One Fish Two Fish
2109 West Great Neck Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
One Fish Two Fish
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.onefish-twofish.com/
- Phone: 757-496-4350x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sundays 5:00pm-9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jim Mayer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Tracy Creamer for information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please refer to the website for current private room information.
- Private Party Contact: Tracy Creamer 757-496-4350x
A word from One Fish Two Fish
Located minutes from Chesapeake Bay on the water is One Fish-Two Fish. We offer an alternative to formal dining, it's what we call "fun dining." The atmosphere is "upscale without the uppity." This unique feeling is created by a casual waterfront environment with boat access. The restaurant is centered around the Exhibition Kitchen with panoramic views of the Bay. The menu incorporates a blend of California style with fresh, local seafood. The wine list focuses on "boutique style" wines and is consistently recognized with the Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence." Stephen Michaels, owner, and his staff strive to make this venue high energy but still elegant. The only thing we overlook is the water. See you there.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
One Fish Two Fish - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
One Fish Two Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (120)special occasion (88)great for outdoor dining (73)fit for foodies (69)romantic (62)neighborhood gem (42)good for groups (34)notable wine list (27)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (9)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Very good food and nice location. Service was a bit snooty.Special Features:
- Room with a ViewMayoplanVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great place to watch sunset on Lynnhaven inlet. The menu is innovative and great. The service superb. The Ancho BBQ Salmon was fabulous. The wine list has a lot of choices, but most are 40+/bottle, few choices under $35.Special Features:
- Always a great mealVBdinerDined on 9/6/2014We dined here last weekend and both had the same Mahi-Mahi special. It was perfectly cooked and the entire dinner was very good. I have never had a bad meal here and recommend it for a great fish dinner. It is located out on the water and can be accessed by boat as well.Special Features:
- Return Customers - Love!DiningDinksVIPDined on 9/5/2014We love the food here and every time we come back to VA Beach, we try to dine here. We visited last Friday night and the food was wonderful once again! The only negative I have is that our waiter wasn't the most helpful/pleasant. The service was good, but we didn't feel "welcome".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fishcriticfromVaBchDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary on 9/5/14 with dinner. I order the Mahi which was excellent. She ordered the seared tuna which was very nice. Great view, great atmosphere.Special Features:
- definite go totheseekerDined on 9/5/2014One of if not the best the place in town. Very tasty food and very nice ambiance. Right next to the water so if you get a by the window table it is especially nice. I would absolutely make sure for a dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing atmoshphere, great foodGulleysFoilDined on 9/1/2014One Fish Two Fish is one of our favorite places to eat when we are in VA Beach. It is an expensive but enjoyable meal. We shared a delicious Caprese salad with "heirloom tomatoes". The calamari with onion rings was also nice beginner. My husband had the pasta, fish and shrimp special, one of our daughter's had salmon with ancho sauce. Everything was fresh and flavorful.Special Features:
- Once A Year; Special OccasionOnceayearDined on 8/31/2014Exceptional food, service and location. We go out 3 to 4 times a month to Outstanding restaurants nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yumm!Suzy87Dined on 8/30/2014Great atmosphere and amazing food! Love the view as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another lovely visitPickyeatergalDined on 8/30/2014Returned to One Fish, Two Fish: this time for romantic dinner. Was not disappointed. Service, food, and ambience were perfect. We ordered a different fresh catch -grouper and rockfish, both delicious and even healthy. Gorgeous sunset, too!Special Features:
- Good AgainQueenieDined on 8/26/2014We went to One Fish Two Fish in the late winter and loved it! Will go again when we visit next year.Special Features:
- bad nightseafoodDined on 8/24/2014Had reservation.. Hostess looked frustrated when we entered..she told us she had to clear and set table..okay.ten mintes later seated...obviously new waiter so we worked with him...45mins after reservation time no meal..just quietly got up to go find someone to pay for two salads and one glass of wine...they were apologetic and said had birthday party in other room... Food is usually good here but management needs to be in charge of all situations..Special Features:
- BeawreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The restaurant relies on its scenic view to compensate for certain shortcomings. Service is just OK - seems to be a training/experience issue. The food varies from the best to the worst I ever had across the board - beef, fish, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome time!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Outstanding food, great bartenders, great waiter! Could not ask for a better experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding Waterfront RestaurantEnjoyingTheGoodLiveDined on 8/22/2014We frequently dine at One Fish Two Fish. The food is outstanding and the service is great. We've never had a bad meal. They have a great wine list too. It's a pleasant way to spend an evening with family and friends. Never rushed. Great water views.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinner - beautiful sunset2FoodiesDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our anniversary with dinner outside. It was a beautiful evening and sunset. Our server was very accommodating and the food was good. This was our second visit to One Fish Two Fish and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceB1gmarvDined on 8/16/2014I have eaten at One Fish Two Fish many times. Each time the experience is excellent. The food was great, Amy our server was outstanding. Just another great evening at One Fish Two Fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatJCT2014Dined on 8/16/2014This was our third trip to this restaurant in the last few years. The first two times were excellent, but this time the food was OK. The lettuce in my salad was wilted and my crab cakes were very salty and somewhat mushy. The salmon dish was pleasant, but not as unique or special as other meals we have had there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TengIgowithimDined on 8/15/2014This place does not disappoint. So for my birthday to complete the celebration with my family - I chose this place. Food is always delectable. First time for my son-in-law who only eat meat was hesitant to order steak at a seafood place - oh no my daughter suggest you won't be disappointed. Sure enough he was very impressed - for a rare ribeye not a smidgen of blood.. Grouper my fav fish was delightful especially the cauliflower purée as my carbs. Will sure return again and again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceVbfoodiesVIPDined on 8/15/2014Made reservation for our 14th Anniversary and feel that I made a very wise choice. My wife was thoroughly pleased and we both enjoyed the really good menu. We will highly recommend this nice spot to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waterside dinnerjakeVIPDined on 8/14/2014excellent service and food with great waterside views on the patio. Consistent fabulous performance by this restaurant!Special Features:
- Good food with a priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014The food was awesome however all their entree's were priced around $30. The restaurant was well placed right on the water, the staff was very nice, they even had a minor dress code to keep undesirables out. Had it been a little cooler that night we may have sat on the patio right next to the water. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to spend a special or romantic night out.Special Features:
- Great locationHungry8Dined on 8/9/2014Whether eating inside or out you have a great view. The food was better than average and the wait staff friendly and efficient. Made a reservation online for a window table no problem. Will definitely eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014The past few times we've been here, we've been disappointed by the food. The ambiance is still wonderful, but the cuisine seems to have declined recently. My mom's fish was overcooked, and my dad's steak was closer to rare when he asked for medium. We still enjoyed the experience largely due to the company and the beautiful views, but I'll hope that they can pick up the quality soon so it is closer to how it was a few years ago.
- Friday night surpriseStacyArmentroutDined on 8/1/2014Food and view were amazing. Very attentive server ( Billy) as well. We'll be back soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for anniversary dinner.Dinner4TwoDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our 33rd anniversary dinner at One Fish Two Fish. It was our first time to dine there and we were not disappointed. This was also a first using Open Table for reservations and I was pleased to hear they were expecting us. The reservation came thru and we were greeted with a friendly welcome and seated in the outdoor area. It was a spacious but comfortable dinning room overlooking the Lynnhaven River. The temperature outside was cool but we were cozy, enjoying the river view, boat traffic and wine while reviewing the menu. She had steak filet and I had the mahi with squash and everything was delicious, cook to perfection. Our waitress was friendly and attentive and surprised us with a nice dessert.Special Features:
- MikeMikeRDined on 7/30/2014I enjoyed eating here. it was a business dinner and the location on the outside deck was excellent for our needsSpecial Features:
- Wonderful work dinnerHappyCamperDined on 7/28/2014We took an out of town guest from work to the restaurant and they were very happy with the experience. We asked for water view when we made reservations and got the back of the restaurant by the marina. Not quite what I had in mind but it was fine. The food was very good but the waiter was even better. She made perfect suggestions based on our likes/dislikes and was very attentive. It was a nice and relaxing evening for all and I would recommend it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitDeliciousDined on 7/27/2014Food was delicious and the service was outstanding. You will not be disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- rvadinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014Most of our meal was delicious. The Caprese Salad, though, was a disappointment. I expected that with the abundance of ripe local tomatoes right now, that this appetizer would be the perfect starter. The kitchen supplied hot house tomatoes that were hard, flavorless and, in some places, mushy. When we expressed our disappointment with the salad, the chef took it off our check, which was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with the bridejakeVIPDined on 7/25/2014excellent food, service, view, overall a fantastic experience. will continue to return!Special Features:
- VbrestaurantloverDined on 7/22/2014We have been coming here for years and have never had a bad experience. Have also had very successful private functions. The staff is so easy to work with and the food is delicious (especially the tuna tataki).Special Features:
- Great overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014It was a good experience, but really crowded and noisy. The waiter was busy rushing to make happy all of his customers, did not have time to take a minute, get to know his customers, smile and make the difference. But overall, I had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be going backlpg802Dined on 7/19/2014Went here for a date night and had an absolutely amazing evening. There is a great choice of specialty cocktails (try the cucumber gimlet - very light and refreshing and pairs nicely with seafood) and creative, mouth watering dishes that are cooked to absolute perfection. The chefs really know how to cook seafood and develop flavor. We were very pleased and impressed with our evening here from start to finish. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerfoodieDined on 7/18/2014I took my fiance here for her birthday and while the place was beautiful, our server was less than attentive. Didn't seem very friendly and got our orders wrong. Overall a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placeQuizVIPDined on 7/18/2014Good food and service. Definitely felt like a real chef cooked our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeEmmaDined on 7/18/2014Pricey food but it was all worth it. Table for eight is really tight.. We were elbow to elbow. Since our table is near the cook, the noise level is really high and we had to talk louder. But all in all we all love the experience. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- virginia beach special findOlneyNeighborVIPDined on 7/17/2014We rented a home in Sandbridge, but could not find a nice restaurant. Went online and found one fish two fish. We were so pleased with the find. We found Virginia Beach not as quaint as Rehoboth for shops and restaurants, but this one shined. Would recommend it highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit was not what I expectedkim4brunchDined on 7/15/2014Hostess was not friendly. Did not smile when she greeted us or as she seated us. My menu looked like it had been wadded up & the plastic cover was creased. Flies buzzing inside the window at our table were unappetizing. Ordered the flounder & a halibut special. Both were good, neither was worth the $. Halibut $28- consisted of a 4 in pc. of fish(1.5 in thick), potato cake & 3 half spears of asparagus & sauce underneath. Flounder consisted of 2 pcs of thin fried fish stacked on a fair amt of mashed potatoes w/slaw between the fish filets ($24). Salad was tasty & came on a chilled plate, not enough for $8.95. Key lime pie was creamy, but no key lime flavor/tartness. Glad we tried this place, doubt we will come back based on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a couple or groupTugsDined on 7/15/2014It was a midweek evening, so can't speak for how crowded it might be on the weekends. Quiet, well-appointed, open decor that takes full advantage of being on the water and having a Western exposure for beautiful sunsets over Lynnhaven Bay. The food was appealing in appearance and presentation. The crab soup was terrific; piping hot, flavorful, and in good portion. We had the Grouper special. Delicious. The open table reservation process allowed us to let them know that it was our anniversary. The staff was very pleasant and attentive without being annoying. And the manager graced us with a complimentary dessert for the occasion. We noticed a number of couples and small groups also apparently enjoying the place. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.