One Market Restaurant
1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
One Market Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.onemarket.com/
- Phone: (415) 777-5577
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm. Bar menu Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Dommen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Special Events staff can be reached at 415.777.2233
- Entertainment: FRONT ROW SEATS AVAILABLE! Join us for lunch or dinner at our Chef's Counter, where you can watch a lively cooking "demonstration" by our Michelin Star winning kitchen, led by Chef Mark Dommen.
BE A PART OF THE SHOW: Join us for a special evening at our Chef's Table, located in the heart of our kitchen. You will be served a special 7 course menu by Chef Mark Dommen and staff, tour the wine cellar with our Sommelier and help us prepare a special dish for your table! Reservations are required.
- Special Events: July is 1/2 priced wine month. All wines are 1/2 their listed price! Join us for this unique promotion.
- Cross Street: Steuart
- Public Transit: One block from the BART/Muni Embarcadero Station. One block from the California Street Trolley line. On the historic Market Street Railine (F-Line).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking at corner of Market and Steuart. $12 for lunch and $10 for dinner.
A word from One Market Restaurant
For nearly twenty years the restaurants of the Lark Creek Restaurant Group have featured American wines exclusively to complement our commitment to seasonal farm-fresh American fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One Market Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (153)special occasion (130)good for groups (101)notable wine list (77)great for lunch (66)romantic (51)vibrant bar scene (48)scenic view (44)hot spot (39)neighborhood gem (33)great for brunch (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Just as expectedNiki53Dined on 11/15/2014The waiter rushed us a bit, food is not bad, just ordinary as expected. Tables are too close together, I have no interest in listening to the conversation from next table. Hubby had lamb loin and frog legs, he had GI problem after. I had monk fish and beet salad, I was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice food, but too slow for a business lunchLoganHDined on 11/14/2014Four of us got there with about 50 minutes to spare for a business lunch. We let the waiter know and he indicated a few dishes to stay away from because they would take longer. So far so good. The problem was later. One in our party had to leave after the main course and we ordered three desserts, with the understanding that we could get out in under an hour total. We had to cancel one of three desserts and another in our party left. When we informed one of the assistants that we were cancelling a dessert because one of us had to leave, he informed the waiter and we could see a couple of them acting very confused and checking their screen. It looked to us that there was a kitchen snafu. When the two other desserts came he did not apologize that this part of the meal took that long. The two of us that had a main course and a dessert were there for about 75 minutes. I believe that this does not happen to them often, so I will give this place another try next time I'm in town, and even more so if we don't have to be back for early afternoon meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was very disappointing indeedgaijinDined on 11/13/2014A lot of San Francisco restaurants appear to be a casualty of the vibrant SF conference scene. But no all diners are visitors just passing through (and many would do well to remember that). Our waiter could hardly be bothered with us, disappearing for long periods and we were saved only by a delightful and somewhat embarrassed (by his colleague) bus boy. Truly, the two should have swapped roles. Could not recommend this restaurant sadly, then, because it is no fun to be in a high end restaurant where the waiter honestly cannot be bothered. Ruined our evening.Special Features:
- Amazed me--I thought I was a jaded foodiedrpainstopperVIPDined on 11/13/2014Amazing diverse and unique menu, with everything made excellently. Great for the adventurous who want to try something new (like lamb tongue or puffed quinoa), but with superb traditional dishes (bacon wrapped pork loin or lamb medallions). One of the best meals of my life. Also an amazing bar for wine, beer and whiskey aficionados. (The bar manager, Jeff knows his stuff, and would love to take time to talk to you about spirits). 1 unique feature: sit at the kitchen side bar and watch the magic happen. (warning, you will want to order everything you see them make).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chuckDined on 11/12/2014the waiter seemed to have just gotten to work (6:30) and was unsure about items on the menu. it also took a long time to get a drink order, then a beverage on the table. the food was much slower than on previous visits in spite of a smaller than normal crowd. it is still our #1 special occasion dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One MarkettrufleVIPDined on 11/12/2014As always the food and atmosphere at One Market was terrific. All five of us loved our menu choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, not excellent food, but too expensiveHappyVIPDined on 11/12/2014Good Food, not excellent food, and nicely prepared but too expensive for the portions one receives. There are plenty of other restaurants to go to in San Francisco with excellent food and not as pricey as this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hashomayrDined on 11/11/2014Everything was great, the waiter we had was disappointing, something they will need to work on. The vegetarian dishes were great, so was the flounder. The Fish Cakes did not come out lite and fluffy as expected and was mostly inedible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duck menu was fantastic!ErikaSFVIPDined on 11/8/2014We came in for the "Weekly Beast" prix fixe menu, which was excellent. Duck was the main ingredient. We had a duck sausage bratwurst for our mid-course which was better than any we have had in California. The duck breast entree was superb. The domestic wine list was wonderful, with many labels we recognized from our trips to wine country. The dining room is beautiful and lively, and the service welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th birthday celebrationLynnVIPDined on 11/8/2014We went to 1 Market to celebrate a mile stone birthday with a group of 8. We had a fantastic meal with lots of different choices. We were allowed to take our time at our wonderful round table for 8. The restaurant is beautiful and everyone raved about their food. The waiter was very kind and helpful. A bit on the busy side. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- RE: First TimerockytonyVIPDined on 11/8/2014Made reservation and arrived on time. Was initially seated near silverware bussing station and requested mvd. Seated to spread service, wrong answer. Room was large and lacked any warmth, lit brightly. Little atmosphere. Service was excellent and waiter talked little. Food was good, nicely presented and ample. Complimentary dessert was appreciated but refused. Meal and service saved the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ONE MARKET IS NUMBER ONE!BUZZINGOFFDined on 11/5/2014I WAS AMAZED AT THE QUALITY OF THE SERVICE, THE CHILL OF THE BEER, AND THE INCREDIBLE TASTE OF MY TWO DISHES...THE SHRIMP BISQUE, AND THE PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER ON A BED OF MASHED CARROTS AND JALAPINOS !!! ONE MARKET IS A FUN PLACE TO DINE FOR GREAT FOOD, AND ANY OTHER REASON.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014I'm visiting San Fran and had to entertain clients so this restaurant was recommended to me. It was a perfect place to wow the clients as well as have a wonderful meal. Everyone enjoyed their selections and had nothing but praise for the food. A very special place mad next time I'm in the city I'll be sure to come again! Thank youSpecial Features:
- KevinVIPDined on 10/31/2014Very good food & service. Wine is a bit pricey. Complimentary valet parking on Friday & Saturday evenings was a nice touch.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/30/2014We been coming to One Market for years and it never disappoints. On this occasion we brought a very old and special bottle of wine. The sommelier knew exactly how to handle the wine, was engaging and recommend a great white wine for our appetizers. She recommended the duck breast to go with the wine that I brought and it was fantastic. All of the others at our table ordered something different and everything was great. You know your at a good restaurant when all the flavors in a meal really work and compliment each other. The only downside to the evening was our waiter, if he could only be half as good and attentive as the sommelier, but alas I guess you cant get that lucky.Special Features:
- lunchcloudshillDined on 10/30/2014Had a business lunch there the other day and it was decidedly mediocre. Ordered the sole and this rather strange looking dish arrived with the piece of sole folded over and plopped down on some pumpkin puree. Unappetizing looking and the sole under cooked and flavorless. I'm wondering if 1M hasn't passed its prime.
- Business LunchScottDined on 10/29/2014Great view of the bay / Ferry Building. Saw Joe and Jennifer Montana a few tables away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- issuesgsilesDined on 10/28/2014Not our first visit. Very disappointed. Requests for medium cooked seemed to be ignored. dishes should be more simple. Server did not seem to have enough control.Special Features:
- We had a great time!LunchingladiesDined on 10/27/2014Four ladies having lunch and it was perfect! Close to the office, close to the ferry, plus there was valet parking for the one who drove. It is our "go-to" place for convenience and the food.Special Features:
- Amazing placeltoviedoDined on 10/25/2014This was the second time we went to One Market Restaurant, if the first time was an unforgetable experience, this one was really amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night dinnerWHMJrDined on 10/25/2014We arrived early for our 7:15 reservation and were welcomed into the bar where we watched part of the 5th game of the World Series. Host was accommodating by not rushing us to the table. Host made special arrangements to deal with one guest who was hard of hearing. Service was great and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Haven for goat meat loversrshorensVIPDined on 10/25/2014This was the second time we had the 4 course "daily beast" goat menu. We acquired our taste for goat when we were in the white towns of the Sierra Nevada Mountains of Spain. One Market Restaurant outdid themselves for this menu. The portions were very generous. First course was goat tartare on a bed of avocado with olive oil. Second course was curried braised goat shoulder, melt in your mouth-tender meat with delicious sauce with carrots and chick peas. Main course included rolled goat breast and 2 delicious goat rib chops on a bed of green beans. Dessert was poached pear with goat cheese and pear sorbet. Each course was spectacular! Bravo, Mark!Special Features:
- eyeguyeyeguyDined on 10/23/2014Too noisy to hold a conversation, Food was average, would not go back
- lively loudavocatVIPDined on 10/21/2014A dive has a good chance of being a good choice if pickup trucks and BMWs are parked.outside. At One Market, diners arrived by foot but represented the diversity of San Francisco well. They came, doubtless, for many reasons and enlivened the large dining space as if waiting for the Giants to walk through the doors any minute. The avocado gazpacho with campache was creative and tasty. Our server was very helpful but seemed harried by her load. In fact, my one negative was from staff who, rather than giving me room to walk, nearly mowed me down as I moved through the restaurant. Maybe they had become infected by the boisterous guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top choice in San FransiscoFsakerDined on 10/21/2014Excellent food and services; rich menu and wine list . Pleasant experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeceivingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/20/2014I ordered a shrimp bisque which was watery, liquid. The red snapper was good but I didn't like the tomato foam it accompanied. The dessert list was not tempting. I ordered a glass of pinot noir from Willamette which was delicious! We went originally for their pinot noir and wild mushroom special, which we found to be minimal on the menu. Very deceiving. The waitress was great, always there when we needed her.
- FantasticMuncherDined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating my dad's birthday the service at One Market went above and beyond to make him feel special. The food was also incredible - modern twists on traditional favorites and everything was very fresh.Special Features:
- Happy to spend my money thereHamer4markDined on 10/17/2014Really enjoyed our dining experience. Wine list is clumsy and unless you want to spend big bucks on wine, there are not a lot of choices. Sometimes restaurants forget the middle class likes to spend money, too. I am a vegatarian and the menu was fine for me. It was very dark - hard to read my menu or see my food. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceSFluncherDined on 10/17/2014great place to bring clients - we were seated at a great table with relatively short noticeSpecial Features:
- Too loud for business meetingNoisyDined on 10/17/2014The ambiance and food are very good and the location is great. Unfortunately, the noise level was so loud we couldn't have a very good lunch conversation with 7 people. I should have tried to reserve a private room.
- better two years agoOldad41Dined on 10/15/2014Menu not as broad or exciting as two years ago. Food was not bad but not memorable. Long wait between courses, server not knowledgeable. Will try another restaurant rather than return. Seems like a place for businessmen on expense accounts.Special Features:
- Skip this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/15/2014If you're in the financial district, the best thing going for this place is the location. The meal is average (actually, terrible for the price), the dining room is LOUD, filled mainly with tourists, service was fine until the end of the meal when we were approached and asked to vacate our table a few minutes prior to being ready by a very ignorant, class-less maitre-d with an orange tie on the evening of Oct. 15. I will never recommend this restaurant to anyone or dine here. Unbelievably rude. With so many great options in this city, I say skip this place.
- Good time Sat nightcytoguyDined on 10/11/2014Second date meal, so trying to impress. Scored a window table to watch the world go by during Fleet Week. Inside you can watch the line cooks working...good show for foodies. Sommelier Tanya (sp?) was excellent describing the wine list and helping with pairings. She was delightful in describing the world of grenache wines with recommendations for several local wineries worth visiting to learn more. Food was creative. Smoked belly could have been crispier or with a bit more char but still very tasty. Halibut was cooked perfectly. Overall good job.Special Features:
- Popular Spot Next to the PiersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Our party of five including a child enjoyed the dinner. The scollop was one of the best, not in huge size but taste great. Ahi tuna has great sauce and the mushrooms are tender, perhaps a bit too much peppercorn on the rim. The jazz music was lovely in the background. A packed house on a Saturday night.
- One Market - disappointingChristineDined on 10/10/2014We went for dinner in September 2014 and felt quite let down. Two people order steaks, and both agreed that they were stringy and tough. The mashed potatoes that went with the steaks were, quite honestly, no better than an instant package of mash potatoes from Safeway. The scallops were drowned in a liquid causing them to taste soggy. So we all left the restaurant feeling disappointed. For four people, the tab came to over $300 and was not money well spent. We will not return.
- AaronDined on 10/8/2014Food was very delicious and the presentation was excellent. The protions were well balanced, not too little or not too much. The price was quite reasonable for what was offered. I definitely recommend this restaurant. It was a nice surprize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good choiceMarylandGuyVIPDined on 10/8/2014Food was very good, server was knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2014Everything was good but I believe there was way too much salt in the food. The subtle tastes were not there and the burning sensation of too much salt were there. Real flavor does not need salt enhancement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well established and well deservedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014great location with large windows looking towards pier 1 and excellent food with amazing regionally focused wine list. Have to try the deserts and in particular the butterscotch pudding.Special Features:
- OpenWorld Lunch Oct 2 a hot day....jackDined on 10/2/2014I found the tables too deep (wide) between the bench and the chair for comfortable conversation; I found the waitresses too solicitous (but then I'm English and not used to that); plus it was too cold (the dining room). Plus a grilled trout with only spinach was not that filling,. for the price. Ok, those negatives can be balanced by an overall enjoyable experienceI would recommend this to a friend.