OMBRA Cucina Rustica
1000 William Hilton Parkway
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
OMBRA Cucina Rustica
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ombrahhi.com/
- Phone: 8438425505
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Cirafesi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from OMBRA Cucina Rustica
Celebrated Hilton Head Chef Michael Cirafesi & Legendary Maestro of Italian Cuisine Nunzio Patruno bring you OMBRA Cucina Rustica, located in the beautiful Village at Wexford on the south end of Hilton Head Island. Come and enjoy Classic Regional Italian cuisine along with an extensive wine list including Italian Benchmark wines. Stop by to relax at our bar and lounge with a spectacular selection of Italian specialty cocktails, apertifs, and digestivos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
OMBRA Cucina Rustica - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
OMBRA Cucina Rustica reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)fit for foodies (126)notable wine list (101)romantic (79)neighborhood gem (71)good for groups (36)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Attractive menu, great food, nice setting. Snapper and filet were cooked to perfection. Pasta and risotto were excellent as well. Great experience overall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every aspect.NoNickDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding. OMBRA is clearly the best restaurant on Hilton Head Island and is clearly our favorite eating place. Although we go to OMBRA frequently, thisa trip was inspired by a couple visiting from Charleston. We took them to OMBRA several months ago (their first time) and now they insiste that we go back to OMBRA anytime they are in town. It was another great dining experience; every dish (including appetizers we had 10 separate dishes) was perfect, the wines were well paired, and the service matched the quality of the food and the preparation & presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XxxxVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our party of four was pleased with everything we had at Ombra. The ravioli of the day was excellent as an appetizer. The soft shell crab special was a generous portion and quite delicious. The halibut was wonderful. Our friends were pleased with their salad and entree. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014The food was great and deserts unbelievably good the service was awesome. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHHIGuyVIPDined on 8/18/2014First-class. Two perfectly presented and cooked entrees, wonderful mussels, well-made and mixed cocktails. Ignore other reviews which whine about the proximity of tables for two---exaggerated concerns as are the concerns abkut noise. If you've eaten in Manhattan at a table for two the spacing at Ombra will seem spacious. Server Mitch even rushed outside to give us the remainder of an entree we left on the table. Greeted promptly and were welcomed from the start. A can't missSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Outstanding!foodie88Dined on 8/17/2014Every aspect of our dining experience at Ombra was outstanding!! The specials were simply wonderful - perfectly cooked fish, flavorful sauces. And not only was the food delicious, but the waitstaff was superb. Our server Gloria was one of the best servers we've ever had - a true waitress! We will be returning, for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014From the minute we walked through the doors of this unassuming dining establishment we felt welcomed and appreciated. The hostesses were friendly and warm. Our server introduced himself soon after we were seated and offered to take our drink order right away. Service was prompt but not rushed. The specials were divine! The chocolate lava cake and cannoli with homemade pistacio gelato is a must so save room! All in all it was a great evening due to the splendid staff, food and ambiance.Special Features:
- My husbands birthdayDiningoutDined on 8/15/2014From the minute we walked in the door, it was spectacular. Because it was a special occasion we were greeted with a glass of Champagne as soon as we sit down. There were so many great things on the menu it was hard to decide so we went with the specials. The Halibut was the absolute best fish I have ever tasted. We will be back soon!!! Even though it was crowded it was still quiet enough to hold a conversation without shouting at each other. Ron was our waiter and he was fantastic! I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Love itSusanVIPDined on 8/13/2014We went to dinner on Wednesday night and enjoyed it do much bringing family back on TuesdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spaghetti Bolognese4goodfoodDined on 8/13/2014a little pricey, but good italian food. nice bar. service was no nosense. it does get busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to HHI dining sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014After 19 years of vacationing at Hilton Head, we've narrowed our favorite list to Charlie's, Redfish, and Santa Fe Cafe.............And now we've added Ombra. It's new and it's a great addition to Hilton Head Island. We we're very pleasantly surprised. The food was authentic Italian and the atmosphere was warm and inviting. Our server, Mitch, made sure our experience and our dinner was perfect.Special Features:
- OutstandingPeterXDined on 8/12/2014Food and service impeccable. Thanks again. We will be visiting you again for our special occasions and have also recommended you to friends.Special Features:
- Great meal!!!suzyqVIPDined on 8/11/2014This was the 1st time we dined at Ombra and we're glad we did....Got there early enough to enjoy happy hour at the bar. Treated to a complimentary sample of pizza, reduced price drinks. Our meal was wonderful. My husband and I both had salads, he had the special salad of the night and I had the peach sample which was delicious. I had the pasta bolognese and my husband had a fish special. No room for dessert. We ate there on a Monday and almost every table was taken. I would definitely go back!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT VALUERockyDined on 8/9/2014Most of us ordered off of the Early Bird Menu and were very impressed with the selections and portion size. The service was also excellent and we had no trouble hearing each other as we carried on a conversation. Ombra is a restaurant you don't want to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We loved the restaurant that now sits in the location where our previous Hilton Head favorite restaurant, Antonios, once was. We were immediately impressed with the decor and ambiance of Ombra, and, best of all, were blown away by the food and presentation. Ombra may just be our new favorite restaurant on Hilton Head.
- Best authentic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014A "must have" on your trip to HHI. Best authentic Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite restaurant!live2eatDined on 8/5/2014An awesome dining experience! We felt like we were back in Italy. Looking forward to our return to the island just to get to come to back to Ombra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Perfect FoodYummy10Dined on 8/4/2014Excellent meal. Great food with great presentation. Our waiter was cordial, well informed of menu, and dedicated to task. It is always a meal worth planning. NEVER a disappointment. Still need to work on reducing noise level.Special Features:
- Great find...KphjrVIPDined on 8/4/2014So far, this is the one restaurant that we have to go back to while still down on Hilton Head Island. Usually when traveling we shy away from Italian food as we have such great offerings in our home city, but we're happy to have found Ombra Cucina! The service, ambiance and FOOD was notable. If we lived here, we would be a regulars! Everyone seemed to have enjoyed their meals (gnocchi, veal, seafood, etc.). Local residents dine here as well! A couple we met at the restaurant have lived on Hilton Head since 1976 when access was via ferry and the island had dirt roads. Enjoy!Special Features:
- OMBRA Lived Up to its BillingJJFAVIPDined on 8/2/2014Went to OMBRA 8/2/14 and were delighted with our evening. The food (& menu) lived up to our expectations (which were high after reading others' commentaries). The wine list is extensive, albeit a bit on the pricey side. And the antipasti, pasta and other entree selections were extensive. We had the carpaccio to begin with. The thinly-sliced beef was sweet & tender. The greens and cheese with it were excellent complements. This was a first; we shall have it again. The pasta selections are varied and demonstrate the culinary skills of the chefs. We had the gnocchi & the wide ribbon pasta dishes -both in a tasty cream sauce with mushrooms and crispy prosciutto. Delicious. We topped this off with pastachio gelati. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LouGDined on 7/30/2014Happened to find restaurant while searching OpenTable for availability in area. We were on vacation and just hoping for something decent. Ombra ending up being amazing! Everything was fresh and delicious. We all were very happy with our appetizers and entrees. Dining area was very nice but not stuffy. One of the best meals we have had anywhere. We ended up going a second time during our short stay. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Some places are worth the price and Ombra is one of those. The food is outstanding, well presented, and the portions are generous as well. The wine list is a worthy selection of Italian wines with good choices by the glass as well. If you order a starter and an entree you better be hungry because there is no such thing as a small plate at this restaurant. Great food!Special Features:
- Delightful find!vegprincessVIPDined on 7/28/2014We were visiting from out of town and did not have any dining recommendations. We chose this based on Open Table info. We were very pleased with the experience. The service was very good, and the food was beautifully presented, and absolutely delicious. We did not intend to have dessert, and we were quite full. However, they had profiteroles om the menu and could not resist! They did not disappoint.Special Features:
- MdgrlVIPDined on 7/27/2014Excellent food, beautiful presentation. All 4 people in our group lived their food. The risotto was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastico Italiano!!SwordfishDined on 7/26/2014As you walk through the door you feel the warmth of a welcoming staff. We were celebrating my wife's birthday & before we could blink an eye a complimentary glass of Prosecco was at our table! Alex our server was excellent! He had great menu suggestions & poured me a taste of two Italian reds so I could decide which one would accompany my perfectly cooked Veal Tenderloin. My half portion of Gnocchi was amazing! A sprinkling of crispy pancetta bits on top brought this dish to another level! The highlight of the evening was my wife's Seafood Pasta with shrimp, lobster, clams and mussels in an absolutely out of this world white sauce! We have had this dish at countless other restaurants over the years and beyond a doubt this was the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Hilton Head/BlufftonttayDined on 7/25/2014I've lived in this area for 15+ years, and I've eaten at the best restaurants in this area & Savannah. This was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had in this area - my new favorite. I've never reviewed a restaurant before, but I made an exception because it was so outstanding in food, ambiance & service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastico!GirlMom68VIPDined on 7/24/2014What an incredible breath of fresh air! We had an incredible dinner at OMBRA. The food was simply outstanding. Truly authentic, so fresh. My kids are still talking about the gnocchis. The service was impeccable as well. By far one of the best Italilian restaurants we have ever experienced. The only other food that has ever been on this level was in my mother-in-law's kitchen. And whatever you do -- save room for dessert. Oh my goodness -- sheer heaven. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poor managementLuvthehoodVIPDined on 7/23/2014Made a reservation and were seated right away at a small table in the bar not the main restaurant. We asked if we could move to the main restaurant and the response was a flat out NO. There was no explanation, no apology, no nice sentiments whatsoever. She dropped our menus down and walked away. Luckily Megan was a great waitress or I would've walked out. Won't go back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014We have been to Ombra before and it has only become BETTER!! Chef Michael has enlarged his menu with wonderful new apps and entrees. And, of course, his homemade ravioli is to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to HHI diningOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/22/2014Great additions to HHI dining selection. We spend significant amounts of time in HHI yearly and have our regular places to dine. Ombra will go on our list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hilton Head Must!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Best Italian Resteraunt Ever! And that's a hard to get review from a true Italian! Do not eat anywhere else. Reservations are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian CuisineSpecialPlaceVIPDined on 7/21/2014This restaurant had excellent Italian cuisine. We truly loved dining here.Special Features:
- My favoriteHappyFoodieDined on 7/20/2014My husband and I both love this Oombra and have taken all our friends there. Their food is outstanding, and they are very accommodating about making changes to make you happy. If something you want isn't on the menu, ask for it. They'll do it if they have the ingredients. Everyone there works together to make sure you have a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tables for two are a problemfoodlovers4VIPDined on 7/19/2014Ombra has excellent food and service but if you are a couple be prepared to be seated along a wall with couples at nearby tables very close to you. The diner here is expensive and to have people so close to you while you eat and try to have a conversation with your dining partner is uncomfortable. The restaurant the other night was only 50% full but instead of spreading the customers out, we were all jammed along the table for two wall. I do not think I will return unless I have a party of three or more.
- A great end of vacation dinnerRailroadmanDined on 7/18/2014This was our second time at Ombra, and it was excellent both times. Everything from the mussels appetizer, through the entrees, and the Ombra sundae dessert was perfectly prepared and presented. We will definitely return when we return to Hilton Head next year..Special Features:
- Great mealHHFoodie1VIPDined on 7/18/2014We have been visiting Hilton Head Island for 15 years and this is the best Italian dinner that I ever had. I recommend the veal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise findluvthislifeVIPDined on 7/17/2014Though we have been property owners in SeaPines for over 20 years, we just recently retired full time on the Island. We've been looking for new restaurants off the beaten tourist-path and can't believe it took us this long to try Ombra. The food was outstanding, definitely a cut above the average restaurants around here. Service and staff were great, ambience is energetic but not chaotic. Tourists welcome but will absolutely become a regular stop for us "locals". The peach salad is amazing and we both had fish entrees: HIGHLY recommend trying any of the fish offerings! Pricey but totally worth it.Special Features:
- Best Italian this side of the MedJLCjlcDined on 7/14/2014Had a superb dinner for two, including fresh mussels, pasta pescatora (frutti di mare), and veal scaloppini with mushrooms. Extensive Italian wine list, with lots of bold reds, super Tuscans, etc. Selected a great Ripasso. Excellent, informed service, superb authentic olive oil, freshest ingredients, limoncello made fresh on site. We lived (and ate) in Italy for two years ... this is the best Italian we've had since leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab FoodPepperminDined on 7/14/2014Had another fabulous dinner. The halibut special is one of their absolute best. The peach salad was a treat and Mitch, our server, took great care of us. One of the best on HHI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food and Service on the IslandDennisSVIPDined on 7/12/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and our expectations were far exceeded. The service was special for this occasion and the food was outstanding. This was the third time in three years and it has only gotten better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.