fast pace night.Special Features:
- perfect...except for loud patron..Nickw865Dined on 11/1/2014food was perfect... cocktails also perfect... ambiance was perfect until Kanye act-alike was sat at next table which almost ruined the evening... so after another perfect cocktail he was less bothersome...Special Features:
- Lively and funOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014The only reason I didn't provide a 5 star was because our server "talked-up" one of the dishes quite a bit, then found out it wasn't available. Great menu variety and delicious calamari and dessert. And, loved the host and his energy! He really set the tone for a fun evening.Special Features:
- Great time for my birthdayCChrisDined on 10/25/2014This was my first time visiting One Midtown and I enjoyed it a lot! The wait staff was really nice and they had a cool edge. The food was great and the menu had a variety of items to choose from. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couples Retreat3coulpleDined on 10/24/2014I would like to thank everyone at One Midtown Kitchen for a wonderful dining experience. We felt so special from the time the young man park our car to time we walked into the restaurant. Our server was wonderful!!! the food was wonderful. We will be back soon!! Cant wait to tell all my friends about how great this place is!! Thanks again for a wonderful dining experience. Keep up the good work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow....and Wow!!!lovemyfood50VIPDined on 10/18/2014Not even sure where to begin this review, other than to say the food is absolutely FANTASTIC here. We've been here many times, and EVERYTHING has always been very very good, however with recent additions to the menu, our most recent dinner there was mind blowing!! The calamari is outstanding, and the new Lamb Tartar, is not to be missed if you like raw and very mediterranean. It was so fantastic, we ordered a second plate. The brussell sprouts are perfectly done, not greasy, as some can be. The red pepper bruschetta is lovely with wine to start your meal. Wine selection is also top notch, with many Italian and French varietal's to choose from. This is a cool, hip, hot spot with some of the best food in the city.....DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE!Special Features:
- poor servicereviewDined on 10/11/2014Went for our anniversary and waited in bar for 15 minutes and still no service. Seemed like a new bartended because we overheard a request for bellini and the bartended didn't know what it was (unless she didn't hear the request). We have been to this location several times and never had bad service but we were not pleased this time. Our waitress once seated with our party was good and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentjhuntVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have always enjoyed our dinner at One Midtown Kitchen. The drinks were fabulous and our grilled goat cheese toast was simply amazing. We had the pork tenderloin and grouper and both were fantastic. We had the best waiter "Shirley", he's the best!Special Features:
- Great food & service for the moneybilranDined on 10/10/2014In town for training and was looking for a hidden gem. Found it! One Midtown Kitchen was a ver pleasant surprise. Hidden down a dimly lit street in a neighborhood you will find a blue lit front with "ONE" highlighted. You are there. Tried four different main courses and two small plates and split dessert. Each member of our party (all proclaimed foodies), were impressed with the flavors, presentation, oh and the carrot butter for the bread. We left sated and happy. Service was attentive (Allie) and was knowledgable of the menu, specials, and had favorite recommendations with great descriptions. If you are in Atlanta and looking for great food and atmosphere, I say try One Midtown Kitchen. You will be happy you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing ending to a mealburkeDined on 10/10/2014Salmon tartare salad & salmon with black rice was a Very Good combination to start. I was more than extremely disappointed by the tasteless bread pudding topped by a 'gummy bear' textured fruit. I returned it & had it taken from my bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandinglukeVIPDined on 10/2/2014THank you for truly making our celebration a special event .. the service is just outstanding and a benchmark for the industrySpecial Features:
- Great dinner!B2P8Dined on 9/30/2014I have been to One Midtown Kitchen several times over the course of several years and I've never been disappointed. The service is excellent and the food is outstanding. The staff makes sure that you are pleased with your dining experience and goes over and beyond all expectations. For example, I mentioned that I had a food allergy. Without me asking, the waiter contacted the chef, who then advised that a new sauce could me made so that I could enjoy the item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!DlfairmaDined on 9/29/2014Dined here for Easter brunch, a month ago for my birthday and returning for my boyfriends birthday tomorrow. Excellent wine list, consistently great food, superb staff and a fantastic ambiance perfect for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/27/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant, and I am eager to return soon. It is chic, good food, great service, and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- My favorite place in the cityFoodie1010Dined on 9/26/2014Great place to come to. From the service to the food, everything is done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snowboarder57Dined on 9/22/2014Bartender was attentive, but server was extremly lacking. Food was good but no wow factor.
- Always GoodFL21332VIPDined on 9/20/2014One of my favorites but haven't been in a little while. Tired the pizza this time and it was great. Cheese plate and wine is a good place to start. I like the way they do their wine menu. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- AmazingJaxterVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food and the staff are second to none. From the moment you are greeted at the front door, one Midtown is a perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccassionAndreaDined on 9/15/2014Good Food, Drinks, Ambiance! Made a good time for a birthday celebration.Special Features:
- ALWAYS NUMBER ONEFOODFINDERDined on 9/13/2014I've been dining at One Midtown for years and had not been in a year or 2, but as usual it never fails to meet my expectation. The food was delicious and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Thanks for a wonderful evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014From the time we arrived until the valet closed our car doors, our evening was a fantastic one. The service, atmosphere, and food were spectacular. Knowledgeable servers, my date loved the sauvignon blanc which was suggested.Special Features:
- very averagemidtownfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Great location and nice view. Good lighting. Food was very average and not worth the prices. Very small portions especially on the desserts. Service was slow and every request seemed like a major inconvenience. ThIs place is very pretentious. Overall no desire to go back.
- Restaurant has Good Game!darkbeersDined on 9/13/2014Wonder food! The Fried Goat Chees Bread in a Truffle Oil and Mushroom sauce is stellar! Steak Frites rocks! The Endless Wine glass is wonderful if you have a driver in the group :-)Special Features:
- YumBerrygudVIPDined on 9/12/2014One did not disappoint! Great service and atmosphere. The griddled goat cheese is to die for. Good portion sizes. Great wine selection. Delicious dessert- save room! My only complaint is price. There was nothing on my entree plate that made my scallops worth 29$. And they had sand in them. All in all I will return but just pick a different entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall an enjoyable experienceJtownEqsuireDined on 9/12/2014I reLly enjoyed the atmosphere. It was delightful. I would say it was a little loud, and hard to hear conversation at the table. The drinks were great but the service was a bit slow. Admittedly it was a crowded Friday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimesLeretDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful bar area! Went with a group for restaurant week. Food was great, choices were ample. Louder than I remember from the last time I visited. Couldn't really hear the music, just the bass part of the song. We all enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple, but wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/10/2014Couples will enjoy this dark cavernous establishment. The menu is typically light on selection, but you'll still have a hard time deciding without the help of your server. The menu changes frequently, so it's hard to know "what's good" without having to fish for a recommendation. Regardless, the food is quite delicious (based on the two times I've been here) and Bob Bost ("the host with the most") will keep you entertained and provide you with some friendly dialogue if you get a chance to spend time with him. Our food did take a while to come out this time around, but nevertheless, it was well worth the wait.Special Features:
- Every time amazingFinishingWellDined on 9/7/2014We've dined at ONE Midtown Kitchen several times, and have been impressed on every occasion. This time, as part of Midtown Restaurant Week, Chef Chris, waiter Joseph, and the rest of the staff, set the bar even higher. The host greeted us by name, and we felt like they were waiting just for us. Flowers and a card I'd dropped off earlier in the day were thoughtfully presented and waiting at our table. And Chef Chris stopped by our table during dessert to say hello, and chat for a few minutes. This helped to make our evening truly memorable. As always, the drinks, appetizers, entrees and desserts were phenomenal. Lastly, not enough good can be said about the attentive service that Joseph provided. Five stars across the board!Special Features:
- Great Place in MidtownBOOOVIPDined on 9/6/2014Dessert was wonderful! And so was the wine! I recommend going early.Special Features:
- unexpected surprisedineoftenVIPDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful restaurant inside. A surprise given the outside appearance. Excellent service, everyone was very friendly and relaxed. The food was not to my liking. The wood grilled salmon was plain, little taste. The margarita pizza was very salty, not with the fresh mozzarella I would expect. The goat cheese salad was just OK. I was hoping the food would match the beautiful ambience and service, but it did not .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday!Yelm53Dined on 9/6/2014Celebrated a birthday with a party of 6. The service was outstanding. Jeff and Ian went out of their way to make this an excellent dining experience. Kudos to Ian for helping a guest with food allergies navigate the menu. He personally worked with the chef to make the best selections for our friend. The food was wonderful. I especially enjoyed the roast duck breast, and my partner loved the shrimp and grits. The desserts were great. Yes, the Kit Kat Bar was a great suggestion, and the cheesecake was creamy and delicious. Thank you for becoming one of my favorite places to come for dinner! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family ExperienceRESIIIVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had a family dinner of 9 (6 adults, 2 kids, and a baby), and it was outstanding. The service was exceptional, the food was outstanding, and the time spent together... perfect. A place that we have always enjoyed for year seemed to simply get better. While they do not have a "kids menu" the pizzas are perfect for the kids, and they even had a highchair for the baby (a first). Our server, Jozsef, could not have been more helpful or knowledgeable. A great, great end to the week and the start of the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!SimoneDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food and drinks, amazing waitress, nice ambiance... honestly everything was great. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.