1125 Boston Providence Turnpike
Norwood, MA 02062Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.onebistro.com/
- Phone: 8667819888
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am - Midnight Monday-Saturday: Lunch: 11:30am-4:00pm Monday-Thursday Dinner: 5:00pm-10:00pm Friday and Saturday Dinners: 5:00pm-11:00pm Sunday: Brunch 11:00am-2:30pm Sunday Dinner: 5:00pm-10:00pm Lighter Fair at bar: 10pm-11pm Reservations Recommended for Friday and Saturday Dinners
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Peter Dexter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: One Bistro is available for intimate parties, rehearsal dinners, birthday or anniversary celebrations, and any other special occasion that may arise. They have a full bar, an outstanding wine list, handicapped access and ample on-site complimentary parking.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Wilcox (781)255-3145
A word from One Bistro
A popular local favorite on Norwood's Route 1, One Bistro is both upscale yet affordable. Featuring beautifully lit contemporary decor and open kitchen energy, One Bistro offers original creations with a subtle French flair. From New England seafood and choice beef entrees to brick oven pizzas and daily pasta specials, Chef Dexter and Chef Lo perfect the art of casual fine dining. Also offering a comfortable lounge area that is perfect for an after work gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (31)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (23)romantic (20)great for lunch (20)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (16)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Very Good Menu BUT ...GretchenDined on 10/21/2014We were seated next to a VERY loud party of 12 - impossible to carry on a conversation with dining partner. On an previous visit a similar thing happened because of very loud guests watching a sporting event at the bar (which is part of the restaurant).Special Features:
- Excellent as always.KsNanaDined on 10/18/2014Food was very good, service was great. Prices have gone up since last visit, now on the high end of reasonable. First time there on a Saturday. don't think we'll do Saturday again. Definitely plan to return because the food is always so well prepared.Special Features:
- nice findBrooklineFoodieDined on 10/18/2014Food and service were just fine. We especially liked the crab cakes.Special Features:
- Sarah-downhill from years agoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014I was married here in 2006 at the Tiffany Ballroom. Periodically, my husband and I stay overnight to celebrate our anniversary. This past weekend, I took my mother and grandmother to One Bistro for brunch to celebrate their birthdays. First of all, I had called in the early a.m. to change our reservation from 8 to 5. Upon arrival we were still set up for 8 including a high chair not needed. My mom and grandma ordered coffee that was served ice cold! We did not even need a reservation as the entire restaurant was empty besides two other tables so why we were sat so close to them to barely here each other over the noise I have no idea. The Prime Rib Hash had barely any Prime Rib and the Crème Brule was cold. Other places it has been warm.Special Features:
- Special PlaceCyrrobVIPDined on 10/10/2014We dine here as well as brunch here only a few times a year because it is so special. Other restaurants we visit, which are not as nice as One Bistro get tiresome. When we decide to go here, we look forward to itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findfoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014I looked at opentable to find a lunch spot for a group planning to take a glass blowing together that morning i Norwood & One Bistro was the right spot!Special Features:
- Disappointed, won't be backCaseyTVIPDined on 9/30/2014We enjoyed our food but the place was so loud and service was not great. This is not an inexpensive place to eat and we had to ask for bread and we were nearly done eating when someone checked back to see if we were all set.Special Features:
- Excellent BrunchEconVIPDined on 9/28/2014The food is very good with a large number of choices. The service is excellent and the prices are quite reasonable given the high quality of the food.Special Features:
- great4dinnerDined on 9/27/2014Our dining experience was very nice. I've often been to One Bistro for lunch but not for dinner. We were seated quickly and the restaurant was quit busy. We waited a while to order but our waitress was pleasant and friendly. Our food was good but the rack of lamb my husband ordered was very good while my shells and lobster was mediocre. The Lobster didn't taste fresh. We shared a nice dessert. All in all, pleasant although I wouldn't order the same thing again.Special Features:
- Great MealDotMomDined on 9/26/2014We had the swordfish special and the cod. We felt that the fish was very fresh and the lobster risotto that came with the swordfish was yummy. One of our favorite items at the Bistro is the cranberry bread - a delicious treat. The bar was a noisy initially since folks were waiting for a wedding reception at the hotel to begin but was more pleasant after the loud crowd left. Glenda was very engaging as our waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerBarbVIPDined on 9/21/2014We went for the early bird special. The salmon was cooked perfectly, very tastey and moist, but the portion was a bit small compared to past visits. It came with a vegetable and rice, which they gladly substituted for a 2nd vegetable. The meal also comes with soup or salad and dessert. They were very accommodating to give us fresh fruit, rather than the cake or ice cream which are the early bird options.Special Features:
- TinaDined on 9/20/2014All in all this was a disappointing experience. Although two of us had very good meals, swordfish special and the short ribs., the other two were just ok. My $10 martini was returned twice before the excellent waitress took it back and made it herself. The hostess was a sour young girl with no personality. And there was no parking. Regardless of all this we had a fun night with good friends. The atmosphere is nice. But I doubt that I would drive 25 minutes to go there a third time.Special Features:
- Early bird try out just okay..bravogoodfoodDined on 9/18/2014We tried the early bird special. Salads were overdressed and soggy. Chicken marsala was salty, salmon was cooked nicely. Desserts are great.
- Special Occasion DinnerdinnerfortwoDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I recently visited One Bistro to celebrate our wedding anniversary and enjoy a relazing evening. We were taken in a timely fashion for our reservation, had a quiet booth in a relaxing environment. The menu was somewhat on the upscale side but well appointed with a number of selections. Most of the entree's were between $20 - $30 dollars. THe service was very good. We have been to One Bistro a number of times and have always enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014I was meeting with a couple old friends so I had asked for a booth that was quiet and out of the way. That is exactly what we got too! The waitress was very sweet and gave us a list of the specials they had for the day too. She was also very attentive to our needs! The food was delicious we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014I was debating between the buffet at Zachary's, also in the hotel or the ala carte breakfast at One Bistro. I spoke with one of the workers at the buffet and he recommended the One Bistro breakfast. I took that as a sign. The menu had everything you could ask for. My breakfast was incredible and my friend and I each ordered our own plates then split an order of cinnamon french toast. The servings were large and we left just as full as if we had been to a buffet but the quality of the food was ten times that of your standard buffet breakfast. The staff was friendly and my cup of coffee was always kept full. Next time you are at the Four Points in Norwood, skip the buffet and go to One Bistro. You will not regret it!Special Features:
- What changed?imopinionatedVIPDined on 8/30/2014I've had nice meals at One Bistro, but this was a very different experience. The service (Glenda) was fantastic--she was attentive and funny and her timing was great. But the food itself was abysmal. Our friends ordered two prime ribs--one rare and one medium--and both came back badly overdone. The response was "they were the last two cuts, so it's impossible to get them rare." OK--why not tell people that in advance? The steaks were covered in a sauce that killed the flavor of the meat, but perhaps that was the plan. Gnocchi were like lead and inedible. Delicious bread, however! Though the manager came over to ask how we were and they delivered a steak (quickly) in place of the overcooked prime rib, it didn't make up for the meal overall.Special Features:
- NHK ATLNHK1Dined on 8/27/2014Have been here several times. Food is always spot on. Service and greeting always on point. Servers run the gamut from wonderful (last visit) to needing to ask for everything (including "May I have my glass on wine I ordered") after the entree was delivered. We even had to ask for receipts for those who paid with cash-forget the fact no change was offered.Special Features:
- Lobster SpeciallobsterloversDined on 8/15/2014The summer lobster fest special was great. Baked stuffed lobster with scallops and shrimp in the stuffing, cooked just right. A nice value at $25 in a nice setting with excellent service.Special Features:
- Lobsterfest!!!ArtanisDined on 8/15/2014A very good deal for a 1.5 lb. baked stuffed lobster dinner. Server was quite good. Food was quite good. A very reliable spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a meal!Yume2Dined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed everything. Had the lobster fest and my husband had ocean stew, which was awesome. Can't wait to go back again. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just The Best!Lisa333Dined on 8/14/2014Honestly, One Bistro does everything fabulously.Took a friend for lunch and had a wonderful experience.Our server was pleasant and efficient.Had drinks and a bread within moments of being seated.She gave us ample time with the menu which has a nice variety to make anyone happy.Food is arranged on the plate beautifully with care and is always delicious. We got coffee after our lunch and even the coffee was great.After paying the bill,(such a value),my friend and I talked for a bit longer.Our waitress was so kind to ask if we wanted more coffee and we gladly accepted her offer.We both walked out of the restaurant talking about how much we enjoyed our lunch from beginning to end. Dinner & Brunch at One Bistro are great too.It's just the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Bistro consistent deliversSteveVIPDined on 8/11/2014We frequent One Bistro because it's always great. From the time we arrived, we were well treated and that continued to the time we walked out the door. The variety of drinks was extensive. Everyone completely enjoyed their dinners. We weren't harassed by televisions all over the place. We were allowed to relax and converse, when the meal was done, without anyone hovering.Special Features:
- early bird find!Bob64Dined on 8/11/2014One Bistro has a tasty and reliable full service menu located in a Four Points Hotel. We often dine there. This meal, from the "early bird" menu was delicious and excellent value!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but long wait with a resBruncherDined on 8/1/2014The food was quite fantastic, for $25 you get a huge lobster stuffed with crab meat, a bowl of amazingly chunky clam chowder, corn on the cob, potatoes, and 6-7 muscles. The muscles were a bit bland, could use some seasoning or a better sauce to soak in, but everything else was amazing. The only major problem we had was that we had a reservation at 7:30 and we didn't get seated until almost 8:00 pm, which threw a kink into the rest of our plans for the night. The problem was quite apparent as there were many other groups in the same boat as us, complaining that they had been waiting for a while even with a reservation. Our server was awesome though and brought us everything as quick as possible when we told her we were tight for time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Food was not hot sent it back (all 4 meals) had to keep pouring are own water.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014We had dinner on the patio. The server was attentive, food was wonderful. We were not rushed. The perfect way to end a beautiful summer day.Special Features:
- OI12greenDined on 7/25/2014The lobsters were flying out of the kitchen in to eager dinner's waiting plates and for good reason. What a bargain! My wife and I opted for other seafood dishes and were more than satisfied with the service, food and price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Our reservation was honored and on time. No wait for our table. Service was good. Lobster dish had other food piled on plate which was full of water and made use of plate difficult. They should separate vegetables from the lobster and serve them on another dish. Our server was very good, helpful and very attentive. A large group seated at the next table was very loud and annoying--making the dining experience less than enjoyable.Special Features:
- Lobster ManiaBabyBack2BillVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went to Friday nitghts Lobsterfest which we enjoyed thoroughly. It was a great meal and though busy the meal was not rushed, service excellent and setting divine. Go there quite frequently and seldom disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Food was fair at best - will try again though, service and ambiance was very good. The Friday night lobster special was what brought us in - lobsters were overcooked - but its understood for the mass quantity they are producing for the specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not up to parjustmeDined on 7/22/2014We have been to One Bistro a few times in the past. We live nearby. Unfortunately the other night it just was not that good. We ordered at 7:30 p.m. and received our meal at 8:25! That was just too long. The parmesan crusted chicken was coated with bread crumbs and really no parmesan and again it was not that good. There are many choices along route 1 and I just may make another selection next time unfortunately. The free dessert did not make up for the experience.
- Great DinnerBarbVIPDined on 7/20/2014We went for their early bird special, which was great. We both had the grilled salmon which was delicious! It came with choice of soup or salad and a desert. The service was great and we dined outside on the patio. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemBirthday719Dined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is well located on Route 1 in Norwood. The food selection and taste was beyond my expectation All employees were friendly and solicitous, although our server took longer than expected to return with the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat outsideDDoanDined on 7/11/2014We came there on time and they ask us if we want to seat outside ? (It's a beautiful day) and we said "why not?" and they asked to wait for them to set up a table. After a good 15' they said :everything is ready. It's a balcony there are 5 table which 3 occupied, the others 2 were not set up, food was every where from the table to the floor. Not mention that the floor doesn't clean enough for a "fine dining restaurant" - full of dust and old leafs. The waitress try to grap things as much as she can. When I asked " is there any table inside?" she explain because the previous guests were still there so there was no table, if we wanted to seat inside then we have to wait. My kids were hungry ( around 8:20 PM) so we had no choice.
- Back on TrackArtanisDined on 6/27/2014After 2 less than stellar experiences in a row here, this visit was back on track. Friday night Lobster Fest was packed. We were a few minutes early for our reservation and we were seated immediately. Server, Leanne, was excellent. Food was very good. Value was excellent.
- The following 587 reviews are from the One Bistro reviews archive.
- Attentive servicemaddieDined on 6/25/2014Although my sword fish was dry when it first came out, the manager quickly replaced my meal and returned a perfectly cooked dinner and provided complimentary desserts for our table of 4. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good for hotel rest.NomadVIPDined on 6/22/2014After a long hot day of sightseeing, needed a good restaurant close to where we were staying. Checked Opentable and found One Bistro. Did not realized it was in with Four Seasons hotel until we arrived. Our past experiences with hotel restaurants have not, in general, been good. Swordfish was 2 inches thick and cooked perfectly. So was the steak. Table bread was interesting and tasty. Entrees we ordered were great. Service and ambience were okay. Waitress was friendly enough, just needed to circle back a little more often. Negative points for failing to confirm our attendance with Opentable.
- One Bistro on a Saturday nightWeekendiner1Dined on 6/21/2014This restaurant does not get the press it deserves. I never hear much about it but when we dine there we enjoy consistently good upscale food. The ambience is perfect, good service, fancy without being pretentious. We dined with another couple, ordered four separate entrees and all four meals were perfect. We also had two appetizers and one dessert. And don't avoid the breadbasket. Tasty cranberry bread and a interesting looking roll I did not try. We all agreed to dine here more often. Because it is not a "hot spot", it was easy to get a reservation which is not always the case elsewhere on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinner FindNHK1Dined on 6/19/2014Glad I made a reservation. Even though it's located in a hotel, Thursday night was BUSY! Food portions were satisfying, preparation and taste were spot on! Service was not up to par-server could not answer questions or make recommendations for wine with the specials, could not add to descriptions of food on the regular menu, and was generally inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.