One Market Restaurant
1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
One Market Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.onemarket.com/
- Phone: 4157775577
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm. Bar menu Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Dommen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Special Events staff can be reached at 415.777.2233
- Entertainment: FRONT ROW SEATS AVAILABLE! Join us for lunch or dinner at our Chef's Counter, where you can watch a lively cooking "demonstration" by our Michelin Star winning kitchen, led by Chef Mark Dommen.
BE A PART OF THE SHOW: Join us for a special evening at our Chef's Table, located in the heart of our kitchen. You will be served a special 7 course menu by Chef Mark Dommen and staff, tour the wine cellar with our Sommelier and help us prepare a special dish for your table! Reservations are required.
- Special Events: July is 1/2 priced wine month. All wines are 1/2 their listed price! Join us for this unique promotion.
- Cross Street: Steuart
- Public Transit: One block from the BART/Muni Embarcadero Station. One block from the California Street Trolley line. On the historic Market Street Railine (F-Line).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking at corner of Market and Steuart. $12 for lunch and $10 for dinner.
A word from One Market Restaurant
For nearly twenty years the restaurants of the Lark Creek Restaurant Group have featured American wines exclusively to complement our commitment to seasonal farm-fresh American fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One Market Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
267 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (144)special occasion (136)good for groups (90)notable wine list (82)great for lunch (81)scenic view (64)romantic (53)vibrant bar scene (35)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (25)great for brunch (15)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- OutstandingTruckeeloverVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went to One Market after the theater. The wait staff was excellent not in your face but very attentive. The food was very fresh with attention to detail. I have several dietary restrictions gluten, dairy and soy and our waiter was very helpful. I will go back.Special Features:
- goat weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We went for the goat dishes. they were very good and we had enough food to satisfy our hunger. We would return for another speciality weekendSpecial Features:
- Beast of the weekChinahandDined on 8/22/2014Thought this was a great meal, goat was the beast this week. Selection of the dish was first rate, Goat is not a common meat, so the opportunity to try it made this meal memorable.Special Features:
- Great experiencegourmetsDined on 8/22/2014Loved the food. The 3 course dinner was a bargain and every bite was delicious.Special Features:
- Great place for business lunchRobertDined on 8/22/2014There are surprisingly few places where one can enjoy a business lunch at the end of Market Street. One Market fits the bill. Tables are far enough apart for private talk, the noise levels are moderate and the prices and food fare are not so high that they are off-putting. There are always fresh fish specials, and the specially priced 2 course business lunch usually fits my needs. I do find it a bit annoying that the wait staff seems bent on "pushing" lemonades and desserts. Overall, there are very few places in the City which meet my business lunch needs as well as One Market.Special Features:
- Delicious!LetsEatDined on 8/18/2014My husband and I ate here for my birthday and had the Chef's Tasting Menu. It was so wonderful and unique. Loved it!! The staff was so attentive. Nice treat for our first time in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beDownhillDined on 8/16/2014It has been about 7 years but I recall the food and service being much better than it was on this go around. The only impressive course was just one of the appetizers which consisted of a salmon salad that was crazy good. Everything else was good but did not meet expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fredDined on 8/16/2014I was disapointed because they did not have the "Beast Meal". Our waiter informed us that they had sold out. Since we were eating early Saturday evening I would not have expected the meal to be sold out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish a gemavidtasterDined on 8/15/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Each dish had a lovely, delicate melange of flavors. Avocado gazpacho was our favorite first course. Octopus was very good as well. Sea scallops were tender, juicy and was the duck. Our waiter was wonderful -- helpful, very attentive but not obtrusive; there when we needed him. Great desserts too: fig cake, and butterscotch/hot fudge sundae!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for a business lunchdisappointedDined on 8/15/2014Convenient location for a business meeting. Each time I visit I notice that once the order has been taken the waiter says: would you like a side-salad. Invariably what comes is a huge-full menu size salad! Ok, I understand the restaurant want to make a few extra bucks, but is it necessary to mislead the customers? I had a burger that was nice and tasty but it came covered with a mountain of somewhat repellent blue cheese that did not help. Nice wine list!
- A fantastic evening outdinnerKatDined on 8/14/2014One Market was the perfect place for a special romantic evening. We had the seven course set menu with the wine flight and it was fantastic. My only slight problem was that one of the courses was octopus, which I don't eat on ethical grounds (having worked with sea creatures in the past), but I don't criticise the restaurant for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cherrilanDined on 8/14/2014I enjoyed the food so much! I had the scallops and they were cooked to perfection. The spinach was delightful and the totes were magically delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceeastbayfoodieDined on 8/14/2014Had lunch for the first time and was blown away. The food: superb. Every bite, from the Avocado Gazpacho to the trout to desserts, was simply exquisite. The service, however, was what made it a very enjoyable experience. Our server, Steven/DLP, was one of the best I've had. He was very knowledgable and had the best recommendations. He was such a pleasure to talk to. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avocado Gazpacho & ServiceJaLaDined on 8/14/2014Loved the Avocado Gazpacho. The restaurant was not busy, but the service was kind of slow. I got the impression the kitchen wasn't keeping up rather than the server being slow, which was odd. Never had slow service before. Excellent understanding of gluten free issues.Special Features:
- Overlooked Gem in heart of the CityRockandrollgirlDined on 8/7/2014This place is beautiful, has a nice view of area, has really good food prepared by imaginative chefs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just what the Doctor orderedbigkev58Dined on 8/7/2014If you're in to experience excellent food with matching service and an outstanding wine list, you found the right place....Special Features:
- Great Business DinnerLuvgoodfoodDined on 8/7/2014If you want to impress, this is the place.. The service was good and the wine and food was great.Special Features:
- great lunch spotrubyscoobyDined on 8/6/2014We had the business lunch and it was wonderful. Valet is a bit slow thougSpecial Features:
- A pleasant dinner.NottoofussyDined on 8/5/2014. he service was competent but a bit chilly. The wine list was only American wines, and included a very wide range. Overall, a good experience. We got what we were looking for; but it wasn't the kind of completely special dinner that would make us go out of our way to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine SF dinningbonappetitVIPDined on 8/4/2014One Market is part of the Bradley Ogden legacy, like LarkCreek Inn, and other good restauarnts in the group. The food is creative, beautifully presented, and an excellent wine list. Black Coyote has a limited production and outstanding cabernet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still waiting for our foodTrappistLoverVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is a very pleasant restaurant in an old-fashioned and non-trendy sort of way. However it took us 2 hours after sitting down to be served our main course. I'm not sure what was happening in the kitchen. At one point my wife and I, after wondering why we had not been served our main course for the last hour and a half, noticed that nobody else was getting served either. We timed 15 minutes in which literally nobody in the large dining room (out of maybe 100 people) was brought any food. We watched all the traffic out of the kitchen, and no food appeared for anyone. They did give us an unsolicited discount on our bill. Maybe everybody else in the dining room got a discount, too.
- impressive food, beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I try to eat here every time I am in town. The menu is very seasonal and the dishes are well thought out and expertly executed. Our server was personable and made an impression without hanging out at our table too much.Special Features:
- valet parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Not enough waiting space for valet parking. Very danger on a busy street specially with muni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dinnDined on 7/30/2014Location is great and beautiful place. Food is delicious, service is professional. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/30/2014Took a client here for lunch and as usual had a wonderful experience. The menu is always interesting and impressive without being over-the-top, the wine list offers something for everyone, and the service is perfect. Meals are arranged beautifully. I enjoyed the octopus with white beans and it was great but I could do without the foam, especially on a seafood dish. But even with foam, it was delicious. The view of the bustling Ferry Building is lovely. The noise level is a bit high for my taste but I guess that's just a good sign that the restaurant is doing a brisk business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DelicieuxDined on 7/24/2014Great dining experience! Food, ambience, and service all top-notch. Liked the Market Menu selections. Our server was outstanding for our group of seven people (from 11 years old to 87). Half-price wine special was nice (had two bottles) since the regular wine prices are expensive. I'd be happy to visit One Market again.Special Features:
- Great place for a business lunchArianneDined on 7/23/2014We took our clients here and they absolutely loved it! It was personally my first time there- I ordered the flounder with a side of sautéed spinach. I totally recommend this dish- the sauce that's on the side is so tasty! 2 other girls in our party ordered the same dish and enjoyed it as well. Next time I plan on trying the trout! I also want to check this place out for happy hour. PS- for you bacon lovers.. Apparently they serve this donut wrapped in bacon. I was too full to check out the dessert menu this time- but hopefully next time I'll save some room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable evening!STL1135foodieDined on 7/22/2014It was our first time in San Francisco and the concierge at the Palace Hotel recommended One Market. We are foodies and have high standards. One Market did not disappoint. Our waiter was great, the sommelier picked a beautiful bottle of wine, and the food was innovative and delicious. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful experiencestar2eDined on 7/22/2014Our whole experience at One Market was top notch. I had requested a quiet table, the friendly hostess did the best she could in a busy restaurant and it worked fine. The food was great. We shared an appetizer of crispy pigs ear with roasted peaches (I know, pigs ear? but it was yummy). My companion had the duck two ways and I had the scallops and both were wonderful. We happened to be there during half price wine week...every bottle on the menu was half price, a very pleasant surprise. We had two mini desserts, the duo of creme brullee and the chocolate almond toffee crunch cake, both delicious. Our waiter was knowledgeable, helpful and efficient. All in all, as my title says, a delightful experience.Special Features:
- Great Food-Great PricePapaVIPDined on 7/22/2014The business lunch only $24.50 was exceptional. Among the choices offered, I had the heirloom tomato salad of a half dozen different tomatoes--all peeled (who does that these days?), then tender sautéed calamari in a light stew of garbanzo beans. Totally delicious. Wild berry cheesecake to follow. I have enjoyed many lunches and dinners at One Market and I am always pleased in every respect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryBillPDined on 7/19/2014We were in SF celebrating our anniversary and because we have enjoyed it in the past, we went to 1 Market. We were not disappointed with the decision. The service, food and ambiance could not have been better. We look forward to going back in the future.Special Features:
- ONE MARKET needs ONE moreMYEATSOUTVIPDined on 7/18/2014or two wait staff, the food was excellent, but the attentiveness of our waiter was a bit lacking, hopefully he was just having a bad nightSpecial Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014I have been lunching at One Market for over 15 years and have found both the food and service to to be always good. This time our server spoke with a pronounced accent that sometimes made it difficult to understand what she was saying. She was very efficient and attentive at the same time though. The flounder was outstanding. Although July is advertised as half priced for a bottle of wine, we had to go with our 3rd choice before we found a bottle that wasn't sold out.Special Features:
- fredDined on 7/12/2014The Beast menu was goat. All preparations were creative and well presented. The Tartare was especially delightful. The Beast menu is always great value and last week was no exception. A thoroughly delightful experience.Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/11/2014I am always impressed at how good this restaurant continues to be. I go may be a couple of time a year and think why am I not here more ofte. The cooking is innovative and I am a fan of the Weekly beast menus which are a great bargain.Special Features:
- Always ImpeccableMoyaDined on 7/11/2014I've been to One Market I think 3 times now and every time it's been amazing. The dishes are creative without being silly about it, impeccably prepared and presented, and served with friendly efficiency. In my opinion it's every bit as good, maybe better, than Boulevard but minus the snooty attitude. One piece of advice. Order the mini dessert trio and save the creme brûlée for last!Special Features:
- Outstanding!SamanthaFVIPDined on 7/10/2014This is one of a handful of go-to places for me when I travel to San Francisco. With all the new fancy restaurants opening every week in SF, I can't keep up, so when I make the trek from Sonoma, I like to host my business lunches here. The food is always seasonal and delicious. The service is consistent, professional and friendly. I like to come here at least twice a year, July which is 1/2 off on all wine by the bottle in September for their heirloom tomato menu. This restaurant should have 2 Michelin stars, not just one. I can't recommend One Market enough.Special Features:
- stop with the sodiumdanboyVIPDined on 7/8/2014all the main courses had way too much salt in them. the dinner was ruined by this odd decision by the kitchen. several of the sea food dishes were uneatable.
- great experience8wellDined on 7/3/2014fantastic flavors and a surprising blend of textures that added to the savory experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary dinnerplace7Dined on 6/30/2014The service was truly outstanding. We were using a gift certificate and the waiter was concerned that our choices might exceed the amount. We weren't concerned about that but we greatly appreciated their concern and graciousness. The food was excellent and we liked the ability to have another half glass of wine.Special Features: