Newport, RI 02840Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hotelviking.com/
- Phone: (401) 848-4824
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00AM - 11:00AM; Afternoon Tea: 2:00PM - 4:00PM; Lunch Daily: 11:00AM - 3:00PM; Dinner Nightly: 5:30PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Thiele
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Outdoor catering available with certain seasonal restrictions.
- Private Party Facilities: Outside seating = 55 people Garden Room seating =35 people Main Dining Room = 55 people (all rooms are semi-private)
- Private Party Contact: Federico Luzzi 4018484874x
- Entertainment: Seasonal weekends on The Top of Newport.
- Special Events: Holiday Events, Spirits & Stogies (TON)
Patio receptions, planned wine dinners, chef's tasting menus, seasonal pre-fixe menu, limited dinner and lunch menus, custom menus created to suit guest and group needs. Enjoy!
A word from One Bellevue
Flavor and freshness define the boutique American dinner bistro that is One Bellevue. Experience modern culinary treasures of both land and sea on a healthy and inviting menu prepared by our talented Executive Chef Kevin Thiele. Attentive service, sophisticated surroundings, award-winning wine selections, creative cocktails and food infused with influences from around the world identify the feel of this One, unique, Rhode Island dining destination!” At One Bellevue, restaurant highlights include dual complimentary signature spreads at sit-down with warm artisan bread and un-salted butter as well as a monthly food specialty paired with a luscious selection from our advanced wine list. Chef Thiele’s Fresh-Made Pumpkin Tortelloni, Bouillabaisse Broth or Macadamia and Goat Cheese Crusted Lamb Rack Chops are just three of the delicious signature dishes available this spring.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
One Bellevue - Best Restaurants in Newport ›
One Bellevue reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (15)special occasion (12)great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (5)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent restaurant in a hotelGoodfoodVIPDined on 5/15/2013The food was great & the waiter Michael was terrific. We enjoyed everything we ordered The carrot-ginger soup was the best I've ever had !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2013One Bellevue restaurant in Newport RI lets one enjoy a classic dinner in a romantic and traditional setting inside the Viking Hotel. We celebrated my husband's and my daughter's boy friend's birthdays there with a delicious and beautifully presented dinner. The staff was all professionally and very nice. We enjoyed the experience very much! Thank you! gailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, service, ambiance excellentGuitars1Dined on 5/10/2013My wife and I loved this place. We came here on a visit to Newport last year, and loved it then. Came back again this year, and loved it even more. Best seafood chowder I've ever had, anywhere. But really, every dish was top-notch. And great ambiance - quite, tasteful, with attentive and perfectly-timed service. If we come to Newport nest year, we'll be sure to stop in here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJorgeDined on 5/4/2013Had a great dinner. Person that seated us was super friendly, even gave us a tip on a beach place to go see. Waiter (Michael) was also very friendly. Suggested veal appetizer tat was awesome. The manager came by 2x to see if everything was OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for normal restaurant foFrankDined on 5/4/2013Service from the kitchen was slow and then the food was cold . Had a steak of the night which was a very thin slab of beef. Couldn't taste the beef.. Better restaurants in the area.
- We have been to One BellevueLouisDined on 4/27/2013We have been to One Bellevue several times over the past 4 years. We had a great meal once, the other times were mixed. The last dinner was good everything was okay, I ordered the bacon wrapped filet, It was cooked perfectly but the meat seemed tough for a filet so I was disappointed. The side dishes were good I had a glass of house melbec, it was $15 a glass seemed a little expensive and not a very good melbec.Special Features:
- LovelybethebooDined on 4/14/2013We had breakfast here each morning, we were never dissatisfied and always left full. Our dinners here were fantastic with the best service, no matter what time of day. Bar is great with the best service and drinks you could want. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Food was excellent, service was good, would recommend for special occasion or a romantic date. Menu was pricey but the quality was worth it. Would recommend using the valet service for parking.Special Features:
- A bit expensive for the qualityjrkayriVIPDined on 4/13/2013A bit expensive for the quality of the food. Both the tuna app and entree were overcooked...the cod was very good, not great, and dessert choices were just so so for a high end hotel restaurant. Oh, my credit card was actually authorized twice for the same amounts and while they both posted to my account it was credited back to me, so all was good.
- Restaurant Week LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/13/2013We wanted to check out the list of Restaurant Week menu lunches and hit some of the more upscale places that we normally wouldn't go to. With the great deals of Restaurant Week, One Bellevue looked like a place to check out. I'll admit I didn't know it was within the Hotel Viking, so felt a little embarrassed walking around the building with my date. With pre-conceived expectations of Restaurant Week 3-course meals, we expected small portions. We were surprised at how large the soup, salad, pizza, and sandwich were, and equally amazed at how delicious it tasted. We had no choice but to bring home leftovers, but certainly weren't complaining.Special Features:
- newport resturant weekTableforfourDined on 4/6/2013Made reservations for two at 7:00...they seat us right next to a large pole in the center of the room on one side of table and the entance to kitchen on the other side..people in and out all nite..then a table of 20 people seated right next to us...all other tables empty..one waiter trying to do us and the other party...very loud band playing in bar area and the loud party of 20..u had to yell to talk..It was resturant week so the quality was awful..app we had tuna and it was so chewy..and dinner grass fed steak very tough and the worst dessert I ever got at at resturant was a scoop of Ice cream in a very large bowl with natella on top.... it was awful..never go backSpecial Features:
- We Ate Their 3/18 And 3/19.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2013We Ate Their 3/18 And 3/19. They Weren't Busy On 3/19 So We Were Just Seated And Did Not Mention That We Had Reservations. It Was Excellant!Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Service, atmosphere, and food were wonderful. Love the large windows and romantic atmosphere of One Bellevue. Food was wonderful and server was charming and not too intrusive. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Room, concierge, valet topOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Room, concierge, valet top notch! 1 Bellevue (for the sake of brevity I must be blunt) Wedding and lounge guitarist created an awful din. Waited and hour for our meal. No bread, Just noise. Next day, bride's family held court in sm dining room. No peace. (segregate them in the future) Federico and our server ABSOLUTELY saved the evening (my wife's 50th) They moved us to a somewhat quieter corner, took care of some of our meal then brought a b-day dessert to us. We will come again as long as they are still there. Otherwise I'd be very hesitant to eat there during a function. Hat's off to Fed and the wait staff that showed up. My wife loved High tea, head waiter was great. Everyone else needs a slap. Regards, Joe Wallace 617-777-8510
- Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013We dined at One Bellevue to celebrate our anniversary. We are both foodies, which is why we carefully reviewed the menu and shared everything we got so we both could experience the variety. We started off at the bar for a drink, made well with friendly staff. We were then seated in the dining room for dinner. Table for two, nice ambiance, small and quiet for the most part. Butternut squash soup, warm spinach salad, Scallop special, Sirloin steak and a bottle of Sterling Merlot. FANTASTIC! The flavor and taste of everything was cooked and prepared well. Absolutely no complaints...we would dine here again. There was even some live music in the bar that had us bopping our heads by the end of dinner. Wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Spouse and I loved the highOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Spouse and I loved the high quality food and wonderful service. Worth the price, easy comp parking.Special Features:
- Afternoon Tea/Breakfast BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2013This review is only for the afternoon tea and breakfast as we did not eat dinner here. Both the tea and breakfast were great! The afternoon tea was reasonably priced for a nice restaurant - you can add on champagne cocktails for an extra charge. The food was delicious - we particularly liked the scones with lemon curd. The ambiance at One Bellevue is lovely as well - very peaceful and relaxing. Both our server and the maitre'd (Dan) did a fantastic job - the service was impeccable. We also ate at One Bellevue for breakfast. We went with the buffet option, but they also have an ala carte menu. We really enjoyed the buffet as well - they had a delicious omelet station with lots of choices, and fantastic freshly baked goods!Special Features:
- One Bellevue serves consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2013One Bellevue serves consistently great food. I always bring out-of-town guests to One Bellevue and it never disappoints!Special Features:
- Visited the hotel in earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013Visited the hotel in early January for an off season get away. For dinner, the restaurant was not busy or crowded this time of year. The quality of the food was exceptional, featuring subtle layers of flavor with attention to texture and presentation. Knowledge and attentiveness of waitstaff was exemplary. Took waiter's recommendations on wine and was not disappointed. One of the better meals we have had. As for cost: three martinis, two glasses of wine, 2 special salads, crab cakes, one cod entree came to $124 before tip. Very reasonable for the quality of service and food. Breakfasts were good, but about average for upper end hotels.Special Features:
- One Bellevue is my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/17/2012One Bellevue is my favorite dining spot in Newport. Lunch or dinner - never disappoints. The food is outstanding both in taste and presentation and the service is the superb. Fabulous wine offerings and well-made drinks. You can't ask for more.Special Features:
- Great food. Main course arrivalJuliaDined on 11/16/2012Great food. Main course arrival was a little slow but I don't mind that very much in a restaurant like this. The band, however, was horrible. Too loud and Off key. Plus they used computer generated music like a karaoke bar. It rurned me off completely. How about a real bass player, pianist lr deummer. Lady Gaga is great at a dance club but at this location I wanted a jazz type of band. I do plan to visit the Viking again but will call first to find out about music. If it's anything like this I will pass. I did stay overnight and left the building after dinner in the cold to find real music just down the street. I had planned to hang out at the hotel bar but couldn't Tolerate the band or lack of talent.Special Features:
- Excellent menu, with well-executedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2012Excellent menu, with well-executed dishes. Service inattentive and slow the evening we dined there. At least 15 minutes lapsed between seating and the first time the waiter appeared so we could order drinks. Even then, I had to engage the maitre de first. That pretty much set the standard for the rest of the meal. The food was good, but the lack luster service and very noisy adjacent bar make it unlikely we'll eat there again.Special Features:
- Very good food. AttentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 11/3/2012Very good food. Attentive wait staff. Unfortunately pop music in the dining room (presumably piped in to drown out the din from the wedding in the adjacent ballroom) spoiled the ambiance.
- Went during restaurant week.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012Went during restaurant week. Best meal we've had for $30.00. The regular menu looked good and the dishes we saw from that menu were appealing. One advantage is the complimentary valet parking with dinner. Wine list was typical but pricey. Service was prompt, efficient and courteous. Will go back again when in Newport.Special Features:
- Empty room, still slow service?ChrisH3040VIPDined on 10/28/2012It would be unfair to base a trip to this restaurant on our experience. We dined here as Hurricane Sandy was beginning it's landfall. The place was deserted! Unfortunately, being the only couple there did not speed up the service at all. Perhaps the staff was glued to the weather reports? In any case, the food was good, we were in no hurry and the location was ideal. Would definitely recommend a visit here!
- Food and sevice was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Food and sevice was very good. Noise level terrible in the restaurant due to the table next to us. The couples next to ours did not know how to talk with their inside voice. Additionally, one red head waitress also seemed to yell when she spoke to her tables.Special Features:
- We were the only ones in theColoradoTasteBudsDined on 10/25/2012We were the only ones in the dining area for our whole meal (1100-1200) which was very nice except for the 15 minutes we had to stand outside for a false fire alarm.Special Features:
- The afternoon tea is incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012The afternoon tea is incredible! A must if you are in Newport. I am still drooling over the freshly made scones.Special Features:
- Elegant, historic,delightful!CMacVIPDined on 10/3/2012All around a very nice experience! Ask for Dan, extremely cordial... Great for a round table group ladies luncheon on the porch, indoors. Very good food! Moderate-Good prices.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2012The food was delicious but the service was bad. The crab cake appetizer was so tasty. The cod was cooked to perfection and the truffle Mac n cheese was heaven. The wait staff was not attentive for a moderately priced place in a beautiful hotel. They were not rude at all just lacking. If you can deal with bad service definetly eat here the food was fantastic and the atmosphere nice.Special Features:
- Excellent!!! The sirloinOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2012Excellent!!! The sirloin on the menu was the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Another fabulous dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2012Another fabulous dinner at One Bellevue. The new wine list is very extensive and sure to please any wine lover. Our waiter, Ryan, always hospitable and attentive, offered us several wine tastings before we selected a bottle. Sitting by the fireplace on the outdoor patio was perfect for a mid-September evening. Whether you're a local or a visitor to Newport, One Bellevue is a must.Special Features:
- extremely slow service evenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2012extremely slow service even when only 30% of tables occupiedSpecial Features:
- A very friendly and helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/4/2012A very friendly and helpful staff helped to make our dining experience enjoyable.Special Features:
- 2PM, restaurant to ourselves.docjDined on 9/2/20122PM, restaurant to ourselves. Waiter was attentive. Food was fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- the food was excellent. theLSBFoodieDined on 9/1/2012the food was excellent. the service was excellent, but would recommend that the waitstaff be able to describe every item on the menu.Special Features:
- Went with my son, at his request,nomdecenaVIPDined on 8/25/2012Went with my son, at his request, for lunch. Waiter was attentive and immediately brought coloring book and crayons, which was the reason the restaurant was requested. He enjoyed the kid's burger and I had the beer battered fish and chips with ample amounts of malt vinegar. I enjoyed dining on the redone patio with a nice cold glass of sauvignon blanc.Special Features:
- Again, perfection. This isOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2012Again, perfection. This is our go-to place in Newport.Special Features:
- I don't understand the goodsavoryeaterVIPDined on 8/18/2012I don't understand the good reviews of this restaurant. The food wasn't horrible but just mediocre. Fish and chips had mealy chips and the fish was okay but the batter was thick and greasy. Coleslaw was tasteless. Can't really recommend...
- One of Newport's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2012One Bellevue is always excellent, never disappoints. The food is delicious and portions are generous. Ryan is the best waiter on the planet. This is a must whether you live in Newport or are just here for a brief stay.Special Features: