One Main Restaurant & Bar
1 West Main Street
Babylon, NY 11702Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
One Main Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.onemainrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (631) 620-3444
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday Thru Thursday 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday 12:00pm - 1:00am
Saturday 11:00am - 1:00am
Sunday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Beer Garden, American
- Executive Chef: Luciano Di Rico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: check out our website for Catering options
- Entertainment: Open Mic Tuesday's
Live Music on Thursday's
- Special Events: check out our website for Catering options
A word from One Main Restaurant & Bar
Come down and discover ONE MAIN RESTAURANT AND BAR in the heart of Babylon Village. We are an American Eclectic restaurant serving creative American foods with exciting new twists. ONE MAIN uses the finest products the market has to offer in order to provide you with a unique experience every time you join us for a meal, or even just a cocktail. Chef and owner Luciano Di Rico is passionate about producing classy, creative foods using only quality ingredients and matching his fare with top-of-the-line wines and craft beers. Whether it is a cocktail, a bite to eat, or a full meal, ONE MAIN strives to make everything you choose to eat or drink an exciting experience for your palette. With an emphasis on local produce and quality meats and seafood, Chef Luciano Di Rico has been developing new and innovative ways to recreate classic American dishes that incorporate the many cultural influences this great country has to offer. Raised in an Italian-American family, the culinary influenceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
One Main Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Babylon ›
One Main Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Drinks, apps, atmosphere and service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Outstanding, Server SlowMoonChildEaterDined on 11/9/2014It wasn't that he was slow per SE, just not very attentive. We were the second table seated, his first table, but he was assigned 3 others very rapidly. He took our drink order first but our food order dead last. That being said, the food was worth the wait!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!MarysDiaryDined on 11/6/2014I've been to Babylon so many times yet never eaten at One Main until Restaurant Week. Worth the wait, the food was terrific! The servvice wasn't great and I could have done without the in-house entertainment but luckily the food was so good that those minor details were overlooked. Don't miss out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2014We went for Long Island restaurant week. The menu had great options and they definitely didn't skimp on the portions. All three meals were great and our server was very attentive. Great craft beer list with all local beers from LI. The only downside was the noise level of the live music, it was deafening. We were trying to have a conversation and I kept saying what, what, what, because I couldn't hear the person across the table from me. Overall great experience just need to work on noise level!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All GreatpandemoniumboutiqueVIPDined on 11/4/2014I have been to this restaurant several times. Sometimes with friends and sometimes for a meeting. On all accounts it was excellent. Great service and food!Special Features:
- Good food, terrible serviceMontecristo01Dined on 10/25/2014We have dined at One Main a number of times. Food is good, service is repeatedly terrible. We like the location, convenience and atmosphere but the staff ruins it. Bartenders are inexperienced and wait staff is awful. From dropping a full tray of drinks, to not offering up specials, not accurately explaining specials and never coming to table. Unfortunately we will not go back. We have given it many chances hoping service would improve to no avail. Hire professionals and maybe you can try to compete with mainstays like Argyle Grill......Special Features:
- Nice place to visitMLH99Dined on 10/21/2014food was ok, service was good, wines were good as wellI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightMylesDined on 10/4/2014From Michelle at the bar to our wait staff led by Justin, our night was great. The food was great..the Avacado Fries were amazing. We will be back!Special Features:
- Skip This OneMoonstruckOneVIPDined on 9/29/2014The bar looks attractive; so, we wanted to try this restaurant. We were sorely disappointed. Waiter was nice although he tried to PUSH extras we did not want. Macaroni & cheese was a soupy mess. Burgers which were listed as 10 Oz were more like 6 Oz. My burger was over cooked. Hamburger roll was stale. The real insult was that they charged $14 for this disappointing burger. French fries were good. We paid $77 for bad macaroni, small over cooked burgers on stale rolls & two glasses of wine. Overpriced bad food. I felt bad because the bartender seemed to care. We would not return.
- SparkyDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant was very appealing and the service was friendly and attentive to our tables needs . The food was very appetizing . The desserts are extremely good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!ClasActVIPDined on 8/29/2014Excellent service...the avocado fries are a must! Like the "After Dark" DJ!Special Features:
- Great food but slow serviceAdnama10VIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was delicious. However, drinks from the bar took way to long to get to the table. Service wasn't good-both drinks empty while waitress chatted.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 54 reviews are from the One Main Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Good food and atmosphereZiaLauliDined on 7/26/2014We had our friends 50th Birthday dinner here Saturday evening. Let me start off saying the bartender makes a really good Mojito. The appetizers and entrees were very good. Recommend the crab cakes, salads, fried Avocado and scallops dish appi's. We all had something different for dinner. Everyone was very happy with what they had ordered. I had the sliced steak which was tender. Then we had the yummy funnel cake for the dessert. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a bad first experiencejjjonlDined on 7/25/2014took my wife there for dinner. was a little skeptical based off of prior reviews, but everyone who worked there was very nice, attentive, and accommodating. we went on a Friday at 7:30pm. The local beer list was nice, and our food was good. We will probably go back in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not amazing but definitely good!cm14Dined on 7/25/2014I found this restaurant on OpenTable because we were looking for something new. Food was fine...service was fine...but nothing blew me out of the waterSpecial Features:
- Surprise find in Babylon.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014Upon arrival we were quickly met and seated. Our waiter Todd was attentive. I was able to sample wine before ordering a glass. Inventive drinks and appetizers. Butternut squash arancini fritters were golden & crunchy outside and smooth inside. Ask for extra chipotle sauce with it. My roast beef sliders were moist and flavorful. (Considering I asked for well done.) My husbands marinated strip steak was a perfect medium and he enjoyed the pencil thin asparagus with mashed potatoes. The only disappointment was the mac & cheese. While flavorful, It was soupy! I was told this is how they always make it. They quickly took it off the bill. As we were full and happy, we didn't order dessert. We will be returning again and with friends.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerClasActVIPDined on 7/21/2014Loved the avocado fries...excellent service...great value...plentiful portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!PercipersDined on 7/18/2014My boyfriend and his parents went here to celebrate a promotion. The food was incredible, the ambience was beautiful and our server was so attentive and kind. We will definitely be back, and we have been telling everyone about it!! I suggest this to any and everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMariaDined on 7/6/2014We went for brunch last Sunday. A last minute decision. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLexi126Dined on 6/21/2014Service was great! My boyfriend and I both had chicken dishes and they were delicious. I can not wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableChefSandroDined on 6/14/2014This is our 4th time dinning here and once again, the food, service and atmosphere, were great. My favorite appetizer is the Thai Calamari which is consistently good and I tried their citrus marinated skirt steak and was not disappointed. The meat was cooked to order and not only tender but very flavorful as well. We are looking forward to our 5th visit!Special Features:
- SlowAdnama10VIPDined on 5/31/2014We received our appetizer before our drinks from the bar reached the table. Service was slow, even waited for the hostess for a few minutes before being sat. Music they were playing was horrible!!! Weird techno elevator music on repeat. Food was decent. Mac and cheese kind of boring.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Returnluv2dinekmkVIPDined on 5/17/2014Second visit to One Main did not live up to our first visit. Service was slow, we waited 10 minutes for our drinks to be served, and the first drink, a glass of wine arrived a good 4 or 5 minutes before the simple martini was brought to the table. Multiple courses arrived all at the same time, and the entrées were cold. Oddly, our waiter only spoke to and directed any comments to my husband, (we were a party of 4). We had various servers dropping food and bringing drinks. Not a local restaurant for us, so we will not be going out of our way to return.
- Mother's DayStanleyDined on 5/11/2014Food was very good. Service slow and not very attentive. Seemed like they all wanted to go home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchJADSDined on 5/11/2014Quiet early Mother's Day brunch was a pleasant surprise -- service was great (tall girl with a ponytail) - very attentive-- mimosa punch was awesome and my salmon and poached eggs was yum -- better than their dinner for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, room for improvementLatinFoodieDined on 5/9/2014Great Appetizers, good service, but main dish was not good. The Avocado fries are excellent, but the main dish (Steak) was overcooked for medium and incredible cold, and the restaurant was not even full. I will definitively give it another try on a restaurant week.Special Features:
- Satisfactory - friendly staffOnemainDined on 5/1/2014We visited during restaurant week. Gnocchi was slightly over cooked, but had great flavor. Salmon was very tasty! They had a wonderful pair of singers playing acoustic guitar, but it was a little loud. Had the peach cobbler for dessert, slightly dry - could have used a scoop of vanilla icecream. The cheesecake was heavenly! Overall it was a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Main dinnerTerryTidbitsDined on 5/1/2014We visited on Restaurant Week. It was the only one in Babylon that had a lot of open tables. That concerned us a bit, but it turned out to be quite good. the mushroom Gnocchi with braised beef was delicious as was the Avocado Fries and ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH ARANCINI. Really loved the Arancini. I ordered the Citrus soy marinated steak with mango salsa and fries. I ordered it medium and it came well done. It was also spicy and it did not mention that on the menu. I asked for a baked potato instead of fries and was shocked to learn that "don't carry baked potatoes." I would not order the steak again but would order the Gnocchi. At 7pm they had a live music performance which we really enjoyed. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden treasure!Foodie4evaDined on 4/27/2014Brunch was wonderful! Had a goat cheese omelette with carmelized onions spinach and mushrooms. Classy ambience and a wine wall of deliciousness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret! !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Love this restaurant from the moment I walked in was well taken care of. The hostess was friendly, loved my server Anthony he was sweet, fast, outgoing, loved this place so much made a reservation for the next night but ended up showing up at 4 having some great drinks at the bar with those delicious avocado fries n pizza!! This place is a must go to!!! Thank you One Main for opening such a great spot for us to go to!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 MainDeliciousHits28Dined on 4/6/2014Great service, not floored by food though. Went here for brunch last Sunday, believe I ordered the Kristin Omelet or something like it. It had goat cheese, which I enjoy-was definitely the highlight of the omelet. Not the best I've had, tasted very much like standard diner omelet. Mimosas were very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed the brunchhappyfamilyDined on 3/23/2014We booked ahead on open table and were seated immediately upon arrival. The service was slow to take orders and bring out food as the restaurant was full. Our waiter was extremely apologetic and explained they were short staffed. The food was great and we will surely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was fair....JessVIPDined on 3/23/2014I felt bad for the only waiter in the restaurant and for all of us that had to wait for him to come around to get our drink orders and for this one guy to bring it out. Food was fine, not bad but nothing really memorable. The prices were good for the quantity of food you got. Good brunch spot but based on my experience for brunch there, I will probably skip trying dinner.Special Features:
- Back to normalChefSandroDined on 3/22/2014In my last review, I had stated that dining there for our third time, there was a problem with both the food and the service. I waited approximately a month and decided to give it one more shot since I really do like this restaurant and the staff. I'm glad I did. Not only did we get the same server, but the food was back to being great and the service, down to the last detail, was on the money and back to our first two visits. Will definitely continue to dine there.Special Features:
- One Main has lots of potential.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/18/2014One Main has lots of potential. I have been there a few times and they still have to work out a few kinks. Service is good but slow. This time I took a friend for lunch for her birthday. It was a Tuesday afternoon so the restaurant was relatively empty (2 other tables occupied). We asked for bread since our salads were taking a long time. We were brought a basket of toast, not what you would expect. The decor and bar are very attractive. The management needs to step it up in terms of service and food quality. The salads were only fair. The village could benefit from One Main if they improve and keep diners coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary/birthday celebrationlisajoebocDined on 3/15/2014i had recommended the restaurant to my friends and we were not disappointed. its such a great feeling when you recommend a place and your friends love it. freddy, his cousin and wonderful staff make it an even better experience. we loved and would definately return. thanks for the memorable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new Spot!MikeQDined on 3/15/2014My fiance and I have been meaning to go here for a while, so we decided to try it with another couple. We all had a great time. The food was great, the ambiance was fun; overall a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodie1Dined on 2/28/2014Though our server was lovely & personable & food was creative for the Mardi Gras festivities, it was a disappointing experience. I didn't say anything because she was nice. The music was so loud, I couldn't hear my friend talking. We had to yell above the noise! My friend arrived before me by 10 minutes- by the time I was greeted, it was another 15 mins before a drink order was taken & it must have been 30-40 minutes before either of us could drink together! I have been in this restaurant a number of times now and I notice when the owners AREN'T there, the restaurant doesn't run well. We're left waiting endlessly for attention! The wait staff needs to be trained properly and the food & drinks need to be brought out in a timely manner .
- One Main is Second to None~JWEtogDined on 2/28/2014As the "new kid on the block" in this awesome village, they are not having a difficult time fitting in or keeping up. We've been dining in Babylon for many years and "had" our favorite places for lunch, happy hour, dinner, and nightlife. Between the 1M "bar chefs" and their specialty cocktails which are not only creative but blissful. The kitchen chef's, which define the culinary execution of heavenly dishes. The service, which is outstanding, from the second you walk in, to the minute you don't want to leave, this is truly a One Stop gem. We recommend One Main to everyone who looking for a treat, in every sense of the word.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome beer dinner!StinaDined on 2/25/2014Made a reservation for the long Ireland beer dinner 2/25, and I was very happy I did! The 4 courses of food pairings the chef came up with for the 4 different beers were superb. I was specifically impressed with the IPA cupcakes. I can't wait for this months beer dinner featuring great south bay, one of my favorite breweries. I love that they support local business with their tap selections. Definitely worth stopping by to try a pint of something new. I've also been here for brunch, and besides the usual things you'd expect on a brunch menu there are also things like a breakfast burger and country steak and eggs! Totally recomend this restaurant, friendly staff, fun atmosphere :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.