On Sunset at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
11461 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
On Sunset at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luxehotels.com/sunset/onsunset
- Phone: 3104766571x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 2:30pm - 10:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every Thursday night and Sunday Brunch.
A word from On Sunset at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel’s fashionably designed Bel Air restaurant, On Sunset, presents the celebrated cuisine of Executive Chef Olivier Rousselle. Known for discriminating taste, our menus feature seasonal California fare with a splash of French influence. Bel Air fine dining is available al fresco on the comfortable and luxurious patio or indoors in the main dining room. Dine with us and experience one of the best restaurants in Los Angeles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
On Sunset at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel - Best Restaurants in Bel-Air ›
On Sunset at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (7)romantic (5)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Glorious brunch, but...BarbaraBVIPDined on 9/7/2014The buffet brunch was glorious, as usual last Sunday, but the waitstaff was surprisingly AWOL. The brunch buffet is varied with a stunning array of seafood , great om letters, and lunch items including real prime rib. Guilty desserts are abundant. This week, however, we found it hard to find a waiter, get a coffee refill, or have the table bussed between trips to the buffet. Our past experience has been different so perhaps they were just short handed this week. Well go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EntertainingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/2/2014You cannot beat the Luxe for entertaining. They have a very pleasant outside space where you can carry on a leisurely conversation in a very pleasant setting. The service is unhurried, professional, pleasant, and helpful. The formal dining space is very nicely done and can be romantic. The overall experience is very adult. I had a major birthday party in the outside space and the food was delicious, the service first rate, and the overall experience memorable.Special Features:
- Superb Experience!SherylVIPDined on 8/7/2014This restaurant gets everything exactly right! Most importantly, they know that people want to visit with friends and the noise level is very low. The food and service are excellent in every way, the ambiance is serene and each member of the staff is friendly and helpful. Skip the restaurants that want you to listen to their blaring, head-pounding music and head for On Sunset and the treat of a lifetime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opentable got times incorrectMimosaDined on 6/15/2014We went to the Luxe Hotel website, clicked on Sunday Brunch, then was redirected to Opentable to make our reservations. I tried making a 10:45 Reservation as we have kids and prefer the earliest time. Opentable said that was not available and it suggested 9:45. I made that reservation and was sent an email confirmation from Luxe Hotel confirming our Sunday Brunch reservations. This was Father's Day and my husband was really looking forward to it. We have a 2 and 4 year old and were shocked and disappointed when the hostess told us the brunch didn't start until 11:00. We went home upset and disappointed. We couldn't exactly wait around until 11 with 2 kids. They were hungry and don't exactly sit still for several hours.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL EXEPERIENCECowittDined on 6/13/2014As usual, my two friends and I enjoyed our quarterly luncheon at On Sunset. We will return later in the year for another wonderful lunch.Special Features:
- Great service.Sheerah2020Dined on 6/1/2014We wanted an unhurried brunch where we could linger and enjoy some quality time with our adult children. This was perfect. Live jazz was a background bonus. Attentive service good food. Enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still SpecialBuzzzVIPDined on 5/28/2014Excellent for luncheon and out door area is great now that it is lightly covered and no more umbrellas to move.Special Features:
- Elegance1Dined on 5/25/2014The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. I am already making plans for next month for a birthday party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014Three of us went for lunch on a Saturday. My husband ordered soup for a starter. My mom ordered a small Caesar salad. I ordered a small house salad. The waiter brought the soup and 2 small Caesar salads. I asked if mine was the house salad, and he said no, he split the Caesar salad in half, for my mom and myself. I asked if there was garlic in the Caesar salad. His answer was of course there was. I said I couldn't eat it then. My husband explained that I am allergic to garlic. The waiter said what do you want me to do? He asked if my husband wanted to eat it. Then said he could see if he could get me just a plain salad. What? He should of said of taken the plate away, and apologized and brought me a small house salad.Special Features:
- The following 212 reviews are from the On Sunset at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel reviews archive.
- Great brunch!Bre7ezyDined on 5/18/2014What an incredible brunch! Unlimited champs. Good coffee. Incredible food. I loved that the shellfish was already de-shelled. And the food selection was incredible! I'd love to go again when I am more hungry to try more things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WORST SERVICE EVERSpunkyMonkeyDined on 5/11/2014Perhaps because it was Mother's Day, it was not free flowing wine like it normally is. That's fine, but when I am getting a second and third glass of wine, I should have a clean glass. I always order Amaretto and Espresso, but when I asked for it, I was told that they couldn't get it for me because the bar was too far. I asked for a small dish at the buffet for soy sauce and two different servers went to get one for me and never returned. The bill was placed on the table while we were still eating. My friend and I were going to split the bill. I pulled out my credit card and had it sitting on table to the side. It was taken and run for full amt. Then they ran it for new amount and I still have two charges on my card. $174.40 and $100.Special Features:
- Exquisite Sunday Brunch withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2014Exquisite Sunday Brunch with tranquil ambiance and lively music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They would have to try to do worseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2014Space smelled of bleach, somm brought the wrong wine then disappeared never to be seen again, service was unbelievably slow and my water glass was almost always empty. The food was good but not exceptional. The guest with Tourettes could have probably been handled better on her to go order but didn't really impact our meal.
- Another lovely lunch at OnSunsetCowittDined on 3/20/2014My 2 friends and I again enjoyed the food and the outdoor seating where we could hear each other. We come here 4 times a year to meet and eat together. We will return.Special Features:
- Lunch "At Sunset" at the LuxeGregDDined on 3/15/2014Quiet, relaxed, shaded outdoor dining with a variety of food selections in a relaxed genteel hotel environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find a quiet restaurantBHCLAVIPDined on 3/5/2014Hard to find a quiet restaurant in L.A. - perhaps, anywhere. So nice to go with friends where you don't have to shout to be heard and/or cup your hands behind your ears to hear. Not dull, but quiet with tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Sunday Jazz BrunchChitashellDined on 2/23/2014Excellent Customer service all around from the valet service to the hostess to the wait staff. The ambiance was perfect: the jazz music in the background definitely allowed for an enjoyable dining experience; an elderly couple even got up to dance at one point. The food selection was delightful and plentiful; our party of 3 all had very different tastes and we found enough options to have a feast. What stood out from our dinning experience was the delicious seafood particularly the crab legs & oysters, the tasty desserts and the amazing customer service from the wait staff. Someone in the party inquired about a particular cooked dish not being offered, the request was put in and delivered straight to the table in less than 15 mins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem at the 405 and SunsetDerekDined on 2/18/2014I had a business lunch here a few weeks ago, and forgot what a great restaurant they had. I returned today for another business lunch, and was equally impressed. Centrally located where Sunset and the 405 meet, my entire party raved about how great the food and atmosphere were. Definitely recommend. (PS - Valet parking is free for 2-hours when you eat at the restaurant. What could be any easier?)Special Features:
- Go somewhere else for foodSuzanneDined on 2/14/2014We were here as part of a hotel stay on Valentines weekend/Jamzilla. We wanted to stay in & eat at the hotel. Were told by the servers on Saturday am that there was a huge problem w/ Open Table reservation that did not "close" out reservations for Valentine's night, with many guests, not enough servers & food gaps. We left at 10:15 left the restaurant, after 2 hrs of waiting with our reservation at 815 and ordered Dominos, who arrived in 30 min. However, the problem is more widespread & they need to hire a new Restaurant Manager. Hostesses are cleaning tables, serving coffee & making apologies. Servers are scarce & overworked. Even basic table set up, being readied for breakfast each day with utensils, cups & napkins is lacking.
- WAY understaffed. One serverspacecowboy001Dined on 2/14/2014WAY understaffed. One server for over 10-15 tables, serving a five course meal? It was one hour before we received our first entree. We went to the bar to order drinks because we couldn't get a drink menu. The hostess couldn't seat people because she was clearing tables and helping the wait staff. Such incredible disorganization by a restaurant that is charging over $75 a plate. We went back for breakfast the next morning. A different staff and the exact same problem happened. I'm not sure what the management is doing, but if they want to run an upscale restaurant, they had better get their resource allocation right, and hire the right amount of people for the right times. My wife and I will never go back to this restaurant.
- food deliveryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014the food delivery was so poor I was embarrassed to have brought my wife for such a special day. The management owes all of its customers a note of apology.
- Always a great dining experienceWestwoodgirlDined on 2/10/2014My friends and I have been coming here for years and have always experienced great dining. The food is very fresh and deliciious. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Everything done right!SherylVIPDined on 1/21/2014Food is delicious melt in your mouth and the service is friendly and very helpful. BEST of all the music is soft and you can visit comfortably with friends - our most important criteria and rarely considered by most restaurants. Bravo to On Sunset for taking every element of dining into considerationa and responding so beautifully!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverwhelmedMrQuipVIPDined on 12/25/2013They didn't appear to have any bus boys, just waiters, and they were clearly over their heads. They were nice enough, just not that competent.
