400 Columbus Blvd
Hartford, CT 06103Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ontwenty.com/
- Phone: 8607225161x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Happy Hour: Wednesday - Friday: 4pm - 7pm; Dinner: Thursday and Friday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Jeffrey Lizotte
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Kindly contact our Event coordinator Michele Cormier for all your catering needs and inquiries.
- Special Events: Please contact Michele Cormier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-722-5292
A word from ON20
ON20 maintains a singular mission: to offer guests the finest culinary and service experience. Under the leadership of Executive Chef Jeffrey Lizotte, ON20 is known for innovative and progressive cuisine, and flawless service. It is one of OpenTable's Top Ten Restaurants for outstanding service, Zagat's top-rated restaurant in Connecticut, and named one of the 100 best scenic-view restaurants in the United States in OpenTable's Diner's Choice Awards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
ON20 reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (49)special occasion (43)romantic (38)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (11)good for groups (7)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Beware of the wagyuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I have dined here several times and until our recent experience, we were impressed. My wife ordered a "surf and turf" with wagyu beef. The meat tasted "off" to us. We ordered it medium rare as recommended and the texture was tough and chewy. In fact it tasted old, with a flavor that reminded me of the smell of graying raw beef that sat in the fridge too long. They promptly removed the entree from our bill and offered their apologies. I'm not sure what happened with that dish, but it was absolutely awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJonesDined on 9/11/2014Great room. Great energy. Service staff made us instantly feel at home. Server was knowledgeable about menu. Food was amazing. We will be coming back with friends.Special Features:
- DFINDined on 9/5/2014This was our first visit to On20. It was a little difficult finding the entrance from the street. When we first walked in, we just assumed we needed to find the elevators to make it to the 20th floor. Lucky us – we found it and the food was very good. The service was very good also. I usually like to choose my wine based on what I’m going to order but they give you a wine list first – no dinner menu at that time. Seemed the order of menus could be a little more in sync. Over all, a great view if you are by the windows, the food was great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightMomaDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed everything so much that we made reservations to come back again. The setting is beautiful, the menu has a great selection of items, the food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Everyone was very friendly. I also enjoyed the music. We hope to made it a weekly event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014Beautifully prepared and composed dishes. The service is a mic of highly professional and a bit amateur. FOH could use a little more training.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a viewRistoranteUomoVIPDined on 8/15/2014First time here, everything was excellent. Service was very good, and the view of Hartford a nice addition. Definitely come for the food though as the view was nice but not the main attraction, it was the menu and the execution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we hoped forCTWolverineVIPDined on 8/15/2014"Just a disappointment" is the only way we could describe this restaurant. They were trying to too hard to be something they are not. The decor is dated and depressing and the wait staff is annoying. The waiter we had interrupted us more than once and was unctuous. My meal was prepared incorrectly as I ordered my steak medium and received over cooked (pink inside ordered and got gray-by the way this never happens at JGilberts). They were too quick to over compensate by throwing in the desserts for free. Unfortunately the desserts were too small and weird. My husband ordered a cake which appeared with a few crumbs of cake. And in the end they added a 20% gratuity without our knowledge.
- We were very disappointed.LocalFoodieDined on 8/15/2014We expected fabulous food. It was mediocre at best. The plating of the food was perfect, but the portions were small. I had the surf and turf, and the filet was not medium rare as ordered. It was overdone, and lacked flavor. A little salt would have helped. The bread was stale. The dessert was good, but again portions too small for the price. View of the river was nice, but since the dining experience was lackluster, the view didn't improve the overall experience. I won't be returning. I also don't like that they automatically added a 20% tip to the bill. We were a party if 2. What if I thought the service was not worth it. Do I deduct money from the tip line on the charge slip? I much prefer restaurants in West Hartford.Special Features:
- A special dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food Presentation was also beautiful and the menu prices were reasonable.There is a service charge added but the service was so outstanding that you want to recognize the wait staff's great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be great!Bizzy57Dined on 8/8/2014On20 is the best restaurant in Hartford. Definitley a special occasion destination but also great for lunch out. The service is outstanding and Mike the Maitre D' is terrific. The food is unlike any in the City. Don't miss this!Special Features:
- Panoramic views of the cityaer1985Dined on 8/7/2014If you're in the Hartford area for any period of time (or just passing through), ON20 is a must-visit for its panoramic views of the city and Connecticut River valley. There's a feeling of exclusivity to ON20, since it's only open for dinner a couple nights a week, and the excellent service only reinforces this "VIP" feeling. Meals start with an amuse–bouche and end with a couple bite-sized treats, "compliments of the chef." But really, even though the food is delicious and inventive, the real draw here will always be the million-dollar views. Really wonderful for a special night out!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSanJoeDined on 8/1/2014We have a variety of restaurants to go to between Hartford and New Haven and for our anniversary we went to On20. Although we have dined at On20 before, and our meals have always been excellent, our dinner Friday evening was more so. The pace of service was particularly good - we enjoyed a full evening out, with each course spaced perfectly. The staff is always professional and friendly - and there are more than enough people on staff to be sure all needs are met. The view is particularly beautiful and the decor is very chic and upscale while at the same time warm and inviting.Special Features:
- Great food, amazing viewfun2eatDined on 7/31/2014The menu is very creative and well executed, beautifully presented work of art. Every element in the dish stands out, great combinations. The view is the best in Hartford, feels like you're in the big city. Tables are well spaced for private conversation. We were here to try out their Taste of Hartford menu, the dishes were wonderful but we found the service to be somewhat lacking on several occasions. One of the best places in Hartford for a special meal. We would definitely recommend this place for a special occasion. We'd love to come back for their Bistro lunch menu and Happy Hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highs and lowsCTinCTDined on 7/25/2014We visited On20 for the first time during the 2014 summer Taste of Hartford. The food and service, for the most part, was very good. Our waitress was young and spent a lot of time with us while taking our order and checked on us several times before our food arrived. The wine, appetizers and intermezzos were excellent. When our entrees arrived, I noticed right away that my fish was raw. Our waitress was nowhere to be found, and it took some time to get the attention of another server to send it back. They were out of skate, so brought me fluke. It was fine, but I tasted my friend's perfectly cooked skate and it was excellent. They comped my meal and were very apologetic. Overall, we were satisfied with the experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014good atmosphere, scenic view, & services. Food tasted good but will be better with bigger portion. It will be nice if open on weekend.Special Features:
- Elegant, quiet, excellentTheresaDined on 7/24/2014Fine dining, excellent service, attention to detailSpecial Features:
- Half-Price Wine....NOT!CharlieVIPDined on 7/24/2014The web site says:"Make your way up to the Restaurant ON20 every Thursday night this year, as our sommelier features select bottles, and all wines by the glass, for half-price with your selection of any dinner!" We were there on Thursday, 7/24. We got charged the full price for 4 glasses. We questioned the waitress. She said that didn't apply to the wine we had purchased. We asked to speak with the manager, who said the same thing. I called up the web site on my phone to show them what it said. They said that was a mistake, and still tried to get us to pay the full price. It was only after I pushed harder that they relented and took the FULL price of the wine off of the bill. The website still says the same thing, on 8/17! Rip-off!
- on 20 -TheLittleThingsDined on 7/16/2014Food and presentation were excellent though we were not prepared for the limited offering of a fixed-price menu. Our cocktails were very, very slow to arrive. Fortunately my daughter caught the sign stating the timing and discounts of "Happy Hour," as we had to inform our waitress instead of the other way around. Finally, no one at ON20 mentioned that parking was covered and we were hit with a meaningful, additional unexpected price to the evening. We did receive excellent attention from the maitre d'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susanfoodSandyDined on 7/16/2014Dinner was amazing! Great service, wonderful food and view. Highly recommend it to anyone who wants to change it up and try something new.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014The staff made us feel like we were the only people in the dining room! The only downside is it's hard to find but worth the searchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but misleadingHassDined on 7/11/2014Everything was great but didnt notice why price was so until after we left. I found that a tip was added for a table of two which i never recalled happening before. We left a tip on our bill not taking in account a tip had been left already. The wine bottle we bought was also $15 higher than the menu price. I loved the food and service but felt a little takenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special meals for special occasionsGCGCTDined on 6/26/2014I enjoy On20 for special meals and special occasions. This time was my brother's birthday. Because he has never experienced a multi-course meal selected by the chef and wines selected by the wine steward, we had a lot of fun and he is still talking about what a great meal he had that evening! I was designated driver, so we should have ordered only one wine service; my brother "had to" drink both his wine and my wine after I had tasted it! It is important to plan between two and three hours for a meal. There is an a la carte menu also for those who do not want to splurge on the chef's choice.Special Features:
- JoanVIPDined on 6/20/2014Due to a large event in the main dining room, we sat in the smaller room for the very first time. Although different, the view was very good and we got to sit at the window which doesn't happen in the large room when we are just a party of two. Initially the service suffered greatly due to the large event going on. We were not given menus until we had sat for over 25 minutes, nor was a drink offered until at least 15 minutes had passed. Our wait staff kept changing, but our final young waitress was all that we've come to expect at ON20. And as always, the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointedSunnyVIPDined on 6/13/2014Upon arrival we were greeted and promptly seated. The hostess told us the server would be with us shortly. A significant amount of time passed and no one came to the table to take a drink order or with menus. If another table had not sent us a glass of champagne who knows how long this would have gone one. Another wait, a waitress arrived with menus and told us she would be taking care of us, she never came back, another did. When the entree was served no wine poured or no one returned to check in with us. We stopped a manager and asked him to pour wine. Food quality overall was very good. I was informed I had the last of the passion fruit sorbet, while the flavor was excellent consistency very icy. Plenty of staff, not efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful anniversary mealDLove06010Dined on 6/13/2014We spent out first anniversary there before attending cirque du soleil. The food was incredibly well prepared. The service was outstanding. They really make you feel special and we have eaten at nearly all the fine dining locations in Hartford county. The Bar area was very nice as well. If you like places that pay attention to detail then this is the place to dine. Can't say enough good things about our expwriew. We actually considered just enjoying our evening there rather then seeing cirque du soleil but snapped out of it and will be coming back with guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatWindyCityGirlDined on 6/6/2014After reading the reviews I was excited to try this place. We went to ON20 for dinner on a Friday night for my boyfriend's birthday. Yes, the views are nice but not worth the price. The food did not live up to expectations and the service was average. Definitely has more of a corporate feel. Would recommend for business functions.Special Features:
- The following 252 reviews are from the ON20 reviews archive.
- Too corporateRunnerVIPDined on 5/22/2014Excellent food no doubt, but presented in a very corporate setting that needs to be made more intimate somehow. You get the impression that they could close up on a Friday and run a bunch of Steelcase cubicles in by Monday and have another insurance company in business there. The service is a bit too in secure (everyone constantly asks how everything is). It is a shame the environment does not live up to the food, if it did, this could be the best restaurant in town.Special Features:
- Divine dining on highRegiVIPDined on 5/16/2014On20 is the perfect fine dining experience:it has it all: wonderful food, beautiful surroundings, great service and a stellar view from the 20th floor over Hartford. We started at the classy bar with incredible hand-crafted cocktails that we thoroughly enjoyed. We had the 10 course tasting menu to celebrate a milestone birthday. Each course was perfectly presented and was a bite or two, what a tasting menu should be. The wine list is also a real treat. We've already scheduled a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding...but,CabinetmanDined on 5/16/2014Dining at the level of On20 brings with it a lot of expectations. While you "know" the food will be wonderful at this level what makes or breaks the experience is the service. This was our first "evening' dinner. We've eaten there six times before and love the amazing attention that Marwan and Michael always provided. Tonight the service was not as crisp. We were never asked if we wanted cocktails at any time. My wife had noted in her reservation and the hostess mentioned that this was our anniversary dinner but after we were seated, no mention was ever made of it. Timing was poor;cocktail was finally served & seconds later our first course came out. The staff just needs to work on maintaining the allure of On20's impeccable service.Special Features:
- pianomanisimoDined on 5/9/2014Perfect Again! .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsSkaughtDined on 5/9/2014We have celebrated both my wife's and my birthdays there and the staff made us very welcome and treated us to a birthday dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFrench6RoyDined on 5/2/2014We celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary here with an outstanding dinner. Being recently retired and having spent some time years ago in the food and beverage industry, (Bay area, wine country, Lake Tahoe and Reno) my expectations were high. ON20 did not disappoint! Applause to Executive Chef Jeffery and his crew for his creativeness with the dishes and to Matrie'D Michael for his long standing guidance on the front of the house. This is a special place, no, more than special, awesome, an adventure into what you think a high-end restaurant serving creative food should be. It's way beyond that. The class of Hartford,... no, Connecticut... no, well... New England. Yes. Enjoy!Special Features:
- welcome back...ThomasEUDined on 4/11/2014It is always such a wonderful experience to be welcomed back to ON20. The food is always wonderful, the service impeccable and the view outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience!SolarGirlDined on 4/10/2014We had a lovely dinner at On20, as we always do. We had not visited in some time, so it was particularly special. The menu was creative and delicious, and the service was top notch. This is what fine dining should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will be a regularDeCristoforoDined on 4/7/2014I heard about this place because I heard that a old bartender friend of mine worked there. I did some research and the place was great start to finish, our waiter was Mike and he was amazing. Grilled octopus, Pork belly, duck breast, crab app, dessert, drinks were very good. One of the best Old fashion I have had. The place could be packed but you don't sit near everyone like every other restaurant on earth. so you can still have a private conversation. This may be my regular haunt on monday and I have to say the prices are a great deal for what you get, I would put this against some top places in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special surprise birthdayjjgoogsDined on 4/4/2014Special surprise birthday dinner for my husband - couldn't have gone better! Th e staff was friendly & attentive. Food was interesting and beautifully presented. Wine list needs updating but found a nice wine to enjoy. We had a large party so we couldn't be near a window, but had a lovely view anyway. We will return with smaller group and plan to enjoy the entire evening sipping wine and watching the lights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service & View Perfect!Dine4FunVIPDined on 4/3/2014What a fantastic restaurant. The view is spectacular and the service impeccable. The food was an absolute standout - not an overly tasty sensation, but this actually was the highlight as the richness which typically accompanies such beautiful food was absent, rather subtle and diverse flavours throughout. All well cooked it had my wife and I feeling the best you could after such a dining experience. A must do if you are in Hartford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Hartfordbwp11Dined on 3/28/2014For special occasions or for those that just want an incredible dining experience, On20 is not to be missed. While it is certainly at the higher end of the price range, it is not any more expensive than some of Hartford's other fine dining options, such as Max Downtown, but the food and service just do not compare to any other restaurant. There is a reason that they continue to win the Zagat award for service. Check out the Octopus starter, and rest assured you will have a fabulous evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff was outstandingfoodyinctDined on 3/28/2014Wait staff was outstanding and very accommodating. Lovely views of downtown Hartford. The staff answered questions about both the meal and the wines. Food had a wonderful flavor, but I had ordered pork and my piece was very fatty. The typical "French restaurant" dishes were not offered, like escargot or creme brulee/ chocolate mousse. It looks like they offered a nice cheese and wine flight, but we didn't realize it until dessert time. The meals were priced fairly, but the wines were very expensive. Nice for special occasions, but be expected to spend at least $200 for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Food in HartfordMisterBeestieVIPDined on 3/27/2014What a surprise to find a superb restaurant in Hartford on a recent trip. First, the 20th floor view is spectacular. I would characterize the overall vibe as quiet elegance which is reflected in both the food and service. This is a high end foodie place where you can expect to receive an amuse bouche, intermezzo and sweet finale. Secondly, the food was creative, beautifully presented and interesting... probably a meal that you will talk about for a while. Third, everything was delicious and fun to eat. I would definitely return.Special Features: