One Dock At The Kennebunkport Inn
One Dock Square
Kennebunkport, ME 04043Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
One Dock At The Kennebunkport Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.onedock.com/
- Phone: 2079672621x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 7 Nights per week. Monday-Saturday 5:30-9:00pm, Sunday 3:00-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Phil Reid
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the Pub 7 nights a week from 7:30pm til 11pm. Patio entertainment Sunday's 4:30-7:30
A word from One Dock At The Kennebunkport Inn
One Dock offers creative, contemporary New England cuisine and traditional Maine favorites in a casual, relaxed setting overlooking the Kennebunk River. Recognizing that Maine is home to some of the world’s best produce, seafood, and meats, our Executive Chef Phil Reid starts with the freshest local and regional ingredients to create his menu. Offering a mix of classic Maine cuisine like baked haddock and steamed lobster, plus an array of newer dishes that start with classic Maine fare then “amp” up the flavors with Asian- and Spanish-inspired spices and accompaniments, our menu has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
One Dock At The Kennebunkport Inn - Best Restaurants in Kennebunkport ›
One Dock At The Kennebunkport Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Specials nightcantin2VIPDined on 10/19/2014We went on a Sunday.....their special was $15 all you can eat Prime Rib and $5 Martinis and Manhattans from 4-8PM.....Good crowd. Food very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful StaffKitKDined on 10/11/2014This is the first time that my reservation was properly credited to Open Table - thank you, One Dock! But the real enjoyment came from friendly, smiling staff/service. The food was tasty, though some of the spices in the sweet-and-sour brussel sprouts was tooooo overwhelming. Chocoholics cannot go wrong in sharing the Chocolate Bread Pudding for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerfoodforcathVIPDined on 10/11/2014Dinner was yummy. I like that they continued the small plates on the menu. I had limited things that I could eat and they were very accommodating. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OnedockrocksDined on 10/11/2014Had a wonderful dining experience and loved the blueberry lemon drop cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out 2 dinnerou2dinnerVIPDined on 9/30/2014Went here on a week night. It appears there are many areas to dine. Very inviting decor, traditional New England. Food was good, however we only had 2 small plates, therefore can not comment on their dinners. Staff were friendly and efficient. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Pleasantly surprised after reading some very lukewarm reviews about the small plate menu shift,portion size and service. We have been here multiple times over the years but our first visit since the update. My husband and I were able to find dishes that appealed to both of us.The portion size and price point spot on.Service was cheerful and prompt. Priced right. Would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoJoDined on 9/13/2014We had dinner at One Dock with another couple to celebrate our wedding anniversaries. The four of us loved One Dock. We each selected two small plates and were very pleased with our variety of choices. The food is delicious and creative. Chelsea, our server, was very knowledgeable and a lot of fun! We'll definitely be back during our next visit to Kennebunkport.Special Features:
- AverageLovetoeatDined on 9/11/2014Menu selection was very limited. There were only 5 main courses and two were steaks. Only one seafood item and yes it was salmon.
- Very happyMainergirlDined on 8/21/2014Only low point was relative slowness in getting our drinks. Waitress was knowledgeable but not pushy, food (especially ribs and fish tacos) were excellent! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LalaLalaDined on 8/21/2014Atmosphere and design were perfect. The service was excellent as usual. The food while good, was expensive for the portions. Although I love going to restaurants that have a tapas type menu, they need to up the ante.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing changesKPT2eatVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have been regular diners here over the years, with usually exceptional dining experiences. Our last visit in January was not great but we though maybe an off night and we would try again. This time we found the entire menus had been retooled adopting the new trend of offering a large variety of small plates and appetizers; all of this built around a four-entree dinner menu. The dinner entrees included a beef, chicken, lazy lobster and catch of the day (today's catch being salmon), that's it, they used to have 12 main dinner entrees which included multiple beef and fish options. This is a New England sea coast restaurant and needs to get back to offering large and better main course dinner fare; we won't be going back again until!
