One Market Restaurant
1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
One Market Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.onemarket.com/
- Phone: 4157775577x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm. Bar menu Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Dommen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Special Events staff can be reached at 415.777.2233
- Entertainment: FRONT ROW SEATS AVAILABLE! Join us for lunch or dinner at our Chef's Counter, where you can watch a lively cooking "demonstration" by our Michelin Star winning kitchen, led by Chef Mark Dommen.
BE A PART OF THE SHOW: Join us for a special evening at our Chef's Table, located in the heart of our kitchen. You will be served a special 7 course menu by Chef Mark Dommen and staff, tour the wine cellar with our Sommelier and help us prepare a special dish for your table! Reservations are required.
- Special Events: July is 1/2 priced wine month. All wines are 1/2 their listed price! Join us for this unique promotion.
- Cross Street: Steuart
- Public Transit: One block from the BART/Muni Embarcadero Station. One block from the California Street Trolley line. On the historic Market Street Railine (F-Line).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking at corner of Market and Steuart. $12 for lunch and $10 for dinner.
A word from One Market Restaurant
For nearly twenty years the restaurants of the Lark Creek Restaurant Group have featured American wines exclusively to complement our commitment to seasonal farm-fresh American fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One Market Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (153)special occasion (125)good for groups (95)notable wine list (83)great for lunch (64)scenic view (50)romantic (49)vibrant bar scene (43)neighborhood gem (34)hot spot (32)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Happy to spend my money thereHamer4markDined on 10/17/2014Really enjoyed our dining experience. Wine list is clumsy and unless you want to spend big bucks on wine, there are not a lot of choices. Sometimes restaurants forget the middle class likes to spend money, too. I am a vegatarian and the menu was fine for me. It was very dark - hard to read my menu or see my food. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014great place to bring clients - we were seated at a great table with relatively short noticeSpecial Features:
- Too loud for business meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014The ambiance and food are very good and the location is great. Unfortunately, the noise level was so loud we couldn't have a very good lunch conversation with 7 people. I should have tried to reserve a private room.
- better two years agoOldad41Dined on 10/15/2014Menu not as broad or exciting as two years ago. Food was not bad but not memorable. Long wait between courses, server not knowledgeable. Will try another restaurant rather than return. Seems like a place for businessmen on expense accounts.Special Features:
- Skip this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/15/2014If you're in the financial district, the best thing going for this place is the location. The meal is average (actually, terrible for the price), the dining room is LOUD, filled mainly with tourists, service was fine until the end of the meal when we were approached and asked to vacate our table a few minutes prior to being ready by a very ignorant, class-less maitre-d with an orange tie on the evening of Oct. 15. I will never recommend this restaurant to anyone or dine here. Unbelievably rude. With so many great options in this city, I say skip this place.
- Good time Sat nightcytoguyDined on 10/11/2014Second date meal, so trying to impress. Scored a window table to watch the world go by during Fleet Week. Inside you can watch the line cooks working...good show for foodies. Sommelier Tanya (sp?) was excellent describing the wine list and helping with pairings. She was delightful in describing the world of grenache wines with recommendations for several local wineries worth visiting to learn more. Food was creative. Smoked belly could have been crispier or with a bit more char but still very tasty. Halibut was cooked perfectly. Overall good job.Special Features:
- Popular Spot Next to the PiersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Our party of five including a child enjoyed the dinner. The scollop was one of the best, not in huge size but taste great. Ahi tuna has great sauce and the mushrooms are tender, perhaps a bit too much peppercorn on the rim. The jazz music was lovely in the background. A packed house on a Saturday night.
- One Market - disappointingChristineDined on 10/10/2014We went for dinner in September 2014 and felt quite let down. Two people order steaks, and both agreed that they were stringy and tough. The mashed potatoes that went with the steaks were, quite honestly, no better than an instant package of mash potatoes from Safeway. The scallops were drowned in a liquid causing them to taste soggy. So we all left the restaurant feeling disappointed. For four people, the tab came to over $300 and was not money well spent. We will not return.
- Very good choiceMarylandGuyVIPDined on 10/8/2014Food was very good, server was knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2014Everything was good but I believe there was way too much salt in the food. The subtle tastes were not there and the burning sensation of too much salt were there. Real flavor does not need salt enhancement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well established and well deservedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014great location with large windows looking towards pier 1 and excellent food with amazing regionally focused wine list. Have to try the deserts and in particular the butterscotch pudding.Special Features:
- OpenWorld Lunch Oct 2 a hot day....jackDined on 10/2/2014I found the tables too deep (wide) between the bench and the chair for comfortable conversation; I found the waitresses too solicitous (but then I'm English and not used to that); plus it was too cold (the dining room). Plus a grilled trout with only spinach was not that filling,. for the price. Ok, those negatives can be balanced by an overall enjoyable experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent, high value experience.charlie8111VIPDined on 9/25/2014We took advantage of this restaurant's 1000 point reservation offer. Great food and service in a convenient location on Market across from the Ferry Building. We all got the Market Special dinners, with the wine pairing. Really a great deal for a choice of appetizer, entrée, and dessert, with 2 glasses of wine paired with the appetizer and entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best LunchPapaVIPDined on 9/25/2014Bustling downtown meeting spot for a great meal and exceptional service. Guests always appreciate this location for our business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bonappetitVIPDined on 9/24/2014The food is always good. However the tongue salad was served on one side of a large 9 inch dinner plate and the portion was very small compared to past experience. The ahi tuna salad was excellent.
- Chickpea FriesFSThreeDined on 9/24/2014The chickpea fries, and how they make it, may give you a sense of how they treat their service as well as the quality of the rest of their menu. The chickpeas are mashed together with various other spices and herbs, then twice baked go give them the crispiness -- no oil. They are served with a spicy aole'. When you bite into one, the texture is fries, and you definitely taste the chickpeas, and the whole experience is amazing. Apply this kind of creativity and depth to the rest of their menu. That's what you get when you go here.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceseattliteDined on 9/23/2014Came here with a group of 6 and had a wonderful night, the food was amazing and will likely come again when visiting San Fran! One member got the heirloom tomato risotto which was so unique and delicious and stood out as a unique dish, I personally had a scallops dish, and if you like scallops you will be pleased :) If you are looking to not spend as much and have a good dessert -- come here and get a dessert sampler that comes with three desserts of your choice, it was really tasty and very reasonably priced!Special Features:
- Great foodJessicaVIPDined on 9/22/2014Had a work dinner and everyone enjoyed their meal. I had the risotto which was perfect with amazing flavors. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Inventive, Hospitable, ComfortablePapaVIPDined on 9/17/2014One Market is inventive, hospitable and inviting. Great American wine program. Super friendly and knowledgeable sommelier.Special Features:
- business lunchCW2013Dined on 9/17/2014Great food and service, not rushed. A favorite spot for a memorable business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One MarketPhillyEdDined on 9/15/2014Was in SF for a conference, had a party if 8 with me. Great wine list, knowledgeable staff and outstanding service. Would definitely go back and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014We went on a monday evening and surprisingly this place was packed. We did notice that they were mostly seemingly men in business meetings. We chose the tasting menu and it was excellent. Price was definitely on the high side so I would say that this is a special occasion restaurant unless you are there for a "business meeting." Service was awesome and the wine selection was good albeit again priced on the high side.Special Features:
- A Fine SF RestaurantDocBrockVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have eaten here a number of times over the years. The food is delicious, the service professional and warm, and the enviroment is fine. We will continue to eat here as often as we can. Note- prices are quite expensive.Special Features:
- Chef's table experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We had a lovely evening at the chef's table in the kitchen with a 7-course tasting menu. Chef Travis explained each dish and sommelier, Tonya, paired wines for us. It was a great experience for a special occasion, nyndather's 75th birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Unique, tasty food and very good service. Great bread, too!
- Very good food.JerieDined on 9/12/2014Service was a bit strange. Server seemed nervous and not always available when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tomato Fest - how I love you!GrenouilletteDined on 9/12/2014Great waiter, great food, beautiful room -- and oh, those tomatoes on the business lunch! A wonderful dining experience -- strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchScarby515Dined on 9/11/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and the food is always good--fresh and inventive-- and they will alter dishes if there is an ingredient you do not care for. Service is prompt and we were taken at our reservation time with no waiting time. Excellent wine list as well as wine specials.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Try the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit from UK for 40th birthdayLoulouDined on 9/8/2014We trawled loads of websites for a restaurant for a 40th birthday visit to SF from the the UK - One Market's menu hit the spot & didn't disappoint on the night. Great cocktails, extensive (if expensive) wine list, great food, beautifully presented. The duck breast was fantastic, as was the lamb. As for dessert, I didn't think creme brûlée could be improved on, but the duo of vanilla & espresso brulees was amazing. Our booth had a view of the Bay Bridge, so a great view too. Only criticisms were the fact the lighting as quite low & the restaurant was quite noisy. Great staff & service.Special Features:
- So-so foodKarenDined on 9/6/2014the food was good, not great. Wine list was pretty good and the service was good. Overall, it was good but certainly not a place we will return to since there are other spots with much better food in the area. For a restaurant in an ideal location, it must compete with some GREAT food options.
- I'd go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I love the changing menu and the "beast of the week" pre fixe. My food was well cooked and the presentation was lovely. The staff was very accommodating and I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others!Special Features:
- Excellent as always!BumbleDined on 9/5/2014After returning from the Midwest and some less-than-stellar meals I again choose One Market for a SF dinner fix. It was a good choice! Weekly Beast was pork and the dessert ice cream sandwich with bacon flavored cookie was delicious. The olive oil poached halibut was so soft and creamy it was hard to believe it was even fish....food from heaven! Tomatoes appeared in several dishes and were fresh and flavorful. Wine pairings worked well and service, as always, was "top shelf".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, disappointing foodLolaDined on 9/3/2014I love One Market for its location and ambience. But the food on my last visit was a grave disappointment. My Caesar salad was fine (only just fine), but the squash blossoms were overwhelmed by the anchovies to the point of making them inedible (even my anchovy-loving husband agreed), the risotto was overly gooey, and our friend's tiny portion of salmon was grossly overcooked. We were focused on enjoying an evening with a dear friend we hadn't seen in years, so we were not in the mood to send anything back or make an issue of the food, since it was a secondary part of our evening. But it really was a poor quality culinary experience, especially considering the price. On a positive note, the cocktails were excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic, came highly recommendedOvernumerousnessDined on 9/2/2014I ate here while attending a conference in town and absolutely loved it. The service was top notch, as was the food. I would recommend it to anyone coming to San FranciscoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downgraded business lunchAndrewDined on 9/2/2014Their business lunch became stingy more and more inspite of the price is raised. Each portion seemed not change but the ingredients became too poor. Their main courses were actually like a starter. They have amazing scenery and gorgeous atmosphere so I have expected they grab back Michelin One star but seemed hard. That's a bummer.Special Features:
- First DatemangiarebeneDined on 8/30/2014Market One is a great place to take your special someone on the first date. Everything was great: service, food, and environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- keg51Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoy spending the night up in SF periodically and stay at the Hyatt Embarcadero. We like to walk everywhere and Market One Restaurant is right across the street so it is very convenient. Food is very good and we are never pestered or made to feel that we must hurry our dining experience. We have had very attentive wait staff and always walk away feeling very satisfied. I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- One MarketMargotDined on 8/30/2014Whilst the service and ambience are outstanding, the food is good quality but not imaginative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertVIPDined on 8/29/2014Expensive but dependable. Top quality ingredients, presented with imagination. Wines are top shelf with prices to match.Special Features: