1125 Boston Providence Turnpike
Norwood, MA 02062Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.onebistro.com/
- Phone: 8667819888
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am - Midnight Monday-Saturday: Lunch: 11:30am-4:00pm Monday-Thursday Dinner: 5:00pm-10:00pm Friday and Saturday Dinners: 5:00pm-11:00pm Sunday: Brunch 11:00am-2:30pm Sunday Dinner: 5:00pm-10:00pm Lighter Fair at bar: 10pm-11pm Reservations Recommended for Friday and Saturday Dinners
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Peter Dexter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: One Bistro is available for intimate parties, rehearsal dinners, birthday or anniversary celebrations, and any other special occasion that may arise. They have a full bar, an outstanding wine list, handicapped access and ample on-site complimentary parking.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Wilcox (781)255-3145
A word from One Bistro
A popular local favorite on Norwood's Route 1, One Bistro is both upscale yet affordable. Featuring beautifully lit contemporary decor and open kitchen energy, One Bistro offers original creations with a subtle French flair. From New England seafood and choice beef entrees to brick oven pizzas and daily pasta specials, Chef Dexter and Chef Lo perfect the art of casual fine dining. Also offering a comfortable lounge area that is perfect for an after work gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (34)fit for foodies (25)romantic (21)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (19)great for brunch (18)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Excellent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/28/2014The food is very good with a large number of choices. The service is excellent and the prices are quite reasonable given the high quality of the food.Special Features:
- great4dinnerDined on 9/27/2014Our dining experience was very nice. I've often been to One Bistro for lunch but not for dinner. We were seated quickly and the restaurant was quit busy. We waited a while to order but our waitress was pleasant and friendly. Our food was good but the rack of lamb my husband ordered was very good while my shells and lobster was mediocre. The Lobster didn't taste fresh. We shared a nice dessert. All in all, pleasant although I wouldn't order the same thing again.Special Features:
- Great MealDotMomDined on 9/26/2014We had the swordfish special and the cod. We felt that the fish was very fresh and the lobster risotto that came with the swordfish was yummy. One of our favorite items at the Bistro is the cranberry bread - a delicious treat. The bar was a noisy initially since folks were waiting for a wedding reception at the hotel to begin but was more pleasant after the loud crowd left. Glenda was very engaging as our waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerBarbVIPDined on 9/21/2014We went for the early bird special. The salmon was cooked perfectly, very tastey and moist, but the portion was a bit small compared to past visits. It came with a vegetable and rice, which they gladly substituted for a 2nd vegetable. The meal also comes with soup or salad and dessert. They were very accommodating to give us fresh fruit, rather than the cake or ice cream which are the early bird options.Special Features:
- TinaDined on 9/20/2014All in all this was a disappointing experience. Although two of us had very good meals, swordfish special and the short ribs., the other two were just ok. My $10 martini was returned twice before the excellent waitress took it back and made it herself. The hostess was a sour young girl with no personality. And there was no parking. Regardless of all this we had a fun night with good friends. The atmosphere is nice. But I doubt that I would drive 25 minutes to go there a third time.Special Features:
- Early bird try out just okay..bravogoodfoodDined on 9/18/2014We tried the early bird special. Salads were overdressed and soggy. Chicken marsala was salty, salmon was cooked nicely. Desserts are great.
- Special Occasion DinnerdinnerfortwoDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I recently visited One Bistro to celebrate our wedding anniversary and enjoy a relazing evening. We were taken in a timely fashion for our reservation, had a quiet booth in a relaxing environment. The menu was somewhat on the upscale side but well appointed with a number of selections. Most of the entree's were between $20 - $30 dollars. THe service was very good. We have been to One Bistro a number of times and have always enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014I was meeting with a couple old friends so I had asked for a booth that was quiet and out of the way. That is exactly what we got too! The waitress was very sweet and gave us a list of the specials they had for the day too. She was also very attentive to our needs! The food was delicious we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014I was debating between the buffet at Zachary's, also in the hotel or the ala carte breakfast at One Bistro. I spoke with one of the workers at the buffet and he recommended the One Bistro breakfast. I took that as a sign. The menu had everything you could ask for. My breakfast was incredible and my friend and I each ordered our own plates then split an order of cinnamon french toast. The servings were large and we left just as full as if we had been to a buffet but the quality of the food was ten times that of your standard buffet breakfast. The staff was friendly and my cup of coffee was always kept full. Next time you are at the Four Points in Norwood, skip the buffet and go to One Bistro. You will not regret it!Special Features:
- What changed?imopinionatedVIPDined on 8/30/2014I've had nice meals at One Bistro, but this was a very different experience. The service (Glenda) was fantastic--she was attentive and funny and her timing was great. But the food itself was abysmal. Our friends ordered two prime ribs--one rare and one medium--and both came back badly overdone. The response was "they were the last two cuts, so it's impossible to get them rare." OK--why not tell people that in advance? The steaks were covered in a sauce that killed the flavor of the meat, but perhaps that was the plan. Gnocchi were like lead and inedible. Delicious bread, however! Though the manager came over to ask how we were and they delivered a steak (quickly) in place of the overcooked prime rib, it didn't make up for the meal overall.Special Features:
- NHK ATLNHK1Dined on 8/27/2014Have been here several times. Food is always spot on. Service and greeting always on point. Servers run the gamut from wonderful (last visit) to needing to ask for everything (including "May I have my glass on wine I ordered") after the entree was delivered. We even had to ask for receipts for those who paid with cash-forget the fact no change was offered.Special Features:
- Lobster SpeciallobsterloversDined on 8/15/2014The summer lobster fest special was great. Baked stuffed lobster with scallops and shrimp in the stuffing, cooked just right. A nice value at $25 in a nice setting with excellent service.Special Features:
- Lobsterfest!!!ArtanisDined on 8/15/2014A very good deal for a 1.5 lb. baked stuffed lobster dinner. Server was quite good. Food was quite good. A very reliable spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a meal!Yume2Dined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed everything. Had the lobster fest and my husband had ocean stew, which was awesome. Can't wait to go back again. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just The Best!Lisa333Dined on 8/14/2014Honestly, One Bistro does everything fabulously.Took a friend for lunch and had a wonderful experience.Our server was pleasant and efficient.Had drinks and a bread within moments of being seated.She gave us ample time with the menu which has a nice variety to make anyone happy.Food is arranged on the plate beautifully with care and is always delicious. We got coffee after our lunch and even the coffee was great.After paying the bill,(such a value),my friend and I talked for a bit longer.Our waitress was so kind to ask if we wanted more coffee and we gladly accepted her offer.We both walked out of the restaurant talking about how much we enjoyed our lunch from beginning to end. Dinner & Brunch at One Bistro are great too.It's just the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Bistro consistent deliversSteveVIPDined on 8/11/2014We frequent One Bistro because it's always great. From the time we arrived, we were well treated and that continued to the time we walked out the door. The variety of drinks was extensive. Everyone completely enjoyed their dinners. We weren't harassed by televisions all over the place. We were allowed to relax and converse, when the meal was done, without anyone hovering.Special Features:
- early bird find!Bob64Dined on 8/11/2014One Bistro has a tasty and reliable full service menu located in a Four Points Hotel. We often dine there. This meal, from the "early bird" menu was delicious and excellent value!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but long wait with a resBruncherDined on 8/1/2014The food was quite fantastic, for $25 you get a huge lobster stuffed with crab meat, a bowl of amazingly chunky clam chowder, corn on the cob, potatoes, and 6-7 muscles. The muscles were a bit bland, could use some seasoning or a better sauce to soak in, but everything else was amazing. The only major problem we had was that we had a reservation at 7:30 and we didn't get seated until almost 8:00 pm, which threw a kink into the rest of our plans for the night. The problem was quite apparent as there were many other groups in the same boat as us, complaining that they had been waiting for a while even with a reservation. Our server was awesome though and brought us everything as quick as possible when we told her we were tight for time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Food was not hot sent it back (all 4 meals) had to keep pouring are own water.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014We had dinner on the patio. The server was attentive, food was wonderful. We were not rushed. The perfect way to end a beautiful summer day.Special Features:
- OI12greenDined on 7/25/2014The lobsters were flying out of the kitchen in to eager dinner's waiting plates and for good reason. What a bargain! My wife and I opted for other seafood dishes and were more than satisfied with the service, food and price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Our reservation was honored and on time. No wait for our table. Service was good. Lobster dish had other food piled on plate which was full of water and made use of plate difficult. They should separate vegetables from the lobster and serve them on another dish. Our server was very good, helpful and very attentive. A large group seated at the next table was very loud and annoying--making the dining experience less than enjoyable.Special Features:
- Lobster ManiaBabyBack2BillVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went to Friday nitghts Lobsterfest which we enjoyed thoroughly. It was a great meal and though busy the meal was not rushed, service excellent and setting divine. Go there quite frequently and seldom disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Food was fair at best - will try again though, service and ambiance was very good. The Friday night lobster special was what brought us in - lobsters were overcooked - but its understood for the mass quantity they are producing for the specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not up to parjustmeDined on 7/22/2014We have been to One Bistro a few times in the past. We live nearby. Unfortunately the other night it just was not that good. We ordered at 7:30 p.m. and received our meal at 8:25! That was just too long. The parmesan crusted chicken was coated with bread crumbs and really no parmesan and again it was not that good. There are many choices along route 1 and I just may make another selection next time unfortunately. The free dessert did not make up for the experience.
- Great DinnerBarbVIPDined on 7/20/2014We went for their early bird special, which was great. We both had the grilled salmon which was delicious! It came with choice of soup or salad and a desert. The service was great and we dined outside on the patio. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemBirthday719Dined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is well located on Route 1 in Norwood. The food selection and taste was beyond my expectation All employees were friendly and solicitous, although our server took longer than expected to return with the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat outsideDDoanDined on 7/11/2014We came there on time and they ask us if we want to seat outside ? (It's a beautiful day) and we said "why not?" and they asked to wait for them to set up a table. After a good 15' they said :everything is ready. It's a balcony there are 5 table which 3 occupied, the others 2 were not set up, food was every where from the table to the floor. Not mention that the floor doesn't clean enough for a "fine dining restaurant" - full of dust and old leafs. The waitress try to grap things as much as she can. When I asked " is there any table inside?" she explain because the previous guests were still there so there was no table, if we wanted to seat inside then we have to wait. My kids were hungry ( around 8:20 PM) so we had no choice.
- Back on TrackArtanisDined on 6/27/2014After 2 less than stellar experiences in a row here, this visit was back on track. Friday night Lobster Fest was packed. We were a few minutes early for our reservation and we were seated immediately. Server, Leanne, was excellent. Food was very good. Value was excellent.
- Attentive servicemaddieDined on 6/25/2014Although my sword fish was dry when it first came out, the manager quickly replaced my meal and returned a perfectly cooked dinner and provided complimentary desserts for our table of 4. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good for hotel rest.NomadVIPDined on 6/22/2014After a long hot day of sightseeing, needed a good restaurant close to where we were staying. Checked Opentable and found One Bistro. Did not realized it was in with Four Seasons hotel until we arrived. Our past experiences with hotel restaurants have not, in general, been good. Swordfish was 2 inches thick and cooked perfectly. So was the steak. Table bread was interesting and tasty. Entrees we ordered were great. Service and ambience were okay. Waitress was friendly enough, just needed to circle back a little more often. Negative points for failing to confirm our attendance with Opentable.
- One Bistro on a Saturday nightWeekendiner1Dined on 6/21/2014This restaurant does not get the press it deserves. I never hear much about it but when we dine there we enjoy consistently good upscale food. The ambience is perfect, good service, fancy without being pretentious. We dined with another couple, ordered four separate entrees and all four meals were perfect. We also had two appetizers and one dessert. And don't avoid the breadbasket. Tasty cranberry bread and a interesting looking roll I did not try. We all agreed to dine here more often. Because it is not a "hot spot", it was easy to get a reservation which is not always the case elsewhere on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinner FindNHK1Dined on 6/19/2014Glad I made a reservation. Even though it's located in a hotel, Thursday night was BUSY! Food portions were satisfying, preparation and taste were spot on! Service was not up to par-server could not answer questions or make recommendations for wine with the specials, could not add to descriptions of food on the regular menu, and was generally inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeMeDined on 6/15/2014From service to meal - all outstanding - not your typical hotel restaurant. Definitely a great find in the burbs!Special Features:
- JudyDined on 6/15/2014Foods asted overwhelmingly of salt, completely overpowering the lobster in the frittata. Aioli seemed to be just mayonnaise.
- Difficult ReviewArtanisDined on 6/14/2014Tough review to write. Last time we were here the server was horrible and we were sent a gift card to make up for it. That was 6+ months ago and this was our first time back. Server was better than the last time but not at all attentive. Had to asked if there were specials and what they were and never refilled water glasses which were empty from when the food arrived. One of the "specials", swordfish over lobster risotto was a mixed bag. The swordfish was good but the risotto was luke warm to cold and there wasn't any sign of lobster in my serving. Server came around to ask if it was OK ( swordfish 2/3 gone) and replaced the risotto. Hot this time, still no trace of lobster. Server seemed to focus on tables that ordered liquor,we didn't.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed our meals here, despite the service that tailed off even as the restaurant got less busy. Our favorite dish was the grilled seasonal baby kale salad with pine nuts and an orange dressing -- great combination of salty grilled kale with the sweet topping. The white pizza was also very good, and the chocolate gelato dessert was yummy. If our waitress hadn't disappeared without any explanation for long stretches, our experience would have been even better. Still, we'll gladly come back here again.
- The following 579 reviews are from the One Bistro reviews archive.
- Average but good mealKathieFDined on 6/3/2014The restaurant is located in a hotel, which I wasn't expecting. I may have missed the information when I was making the reservation. Sat at the bar, had a pear martini. Very good. Bartender lacked some common courtesy, which I would explain, but there aren't enough characters allotted here to do so. We ordered Cod and Ribeye. The cod was a generous and a thick portion. The ribeye was thin but cooked well. The meals were tasty. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. It was a fine place to eat. I wouldn't go so far as to call it extraordinary. But I would recommend it.
- Reliably excellent.SELDOODVIPDined on 5/25/2014We are regulars and have NEVER been disappointed. Food is consistently great and staff are exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite SpotBlueIvyDined on 5/24/2014After going to the One Bistro for many years (off and on), my husband and I have to say (even though we have seen dinner menu items change from time to time) the dinner choices are becoming a little boring! More variety would be good, I guess. The Roasted Vegetable Tortellini was just okay, a little tasteless. My husbands favorite the Bistro Burger was just meh. He said "Boring". Maybe he has eaten it to many times. All and all we still love the Bistro, it's ambiance and it's employees! =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.