OMBRA Cucina Rustica
1000 William Hilton Parkway
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
OMBRA Cucina Rustica
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ombrahhi.com/
- Phone: 8438425505
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Cirafesi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from OMBRA Cucina Rustica
Celebrated Hilton Head Chef Michael Cirafesi & Legendary Maestro of Italian Cuisine Nunzio Patruno bring you OMBRA Cucina Rustica, located in the beautiful Village at Wexford on the south end of Hilton Head Island. Come and enjoy Classic Regional Italian cuisine along with an extensive wine list including Italian Benchmark wines. Stop by to relax at our bar and lounge with a spectacular selection of Italian specialty cocktails, apertifs, and digestivos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
OMBRA Cucina Rustica - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
OMBRA Cucina Rustica reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)fit for foodies (124)notable wine list (99)romantic (82)neighborhood gem (77)good for groups (42)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- One of my favoritesGinnyDined on 9/28/2014Nice wine selection, always has several fresh fish choices, great pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A keeperOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Great food and atmosphere. Staff friendly and knowledgeable.if they had been open for lunch would have gone back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Ombra is a restaurant that knows its cuisine and delivers the goods. Excellent menu, great specials, dishes that are cooked to perfection and well priced. Plus a great wine selection, with many of the top Italian varieties. A bonus is the team of servers -- well trained and attentive.Special Features:
- The BestTravelerVIPDined on 9/26/2014Ombra is one of the best on Hilton Head Island. As non residents but visiting the HHI twelve to fifteen weeks a year we dine at Ombra at least three times a week and are never disappointed. From the moment we arrive we are greated by a friendly staff followed by outstanding service and well prepared food. A must visit for those visiting HHI.Special Features:
- First VisitMacDinerVIPDined on 9/25/2014Very impressed with the evening and the food. Very accomodating service and kitchen staff. We will return again as this is now one of our top finds on the island.
- Always Delicious !!!HHIFoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014We ate at our favorite Ombra to celebrate my husbands 55th Birthday this past week and it was as always just incredibly delicious. Always greeted warmly by the host/hostess when you enter and seated promptly. My husband and I both ordered the Salmon special with the Black Caper Truffle Beurre Blanc and we all declared it was the BEST salmon dish we had ever eaten. Our waitress ,that I love, was very busy so we did not get in a dessert order as we needed to get home on a "school night"..she did bring out some of Michael's heavenly Limoncello for a birthday toast but my husband and son had already left so I just asked for the check and of course we will be back for that dessert another time.Special Features:
- prestoprestoDined on 9/23/2014Simply one of the BEST restaurants on Hilton Head Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of hilton head's besttuckerraeDined on 9/23/2014Ombra's and the Sage Room are in their own class on hilton head - followed very closely by Michael Anthony's. I prefer Ombra's - it is by far THE BEST ITALIAN from 95 to Sea Pines. The bar is perfect, the tables are spaced nicely and the ambiance is excellent. having been there more than 12 times over the past 2 years the food is consistently superb. On one occasion the service was spotty and an entree was not prepared very well. But this is minor and can happen anywhere. Overall it is a consistently excellent dining venue.Special Features:
- What a find!VeggieFanDined on 9/20/2014We had dinner here one week ago on our first night in Hilton Head (ever). The food was fabulous, from the fresh peach and Gorgonzola salad to the scallops which they obligingly converted from an appetizer to a main course. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- One word "amazing"DrewPDined on 9/15/2014We took our toddler to this amazing place for dinner. They were very welcoming to him. They do not have a kids menu however can make any pasta in a half portion or smaller for your little one. Anyone who has young ones and wants fine dinning give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantJackwDined on 9/13/2014What a delightful dining experience! This was our third visit and the food just keeps getting better...The Chef creates beautiful presentation dishes using only the freshest finest local food. Looking forward to our next visit to Hilton Head Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanJeanDined on 9/12/2014Food and atmosphere was superb. Wait staff very nice and friendly but food courses came out very far apart, but we will return as they were very busy. Busboy was really attentive and effiencient.Special Features:
- great birthday celebrationpennyDined on 9/11/2014Everything was fantastic, from the attentive and helpful waiter to the delicious pasta. The mussels as appetizer were abundant with a wonderful tomato broth. The risotto was nutty with plenty of mushrooms. It's definitely a restaurant we will return to.Special Features:
- Amazing ServicelainiegirlVIPDined on 9/10/2014Went to Ombra recently. I will have to say that I was quite impressed with the service. Our server was very attentive and gave us excellent wine recommendations. Our dessert was amazing. Will go back for sure!Special Features:
- Good food, tight quartersHappyspirit4everDined on 9/9/2014Our food was very good, and the portions perfect. My husband ordered the appetizer portion as he wasn't too hungry and felt the amount of food was just right. It's a tight squeeze with your neighboring tables, making it impossible to have a confidential or intimate conversation. Service was friendly and our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experience!luvital44Dined on 9/8/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant and we will definitely return. The food is absolutely wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBBQfanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Truly exceptional food and service. We were in HH for the week and found some great restaurants but this was the best. The homemade pasta cannot be beatenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- retireDined on 9/5/2014Ombra has really stepped up its game. We had gone shortly after it first opened and were disappointed but this time everything was exceptional!Special Features:
- Food good .. service not so muchSuzhausDined on 9/4/2014Restaurant had been recommended by the Grand Ocean, we were so disappointed... food was good but a bit overpriced.. Our waiter had lots of personality, just not a whole lot of knowledge.. After ordering a bottle of Barbera de Asti 2011 for $38.00, we questioned him when he brought us a bottle with a date of 2007.. He informed us it was a type-o and proceeded to open it .. All of a sudden the General Manager came in and grabbed it from him.. It was a $139.00 bottle of Barbera de Asti. So much drama.. Needless to say, he was more interested in selling the bottle he was going to have to buy than waiting on us. After making several trips up to the bar I think he finally sold it to someone.. The service really ruined the food for us..
- Great Italian MealsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We went to OMBRA Cucina for our anniversary. It was simply wonderful!! I would highly recommend the restaurant based on the quality of the food and the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backFoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2014We loved it!!! From the appetizers to the pasta to the entrees and all desserts, the food was fantastic, will definitely come back. Our waiter was great, very informative and offered good suggestions. Only problem was the service staff kept trying to take our plates before we finished.Special Features:
- Very noisynutsyDined on 8/31/2014Loved everything about it except the noise level. It made conversation difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Very Good, Food AMAZING!coptercopDined on 8/30/2014Arrived 15 minutes before our reservation time, and the table was not ready yet, so we had a glass of wine at the bar. Service at the bar was slow. Got to our table and the waiter was fantastic. He took the time to tell us their specials, and then described some of the items on the regular dinner menu including his personal favorites. I selected the veal marsala, which was simply fabulous. I shared some with my girlfriend, and she thought that it had a touch too much salt, but I loved it. She selected another veal entree, with a type of rich sauce, and it was great too. After dinner we had the custard/fruit/lemoncello for desert. It too was great! Not too sweet, but nice. Their home made lemoncello was very nice. HIGHLY RECOMMENDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ombra never fails to pleaseHattieVIPDined on 8/28/2014Nicole was our waitress in the bar area. She amazed us at how she would handle bar orders, answer the phone and wait tables. She never stopped moving. The presentation of our entrees was beautiful and as always absolutely delicious(ravioli and veal medallions). Ombra is one of our island favorites. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant!LadynGADined on 8/27/2014Our experience at Ombra was outstanding! It began with our waiter, Ned, who was engaging and had excellent suggestions. From our fig and prosciutto appetizer, the homemade spinach and ricotta ravioli, veal chop and veal Marsala and our cannoli, all aspects of our dinner met our expectations! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceHHregularDined on 8/27/2014Attractive menu, great food, nice setting. Snapper and filet were cooked to perfection. Pasta and risotto were excellent as well. Great experience overall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every aspect.NoNickDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding. OMBRA is clearly the best restaurant on Hilton Head Island and is clearly our favorite eating place. Although we go to OMBRA frequently, thisa trip was inspired by a couple visiting from Charleston. We took them to OMBRA several months ago (their first time) and now they insiste that we go back to OMBRA anytime they are in town. It was another great dining experience; every dish (including appetizers we had 10 separate dishes) was perfect, the wines were well paired, and the service matched the quality of the food and the preparation & presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XxxxVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our party of four was pleased with everything we had at Ombra. The ravioli of the day was excellent as an appetizer. The soft shell crab special was a generous portion and quite delicious. The halibut was wonderful. Our friends were pleased with their salad and entree. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant is awesomePiper1Dined on 8/22/2014The food was great and deserts unbelievably good the service was awesome. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHHIGuyVIPDined on 8/18/2014First-class. Two perfectly presented and cooked entrees, wonderful mussels, well-made and mixed cocktails. Ignore other reviews which whine about the proximity of tables for two---exaggerated concerns as are the concerns abkut noise. If you've eaten in Manhattan at a table for two the spacing at Ombra will seem spacious. Server Mitch even rushed outside to give us the remainder of an entree we left on the table. Greeted promptly and were welcomed from the start. A can't missSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Outstanding!foodie88Dined on 8/17/2014Every aspect of our dining experience at Ombra was outstanding!! The specials were simply wonderful - perfectly cooked fish, flavorful sauces. And not only was the food delicious, but the waitstaff was superb. Our server Gloria was one of the best servers we've ever had - a true waitress! We will be returning, for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014From the minute we walked through the doors of this unassuming dining establishment we felt welcomed and appreciated. The hostesses were friendly and warm. Our server introduced himself soon after we were seated and offered to take our drink order right away. Service was prompt but not rushed. The specials were divine! The chocolate lava cake and cannoli with homemade pistacio gelato is a must so save room! All in all it was a great evening due to the splendid staff, food and ambiance.Special Features:
- My husbands birthdayDiningoutDined on 8/15/2014From the minute we walked in the door, it was spectacular. Because it was a special occasion we were greeted with a glass of Champagne as soon as we sit down. There were so many great things on the menu it was hard to decide so we went with the specials. The Halibut was the absolute best fish I have ever tasted. We will be back soon!!! Even though it was crowded it was still quiet enough to hold a conversation without shouting at each other. Ron was our waiter and he was fantastic! I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Love itSusanVIPDined on 8/13/2014We went to dinner on Wednesday night and enjoyed it do much bringing family back on TuesdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spaghetti Bolognese4goodfoodDined on 8/13/2014a little pricey, but good italian food. nice bar. service was no nosense. it does get busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to HHI dining sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014After 19 years of vacationing at Hilton Head, we've narrowed our favorite list to Charlie's, Redfish, and Santa Fe Cafe.............And now we've added Ombra. It's new and it's a great addition to Hilton Head Island. We we're very pleasantly surprised. The food was authentic Italian and the atmosphere was warm and inviting. Our server, Mitch, made sure our experience and our dinner was perfect.Special Features:
- OutstandingPeterXDined on 8/12/2014Food and service impeccable. Thanks again. We will be visiting you again for our special occasions and have also recommended you to friends.Special Features:
- Great meal!!!suzyqVIPDined on 8/11/2014This was the 1st time we dined at Ombra and we're glad we did....Got there early enough to enjoy happy hour at the bar. Treated to a complimentary sample of pizza, reduced price drinks. Our meal was wonderful. My husband and I both had salads, he had the special salad of the night and I had the peach sample which was delicious. I had the pasta bolognese and my husband had a fish special. No room for dessert. We ate there on a Monday and almost every table was taken. I would definitely go back!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT VALUERockyDined on 8/9/2014Most of us ordered off of the Early Bird Menu and were very impressed with the selections and portion size. The service was also excellent and we had no trouble hearing each other as we carried on a conversation. Ombra is a restaurant you don't want to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We loved the restaurant that now sits in the location where our previous Hilton Head favorite restaurant, Antonios, once was. We were immediately impressed with the decor and ambiance of Ombra, and, best of all, were blown away by the food and presentation. Ombra may just be our new favorite restaurant on Hilton Head.