OMBRA Cucina Rustica
1000 William Hilton Parkway
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
OMBRA Cucina Rustica
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ombrahhi.com/
- Phone: (843) 842-5505
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Cirafesi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Visit www.ombrahhi.com for the latest special events featuring eclectic menus and featured wine producers.
A word from OMBRA Cucina Rustica
Top chefs Michael Cirafesi and Nunzio Patruno have come together to bring to Hilton Head Island and the low country region one of the area’s most acclaimed Italian restaurant and bar, Ombra Cucina Rustica, located in the beautiful Village at Wexford on the south end of Hilton Head Island. Come and enjoy innovative Italian cuisine along with an extensive wine list including Italian Benchmark wines. Stop by to relax at our bar and lounge with a spectacular selection of Italian specialty cocktails, apertifs, and digestivos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
OMBRA Cucina Rustica - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
OMBRA Cucina Rustica reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (135)special occasion (120)notable wine list (104)neighborhood gem (85)romantic (77)good for groups (44)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Early DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014This was exceptionally good for early dinning. The menu is smaller but delicious choices. Our group ordered different salads, entrees and desserts and all were delicious. Wine selections were reasonable but mixed drinks a little pricey. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veteran's Day dinner treatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014My husband and I went here based on recommendations from some of his golf buddies. What an awesome find! Everything about our experience was great. The food was delicious, our service was very helpful in making our wine and food selections, and the chef's creations were delicious. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice MealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2014We decided to give them a try based on other reviews. The service was prompt and courteous. The food was good and thoughtfully prepared. The beet salad was a standout. The wine list was interesting and varied and served appropriately. We would certainly go again.Special Features:
- OutstandingDaveDined on 11/5/2014First time visit with friends from out of town. All four of us extremely pleased with everything. The Insalata Gorgonzola was special. One friend said his seafood linguine was the best he ever had. I had it also but I would have preferred a white sauce as opposed to the tomato sauce. But still very good. Wife had the ravioli and loved it. And the service was attentive. Would come back in a heart beat.Special Features:
- A gem of a RestaurantLuccaDined on 11/2/2014Outstanding food. Great wine. Our waiter Anthony was a first class professional at his job while at the same time was very friendly. Food was and is always great. "Chef Michael and his kitchen are spot on with their dishes. We do not live on HH and when we visit we always dine at Ombra once or twice while are here. Not to be missed.Special Features:
- VIP TreatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014I made this reservation for my parents for my Father's birthday - none of us had ever been before. When I called to confirm the details with the staff I spoke with Mary (the manager) who was very kind and promised to make it a great occasion for them - and she did! She greeted them with champagne on arrival and they proceeded to have an evening that they have since raved about. Incredible food, wonderful service, great ambience. And, they were even treated to limoncello as dessert! I am certain they will be back often and now my husband and I can't wait to go ourselves!Special Features:
- Mediocre food for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I were excited to see all the great reviews for this new restaurant on Hilton head but our experience was not so great. The service was very good the Decour is very nice the Tuscan bean soup was very good but the main dishes, a pasta and a chicken dish, were both swimming in sauce that were mediocre at best. Good Italian cooking is balanced and allows you to taste all the ingredients, these dishes were neither, they were overpowered by a bland sauce on each. Hope it was an off night for the chef but given how much sauce was on each dish it doesn't seem likely.
