One Caroline Street Bistro
1 Caroline Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
One Caroline Street Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.onecaroline.com/
- Phone: 5185872026
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Pedinotti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater events off premises with a customized approach designed specifically for your needs. We also do private parties at the bistro. We specialize in rehearsal dinners and small weddings.
- Entertainment: We feature the best local musicians nightly(8pm-11pm) the music is conversational jazz on most nights. It is a great spot to dine and enjoy music or enjoy the music at the bar One Caroline is quite popular on Wednesday nights as the chef owner performs with his band and has developed a large following. The music starts later on Wednesdays and go until midnight. There is impromptu dancing on Wednesdays!
- Special Events: Tuesdays! Happy Hour 5pm-7:30 we send out free appetizers from the kitchen and offer drink specials
- Cross Street: Broadway
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: There is long term parking on High Rock Avenue parking lot. From Broadway headed north take a right on Lake Avenue (one up from Caroline) go through the light and you will see parking on your left. You can always drop off guests at the Bistro and take a left at the stop sign go to the next light and you will see parking.
A word from One Caroline Street Bistro
The Pedinotti Family and Staff invite you to come and enjoy our wonderful environment where our mission is to bring together a special combination of Great Food, Wine and Music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One Caroline Street Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- One of Saratoga's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/20/2013Food was excellent. Chicken dish was outstanding. Nice portions--not giant. Appetizers and salads also well done. Service and ambience both very nice including music. Plan to go back!Special Features:
- Mixed ReviewSandyKDined on 7/19/2013OK, the 6 of us were seated and about 10 minutes later, we figured we'd leave because nobody stopped by our table. There was no manager in evidence, and there didn't seem to be anybody in charge of what was going on. The wait staff rushed by our table or took another route, so we weren't able to flag someone down. We finally flagged someone down and ordered our drinks. Although the food was very good, they screwed up 4 of the 6 dinners. Wrong sides with main course, One of our party asked if a dish was spicy, and was told NO. It was very spicy. They are not trained, don't know their menu, and can't get the orders right. We won't be going back.
- My favorite restaurant in SaratogaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2013I just love this place! Every meal I have here is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz up the local fareMontawaDined on 6/29/2013Great place to sit back listen to some live music and enjoy fabulous locally sourced dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine at CarolineTedMVIPDined on 6/28/2013Nice place to eat. Great food. Scallops and wild mushroom small plate is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply exceptional, variedHunterDined on 6/5/2013Simply exceptional, varied and interesting menus, great specials. Service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of my all timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2013This is one of my all time favorite restaurants. The food is outstanding, the staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. I have had dinner here countless times and never been disappointed. There are all kinds of specials, a Prix Fixe menu on some nights, and they recently added a pasta special on Sundays. My all time favorite dish is the Sticky Chicken. The food is fresh and flavorful, and the portions are just right. The salads are delicious and the presentation is lovely. Best of all, the ambience is comfortable and not at all stuffy. The bartenders are great too, and several times we have gone in and had a quick bite to eat at the bar. Their sister restaurant, Mouzon House, is also a great place!Special Features:
- Great service, Great Food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2013Great service, Great Food, Great Music. Worth a visit!
- Adirondack GemNotcookingtonightDined on 2/14/2013What a wonderful discovery we found in One Caroline Street Bistro. There was a marvelous guitar musician that played without a break during our dinner. This will definitely be our new "stopping for a meal" on the way to Lake George from Washington, DC for future treks.Special Features:
- Was a little cool & everytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Was a little cool & everytime the door opened there was a blast of cold air.Special Features:
- Fabulous Restaurant!CinzieVIPDined on 1/12/2013Fabulous restaurant.....has become one of our favorites!!!!.....
- Dinner & live Jazz!SaratogaLocalsDined on 1/4/2013You can't find better live music in Saratoga. I absolutely love the jazz. A swanky night out awaits you. The bar staff and wSit staff are super friendly. Food, of course, is excellent. Portions were just right.Special Features:
- It's All GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner on New Year's Eve, served to us by the owners' daughter who was visiting from Brooklyn for the holidays. We loved the ambience, the food, the music in the bar after we had dinner. I couldn't have been more pleased with our choice!Special Features:
- A perfect meal, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/30/2012A perfect meal, great service incredible music! we loved it!Special Features:
- billie holiday would like it here.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/3/2012We dined at this eatery for restaurant week. the food was good. the theme of the cuisine is New-Orleans style, and while it cannot compare with the real French Quarter, 1 CS comes close. the waiter, neil, was knowledgeable about the tasting notes of the beers on tap and he was attentive to any and all of our needs that evening.Special Features:
- The Best AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2012One Caroline continues to be the best restaurant in Saratoga. The food is delicious and changes seasonally. (The chef shops at the Farmers' Market every week, so you know it's local and fresh!) Great food, nice wine, good music, and a cozy feeling make One Caroline a winner every time.Special Features:
- Unique menu and outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Unique menu and outstanding service. The ambiance made for an enjoyable intimate dinner with live music in the background. The meals appeared pricey however expected due to the farm to table items. The sticky toffee pudding was one of the best desserts we've had recently.Special Features:
- What a lovely restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2012What a lovely restaurant. We were on a business trip and decided to eat at Caroline Street Bistro for dinner. We made a great decision because the ambiance, food, service, and location were divine. When we arrived there was a folk singer performing on the guitar (he had a great singing voice). We were seated immediately and told of the days specials, but what really bolstered our interest was the fact that the menu consisted of foods purchased from the local farms in the neighboring area. The food was the best I've eaten in a long time. I would revisit Caroline Street Bisto on my next trip to or through Saratoga Springs NY.Special Features:
- Sitting close to the frontOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2012Sitting close to the front will put you close to the band/musicians. If you are looking to have a conversation, ask for a seat a little further back. Small menu, but the items are great!Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Times in Saratoga!PennyDined on 9/1/2012What an outstanding evening! We were able to get a last minute reservation even though it was on a Saturday night but it didn't mean we were crammed in a corner. Our server made sure we were well attended even though we were a group of 6. The entire menu was completely and accurately described. Our server also knew all about everything on the menu, able to describe anything in exacting detail, which was very helpful to us in making our selections. It is a smaller restaurant, but that doesn't hamper the great food and service. From appetizer to dessert, all was perfect!Special Features:
- The menu has changed and wasUnhappyDined on 8/27/2012The menu has changed and was a bit more limited than usual. Food was good, but not as good as it has been. Live music was supposed to start at 7p and by the time we had left around 8:30 it had not started (despite being set up earlier). Not sure if there is something going on there that was not apparent.
- This was our 2nd time at OneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2012This was our 2nd time at One Caroline (1st time being Travers weekend 2009). We ended up going straight from track to our 7:00 reservations (forgot to make until last minute....). We had a delightful conversation with Beth at the bar - she and Chris (our waiter) took great care of us. Particularly when my husband asked to BUY our 2 red wine glasses so we could finish our wine (great Italian wine that Beth recommended!) on the veranda of the Arms where we were staying! Our food was WONDERFUL - my husband had the Jambalaya and I had the Sticky Chicken. We will definitely be back! Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- The food was delicious, aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2012The food was delicious, a definite find for us as we travel through the area frequently. The service was friendly and knowledgeable - we went with a lot of our servers recommendations - and they were all excellent picks. Look forward to a return visit!Special Features:
- Wonderful live music enhancesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2012Wonderful live music enhances the charming bistro ambiance. Friendly and helpful service was always present, but not hovering. The menu suggestion to try several small plates is a good idea as portions are healthy. Food has a great New Orleans/cajun feel with just the right amount of zippy spice. They've been here for 18 years and I hope they will be around for many more!Special Features:
- One Caroline truly is Number 1!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2012One is truly a gem! Competing against some first rate alternatives, we will make it our number 1 choice! The address is easy to remember, because it is Number One in Saratoga!Special Features:
- Would highly recommend! OurPeddlesDined on 8/13/2012Would highly recommend! Our new favorite restaurant in SaratogaSpecial Features:
- Restaurant had a bad night.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2012Restaurant was out of EVERYTHING on the daily specials menu. The waitress kept coming back to the table with "Bad News." Management really tried to fix the night for us, but they we're having a "REALLY BAD NIGHT." Jazz Trio was good, but the house was so noisy, I really could not hear them.Special Features:
- New Orleans Flair This restaurantBabsVIPDined on 8/10/2012New Orleans Flair This restaurant has locally farm grown vegetables, meats and food. The family owned and run business is a gem. We were met by a daughter at the door who explained the concept and the attention to detail was evident. The meat and cheese antipasti was excellent. Oysters, artichokes and salads were presented well and were delicious. We also enjoyed a fantastic chicken dish, ratatouille, yummy New Orleans style puff pastry, wines, drinks and dessert . The chef was delightful and the jazz band entertained us starting at 8:00. We had a great waitress who made delicious suggestions. All in all it was a great choice. I highly reccomend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Authentic Saratoga SpringsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Authentic Saratoga Springs Resto with talented musicians.Special Features:
- I frequent One Caroline StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2012I frequent One Caroline Street and in the 8 years I have been going there, this was the worst service I have ever had. The waiter did not take my complete order. My wife's hot appetizer came out 15 minutes before my cold salad. She was done before I even had mine. This has always been the place my wife and I go when we can get away. The service really ruined it.
- Next year when we are in SaratogaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2012Next year when we are in Saratoga we will return!!Special Features:
- The Below-Par BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012Food was unimpressive, tasteless and poorly presented. For example, two of the entrees (fish and prime rib) were plated with mushy and scant sides hidden beneath the fish and meat. A dinner salad was too small a portion and flavorless. Menu choices were not enticing.
- Can't say enough good stuffwishicouldeatoutmoreDined on 7/28/2012Can't say enough good stuff about the food, service, and atmosphere! What a place!Special Features:
- Saratoga during racing seasonOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/21/2012Saratoga during racing season can be hit or miss. One Caroline Street is definitely a hit. Fresh local produce cooked well and presented beautifully. Special shout out to the jazz trio playing Saturday. The pianist was a true inspiration to those of us not as young as we used to be.Special Features:
- Farm to table with Cajun flair.HowardVIPDined on 7/21/2012Farm to table with Cajun flair. Nothing bad on the whole menu.Special Features:
- Love this place!!LauraDined on 7/19/2012We have been several times and are never disappointed. Food is wonderful and fresh. Our waitress while very nice and efficient was almost rushing us. I was still eating my appetizer and she took the bread away? Also wanted my plate before I was through eating.Special Features:
- Romantic Jazz on a hot summer nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/14/2012Had a great time there & there was a wonderful jazz duo playing and the ambience was romantic; myself not being one for spicy food I had a hard time making selections,they had a great vegetarian lasagna which suited me fine; on the other hand my husband loves spicy food and found everything excellent! Good wine, friendly staff and again loved the jazz!!! Great location in the heart of Saratoga and on an extremely hot evening it was delightfully cool the whole night which really made for a comfortable dining experience!Special Features:
- I didn't expect much whenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/7/2012I didn't expect much when I went to this restaurant, but was very impressed with the food, service and fine dining experience. I would definitely return. I am not a fan of New Orleans flavors, but the food here was delicious.Special Features:
- My family and I had dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2012My family and I had dinner to celebrate my Dad's 70th birthday. The menu was exceptional and the service was cheerful and attentive without being overbearing in any way. This is how restaurants should be run. We also enjoyed Lee Shaw. Just a perfect dining experience!Special Features:
- Pleasant jazz music. VeryLoveatingDined on 6/9/2012Pleasant jazz music. Very good food and nice service.