- WONDERFUL LUNCHCowittDined on 12/19/2013My 2 friends and I truly enjoyed our lunch. The food was delicious and the service was very good.Special Features:
- Good restaurant, not spectacular.philVIPDined on 12/15/2013Long story short: Good food, but not spectacular. The bread was probably the best part. Overall, the garnish was better than the main components for most of my party's dishes: My fish was a little dry. My wife's bouillabaisse was underseasoned... Our friends' dishes were similar. Good points: Service was great. Wine was very good. Price is fair for what it is.Special Features:
- Disappointed with poor serviceHeidiVIPDined on 11/19/2013But excellent location and nice menu compensated. Would recommend if slow neglectful inept service weren't a problem.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK brunch, very expensive...CalicakesDined on 11/3/2013While I thought some of the selections of this brunch were really good, I felt others were sorely lacking. I also felt the 50.00 price tag was not justified. The seafood selection was just OK for a "seafood brunch". I don't eat oysters so cant comment on that. The shrimp were ok, not the best, the crab legs were slightly watery. The omelet station was good and the guy was fast. He was juggling omelets, prime rib and crepes. I give him a lot of credit. None of the chafing dishes were labeled, so had no clue what some of the dishes were. I didn't know if the orange mash was sweet potato or butternut squash. I was also confused as to why there were little bowls of spinach, cheese and bacon near those chafers. The waffles were SOGGY.
- Always works for meHighway61VIPDined on 10/28/2013perfect place for meeting between the Valley and West side. Food is excellent, outdoor dining as well as indoors. Tables are spaced well apart. always works for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QUARTERLY LUNCH AT ON SUNSETCowittDined on 10/8/2013My 2 associates and I truly enjoyed our lunch and that is why we come there every 3 months to partake in the food choices and spend time together.Special Features:
- Great hideaway for lunchGaryVIPDined on 9/26/2013Working at the Getty, the Luxe is an easy getaway for lunch. And the nice thing is that the Luxe folks rotate items on the lunch menu. It seems like there is always something new. This time, I tried the delicious Super Food Salad with Ahi tuna. It was fantastic. They also have a good wine list - with many wines by the glass as well as by the bottle. If the weather is nice, request a table on the outdoor patio. The patio is covered with a light shade which lets filtered light enter the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/7/2013Very average food and really bad service There was not waiter in sight even though the restaurant we really empty
- Nice place to meet for lunchWladinerVIPDined on 8/13/2013Luxe is a central location for Valley/City lunches. Considering it is a hotel, lunch menu offers a nice variety of salads and sandwiches as well as other entrees. Free 2 hour parking makes lunch cost no different from less comfortable environments.Special Features:
- Lunch Loved by Allim4goodfoodDined on 7/20/2013It is always nice to recommend a restaurant and have everyone pleased.. My guests expressed their appreciation. We will all return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAKE UPEthelMartinPetersVIPDined on 7/1/2013Boy, the service was lousy. Three tries to get some ice. Order was completely wrong. No offers of a free drink or dessert to make up for the goofs. Obvious that the wait staff doesn't care.
- LUNCH AT ON SUNSETCowittDined on 6/26/2013As usual the food was delicious, the breads were great and the service was, as always, very fine.Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2013Had a wonderful Sunday Brunch at the Luxe Hotel for Father's Day. It was the perfect place to go for the occasion. Great food and wonderful service. We look forward to having Sunday Brunch there again very soon. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Luxe BrunchluvluxeDined on 6/16/2013What a marvelous brunch. It was Father's Day and he really likes to stay at home, however, he just loved the ambiance. It was a great family outing and the food was delicious. Quiet, serence and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for biz meeting!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2013Very few restaurants in LA where you can actually carry on a conversation over lunch. This is one of them. Elegant casual. Food that far exceeded expectations. Great service. The salmon salad was out of this world! Lite, clever combinations, yet not overdone. Everything was perfect. Selfishly... I'm kind of happy this has still not been discovered for the gem that it is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have had breakfast at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/30/2013I have had breakfast at this restaurant many times, but had not been back for several months. I was pleased that the service seems to have improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.