- TravelerDined on 10/30/2014Pleasant surprise on HHI. OMBRA provided a superb evening. We were greeted at the door and promptly seated. The wait staff was very attentive. Our waiter helped us select a great wine to accompany our meals. We hope to enjoy many more meals at OMBRA. We highly recommend this Cucina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experience!didsDined on 10/30/2014The ambience and decor in Ombra gave my husband and I the feeling we were in Tuscany. We were greeted promptly, seated at a lovely table and served by Jeremy, who turned out to be one of the best servers we have had the pleasure of experiencing. The mussels (and particularly the broth) were some of the best I have ever eaten. Our entries were plentiful but not too large, seasoned to perfection and served piping hot. The timing between courses couldn't have been better. We are looking forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentHappyFoodieDined on 10/30/2014I truly love Ombra.The food there makes me happy. We always take our houseguests there. The last time we were in Hilton Head we took our new neighbors there. We just returned to HHI,and our neighbors told us they have taken all there visitors there too. They have excellent food and a staff that makes you feel welcome and works together to make your dining a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdwardDined on 10/30/2014As always our dining experience was outstanding. When visiting Hilton Head our visit is always a treat!Special Features:
- always outstandingDaveDined on 10/30/2014we took friends who had just purchased a second home in HHI here for a special welcome dinner because we knew that we wouldn't be disappointed. It was fabulous as always - the wait staff made great recommendations for wine and food. I'll bet our freinds will be back.Special Features:
- Hits on all cylindersLive2eatDined on 10/28/2014My wife and I shared an anniversary dinner there recently. Every aspect of the experience was top notch; the service, the ambiance, and of course, the food. My wife had the veal medallions, and I had a branzino special; both were out of this world! This will be a go to spot for special occasions and quick get aways for us in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was greatElvisVIPDined on 10/28/2014Food and service was awesome Highly recommended it Will tell all my friendsOur waiter Mitch was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitJ1285Dined on 10/27/2014recommended by a friend. Was not disappointed. Definitely upscaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 135abcDined on 10/27/2014It was our anniversary and we were surprised when we were given a glass of champagne. (Very nice) Service was outstanding. She was very knowledgeable of everything on the menu, including all the drinks. Food was so good. It could not have been any better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Outstanding food and well presented. We appreciated the special attention given for helping us choose the right table for 85-yr-old guests. Great wine pairing. Very helpful and pleasant waiter. This is one of the best Hilton Head restaurants at which we have eaten in 20 yrs of visiting. The menu is current and not too heavy. The fish entrees are outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Food was great, but they should cut down on butter, the raviolis were swimming in 1/4" of pure butter.Special Features:
- Incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Every part of this restaurant is fabulous. From the first taste of the Cosmo I ordered to the last bite of the molten chocolate dessert, every bite and sip was scrumptious! The scallop appetizer with truffle butter/oil was amazing (so much that I used my bread to sop up the last of the butter)! The homemade tagliatelle with bolognese was so tasty! I am an Italian food lover and felt that this was one of the best meals I have ever had! If I lived in Hilton Head, this would be a regular place for me to eat! The service is great and everyone is so friendly. I went by myself and ate at the bar and felt very comfortable hanging out alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to get back to HHIBillDined on 10/24/2014First time at OMBRA during a recent visit to Hilton Head. Excellent cuisine and service. Will be back in February. OMBRA will be on the agenda the first evening!Special Features:
- Outstanding!MissjanetVIPDined on 10/24/2014Our dinner at Ombra was perfect from start to finish. Our waiter was outstanding and our food amazing! The beet salad and gnocchi were some of the best dishes we have ever had. We highly recommend this restaurant. Wish we lived close enough to make it a regular for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May be my new favoriteFeliciaDined on 10/24/2014Been on the island for 25 years. Lots of really good restaurants. Ombra may be my new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent3sistersDined on 10/20/2014We had a wonderful time at Ombra. The food was fantastic (we especially recommend the Gorgonzola gnocchi and wild Mushroom risotto). Our waiter Mitch was attentive and helped make our dining experience one of the best in Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/17/2014pasta dishes better than chicken entrees. very good wine list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 years and runningHerbVIPDined on 10/16/2014The past three years the combo of Chef Michael, Manager Mary and Waiter extraordinare Mr Dyer makes this the best of the best on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodie59Dined on 10/13/2014We are definitely foodies and we were looking forward to an evening of simple but interesting pasta. We were encouraged to try a dish with tomato sauce and a touch of cream and asked if it was rich. Waiter assured us no. When it came it was so rich neither of us could handle more than a couple bites. All of the choices were heavy and very traditional. They didn't taste bad, just not interesting or different. If you like traditional you will be very happy and this review isn't for you.
- designsinbeadsDined on 10/13/2014One of the best restaurants on the island. Our appetizers were outstanding and our server, Gloria, was a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovesfoodVIPDined on 10/13/2014did not enjoy. Ordered sea bass but not sure that is what I received. Looked more like cod...? music was so fast paced that I was in a hurry to eat and could not relax. won't be back.
- Great find!LoriKDined on 10/12/2014We wanted to try a new restaurant on our annual visit to Hilton Head and found this place. We loved the decor, atmosphere, food and service. Our waiter was outstanding, very friendly and helpful. The menu had so many delicious options. My daughter had the risotto, I had some pasta and my husband had the veal chop. We all enjoyed our meals very much. We look forward to visiting OMBRA on our next visit!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerSuzieVIPDined on 10/12/2014Everything was delicious and service was terrific . The only problem was the rude customer who could not keep her voice down.Special Features:
- Gloria was glorious!FoodieCatVIPDined on 10/11/2014From the moment we were greeted by Mary to the end of the meal we have a great evening! Food was delicious but the service was the best! Gloria was fantastic with wine pairing help, suggestions and her service was fantastic. Definitely will be back here! Oh, don't forget the limoncello to end your meal with! Made in house!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/9/2014Great early dining specials. We had Mitch as our waiter & he was so helpful. We will definitely return when we are back in HH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!CindyDined on 10/7/2014We truly enjoyed our experience at Ombra. Our kind of Italian restaurant. Wish we had something like it in Kansas City, MO. One small criticism is we were disappointed in the tiramisu. The dinner and wine were excellent and so we were surprised when the tiramisu was not very good at all. We will definitely come back when we visit Hilton Head again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Anniversary dinnerEatoutfunVIPDined on 10/7/2014From the service to the food this was a great anniversary celebration. It started with a great welcome, prosecco toast and outstanding appetizers. Our server was fantastic recommending great wines and guiding us through ordering. There were 3 fish specials which all sounded great. Theone I ordered was outstanding.This was our first visit and we will be regulars in future Hilton Head vacations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian nightOhioBDined on 10/5/2014Wonderful meal,extremely friendly,welcoming and knowledgeable staff. Our server Mitch was absolutely great ..so helpful! We had a great evening at Ombra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outanding!130sunsetsVIPDined on 10/4/2014OMBRA absolutely live up to everything we had read about it. Food was outstanding - scallops, striped bass and truffle mushroom ravioli were all outstanding. Have to add that our server Alex helped to make the evening even more special.Special Features:
- Every course was fabulous!ChrisDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I have eaten at Umbra several times and have been beyond pleased every time. We enjoyed the special prosciutto, burrata and arugula and tomato salad, which was so tender it melted in my mouth. We had a wild mushroom ravioli for a second course that was equally delicious. Third course was on the menu - Filetto di Vitello alla “Nino Bergese”, which was perfectly seasoned and prepared. The server was attentive but not hovering. Dessert was a lemoncello fruit parfait that was also delicious. A fabulous meal from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OmbraOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/2/2014We finally got to Ombra and LOVED it. It was a nice change from the many fish restaurants at Hilton Head. It was a great Italian restaurant and now on our list when we vacation here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific find on HHIOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/1/2014My husband and I spent the week of Sept. 29 on Hilton Head Island. Our first-time dinner at Ombra Cucina Rustica was a highlight of the week. Food, cocktails, wine, service--all were excellent. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. Our waiter, Mitch, was outstanding. He guided us expertly through the menu, and his suggestions were right on point. Every dish was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. Do not miss the peach salad! No, I am not employed by the restaurant--this is a genuine all-out rave review from a recent diner who is accustomed to fine dining in the New York City area. If you are anywhere near Hilton Head Island, treat yourself to Ombra. We can't wait to return next year!Special Features:
- Your Next Favorite RestaurantbuckeyegalVIPDined on 10/1/2014Believe all the hype and talk about OMBRA...IT IS one of the BEST Italian restaurants on Hilton Head Island. From the moment you enter, you find yourself dreaming again about your Tuscan vacation. The service staff is fabulous, fully informed about the menu, offer fabulous suggestions and parings, and timely. The Specials are tempting and their regular menu is filled with mouth-watering comfort and inventive options, and DO save room, they create and serve the BEST Tiramisu on the Island, no kidding. The wine list has plenty of options for all in addition to a full bar with a decent beer selection too. I enjoyed a seafood special that was light and flavorful, my boyfriend enjoyed a pasta dish. You won't be disappointed, but call ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.