One Market Restaurant
1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
One Market Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.onemarket.com/
- Phone: 4157775577
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm. Bar menu Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Dommen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Special Events staff can be reached at 415.777.2233
- Entertainment: FRONT ROW SEATS AVAILABLE! Join us for lunch or dinner at our Chef's Counter, where you can watch a lively cooking "demonstration" by our Michelin Star winning kitchen, led by Chef Mark Dommen.
BE A PART OF THE SHOW: Join us for a special evening at our Chef's Table, located in the heart of our kitchen. You will be served a special 7 course menu by Chef Mark Dommen and staff, tour the wine cellar with our Sommelier and help us prepare a special dish for your table! Reservations are required.
- Special Events: July is 1/2 priced wine month. All wines are 1/2 their listed price! Join us for this unique promotion.
- Cross Street: Steuart
- Public Transit: One block from the BART/Muni Embarcadero Station. One block from the California Street Trolley line. On the historic Market Street Railine (F-Line).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking at corner of Market and Steuart. $12 for lunch and $10 for dinner.
A word from One Market Restaurant
For nearly twenty years the restaurants of the Lark Creek Restaurant Group have featured American wines exclusively to complement our commitment to seasonal farm-fresh American fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One Market Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (165)special occasion (149)good for groups (98)notable wine list (85)great for lunch (81)scenic view (64)romantic (53)vibrant bar scene (42)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (32)great for brunch (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Consistent, high value experience.charlie8111VIPDined on 9/25/2014We took advantage of this restaurant's 1000 point reservation offer. Great food and service in a convenient location on Market across from the Ferry Building. We all got the Market Special dinners, with the wine pairing. Really a great deal for a choice of appetizer, entrée, and dessert, with 2 glasses of wine paired with the appetizer and entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best LunchPapaVIPDined on 9/25/2014Bustling downtown meeting spot for a great meal and exceptional service. Guests always appreciate this location for our business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bonappetitVIPDined on 9/24/2014The food is always good. However the tongue salad was served on one side of a large 9 inch dinner plate and the portion was very small compared to past experience. The ahi tuna salad was excellent.
- Great foodJessicaVIPDined on 9/22/2014Had a work dinner and everyone enjoyed their meal. I had the risotto which was perfect with amazing flavors. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Inventive, Hospitable, ComfortablePapaVIPDined on 9/17/2014One Market is inventive, hospitable and inviting. Great American wine program. Super friendly and knowledgeable sommelier.Special Features:
- business lunchCW2013Dined on 9/17/2014Great food and service, not rushed. A favorite spot for a memorable business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One MarketPhillyEdDined on 9/15/2014Was in SF for a conference, had a party if 8 with me. Great wine list, knowledgeable staff and outstanding service. Would definitely go back and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014We went on a monday evening and surprisingly this place was packed. We did notice that they were mostly seemingly men in business meetings. We chose the tasting menu and it was excellent. Price was definitely on the high side so I would say that this is a special occasion restaurant unless you are there for a "business meeting." Service was awesome and the wine selection was good albeit again priced on the high side.Special Features:
- A Fine SF RestaurantDocBrockVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have eaten here a number of times over the years. The food is delicious, the service professional and warm, and the enviroment is fine. We will continue to eat here as often as we can. Note- prices are quite expensive.Special Features:
- Chef's table experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We had a lovely evening at the chef's table in the kitchen with a 7-course tasting menu. Chef Travis explained each dish and sommelier, Tonya, paired wines for us. It was a great experience for a special occasion, nyndather's 75th birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Unique, tasty food and very good service. Great bread, too!
- Very good food.JerieDined on 9/12/2014Service was a bit strange. Server seemed nervous and not always available when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tomato Fest - how I love you!GrenouilletteDined on 9/12/2014Great waiter, great food, beautiful room -- and oh, those tomatoes on the business lunch! A wonderful dining experience -- strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchScarby515Dined on 9/11/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and the food is always good--fresh and inventive-- and they will alter dishes if there is an ingredient you do not care for. Service is prompt and we were taken at our reservation time with no waiting time. Excellent wine list as well as wine specials.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Try the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit from UK for 40th birthdayLoulouDined on 9/8/2014We trawled loads of websites for a restaurant for a 40th birthday visit to SF from the the UK - One Market's menu hit the spot & didn't disappoint on the night. Great cocktails, extensive (if expensive) wine list, great food, beautifully presented. The duck breast was fantastic, as was the lamb. As for dessert, I didn't think creme brûlée could be improved on, but the duo of vanilla & espresso brulees was amazing. Our booth had a view of the Bay Bridge, so a great view too. Only criticisms were the fact the lighting as quite low & the restaurant was quite noisy. Great staff & service.Special Features:
- So-so foodKarenDined on 9/6/2014the food was good, not great. Wine list was pretty good and the service was good. Overall, it was good but certainly not a place we will return to since there are other spots with much better food in the area. For a restaurant in an ideal location, it must compete with some GREAT food options.
- I'd go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I love the changing menu and the "beast of the week" pre fixe. My food was well cooked and the presentation was lovely. The staff was very accommodating and I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others!Special Features:
- Excellent as always!BumbleDined on 9/5/2014After returning from the Midwest and some less-than-stellar meals I again choose One Market for a SF dinner fix. It was a good choice! Weekly Beast was pork and the dessert ice cream sandwich with bacon flavored cookie was delicious. The olive oil poached halibut was so soft and creamy it was hard to believe it was even fish....food from heaven! Tomatoes appeared in several dishes and were fresh and flavorful. Wine pairings worked well and service, as always, was "top shelf".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, disappointing foodLolaDined on 9/3/2014I love One Market for its location and ambience. But the food on my last visit was a grave disappointment. My Caesar salad was fine (only just fine), but the squash blossoms were overwhelmed by the anchovies to the point of making them inedible (even my anchovy-loving husband agreed), the risotto was overly gooey, and our friend's tiny portion of salmon was grossly overcooked. We were focused on enjoying an evening with a dear friend we hadn't seen in years, so we were not in the mood to send anything back or make an issue of the food, since it was a secondary part of our evening. But it really was a poor quality culinary experience, especially considering the price. On a positive note, the cocktails were excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic, came highly recommendedOvernumerousnessDined on 9/2/2014I ate here while attending a conference in town and absolutely loved it. The service was top notch, as was the food. I would recommend it to anyone coming to San FranciscoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downgraded business lunchAndrewDined on 9/2/2014Their business lunch became stingy more and more inspite of the price is raised. Each portion seemed not change but the ingredients became too poor. Their main courses were actually like a starter. They have amazing scenery and gorgeous atmosphere so I have expected they grab back Michelin One star but seemed hard. That's a bummer.Special Features:
- First DatemangiarebeneDined on 8/30/2014Market One is a great place to take your special someone on the first date. Everything was great: service, food, and environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- keg51Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoy spending the night up in SF periodically and stay at the Hyatt Embarcadero. We like to walk everywhere and Market One Restaurant is right across the street so it is very convenient. Food is very good and we are never pestered or made to feel that we must hurry our dining experience. We have had very attentive wait staff and always walk away feeling very satisfied. I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- One MarketMargotDined on 8/30/2014Whilst the service and ambience are outstanding, the food is good quality but not imaginative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertVIPDined on 8/29/2014Expensive but dependable. Top quality ingredients, presented with imagination. Wines are top shelf with prices to match.Special Features:
- Go hungry!JimFVIPDined on 8/29/2014The six course tasting menu included too much food to possibly eat at one sitting but the portions weren't big enough to make taking some home practical. Go for the experience of a high end restaurant and professional service. I have a pepper sensitivity and they were surprisingly unaccommodating about it. Three of the six courses plus the amuse-bouche contained items too hot (spicy) for me to eat. Only one of them was exchanged for something more acceptable. The server didn't even check back to see how the others were.Special Features:
- Great for business lunchesAncientGreekDined on 8/28/2014One Market seems to have been there forever and it continues to deliver: interesting menu items, always some good standby dishes on the menu, good service and just enough space between tables to feel comfortable discussing private matters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Meeting ResturantbigboyDined on 8/27/2014THis is a great business meeting restaurant. The noise is moderate. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable.T8SDADDined on 8/27/2014Aside from the too serious manager/host, the food, service, and atmosphere are always notably terrific. Although he's not an issue, his smugness makes we wanna pull a Patsy and Eddie and remind him that he's a "shop girl." Always a favorite place for business lunches and great dinners with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and serviceCa1iforniaDined on 8/26/2014Go-to place for a business or leisurely luncheon with wonderful foodSpecial Features:
- OutstandingTruckeeloverVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went to One Market after the theater. The wait staff was excellent not in your face but very attentive. The food was very fresh with attention to detail. I have several dietary restrictions gluten, dairy and soy and our waiter was very helpful. I will go back.Special Features:
- goat weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We went for the goat dishes. they were very good and we had enough food to satisfy our hunger. We would return for another speciality weekendSpecial Features:
- Beast of the weekChinahandDined on 8/22/2014Thought this was a great meal, goat was the beast this week. Selection of the dish was first rate, Goat is not a common meat, so the opportunity to try it made this meal memorable.Special Features:
- Great experiencegourmetsDined on 8/22/2014Loved the food. The 3 course dinner was a bargain and every bite was delicious.Special Features:
- Great place for business lunchRobertDined on 8/22/2014There are surprisingly few places where one can enjoy a business lunch at the end of Market Street. One Market fits the bill. Tables are far enough apart for private talk, the noise levels are moderate and the prices and food fare are not so high that they are off-putting. There are always fresh fish specials, and the specially priced 2 course business lunch usually fits my needs. I do find it a bit annoying that the wait staff seems bent on "pushing" lemonades and desserts. Overall, there are very few places in the City which meet my business lunch needs as well as One Market.Special Features:
- Delicious!LetsEatDined on 8/18/2014My husband and I ate here for my birthday and had the Chef's Tasting Menu. It was so wonderful and unique. Loved it!! The staff was so attentive. Nice treat for our first time in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beDownhillDined on 8/16/2014It has been about 7 years but I recall the food and service being much better than it was on this go around. The only impressive course was just one of the appetizers which consisted of a salmon salad that was crazy good. Everything else was good but did not meet expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fredDined on 8/16/2014I was disapointed because they did not have the "Beast Meal". Our waiter informed us that they had sold out. Since we were eating early Saturday evening I would not have expected the meal to be sold out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish a gemavidtasterDined on 8/15/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Each dish had a lovely, delicate melange of flavors. Avocado gazpacho was our favorite first course. Octopus was very good as well. Sea scallops were tender, juicy and was the duck. Our waiter was wonderful -- helpful, very attentive but not obtrusive; there when we needed him. Great desserts too: fig cake, and butterscotch/hot fudge sundae!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.