1606 20th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oneloungedc.com/
- Phone: 2022990909
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 2:00am; Friday: 5:00pm - 3:00am; Saturday: 5:00pm - 3:00am; Sunday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary European, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our chefs are very familiar with corporate receptions, weddings, banquets and engagement parties. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Make yourself at home in One Lounge, Dupont Circle's favorite kitchen & cocktails. Private dining available in four separate rooms over two stories and on the large patio. Specialty drinks & dishes created to suit your needs. Intimate lounge with classy, relaxed atmosphere. Next to Dupont Metro.
- Private Party Contact: Niko Papademetriou 8886523686
- Entertainment: Tuesday: Sunset Sets, Jazz Trio spearheaded by Pete Muldoon from 10pm-1am Wednesday: Guest bartenders and great music (live DJ's) make Wednesday nights a fun hangout for locals, regulars and industry people from 10pm-close Thursday: Ladies Night from 10pm-close... DJs from 10pm-close... Ladies drink free bubbly until close (our bartenders will make sure you stay responsible with the consumption) Friday & Saturday: DJs from 10pm - close both nights spinning the most fun music you've ever heard! Full of singles, groups, birthday parties, bachelor and bachelorette parties and just about every other kind of fun group you can think of!
- Special Events: From art openings and charity fundraisers to birthday parties and corporate receptions, the staff at One Lounge - from the Chef to the Bar Manager to the entire special events team - will work with you to create a memorable and hassle free event. We feature four rooms and two bars on two floors that can be used alone or in combination to suit your needs. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin planning a terrific party.
- Cross Street: Q Street
- Public Transit: Red Line Metro stop (Q Street / North exit) and numerous MetroBus lines. Georgetown University's GUTS Bus stops at 20th St NW and Massachusetts Ave NW (1 short block away).
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample street parking is available in the surrounding area. Lot parking is available at the PNC Bank lot half a block to the south. Numerous hotels in walking distance offer valet and overnight parking.
A word from One Lounge
Welcome to One Lounge in the heart of Dupont Circle. Our dishes are made from scratch using primarily locally sourced ingredients, complimented by a wide selection of fine wine, whiskey and specialty martinis. We are here to create a relaxing, comfortable environment for you to enjoy the company of friends and family with some of DC's diverse and intriguing communities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not bad for date nightWillGoAgainDined on 10/18/2013If you want a nice romantic feeling, but still want to go to a bar in DC, this is a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May Have Been One Visit Too Manysal1107VIPDined on 9/7/2013We were visiting DC and staying in Dupont Circle. We chose the restaurant because it was open late and had outdoor seating. I can't recommend the restaurant unless you're looking for a place to just sit and have drinks. The food was so-so. The service was slow-- we had to wait a while to get water, to get drinks, and to place our food order. Perhaps they were short-staffed but there didn't seem to be a large crowd. With so many wonderful restaurants in the area, it's good to know we have other options.Special Features:
- Perhaps a different waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2013Maybe our waiter was having an off night. Who knows? We dined around 7 p.m. on a Tuesday, which was a pretty light night. Our waiter seemed uninterested and a notch above intolerable towards our party of six. The food and drinks were good, but not worth the trip again for that level of service we received.
- Good Food, Nice AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2013I made a reservation for 10 to celebrate my birthday. Before arriving for my reservation, I corresponded with the owners (email/phone) and I was very pleased with how responsive they were! We had no problems getting seated on time and I was even able to seat a couple of surprise guests. While our waitress was friendly, she seemed really busy, although there weren't many other people there. I think she was also helping set up for a later event. Our dinner reservation was @8p: post-dinner crowd, pre-bar crowd, but it started to pick up by the time we left around 10:30/11p. The food was GREAT and the corkage fee and general prices were very reasonable. The music was also good, so I'll have to come back to check out the bar scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013They didn't have my Open Table reservation when I arrived. Thankfully they did have a table that could accommodate us. Then we would wait almost 20 minutes between visits from our server. Some of our orders were wrong. Finally our server refused to split up our bill for us despite being automatically charged 20% gratuity. Once we pointed out that since we were being forced to pay 20% gratuity for terrible service, she finally split up the bill for us. But even that was wrong. Some orders were billed to the wrong people.Special Features:
- Successful BIrthday Get-togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013I made reservations for 10 and our table was great, close to the bar, service was quick, and the staff was very accommodating for our friends that arrived late. The food was good and normal price. There isn't anything special about the place, nothing makes it stand out from the other area bars but definitely a nice place for big groups.Special Features:
- Great spot. Small but roomy.diakDined on 3/9/2013Great spot. Small but roomy. Its a bit dark, but you adjust. The food was fantastic, great choices at different price and size levels - so you could eat light or not. Everything was lovely. Great service and yummy drinks. I will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseDCduoVIPDined on 2/14/2013This block of DuPont never seems to prosper, but One Lounge was a welcome surprise! I don't think it takes itself to seriously (which is a good thing) but provides a really nice atmosphere, pretty good food, and a nice staff. This is a great place for drinks and appetizers with friends, and one where if you decided to stay for dinner, you'd be glad you did.Special Features:
- don't waste your timeLovetoeatDined on 12/29/2012The service was awful and the food was nothing to rave about. I had reserved the couch area for a birthday gathering and they had apparently overbooked. There was a miscommunication with management and sat us at a table. The manager came over and apologized for the miscommunication and offered a bottle of champagne. The bottle never came and our waitress was never around. Save your time and money, DON'T GO.
- I had an amazing time forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012I had an amazing time for my birthday. Definitely recommend!!!Special Features:
- Inside was pretty crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2012Inside was pretty crowded and loud owing to the competing happy hours, but the very helpful staff sat our group outside and took good care of us. Not a bad price considering all that we got...Special Features:
- Love this place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012Absolutely love the food here. It's a nice small spot with a lot of personality. Glad I found it from a deal one day :)Special Features:
- Great happy hour specialsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/21/2012Great happy hour specials and on Saturday! I will definitely be back.
- Food was not brought out hot.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012Food was not brought out hot. The bar was lively and drinks were good. Good place to get drinks, food was nothing special.
- Expectations...NOLAgirl1Dined on 1/11/2012This is primarily a bar/watering hole with a small noisy dining area. Great for people watching, a young affluent crowd. The food was very good. The service was excellent, the staff were friendly and attentive. Very accommodating to a group that made reservations expecting less of a crowd and something a little quieter. But in the end we all had a great time and enjoyed our meals. Best of all it was raining and this place was just steps from the metro, Q Street exit!!Special Features:
- Great find for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/22/2011Great atmosphere and food for a special occasion. Very friendly front-of-house staff!Special Features:
- Lamb sliders are delicious!EIEIOVIPDined on 12/16/2011Lamb sliders are delicious! Happy hour drinks specials are pretty good too, as long as you're not too picky. Truffle fries are just ok.
- So incredibly loud we couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/1/2011So incredibly loud we couldn't talk. Service was very pleasant and accommodating.
- The food was very good. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2011The food was very good. It had a homemade touch to it, which I truly appreciated. However, the ambiance was poor. The russian type of disco music didn't quite go with what is otherwise a very classy place.Special Features:
- The service and staff wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011The service and staff was amazing! They really know what "customer service" means as many DC restaurants have forgotten. I was immediately seated when I arrived even though the entire party had now shown up yet. They were willing to split the checks if we all provided a credit card. Since it was my birthday I got a complimentary beverage. The food was delicious!! The restaurant is also a club so it was a one stop shop for my event.Special Features:
- I arrived at time They wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011I arrived at time They was expecting us but late at night they couldn't fined me table and for my friends to set in, so we stayed standing till we got board and left. the DJ was so so.Special Features:
- Nice place but not for dinner...megsDined on 8/18/2011Made a reservation for dinner since I've only ever been there for drinks but the food menu looked really interesting. WHen we got there the hostess was nonexistent and the staff all seemed confused that we had a reservation and we wanted to eat there for dinner??? We finally got seated but it was SO LOUD. Nobody came by and after about 10 minutes we just left it wasn't conducive to the type of dinner we wanted to have. It's a better place for drinks and happy hour where maybe you can order some food if you happen to be hungry but its not really a dinner place.Special Features:
- This place is probably a littleChrisVIPDined on 8/5/2011This place is probably a little bit better for late night drinks than early evening dinner. Food wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. And the ambiance is definitely a better fit for a lounge scene (hence the name I guess). It's not a bad place, I just didn't use it right.
- Disappointing. Second visit-OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2011Disappointing. Second visit- incredibly noisy, the waitress didn't know what she was doing. We had the exact same thing as our first visit. Sangria this time was tasteless.... basically a jug of ice topped up with cheap prosecco. Herbed truffle fries that the first time round were to die for.... this time they were cold, barely seasoned and limp. The pizza was dry on the edges and soggy in the middle..... and where was the chicken??? The service was rude- no cutlery, we had to get our own from the serving station!!!! I couldn't recommend this place enough following my first experience of it, and after this experience I will not be recommending it to anyone.Special Features:
- Sip & See | Tafari's PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2011Got great service for my small party of about 10. The drinks were great. The environment was what I had hoped for and my firneds really enjoyed our gathering making it a win. The manager was quite attentive in ensuring that we were comfortable, which was a plus for me. I would definitely host another event here or just hand out for the great happy hour.Special Features:
- The menu was very misleading.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2011The menu was very misleading. I ordered their "Lemon Cured Smoked Salmon-European cucumbers, capers, and fine herb crème fraise" and expected to have a decent-sized piece salmon, but what arrived was a few thin pieces of cold smoked salmon on top of toast with caviar, and a side of fries. Wasn't expecting the caviar (I'm not a fan) or fries. Had I known about the fries, I wouldn't have ordered a SEPARATE side of fries. My friend had ordered the penne pasta and had asked for it with out cheese, but it came out with cheese. I do, however, really enjoy the ambience of One Lounge. Awesome DJ. It's a great place to go for dancing, drinks, maybe appetizers, but not for dinner.Special Features:
- What a great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2011We went here having just moved to the neighbourhood, and several people recommended it. It exceeded all our expectations- We are already trying to decide how soon is too soon to go back! We had the Truffle fries that were inexplicably good, I'm not a huge fries fan.... but these were amazing. The chicken pesto and goats cheese pizza was delicious, so full of flavour, and very fresh. The sangria was so refreshing and felt never-ending.... all in all a perfect meal and great atmosphere. The staff were friendly and inviting. The place itself is modern and funky- I would recommend it to anyoneSpecial Features:
- I ate at One Lounge twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011I ate at One Lounge twice in one week. Ambience is great--lively corwd, hip & beautiful decor! Service and drinks were inconsistent--both were great one night and mediocre the next. Both times, our hot food selections were served lukewarm and only one person in our large party was happy with their food. Music mix is random--had no flow.Special Features:
- Too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2011Food was a bit cold. People were chanting and yelling; place is more like a college bar than an upscale lounge.
- Great for Outdoor Dining onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2011Great for Outdoor Dining only if you find a place to seat!!Special Features:
- menu-lessMesseledoutDined on 3/16/2011How can a restaurant be out of two entrees listed on the menu. Chicken? Go around the corner to whole foods and buy a bird or two. This is not nuclear engineering. Why do host personnel insist on seating two people at the worst table in the place? Always a corner with no room to move or next to the bus table or kitchen door. I refuse to sit in any of them I had enough corners in catholic school.
- Excellent food, served veryPrindineVIPDined on 3/15/2011Excellent food, served very attractively and in large portions. Service was very good -- prompt and knowledgeable. Noise level is high. We had sampler appetizer, smoked salmon, and roast beef sandwich.Special Features:
- I was a bit disappointed inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2011I was a bit disappointed in One Lounge. I had made a reservation and was "sat" at a couch and stool coffee table. When I asked about the dining room I was told that "tables were for reservations." When I reminded her that I had reservation she said "We have a lot of reservations but you can wait for a table." I didn't understand the point of my reservation...but we decided to wait instead of having to eat hunched over at a coffee table. Luckily, we didn't have to wait too long for a table and the service after that was pretty good. Food was good too. The lounge part we were originally sat in was great for groups who were just coming to have a few drinks...just not for comfortable for eating. Hostess could have been more helpful.
- Good for Late Nite, Drinking Only.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2011I went here on a week night after work for drinks & dinner. When we walked in, the hostess said the table wasn't ready, even though the atrium area was empty. We waited by the bar awkwardly before the hostess seated us at a table in the lounge/atrium area, right next to the (empty) dance floor, where we couldn't hear each other over pulsing top40s. I asked to sit in the cozier bar area, but it was full. I can appreciate a fun, clubby place, but not on a Tuesday at 7 pm. Once seated, the service was very spotty & the food was mediocre. My salad was downright weird- strawberries, peanut dressing, and chicken- it was like a pb & j w/ chicken & spinach. We ordered fries as an app, which were delish but they arrived as we finished dinner.Special Features:
- It has its niche, which isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2011It has its niche, which is a lively bar scene. Food was good, not great. Drinks were expensive but good-sized. Service was very good, attentive and friendly. It's very loud for dinner conversation. It's not someplace that I will hurry back to, but it's not some place that I would necessarirly avoid.Special Features:
- I almost NEVER complain aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2011I almost NEVER complain about service, but it was sooooo slow! The cocktail list was inventive and tasty, and the food was just fine.
- Terrible service. WantedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2011Terrible service. Wanted us to eat in a lounge area. Then the table they gave us turned into a dance floor before we were dine eating. Food was ok but not good enough to go back.Special Features:
- I think what I like most aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2011I think what I like most about One Lounge is the atmosphere. You can be in one room and it feels like a dance/lounge bar. The next room feels like a cozy restaurant, and the next room amazingly offers simple private space for you and your friends. Each space comes with the same well attentive wait staff, menu, and drinks. The food comes in light portions (yet so filling!) and great variety. P.S. Don't forget to ask your waiter about dessert!Special Features:
- I love the relaxed feel ofRedgingerleeDined on 3/7/2011I love the relaxed feel of this place - dark, small and cozy – like a comfortable living room. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The lamb slider was amazing. The salads were tastey and the chocolate cake was amazing! Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:
- This was a rendezvous forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2011This was a rendezvous for out-of-state relatives meeting Washington residents for a quick dinner before catching a bus to leave the city. Service was great, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner & had enough time to make our connections. And much to our relief, something we left behind was reported found & able to be retrieved! Definitely would recommend One Lounge & hope to return on our next visit to Washington!Special Features: