153 Washington Street
Rocky Hill, NJ 08553Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.one53nj.com/
- Phone: 6099210153x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens at 5:00pm seven days a week.
Dinner is served:
Monday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties for up to 24 guests are comfortably accommodated in our wine cellar.
- Private Party Contact: Michaela Gravelle 609 924 1019x
- Special Events: Open for lunch on Thursdays and Fridays
25% Bottled Wine Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
A word from ONE 53
ONE 53 is 99 seats serving American/Euro Bistro cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere and features a seasonally changing menu. ONE 53, which received flattering reviews from the NYT, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, NJ Monthly and other local publications, combines local hospitality with traditional and contemporary dishes. ONE 53 uses only the best and freshest seasonal ingredients, a commitment its owners have delivered on for years at Lucy’s, their nearby market. ONE 53 features wines from around the world along with a full bar offering a variety of traditional and specialty cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
ONE 53 - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
ONE 53 reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (98)fit for foodies (88)special occasion (55)notable wine list (34)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (24)romantic (17)great for lunch (13)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- You should try One53OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/21/2014I have been to One53 several times and have never been disappointed until this last time. My disappointment lies in the meager portion of the quite excellent Mac N Cheese that comes with the Grilled Chicken and Mac N Cheese. In addition, the chicken was overly spiced with something that did not appeal. Overall this is a fantastic neighborhood gem that we will keep going back too and I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014I went here with my wife after we passed the restaurant on a Tuesday evening and saw a packed parking lot. We decided to go to dinner and had a sampling of the appetizers - all were delicious. Most notably, the chef had a deft hand and knew when to use restraint with strong flavoring components. All and all great night out - would highly recommned to anyone.Special Features:
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/19/2014Wonderful food. Nice atmosphere. Great service! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- ptownfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Each visit surprises you with menu additions that include innovative selections executed extremely well. Staff is personable, knowledgeable and attentive. This restaurant does not disappoint!Special Features:
- ExcellentGallantDined on 9/13/2014We had a great meal and a wonderful evening. The service was also very good. We will definitley come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!TLFarinoDined on 9/7/2014Was curious about this place because it was down the street from my favorite pub and I'm so glad we tried it! Love the food and the selection of drinks. Small inside so make a reservation but very nice and the service was great. We went on a Saturday night and it was kind of loud and we went again on a Sunday right after they opened and it was very quiet. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & Inventive CuisineUlteemitVIPDined on 9/4/2014My wife, business colleague and I enjoyed an excellent meal at One 53 on a recent Thursday evening. My seared flounder was perfectly cooked and seasoned, and my wife raved about her scallops. The Sancerre by the glass was great, as was the beer list, that included a lot of microbrews. The Blueberry Galotte tart was delightful, and the cheese and nut plate a nice finish to a fine dinner.Special Features:
- Our go to placefasionablefoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014We have been going to 153 since their doors first opened. The staff is committed to providing great food and service and making their patrons feel welcome and appreciated. 153 has a New York city vibe with a neighborhood feel. A special shout out to Craig, bartender extraordinaire! And to everyone at 153 that keeps us coming back year after year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014One53 neighborhood gem indeed with excellent food.Special Features:
- Great as always2goodVIPDined on 8/31/2014We're coming to this place frequently and we've never been disappointed. Food great, service great, we just feel welcomed. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed (second time)lobsterlvrDined on 8/31/2014We've been to ONE 53 several times in the last few years and loved it. A while back we went and it was 'okay'. We went again on Sunday and it was completely forgettable. The food was tasteless. My wife's breaded chicken and my $32 salmon had zero flavor. The 'greens' served with my salmon were 4 radish slices and a schmeer of tasteless pea-paste. The potatoes that came with it were equivalent to one soggy McDonald's french fry buried under the tasteless salmon. (At least I think they were potatoes!) Oh, and the BLT-kabobs and the shrimp and grits we had as appetizers...equally tasteless. The wine was great. The waiter was FANTASTIC. But neither can make up for four (!) different selections that failed to deliver ANY flavor whatsoever.
- fantastic local fareJCranburyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everything that I've ever had here is great. The chicken & truffle ravioli I had was outstanding. The night before, I went to a well-known Manhattan restaurant and One 53 exceeds them on all counts.Special Features:
- Great Meal!Kat26Dined on 8/27/2014Husband & I had an impromptu date night and landed on ONE53! The entire meal was delicious!Special Features:
- Dinner summer sundayFlyboyDined on 8/24/2014The griggfarm chicken with mac n cheese was the BEST chicken ive had in years. It was truely excellent and when can u say that about chicken. Scallops were also excellent. It was a much better meal than i remember from 6mmonths ago. Seems like they upped their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Princeton GemReneeVIPDined on 8/23/2014When you go to 153 for, you are guaranteed to have an amazing meal that is prepared with attention to detail, unique flavors and great taste. There is an enthusiasm that the other patrons have and the vibe is energetic and fun. It's not the restaurant that you go for a romantic dinner, but you will fall in love with the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014By far, one of my favorite restaurants in the Princeton area. Friendly, comfortable, always great food, and reasoanbly priced delicious wines. The staff knows their stuff -- just the right balance of friendliness and professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK - Not GreatLovetoEatVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was bland, not tasty. The drinks were creative. The tables are set close together so it is impossible to have a private conversation. The aura is casual - the prices were not. In fact, too pricey for this type of restaurant.
- Wow - just wow!TommyDined on 8/9/2014Our first visit to ONE 53 and we will surely be back. Famous for the shrimp & grits app and the double cut pork chop - and now we know why. Each was outstanding along with everything we ordered. Nice wine list and very attentive staff. A real gem!Special Features:
- Just WonderfulFoodieDined on 8/8/2014We just discovered One 53 and have now dined there 2x in the last 2 weeks...extraordinary in every aspect.Special Features:
- RAGEDined on 8/6/2014I enjoyed my meal the pork chop, my wife had salmon and was disappointed, thought it was to gourmet, we were both disappointed in the preparation of the softshell crab dish, the drinks and dessert and were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience every timeXFireDined on 8/6/2014As always, great atmosphere, friendly people, awesome staff and the food was great. We enjoyed the Kobi burgers and a great bottle of Zin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ltrinityDined on 8/5/2014Tables are too close together waitress and servers butt was always in my food and face or stepping on my toes. Too loud and bar crowd should be contained and not spill over to dining room.Special Features:
- Small with a Big TasteSkirschDined on 8/3/2014One 53 is not a large place, but it always has a crowd. The tables are very close together, so this is not a place if you are looking for quiet or privacy. The staff is friendly, service is good and the food is full of wonderful flavors. The menu isn't very large, but there is something for almost everyone. I would not recommend this restaurant for younger children. I will visit this restaurant again in the future.Special Features:
- Sweet spotFiskarDined on 8/1/2014One53 is a reliably great place to have dinner. The ambiance is convivial, making it our go-to place with friends. Varied menu and good food.Special Features:
- Best food, very noisy enviromentDrBsreviewsVIPDined on 8/1/2014One 53's food is amazing. So good we keep going back. Downside is how noisy it is. The tables are pretty well packed together and the acoustics seem to bounce and amplify the noise; the wait staff has to bend down to hear you. Great place for an excellent meal, so I highly recommend it. 5 stars if not for the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalGreenVIPDined on 7/27/2014The food is exceptional. I love escargot and have had it many places in the area. No one compares to One-53. They are fresher and the sauce is great. The bread is outstanding too and the combination was fabulous. Staff has always matched the quality of the food in terms of service and knowledge of the dishes served.Special Features:
- CarolDined on 7/23/2014Always delicious and enjoyable! Farm to table emphasis. Fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- Summertime BountyTulanearchiVIPDined on 7/22/2014Delicious soft shell crabs 2 ways, we enjoyed both...one over pasta one on its own with fries and greens. The new jalapeno margarita was spicy but also well worth trying. Pimms cup was fine too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Food and service is amazing in this little neighborhood restaurant! Better than any of the more well known Princeton restaurants.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantJuliaDined on 7/18/2014One53 is my first choice for dinning out. The food is good, fresh and creative. Great drinks and the service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 7/16/2014We were enticed back to One53 by the Bastille Day menu. We like the restaurant but find it too expensive in comparison with other fine dining in Princeton, NJ. The sweetbreads and steak au poivre were fine and the french fries were excellent. The bouillabaisse lacked the flavor of fennel and saffron but other than that was fine. We decided to splurge on a dessert and alas the profiteroles were stale. The chocolate sauce however was superb. We wish there had been "vin ordinaire." The prices for a glass of wine are way too high. One last praise: packaging for the leftover steak was in a recyclable paper container. Much appreciated.Special Features:
- Absolutely fantastic!SuzyQDined on 7/9/2014Our daughter and some friends had dinner here a little while back and told us we had to go. Everything about our dinner experience was great. Our server was perfect - knowledgeable about food and wine served, helpful with decision making. Fantastic menu. Beautiful presentation of all appetizers and dinners. Cheese plate amazing. Crab chowder full with crab, hot oil a perfect touch. Pork chop melt in your mouth. Pound cake ice cream sandwich perfect finishing touch. Looking forward to going back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedAndrea50Dined on 7/8/2014There's no privacy in the restaurant. The tables are very close to each other. Mixed drinks were awful the food was fair. The bill was very high for what we ate. I would not go back.
- Exceptional dining experience!TerryDined on 7/5/2014My compliments to the chef in this NYC Style restaurant. Exceptional fresh food, drinks & service. I can not wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartender wrist is brokenez2pleezVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food is quite tasteful and inventive, but certainly a bit overpriced for what it is. Atmosphere is nice. However, the cocktails are stingy. Nicely made and presented, but small size, high price and dare I say..... was there any alcohol in them? I'm sure it must have been an injury to the bartender which prevented him/her from lifting that heavy bottle..... This restaurant thinks it is comparable to fine dining in NY, but it is simply a very nice local place with a creative flair. Value proposition is weak here.
- EnjoyableFood123Dined on 6/28/2014The service and food was fabulous. Our request for a quiet table was honored. Will happily return.Special Features:
- Good, as alwaysJerseyGirlVIPDined on 6/27/2014Love the seasonal menu, really enjoyed the apps, drinks, and dessert. Very tasty fish and risotto entrees. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Good food and a neighborhood gem. My wife and I do question the high prices for what you get. Drinks are expensive and glass sizes of the margarita and featured vodka drinks are small. My wife and I shared an appetizer, each had our own featured entre, and 3 drinks in total between us. No dessert. With tip, the total bill was $130. Seemed to be a bit too much for what we received. There should be a minimum attire expectation. Man next to me at nearby table wore his baseball cap throughout dinner. A woman at a near-by table looked as though she was gardening at her home before coming to dinner. My wife and I were business casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/27/2014The food was excellent; fresh and delicious. Good service, nice wine offerings. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to One53...ArthurJacobVIPDined on 6/26/2014Another really lovely dinner at a local favorite - we always have a nice time there but for some reason, maybe our very adept waiter, Nick, or the food, just made it better. I am glad they've kept their standards high. My only quibble is I wish they served the bread with olive oil and seasonings, We find the white bean (?) dip a bit, well, meh.Special Features: