On The Menu
4801 South University Drive
Davie, FL 33328Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
On The Menu
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.onthemenucafe.com/
- Phone: 9546807944
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 9:00am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 9:00am - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Jean-Pierre Sanchez-Santini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from On The Menu
Authentic European Cafe French Bistro Restaurant & Pastry shop. Dine in a casual, but sophisticated atmosphere or enjoy a cappuccino and authentic French pastry in our cafe that offers free WiFi, leather sofas and lounge chairs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
On The Menu reviews from OpenTable diners
- Lovely experience for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2012Lovely experience for our group of six on a Sunday night. Appetizers were outstanding, entrees were delightfully presented and equally delicious! As we were the only table there most of the evening it was very comfortable chatting and we received nice attention from everyone. Food was a little slow in coming, but we were busy talking so it was fine. A little pricier than we expected as we had only been there for lunch previously. However we all said we would definitely go back soon!Special Features:
- We tried this restaurant withjfisher515Dined on 5/19/2012We tried this restaurant with another couple. We were pleasantly surprised. The menu had a nice assortment of items. We tried the scallops, duck, and chicken. The portions were plentiful. A salad was given with all dinner entrees and it was delicious, a combination of strawberries, mandarin oranges, tomatoes, and greens. The desserts were scrumptious. The waiter was very attentive. We will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:
- Food was very good, but the2dinersVIPDined on 5/18/2012Food was very good, but the other details of the experience were overlooked. For the price we paid for 2 of the cheapest dinners, we expected a lot more. Service was very slow, no wine available from wine list, and entrees were prepared differently than explained on the menu.
- A lot of people left the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012A lot of people left the restaurant as they were told there was no menu. The buffet included dessert but later they changed it. There were very angry people almost hostile with the service. It wasnt a good mothers day!!!
- A Very bad experience... Rude StaffMichaelDined on 5/13/2012Our party of 3 arrived 5 minutes early & were asked if we had a reservation. They asked us to wait a few moments while they cleaned tables. There were numerous open tables that needed cleaning, but the one they pointed to was already cleaned, but no setups. After 10min looking at the pastries & other items, continued our wait sitting down / 20min there was no activity & much frazzled staff appeared to be spending more time discussing how busy their morning was. I asked & they forgot about us?! / 35 min, finally seated & asked if we were there for the buffet. I said no that we wanted to order of the menu. The server said there was no menu today, contrary to website?! The buffet looked picked through, we walked out! :( very rude server...
- On the Menu is a wonderfulOlinecVIPDined on 5/10/2012On the Menu is a wonderful restaurant no one knows about yet. Everything is prepared to order and only the finest ingredients are used. The Parisian sandwich has excellent imported ham. Salads are light and tasty. The tiramisu mousse cake is sheer heaven.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012Excellent authentic French cuisine. The service was extraordinary. The staff was friend and very outgoing. I wish I could give them 2 more stars.Special Features:
- We very much enjoyed the foodDisappointingVIPDined on 4/8/2012We very much enjoyed the food at brunch. However, the service was terrible! We were graciously greeted by the owner, but after that, it was downhill. The server was AWOL much of the time and needed to be reminded a few times to bring things we had ordered and to bring the check. That said, we will try again. The pastries looke wonderful, but we were too full this time!
- Disappointing MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/8/2012Food was flavorless and looked to be pre-prepared and left sitting, portions were very small. I understand the French do things differently than Americans and American's typically over-do it with regard to portion size, but this is ridiculous! Service was just okay, but the owner was walking around quite a bit and never stopped over to see how our meal was, even though the restaurant was relatively quiet. Won't go back.
- Had to ask for our salad,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2012Had to ask for our salad, and soup was not told about a charge to share a plate until we were done and noticed it added to the check
- On the Menu had wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2012On the Menu had wonderful food....I enjoyed their lunch the most....My son and husband loved their meals at dinner...I was there for breakfast once and it was also nice...Special Features:
- Everything we ordered wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/5/2012Everything we ordered was excellent and the portions were huge. Attentive service! We'll definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Expected more since the particulargourmandVIPDined on 2/28/2012Expected more since the particular friend who had directed me to the spot had raved about the food she and her husband had had for a Valentine Dinner. The above friend ordered a sald which she enjoyed. I ordered one of the day's specials: a newly named "croque mademoiselle" My lunch was indifferent in taste--i am used to French cuisine. The atmosphere was pleasant--neighborhood spot pleasant. As to the service, it was good. We were served and then left alone to chat for quite a long time. In our case, we wanted to be left alone to chat. i will give them another try--perhaps this time in the evening.Special Features:
- Gem of a French Bistro in DavieOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012On the Menu is not at all what you'd expect from the name. If you check out this wonderful restaurant, you'll find a gem of a French bistro right here in Davie. We've had several dinners there and have found them all to be spectacular. Each course is carefully prepared, so don't go when you're in a hurry. We usually go with our kids, ages 13 and 10, and they have loved everything they tried. Our favorite dish is the Chicken Normande. Using apples and Calvados brandy, the chef creates a taste sensation. Our latest visit was the special Valentine's dinner. Each course was a delight. If you still have room for dessert, the restaurant has a spectacular assortment of pastries along with the chef's delicious desserts. Try it! It won't disappointSpecial Features:
- The soups are outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012The soups are outstanding and the service is top notch.Special Features:
- The reservation was for 7:15.Namath12Dined on 12/31/2011The reservation was for 7:15. They ran out of two entrees and didn't tell us until 8:15. We had to reorder again. My wife's entree came out cold and Had to be reheated which was obviously done in a microwave. This dried her chicken out. We finally finished our meal at 9:30. To me this was not Fine dining but final dining.
- This restaurant was FABULOUS!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/13/2011This restaurant was FABULOUS! We had great food in a timely manner and the server was very attentive. I will definitely return there. The price was a little higher than I usually spend, but the food was absolutely worth the price!Special Features:
- Tremendous restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/16/2011An authentic French restaurant. We went for dinner and will absolutely go back again. The chef has a deft touch with sauces, not too heavy, just right. The people in this office building are very lucky!!Special Features:
- Very surprised local gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2011Very surprised local gem! Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- This gem is set in an officemnoormo1VIPDined on 8/3/2011This gem is set in an office building, but don't be fooled by its setting. The food is excellent. My wife and I dined here for the 1st time and will definitely return to this restaurant. Rolf is a multi-tasker, somelier, waiter etc.
- Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmare !grayyakVIPDined on 7/25/2011went on a Monday,tried to order beer,& was told they'd run out on Friday !!! 7-11 sells beer last I looked ! the food was pedestrian & unremarkable. the decor was sorta BIg LOts outlet. the waiter reminded me of Woody Harrelson's character on the old Cheers. I was expecting something along the lines of Mustard Seed not far down the street. this place is the 180 degree antithesis of Mustard Seed. perhaps my worst dining out experience this calender year.
- You have to look carefullyKevinVIPDined on 7/22/2011You have to look carefully to find this restaurant but you will be richly rewarded once you have. Wonderful breads, delicious french foods with excellent sauces. Save room for dessert. I took home a pear tart, a fruit tart and a few eclairs. Absolutely wonderful. This was my first visit and I was very impressed.Special Features:
- I went there for lunch andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/20/2011I went there for lunch and was not impressed, the desserts are awesome but the lunch menu was uneventful, we to try dinner there
- Terrible food, overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2011I cannot speak for the Lunch, or the pastries which appeared to be delicious. As for dinner, it was unfortunately, was awful. We ordered the duck confit and the scallops in lemon beurre blanc. The duck skin was not rendered properly and was mushy. The roasted potatoes were mushy. The scallops were well cooked, but the sauce was by far the worst thing I have ever tasted. The mussoline tasted like butted whipped with a few spots of unblended potatoes. I think at a cheaper price the restaurant would be worth giving a shot in case we were there On an off night, but the prices they charge are absolutely not worth it. For $25 a plate I would go To 3030 ocean, himmarshee, or Just about anywhere else downtown.
- This restaurant was a pleasantFoodie16VIPDined on 7/2/2011This restaurant was a pleasant surprise. Imagine finding truly authentic French food in Davie of all places! The menu had all the traditional favorites you'd expect to find and some new creative choices as well. The service was delightful and the owners are there and accessible. The restaurant is clearly a passion for them and it shows. I hope everyone who likes French food finds this little gem.Special Features:
- A Positive Memorable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2011My wife, mother, and me treated a family friend, who happens to be a French teacher and visits France often, to On The Menu for the first time. Upon entering the establishment, we are politely greeted and welcomed to our table. The service was exceptional. The owners were friendly and made an introduction as well. Our table had the Pork Chops, Lamb, and Salmon. The quality of food was top quality and the preparation was authentic French cuisine with an Italien flare. The pastries and bread just added the icing to the cake. We would definitely return and highly recommend On the Menu to any one who is interested in fine dining, great service, a warm atmosphere, and inviting management. A++++++!Special Features:
- Delightful DiningHungryLindaVIPDined on 5/31/2011This restaurant is an unexpected winner. The service was excellent, with the servers explaing each dish on the menu in detail. The food was very fresh and prepared with unusual sauces, especially the scallops. Deserts reminded us of the many French patisseries in Paris. We look forward to returning to the restaurant soon.Special Features:
- Very friendly staff and owners.DanielPVIPDined on 5/27/2011Very friendly staff and owners. Owners were very happy to explain the menu and desserts. Food was very tasty and prepared perfectly. French pastries for dessert were fantastic.Special Features:
- Great dessert selection &OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2011Great dessert selection & they taste good too. The owner is very nice & attentive.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011Excellent food and service. The owner is charming and goes to the tables . Howeer, the menu could be better.Special Features:
- Shinning StarOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011The food was excellent, even my two daughters raved, which is rare. Would highly recommend it and will be back. The service was a little slow but being that it was Mothers Day and still early in the morning I don't considerate a real issue. It was a pleasure finding a restaurant in this part of town that serves real food at a reasonable price. Highly recommend trying it.Special Features:
- Very disappointing. poor service,Pookie15VIPDined on 4/22/2011Very disappointing. poor service, wrong food, overcooked, had to keep asking for bread....
- Food was delicious but lateChuquigirlVIPDined on 4/16/2011Food was delicious but late and some not that hot; perhaps due to large party there beforehand.Special Features:
- How have we missed this place?DoctorTDined on 4/11/2011Food is prepared individually so wait time might frustrate some. The food is beautifully prepared and served enthusiastically. Our waiter talked with and treated us like he had known us for years. A cook himself is ability to explain how menu items were prepared was as good as anywhere I have dined. The restaurant itself is minimal regarding decorations and ambiance. The owner provided after dinner drinks, he said we were fun to have in his establishment. We will recommend and return.Special Features:
- Food was delicious, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2011Food was delicious, however, the bread could have been brought to the table warm. Good menu selection with choices for everyone. I would return.Special Features:
- The menu is very very limited...JeannetteDined on 3/12/2011The menu is very very limited... even for a French restaurant...for many now look to incorporate a couple of dishes that are not way too saucy... let the fresh ingedients speak for themselves. The salad... eh... nothing to speak of.. a pile of mesculun greens on a plate with 3 sprigs of julienned carrot... honestly! But the killer was the friendly staff wth NO training whatsoever... things arriving cold, coffee with no milk... by the time milk and sugar arrived the coffee was at best lukewarm... I gave this place 2 tries. No more!!