153 Washington Street
Rocky Hill, NJ 08553Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.one53nj.com/
- Phone: 6099210153x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens at 5:00pm seven days a week.
Dinner is served:
Monday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties for up to 24 guests are comfortably accommodated in our wine cellar.
- Private Party Contact: Michaela Gravelle 609 924 1019x
- Special Events: Open for lunch on Thursdays and Fridays
25% Bottled Wine Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
A word from ONE 53
ONE 53 is 99 seats serving American/Euro Bistro cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere and features a seasonally changing menu. ONE 53, which received flattering reviews from the NYT, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, NJ Monthly and other local publications, combines local hospitality with traditional and contemporary dishes. ONE 53 uses only the best and freshest seasonal ingredients, a commitment its owners have delivered on for years at Lucy’s, their nearby market. ONE 53 features wines from around the world along with a full bar offering a variety of traditional and specialty cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
ONE 53 - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
ONE 53 reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (96)fit for foodies (79)special occasion (57)notable wine list (31)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (22)good for groups (18)romantic (17)great for lunch (17)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Husband & I had an impromptu date night and landed on ONE53! The entire meal was delicious!Special Features:
- Dinner summer sundayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014The griggfarm chicken with mac n cheese was the BEST chicken ive had in years. It was truely excellent and when can u say that about chicken. Scallops were also excellent. It was a much better meal than i remember from 6mmonths ago. Seems like they upped their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Princeton GemReneeVIPDined on 8/23/2014When you go to 153 for, you are guaranteed to have an amazing meal that is prepared with attention to detail, unique flavors and great taste. There is an enthusiasm that the other patrons have and the vibe is energetic and fun. It's not the restaurant that you go for a romantic dinner, but you will fall in love with the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014By far, one of my favorite restaurants in the Princeton area. Friendly, comfortable, always great food, and reasoanbly priced delicious wines. The staff knows their stuff -- just the right balance of friendliness and professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK - Not GreatLovetoEatVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was bland, not tasty. The drinks were creative. The tables are set close together so it is impossible to have a private conversation. The aura is casual - the prices were not. In fact, too pricey for this type of restaurant.
- Wow - just wow!TommyDined on 8/9/2014Our first visit to ONE 53 and we will surely be back. Famous for the shrimp & grits app and the double cut pork chop - and now we know why. Each was outstanding along with everything we ordered. Nice wine list and very attentive staff. A real gem!Special Features:
- Just WonderfulFoodieDined on 8/8/2014We just discovered One 53 and have now dined there 2x in the last 2 weeks...extraordinary in every aspect.Special Features:
- RAGEDined on 8/6/2014I enjoyed my meal the pork chop, my wife had salmon and was disappointed, thought it was to gourmet, we were both disappointed in the preparation of the softshell crab dish, the drinks and dessert and were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience every timeXFireDined on 8/6/2014As always, great atmosphere, friendly people, awesome staff and the food was great. We enjoyed the Kobi burgers and a great bottle of Zin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ltrinityDined on 8/5/2014Tables are too close together waitress and servers butt was always in my food and face or stepping on my toes. Too loud and bar crowd should be contained and not spill over to dining room.Special Features:
- Small with a Big TasteSkirschDined on 8/3/2014One 53 is not a large place, but it always has a crowd. The tables are very close together, so this is not a place if you are looking for quiet or privacy. The staff is friendly, service is good and the food is full of wonderful flavors. The menu isn't very large, but there is something for almost everyone. I would not recommend this restaurant for younger children. I will visit this restaurant again in the future.Special Features:
- Sweet spotFiskarDined on 8/1/2014One53 is a reliably great place to have dinner. The ambiance is convivial, making it our go-to place with friends. Varied menu and good food.Special Features:
- Best food, very noisy enviromentDrBsreviewsVIPDined on 8/1/2014One 53's food is amazing. So good we keep going back. Downside is how noisy it is. The tables are pretty well packed together and the acoustics seem to bounce and amplify the noise; the wait staff has to bend down to hear you. Great place for an excellent meal, so I highly recommend it. 5 stars if not for the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalGreenVIPDined on 7/27/2014The food is exceptional. I love escargot and have had it many places in the area. No one compares to One-53. They are fresher and the sauce is great. The bread is outstanding too and the combination was fabulous. Staff has always matched the quality of the food in terms of service and knowledge of the dishes served.Special Features:
- CarolDined on 7/23/2014Always delicious and enjoyable! Farm to table emphasis. Fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- Summertime BountyTulanearchiVIPDined on 7/22/2014Delicious soft shell crabs 2 ways, we enjoyed both...one over pasta one on its own with fries and greens. The new jalapeno margarita was spicy but also well worth trying. Pimms cup was fine too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Food and service is amazing in this little neighborhood restaurant! Better than any of the more well known Princeton restaurants.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantJuliaDined on 7/18/2014One53 is my first choice for dinning out. The food is good, fresh and creative. Great drinks and the service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 7/16/2014We were enticed back to One53 by the Bastille Day menu. We like the restaurant but find it too expensive in comparison with other fine dining in Princeton, NJ. The sweetbreads and steak au poivre were fine and the french fries were excellent. The bouillabaisse lacked the flavor of fennel and saffron but other than that was fine. We decided to splurge on a dessert and alas the profiteroles were stale. The chocolate sauce however was superb. We wish there had been "vin ordinaire." The prices for a glass of wine are way too high. One last praise: packaging for the leftover steak was in a recyclable paper container. Much appreciated.Special Features:
- Absolutely fantastic!SuzyQDined on 7/9/2014Our daughter and some friends had dinner here a little while back and told us we had to go. Everything about our dinner experience was great. Our server was perfect - knowledgeable about food and wine served, helpful with decision making. Fantastic menu. Beautiful presentation of all appetizers and dinners. Cheese plate amazing. Crab chowder full with crab, hot oil a perfect touch. Pork chop melt in your mouth. Pound cake ice cream sandwich perfect finishing touch. Looking forward to going back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedAndrea50Dined on 7/8/2014There's no privacy in the restaurant. The tables are very close to each other. Mixed drinks were awful the food was fair. The bill was very high for what we ate. I would not go back.
- Exceptional dining experience!TerryDined on 7/5/2014My compliments to the chef in this NYC Style restaurant. Exceptional fresh food, drinks & service. I can not wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartender wrist is brokenez2pleezVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food is quite tasteful and inventive, but certainly a bit overpriced for what it is. Atmosphere is nice. However, the cocktails are stingy. Nicely made and presented, but small size, high price and dare I say..... was there any alcohol in them? I'm sure it must have been an injury to the bartender which prevented him/her from lifting that heavy bottle..... This restaurant thinks it is comparable to fine dining in NY, but it is simply a very nice local place with a creative flair. Value proposition is weak here.
- EnjoyableFood123Dined on 6/28/2014The service and food was fabulous. Our request for a quiet table was honored. Will happily return.Special Features:
- Good, as alwaysJerseyGirlDined on 6/27/2014Love the seasonal menu, really enjoyed the apps, drinks, and dessert. Very tasty fish and risotto entrees. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Good food and a neighborhood gem. My wife and I do question the high prices for what you get. Drinks are expensive and glass sizes of the margarita and featured vodka drinks are small. My wife and I shared an appetizer, each had our own featured entre, and 3 drinks in total between us. No dessert. With tip, the total bill was $130. Seemed to be a bit too much for what we received. There should be a minimum attire expectation. Man next to me at nearby table wore his baseball cap throughout dinner. A woman at a near-by table looked as though she was gardening at her home before coming to dinner. My wife and I were business casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/27/2014The food was excellent; fresh and delicious. Good service, nice wine offerings. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to One53...ArthurJacobVIPDined on 6/26/2014Another really lovely dinner at a local favorite - we always have a nice time there but for some reason, maybe our very adept waiter, Nick, or the food, just made it better. I am glad they've kept their standards high. My only quibble is I wish they served the bread with olive oil and seasonings, We find the white bean (?) dip a bit, well, meh.Special Features:
- KimberlyDined on 6/26/2014As we discuseed with the waiter, we were VERY DISAPPOINTED with the Lobster Rolls. The lobster didn't taste like lobster, it appeared to be soaked in water and was mushy. It was drenched in runny, tasteless mayonnaise. If it wasn't for the cucumbers, there would've been no flavor at all. I got much less lobster on my roll than my lunch date got on hers. After receiving emails featuring the Lobster Roll for 2 years and finally getting to be able to get there for lunch, we left feeling very let down. I don't think there is much ambience, especially at dinner b/c the tables are on top of each other and the noise level would be overwhelming. At lunch, there was a salesman at another table and I heard his presentation loud & clear.Special Features:
- Great experienceAnonymousDined on 6/20/2014Had a great dinner. All the food we had was great...from the stuffed squash flowers to dessert. For main meal had the scallops and flat iron steak. Both were cooked perfectly. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemfoodyDined on 6/20/2014I've eaten here 4-5 times. The food is always great. My favorite is the double pork chop, blackened, moist and delicious. Tables are a bit too close, but they added valet parking which makes the overall experience much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceGravisDined on 6/20/2014One 53 can be expected to be memorable, but the last experience tops them all. Our server mentioned that soft shell crabs were "available." And, when I ordered them, he offered two preparations; I passed on the pasta choice and selected the whole crabs with fries. Let's just say that I've never had better soft shells. They were almost so memorable as to reduce the impact of the excellent octopus appetizer. My wife was equally impressed by her selections. We can hardly wait until our next visit to One 53.Special Features:
- Rob54Dined on 6/18/2014the tables are really close to each other, so not much privacySpecial Features:
- kjaraxDined on 6/18/2014Notable for a varied and interesting menu. Great fried chicken!Special Features:
- A last miunute choiceOne2eatwithDined on 6/15/2014They don't open till 5:00PM and don't believe the web site the bar does not open 30 minutes early. So best to not arrive on time or book a later reservation. That aside the food was very good, beer selection short, but stocked bar and good selection of single malts. Service was very good and quite knowledgeable with how the food is prepared. It was little pricey for the overall experience but I would go back again.Special Features:
- Consistently good.welive2eatDined on 6/15/2014Once again, we were more than satisfied with our meal at One 53. The server was very pleasant, and knowledgeable. The runners and other ancillary staff also very nice, and very efficient. The food was delicious! The aroncini were melt-in-your mouth delicious. The zucchini blossom special was very good. Only thought about those would be that it should have been made clear how big they'd be! Very filling. Minor issue--one of us ordered a strip steak, medium-well, and it was pretty much beyond well. Overall, though, from drinks to coffee and dessert, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianeDined on 6/14/2014Fabulous as usual!!! We had a great meal and great time!Special Features:
- MenuGregDined on 6/14/2014Excellent seasonal menu and Bars specials. Always delighted with this location ech time we dine.Special Features:
- Great find..Great food!eMaxVIPDined on 6/13/2014Odd location, between a row of houses.. but didnt matter.. great atmosphere, modern/earthy look. We ordered the deviled eggs appetizer, grass fed strip steak, and artic char with goat cheese, mac and cheese for the side, and it was all very good. Dessert we ordered "almond joy" sorbet via the bent spoon, and chocolate soufflé.. it was all fantastic. We will easily return as there were many other tasty items on the menu we did not get to try.Special Features:
- Always PerfectMasifixieDined on 6/8/2014My husband and I dine at One53 a few times a month, sometimes alone and sometimes with friends, sometimes at the bar and sometimes seated (which usually requires advanced planning for the reservation). The food, the service, the vibe are all just right. The prices are such that you can go again and again, and their are options for all most budgets. For example, the One53 burger and the chicken Milanese, plus a small bite to start, and a bottle of cabernet is a wonderful weeknight treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.