- The foodMarieJoDined on 8/12/2014The food was so salty, too much salty. The place is beautiful, the ambiance too, but not the food... :/Special Features:
- New menu still a question markTechnodadDined on 8/10/2014One Dock has traditionally been our go-to restaurant in the Kennebunks when we wanted a step up from family places and brewpubs. Recently, however, One Dock has changed their menu away from traditional entrees and jumped on the small plates bandwagon. Some of the small plates were good, notably the fish tacos and the Brussel sprouts. Others fell flat, like the meatballs and polenta which was served with an overly-sweet red sauce that distracted from the rest of the dish. Some old standouts, like Mussels with Gorgonzola, are gone. It remains to be seen whether this change will work for One Dock - they are now just another player in the small plates fad in town, and the dishes don't support their previous position as a dinner destination.Special Features:
- Delightfulluv2eatDined on 8/9/2014Fun place to share with friends with all the small plate offerings. Great cocktails too !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one comment..see belowNutritionproDined on 8/9/2014Fabulous flavor and creativity in the small plate options. I was a bit disappointed in the portion sizes of a few choices such as the salad (1/2 cup portion for $10.00?!!!) even with these special items being " tapas" items. I have had larger " tapas" plates in restaurants in Boston, so I was a bit surprised in the portion size for the price. That said, my brother from Nebraska had never had small plates before and he LOVED them! And it was perfect for my 96 year old father who hardly eats anything! Thank you for the birthday candle in his ice cream !Special Features:
- PriceyCTyankeeDined on 8/7/2014Small plates okay, but entrees are limited. Don't order a salad with optional Tuna for $19. It is a basic salad with a few tiny shavings of raw tuna.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodJDx2Dined on 8/6/2014We loved the location & it was a nice night. We opted to sit outside to watch the people out and about in Kennebunkport. A thunder storm threatened and the manager appropriately asked us to move in before the storm hit. It was a little chaotic, but the staff was very helpful moving everyone inside. The food was good. My husband's steak was a bit on the small side. Our server took a long time to greet us, but was friendly. She wasn't too knowledgeable about the food - I overheard another server giving great details to a table near us and would have made a different choice when I heard his descriptions. Dessert was amazing, but they served milk with coffees we ordered after dinner. All in all, very good experience, but not perfect.Special Features:
- disappointing menu change,disappointedDined on 8/1/2014this was our second visit but first this year. the menu has turned into a bar/snack menu with only 4 main courses. Very surprised and disappointed. an elegant dining room and setting, but our party came for dinner not snacks. all snack categories of course are priced a la carte making it very expensive to cobble together a dinner if one of the mains does not appeal. for example, a salad for $10. , a small plate for $12-$14. and a side for another $8.00. I would not go back here for a meal nor would I recommend it to anyone interested in dinner out.Special Features:
- Disappointed in New MenutequilaloverVIPDined on 7/18/2014Oh One Dock what did you do?? We frequented One Dock last summer specifically for the flatbreads, lobster mac and cheese, mussels with blue cheese and bacon, and fettuccine with lobster. We were so disappointed to come back this year and find all missing from the menu and replaced with small plates and 4 "real" entrees. The new mac and cheese side dish was lacking flavor and the truffle fries were dripping with oil. The atmosphere and drinks are still great but we will not be coming back as much as years past with this new, limited menu.Special Features:
- dinner menujanaluvartVIPDined on 7/18/2014We were disappointed in the new menu. I was surprised to arrive and find the menu had changed to small plates and limited dinner options. Food was still good and we had plenty to eat it was but not what I expected. I had company from out of town and was expecting full dinner menu. Choices were very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelerDined on 6/29/2014The Dinner menu was extremely limited.If you don't like Salmon or chicken you were out of luck.price wAs not worth it.
- Great experienceTheTravelerDined on 6/27/2014We visited their outdoor deck for an afternoon snack and found the service and atmosphere to be one of the best in area. We later dined at the indoor dining room. Our server, Stephani, was absolutely fabulous. in addition to a few main entire items, the menu offers a number of small plate options that are perfect to sharing. The food was excellent. We will look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Once again a great mealTibojDined on 6/27/2014We were there last year and came back again this year. The formula has changed and the entres are like "tapas". Same fantastic creativity. Nothing here is predictible. This chef is an artist. The herb flanc on a bed of mushroom was simply brillant. Bravo! See you next yearSpecial Features:
- The following 140 reviews are from the One Dock At The Kennebunkport Inn reviews archive.
- Great spot!noey1283Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I enjoyed a great dinner here on Saturday night. At first when you realize they only have a few entrees it's a bit jarring but if you love to share smaller plates (similar to tapas) this is definitely the place to go! Our server was so sweet and answered all our menu questions and the food came out in a timely manner. We chose to share the brussel sprouts (amazing!), the seared sea scallops, the fish tacos, and the grilled chorizo. All of these were really tasty and we had just enough room for dessert. No issues with our reservation either with Open Table - We arrived a little early and they escorted us right to our seat. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for those looking for something different in Kennebunkport!Special Features:
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Every time we come to Kennebunkport, we have to go to One Dock and it never disappoints - the fish tacos we had were out of this world and the staff is always so pleasant. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I have been several times and the food has always been amazing and the staff has been very knowledgeable and outstanding. A first class establishment is my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plates OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014One Dock used to be one of my favorite places in Kennebunkport. I was quite disappointed to see only 5 entree choices on this years menu. The rest is side dishes and small plates. The chefs vision is for people to order several small plates and share. OK for some, but make it known because that's not what I was expecting. I ordered the Lazy Lobster and it was the only lobster I was served in Kennebunkport that was improperly cooked, stringy and uncuttable. My mother ordered the steak which she liked very much. All in all a disappointment, especially compared to previous years.Special Features:
- Goodbye FlashOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2014Our only reason for going to this restaurant/inn was for Flash Allen, a fantastic entertainer. The food is ok, but not worth the effort without Flash. He was told after years of entertaining, with a huge following his services are no longer needed and at a time when other places already had their summer entertainers. I am not the only one who would go to this place just for Flash, locals and tourists. There is no reason now for us to go to Kennebunkport, I can just go to Ogunquit and have a better beach atmosphere since Flash has been replaced. This will in some small way probably hurt local ecoonomy too. The food here is ok, not what you would expect from coastal maine, but can't say it's good, it's just ok with the changes you madeSpecial Features:
- One Dock #1rbtwo4Dined on 5/24/2014Nice place. Bar was very loud. Dinner was great. food, service on the mark.Special Features:
- Great place a hidden gemnavyvet1994Dined on 5/11/2014excellent food, great service. It was like being with old friends. Maine dining with a touch of Cajun rolled inSpecial Features:
- Excellent meal!JayGDined on 4/19/2014Your staff was amazing, your food selection was perfect, your garlic knots delicious, the drinks, the entire meal was just what we were looking for. Awesome time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too saltyDocksideDined on 4/19/2014Both my chicken and my husband's steak were overly salty, neither of us finished our entrée, but brought it home with the expectation that a good rinse will reduce the salt taste. Also, I requested a "birthday dessert" surprise for my husband's birthday when I made the reservation through Open Table, which was not delivered to the table with our after dinner coffee. Why was it stated that we would get no points for this dinner, disappointing as it was?
- Great location, not good foodStephenDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I had high hopes, but was let down. Appetizers were OK, crabcake was soaked in a sauce, rather than just drizzled. My wife's casesar salad was subpar. Both of our dinners were nearly inedible. Chef has a HEAVY salt hand. I like my garlic and salt, but my steak frites were so salty and garlicy that I couldn't even eat them. Steak was not done the traditional way, cut in slices and fanned out, just one thick steak that was fatty and again, very salty. My wife's scallop dish was salty and sandy, hard to get down. We skipped dessert. Manager took my meal off, because I barely ate. My wife's, we paid for. Went to Ben and Jerry's had ice cream for dinner!Special Features:
- One Dock at the InnPHFactorDined on 3/22/2014Small dinning room so a noisy group can be disruptive. Food was good but limited since off season. Service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Season SerenityFoodAdventurerDined on 3/9/2014Kennebunk port is known as a Summer destination but, this WInter dinning trip proved its a ear round delight. We dined on a late Sunday afternoon. We were the first to arrive but, the dinning room quickly filled with locals feasting on the Sunday night special. It seamed that the interior of the Inn had just received a facelift and redecorating that was beautiful. The menu choices were just the right amount and very creative. I wished that I had more room to eat more! A must try. We will be back and soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Stop...car1167Dined on 3/7/2014One Dock had good drinks and food. The Bar area was cozy and the seating was extremely comfortable for bar stools. The food was great and the staff was friendly. Great place to put on the agenda for your trip to Kennebunport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Spotseabee1Dined on 3/2/2014We came up from Boston to get together with some friends from Augusta. This was a perfect location to meet for a drink and quiet conversation by the fire followed with a wonderful dinner. It happen to be restaurant week at this location and it being Sunday they also happen to have an "all you can eat" prime rib dinner that was superb. We plan to come again to Kennebunkport to continue to have this spot as our "meeting "location".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, Snowy EveningSWHPortlandDined on 2/15/2014We chose Dock One for a day after Valentine's dinner. Since heavy snow was predicted, the dining room was not filled. We drove down from the Portland area and were shown to a table facing the fireplace. Service was relaxed and friendly, nicely matched to our personality that evening! We shared a plate of superb oysters and a bowl of the lobster mac and cheese. The oysters were some of the best we've had - no sure of where they came from because we forgot to ask. The salads were excellent - an iceberg wedge and the special. Main courses were steak frites and the special venison, which was melt in your mouth tender. Small complaint was that there were not more main course choices, but that this a minor issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day SpecialbceagleDined on 2/14/2014We were at One Dock for dinner on Valentine's Day. Everything we had was delicious. The mussels in a blue cheese wine sauce were spectacular and the entrees, duck breast and seared scallops, were equally wonderful. The service was friendly and helpful. A terrific night all around, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Cozy and romantic with good foodParis0908Dined on 1/18/2014My husband and I had dinner at One Dock and overall, the food was good but not spectacular. I had the duck breast, which was tender and cooked to perfection, but the side that came with it, ramen noodles, seemed like cheap filler. That was disappointing. My husband had the scallops, which were large but bland, although the roasted corn that came with it was a tasty side dish. The service was good and the ambience is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.