On The Potomac - Lansdowne Resort
44050 Woodridge Parkway
Leesburg, VA 20176Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
On The Potomac - Lansdowne Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lansdowneresort.com/dining/potomac_dining/
- Phone: 7037294073
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Bradley, MBA
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer 2 private dining rooms - to accommodate up to 14 guests. For groups larger than this our bar area can accommodate up to 40. The entire restaurant can seat 150 guests.
Please contact us for any catering and function needs
- Private Party Facilities: We have two private dining rooms. The Library seats 8 luxuriously & 10 more conservatively. The room rental fee is $150++ and must be contracted. The Vintage room seats 18 people luxuriously and the room rental fee is $250++
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Voltz 5712917649
A word from On The Potomac - Lansdowne Resort
On The Potomac is Lansdowne Resort's signature upscale, casual restaurant that works to utilize local, organic and sustainable products in all aspects of the restaurant from your first glass of wine to your last bite of dessert. We work to create a fully functional locally adept menu including meats and cheeses that are sourced locally. At On The Potomac we strive to blend the traditional and the modern culinary craft. This can be seen in our classic charcuterie, seasonal canning, house-made breads and our hand-rolled pastas. Even the cocktails are concocted with fresh local ingredients & spirits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
On The Potomac - Lansdowne Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
- Love LansdowneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2013My husband and I love Lansdowne. We got married there 3 years ago. The food is always fabulous and there's never a ton of people which is fine with us. One suggestion would be to have live music like a piano player or something like that. It doesn't have to be super loud and I realize weddings go on outdoors, but maybe a little music or some sort of attraction to get people in the restaurant would be good. But the filet mignon is the best I've had in the area and we will keep coming back! Thanks! Rachelle HillI would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2013Nice place. VERY quiet on the weeknight we were there. I guess the weekends are pretty busy, though. The food was good - had the lobster mac and cheese as well as the 12 oz sirloin. Both very good. Good wine, too. Only disappointment was that this place boasts a great view, but honestly, the view from the restaurant attached to the clubhouse is much, much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time at dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/6/2013We had a great time at dinner, watching the fireworks . . . did not expect there would be no parking for a handicap driver or anyone making reservations for dinner. Although after waiting a while for the parking valet, we were able to park way in the back of valet, so this turned out OK, too!! Thank goodness I am now healthy enough to be able to walk some amount of distance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Landsdowne: on the Potomac; July 6AnniversarydinerDined on 7/6/2013Our server, Larry was cordial and attentive. Great view of the grounds and fireworks from our table. A welcome break. Everything tastefully executed with comfort and service in mind.I would recommend this to a friend.
- so so, definitely overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2013Ate here since my wife and I were spending the night at the resort. Have to say that I was fairly disappointed. The food was average at best and the price was just flat out ridiculous. The service was decent once someone finally came to our table after about 15 minutes of sitting there with nothing happening. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- expected more for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2013My $34 filet mignon arrived red and cold in the middle even though I ordered it medium. I did not send it back to the kitchen because the outside was already crispy and I had already waited 35 minutes to get it.Special Features:
- meh... pedestrian... overpriced...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2013Food was bland. Steak was not seasoned. No views of the Potomac, despite the claim. Lobster Mac and cheese was pedestrian at best. I am a steak lover and this was the first steak in my life that I didn't bother to finish. Disappointed.
- outdated menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2013While staying with friends at the resort visiting for the weekend, we decided to stay at hotel for dinner after a day of winery hopping. Fall Creations menus with food selections such as butternut squash soup and mushroom risotto seemed heavy for the first week of May. Service overall was very slow. Manager came over to apologize but that actually didn't speed anything up..It was about an hour 15 minutes before entrees arrived. The food was a big disappointment not quite warm enough and lamb chops were like charcoal. We did not send anything back because we had other plans for the evening and did not have time to wait. Will not be returning to this restaurant anytime soon especially with all the other fine dining options in Leesburg.Special Features:
- The food was good but theReviewer33Dined on 5/3/2013The food was good but the service was extremely slow. The resturant was out of date and did not look kept up.
- Very SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013The food was absolutely fantastic and the waiter was nothing less than charming. I would DEFINITELY come here again. :)Special Features:
- Somber disappointmentgolfbowlDined on 4/13/2013Nice memories at Lansdowne led me to go there on Sat. 4/13/13. However, this time I felt like I went to Grandma's house just after she died. The atmosphere was dull, the furniture distressed,(chair seats were threadbare)the food -my ribeye steak was not worth the $34.00; it was fatty, grizzly, and tasteless. My partner's pan-seared duck breast was okay and saved us from total disaster. The classical piano music was romantic at first, but the bartender turned the TV on which blared, creating a weird atmosphere. Our server and busboy were good but a restaurant needs more for their reputation. Earlierl, we had to wait for the valet, and I observed 3 taxis take guests elsewhere! We should have left then too!
- Ignored by ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2013Went there on a Thursday evening to celebrate our daughter's BD. Not a lot of diners that evening. There was a table of diners to our left and right with our table in the middle. About 30 mins after the food was served, the chef came out and begin talking with the table on the right of us....asking how they enjoyed the meal. Skipped our table and went to the table to the left of us and ask them the same. He just ignored our table, which we thought was very rude! The waiter, Felix was great!Special Features:
- We love Lansdowne and theCoachVIPDined on 3/28/2013We love Lansdowne and the people are great. The food was good, but a little over-cooked. Overall a great experience- we were married at Lansdowne and we were there to celebrate our anniversary .Special Features:
- Food was excellent. RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Food was excellent. Restaurant needs updated. Chairs torn.Special Features:
- Just "good" dinnerwatsonmpDined on 2/22/2013I wanted to enjoy this meal--part of a romantic getaway. We were greeted promtply; the host passed along to our waitress what town we were from so she asked us about it--a nice touch. Then we didn't see her for a very long time; in fact the manager noticed and came by herself to take our drink order and get things back on track. Again, a good thing. But still we received slow service rest of the night. Appetizers were the high point--excellent seared scallops and a very nicely presented cheese/meat plate. My husband's rare steak was served medium (still tasty though) and my house made pasta was not al dente--too well done. The chef stopped by--VERY energetic and aiming to please so I believe there's hope if his ideas take root.Special Features:
- My fiance' selected this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013My fiance' selected this restaurant as a special treat for my birthday and he made an excellent choice. The food and service was really great. We will certainly dine again.Special Features:
- OutstandingRobinDined on 2/14/2013Celebrated Valentines Day. The meal was out of this world!! Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- A terrific Valentine's Day eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013We went for a Valentine's Day four-course pre-fixe special. The servings were small but the quality was exceptional. I had the Duck Breast with Wild Beets for my entree, and I don't recall any main course so bursting with flavor. The strawberry shortcake had an explosive and delightful surprise - a tangy lemon filling. The waiter was extraordinarily personable and attentive - a real professional.Special Features:
- Perfect location to take yourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013Perfect location to take your date, close friend or spouse. Highly recommend it.
- Not worth the time or money!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE...had to wait 45 mins past my reservation time, then another 15 to get a waiter. 1st course served without bread, then had to wait another 20 mins between courses. The food was luke warm, tasteless, and way over priced. Management was non responsive to our complaints. I followed up with the resort management and received the obligatory form letter. I would not waste my time or money in this place. Beware, stay away!
- The restaurant is in bad needCBMIIIDined on 12/31/2012The restaurant is in bad need of general upkeep/repair. Chair seat cushions were ripped badly. Lansdowne needs to invest in maintenance of this facility.
- Too expensive though deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2012Christmas dinner was too expensive for food on the menu. It was delicious, but we won't be going there again at $80 a plate.Special Features:
- Disappointing Christmas DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Having just relocated back to Northern VA I decided we would observe the holiday with a festive meal at Landsdowne on the Potomac for our Christmas Day meal. I feel for the price and the reputation that this place has maintained in the community the service and food were both mediocre. The food was not hot and the steak my son and I each ordered were dry. The server we had was also slow to respond, she seemed more preoccupied with a large party in her area. Also, I had requested a window table and it was not available. The place had many empty tables and I made the reservation well in advance. Hostess seemed unapologetic about this. We walked away thinking the money would have been better spent elsewhere and will not go backSpecial Features:
- Food was great, especiallyDrewVIPDined on 12/16/2012Food was great, especially the lobster Mac and cheese appetizer and the salmon entree. Service was also great. Larry was our server and he made sure we had a wonderful evening celebrating my fiancé's birthday.Special Features:
- Very small portions, wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/9/2012Very small portions, wrong temperature steak, bland sides, overpriced pre fixe, and happened to choose a terrible local wine. Biggest perk was the entertainment--outstanding jazz crooner. However, the meal itself was Ho-hum. Service was fine, ambiance is good, and convenience to the hotel makes this a stop worth making. This isn't a place for foodies--better suited for senior citizens looking for a night out.Special Features:
- Wonderful Service!! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/9/2012Wonderful Service!! Great Music and Singer. Very enjoyable and beautiful setting. Will definately come again.Special Features:
- The salmon was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012The salmon was excellent. We had a beautiful outdoor view. The patio areas are very pretty and the beautiful fire outside is a nice place to go to enjoy after your meal.
- My wife and I visited theinleesburgDined on 11/22/2012My wife and I visited the restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner. The preset menu had a wide variety of choices. All our food was good. None of the offered desserts appealed to me, but the waitress was able to offer me some items that were not listed on the menu.Special Features:
- Very relaxing and beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2012Very relaxing and beautiful scenic views. Wait staff is very attentive.Special Features:
- Dissapointed no view of theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012Dissapointed no view of the Potomac from our table, instead we viewed the wait staff coming in and out of the building. We would go again, but not for a Special Occasion.Special Features:
- We were sat on time. NeverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012We were sat on time. Never rushed. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Ignore the negative reviews...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2012...unless you're picky - like the "worn" comments (RME). When do you eat the upholstered furniture? Our server provided some recommendations for wine, & for pairing meal to wine. His choices were informed. The meal was prepared to our liking, and hit the contrasting notes of sweet and savory, firm and tender, as necessary to the varied components of each dish: nothing over-cooked, nothing underdone. General service could get interesting, especially one moment when we were wined & watered simultaneously. (Bored backwaiters, perhaps - the shift hadn't picked up yet.) Service slowed at the end (though, our table turned before 8:30 - I'm guessing things were busier elsewhere). We're at a resort & had time: no biggie.Special Features:
- The lobster Mac n cheese wasOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/20/2012The lobster Mac n cheese was to die for and the beet salad was excellent. Both apps were divine together!Special Features:
- This place was awsome it wasMichaelDined on 10/12/2012This place was awsome it was our anniversary and was the best! Please keep it up Thank you MikeSpecial Features:
- Went there for our weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2012Went there for our wedding anniversary. Spectacular service that exceeded all expectations.Special Features:
- C- Rating for Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2012I decided on On The Potomac due to its ratings and location. I found signage/direction to it not well defined. The restaurant was quiet but you needed to ask for directions to locate it within Landsdown Resort - there were no signs! The restaurant is somewhat worn and does not provide a view of the Potomac so its name is deceptive. The menu I found on the internet did not resemble in the least the minimal menu I was given at the restaurant. The food had a distinct focus on pork and therefore many dishes either had a bacon flavor or bacon renderings - not what a healthy diet would be looking for. There were no vegetable side dishes either which I found disappointing. Overall, a C- for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Had a great time celebratingDiner918Dined on 8/12/2012Had a great time celebrating my wedding anniversary. The food was excellent and our server Larry was outstanding. My wife had the lamb and I had the ribeye and we were both pleased. You must save room for the desserts. The view and ambiance were also great. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- We love Lansdowne (so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2012We love Lansdowne (so much so that we got married there). We go at least once a year on our anniversary, but wish we got to go more often. Their food is delicious and the service is always great. I love the views and the relaxing atmosphere of the resort. We can't wait to go back. Our next visit will be sooner than our next anniversary :)Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2012Our server was attentive to our needs. We attended during an event meant to spotlight local produce, meats, cheeses, etc. The meal started great. Homemade bread was wonderful. Our salad course was very nice (however they originally forgot an item on my mother's plate, but quickly brought out). The sirloin steak dinners we ordered were not as pleasant. I do not think this was necessary due to preparation but the quality/cut of the steak. The texture/cut reminded more of a roast stuck on a grill. Leaving it chewy, like trying to eat shoe leather. The staff was responsive/sympathetic to our complaints regarding the entree. Hopefully they are more selective with their food quality in the future.
- Service was excellent, asfrequentdinerDined on 7/21/2012Service was excellent, as well as wine list and menu. Dishes were prepared very well. Wonderful location for a special event or special meal.Special Features: