153 Washington Street
Rocky Hill, NJ 08553Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.one53nj.com/
- Phone: (609) 921-0153
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens at 5:00pm seven days a week.
Dinner is served:
Monday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties for up to 24 guests are comfortably accommodated in our wine cellar.
- Private Party Contact: Michaela Gravelle 609 924 1019x
- Special Events: Open for lunch on Thursdays and Fridays
25% Bottled Wine Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
A word from ONE 53
ONE 53 is 99 seats serving American/Euro Bistro cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere and features a seasonally changing menu. ONE 53, which received flattering reviews from the NYT, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, NJ Monthly and other local publications, combines local hospitality with traditional and contemporary dishes. ONE 53 uses only the best and freshest seasonal ingredients, a commitment its owners have delivered on for years at Lucy’s, their nearby market. ONE 53 features wines from around the world along with a full bar offering a variety of traditional and specialty cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
ONE 53 - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
ONE 53 reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (98)fit for foodies (96)special occasion (55)notable wine list (49)vibrant bar scene (35)good for groups (31)hot spot (31)romantic (25)great for lunch (10)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- One Five Three really shines.BassmanDined on 11/15/2014This was our first visit to One Five Three and it won't be the last. Starting with the valet parking staff, everyone was very friendly and focused on delivering a first class dining experience. We shared a cheese plate and each selection was wonderful. Instead of entrees, we decided to split three side dishes and all were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceSandykDined on 11/8/2014Great food, nice ambiance...hip and upscale...we loved the grilled Caesar salad and the pork chop...looking forward to a return visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service awesomeJonBruDined on 11/7/2014Small croweded resturant make sure you definitely have reservations. The food appetizers main course dessert everything was awesome definitely coming back just for the food. Definitely pricey but you get what you pay for here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!NJPeanutDined on 11/6/2014The food was outstanding with local and seasonal favorites on the menu. The pumpkin creme brûlée, chocolate bread pudding and pound cake ice cream desserts were phenomenal.Special Features:
- Terrific as usualBobTVIPDined on 11/6/2014Still the best place in Princeton. Great food prepared right, consistently. Go there....Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Quote of the night, "the best meal I have ever had". So said my wife. I think the combination of the food choices the wine and the service, provided a perfect combination in the right proportions, to elicit that comment. I recommend this place to everyone. ThasnksSpecial Features:
- Great for Lunch says itLovetoEatVIPDined on 10/31/2014We had lunch here - and it was perfect. The Grilled Cheese menu was great. Just enough food. It did get a bit noisy as the restaurant filled and we were happy we arrived early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, moderate foodvuchaDined on 10/28/2014Nice decoration, good bar, overall very friendly and pleasant atmosphere. Food is not bad neither good, unremarkable and flat. I would probably come back for a drink in the bar there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun dining experience!MC173VIPDined on 10/24/2014Superb food. Good cocktails. Inventive menu. Helpful staff. Worth many repeat visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsdineoutVIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I are frequent One 53 whenever we have a special occasion to celebrate like an anniversary or birthday. We've never had a bad meal there, and the staff is always attentive and friendly. The whole dining experience is one of the best in the area. We highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!HopewellFoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2014Love One53's 25% off wine special on Monday through Wednesdays. Definitely one of our top picks - management does a great job of acquiring, training, and maintaining talented staff. Service is exceptional, so is the food, and we love the special cocktail menu. We have used their wine room for a family event, and recommend that as well.Special Features:
- Excellent farm to tableJCKADined on 10/15/2014Menu varies with the season to take advantage of the freshest ingredients. Everything from the fresh grilled fish to hearty meals like the braised ribs is carefully prepared. Good selection of wine pairings at reasonable prices. Extremely professional and friendly servers. A little pricey overall for the suburbs but worth every penny. Save room and budget for dessert!Special Features:
- Off nightFiskarVIPDined on 10/10/2014We've eaten at One54 before. Our most recent meal a few of the items were bland. Others were quite good. I'm sure we'll go back.Special Features:
- Truffles were great!MC173VIPDined on 10/9/2014Superb food. Inventive menu. Helpful staff. Worth returning to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 10/5/2014Attentive, unobtrusive service, especially by the server replenishing our water. Food was beautifully presented. Portions were the perfect size,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Princeton favOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/4/2014Since the night they opened, One 53 has been our long time, local fav. Frequently changing menu and great service keeps us coming back. Wine cellar is well stocked with many gems. We look forward to our next dinner here.Special Features:
- Great FindOliveDined on 10/3/2014Loved everything. Just wished the tables weren't so close together. Not a romantic spot for 2!Special Features:
- Exceptional!TonyClineDined on 9/27/2014Fantastic experience, outstanding food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableSkybyrdDined on 9/26/2014Ann & I have enjoyed this neighborhood gem for years and they have been consistently good. The bench seating on the far side of the room is very tight; good for shared conversation with adjacent diners if that's your interest but impossible for privacy.Special Features:
- hardsellDined on 9/25/2014The noise level choices are inadequate,,,energetic does not describe "noisy", which it was. As stated, food and service was terrific. A little cramped, too many tables in a small space; could never be called romantic. Impossible to have a quiet meal and conversation, especially on a special occasion. Having said that, it is still a great place to dine if you know what to expect re ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You should try One532citygirlVIPDined on 9/21/2014I have been to One53 several times and have never been disappointed until this last time. My disappointment lies in the meager portion of the quite excellent Mac N Cheese that comes with the Grilled Chicken and Mac N Cheese. In addition, the chicken was overly spiced with something that did not appeal. Overall this is a fantastic neighborhood gem that we will keep going back too and I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSomersetDined on 9/20/2014I went here with my wife after we passed the restaurant on a Tuesday evening and saw a packed parking lot. We decided to go to dinner and had a sampling of the appetizers - all were delicious. Most notably, the chef had a deft hand and knew when to use restraint with strong flavoring components. All and all great night out - would highly recommned to anyone.Special Features:
- Wow!PeteDDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful food. Nice atmosphere. Great service! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- ptownfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Each visit surprises you with menu additions that include innovative selections executed extremely well. Staff is personable, knowledgeable and attentive. This restaurant does not disappoint!Special Features:
- ExcellentGallantDined on 9/13/2014We had a great meal and a wonderful evening. The service was also very good. We will definitley come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!TLFarinoDined on 9/7/2014Was curious about this place because it was down the street from my favorite pub and I'm so glad we tried it! Love the food and the selection of drinks. Small inside so make a reservation but very nice and the service was great. We went on a Saturday night and it was kind of loud and we went again on a Sunday right after they opened and it was very quiet. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & Inventive CuisineUlteemitVIPDined on 9/4/2014My wife, business colleague and I enjoyed an excellent meal at One 53 on a recent Thursday evening. My seared flounder was perfectly cooked and seasoned, and my wife raved about her scallops. The Sancerre by the glass was great, as was the beer list, that included a lot of microbrews. The Blueberry Galotte tart was delightful, and the cheese and nut plate a nice finish to a fine dinner.Special Features:
- Our go to placefasionablefoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014We have been going to 153 since their doors first opened. The staff is committed to providing great food and service and making their patrons feel welcome and appreciated. 153 has a New York city vibe with a neighborhood feel. A special shout out to Craig, bartender extraordinaire! And to everyone at 153 that keeps us coming back year after year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014One53 neighborhood gem indeed with excellent food.Special Features:
- Great as always2goodVIPDined on 8/31/2014We're coming to this place frequently and we've never been disappointed. Food great, service great, we just feel welcomed. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed (second time)lobsterlvrDined on 8/31/2014We've been to ONE 53 several times in the last few years and loved it. A while back we went and it was 'okay'. We went again on Sunday and it was completely forgettable. The food was tasteless. My wife's breaded chicken and my $32 salmon had zero flavor. The 'greens' served with my salmon were 4 radish slices and a schmeer of tasteless pea-paste. The potatoes that came with it were equivalent to one soggy McDonald's french fry buried under the tasteless salmon. (At least I think they were potatoes!) Oh, and the BLT-kabobs and the shrimp and grits we had as appetizers...equally tasteless. The wine was great. The waiter was FANTASTIC. But neither can make up for four (!) different selections that failed to deliver ANY flavor whatsoever.
- fantastic local fareJCranburyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everything that I've ever had here is great. The chicken & truffle ravioli I had was outstanding. The night before, I went to a well-known Manhattan restaurant and One 53 exceeds them on all counts.Special Features:
- An Oasis in Central JerseyMC173VIPDined on 8/27/2014Superb food. Inventive menu. Helpful staff. Worth returning to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!Kat26Dined on 8/27/2014Husband & I had an impromptu date night and landed on ONE53! The entire meal was delicious!Special Features:
- Dinner summer sundayFlyboyDined on 8/24/2014The griggfarm chicken with mac n cheese was the BEST chicken ive had in years. It was truely excellent and when can u say that about chicken. Scallops were also excellent. It was a much better meal than i remember from 6mmonths ago. Seems like they upped their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Princeton GemReneeVIPDined on 8/23/2014When you go to 153 for, you are guaranteed to have an amazing meal that is prepared with attention to detail, unique flavors and great taste. There is an enthusiasm that the other patrons have and the vibe is energetic and fun. It's not the restaurant that you go for a romantic dinner, but you will fall in love with the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place in the Central Jersey Night!MC173VIPDined on 8/21/2014Superb food. Inventive menu. Helpful staff. Multiple different dishes have not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014By far, one of my favorite restaurants in the Princeton area. Friendly, comfortable, always great food, and reasoanbly priced delicious wines. The staff knows their stuff -- just the right balance of friendliness and professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK - Not GreatLovetoEatVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was bland, not tasty. The drinks were creative. The tables are set close together so it is impossible to have a private conversation. The aura is casual - the prices were not. In fact, too pricey for this type of restaurant.
- Wow - just wow!TommyDined on 8/9/2014Our first visit to ONE 53 and we will surely be back. Famous for the shrimp & grits app and the double cut pork chop - and now we know why. Each was outstanding along with everything we ordered. Nice wine list and very attentive staff. A real gem!Special Features: