OMBRA Cucina Rustica
1000 William Hilton Parkway
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
OMBRA Cucina Rustica
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ombrahhi.com/
- Phone: 8438425505
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Cirafesi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from OMBRA Cucina Rustica
Celebrated Hilton Head Chef Michael Cirafesi & Legendary Maestro of Italian Cuisine Nunzio Patruno bring you OMBRA Cucina Rustica, located in the beautiful Village at Wexford on the south end of Hilton Head Island. Come and enjoy Classic Regional Italian cuisine along with an extensive wine list including Italian Benchmark wines. Stop by to relax at our bar and lounge with a spectacular selection of Italian specialty cocktails, apertifs, and digestivos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
OMBRA Cucina Rustica - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
OMBRA Cucina Rustica reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)special occasion (126)notable wine list (104)romantic (81)neighborhood gem (78)good for groups (43)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014We had a wonderful time at Ombra. The food was fantastic (we especially recommend the Gorgonzola gnocchi and wild Mushroom risotto). Our waiter Mitch was attentive and helped make our dining experience one of the best in Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/17/2014pasta dishes better than chicken entrees. very good wine list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 years and runningHerbVIPDined on 10/16/2014The past three years the combo of Chef Michael, Manager Mary and Waiter extraordinare Mr Dyer makes this the best of the best on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodie59Dined on 10/13/2014We are definitely foodies and we were looking forward to an evening of simple but interesting pasta. We were encouraged to try a dish with tomato sauce and a touch of cream and asked if it was rich. Waiter assured us no. When it came it was so rich neither of us could handle more than a couple bites. All of the choices were heavy and very traditional. They didn't taste bad, just not interesting or different. If you like traditional you will be very happy and this review isn't for you.
- designsinbeadsDined on 10/13/2014One of the best restaurants on the island. Our appetizers were outstanding and our server, Gloria, was a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovesfoodVIPDined on 10/13/2014did not enjoy. Ordered sea bass but not sure that is what I received. Looked more like cod...? music was so fast paced that I was in a hurry to eat and could not relax. won't be back.
- Great find!LoriKDined on 10/12/2014We wanted to try a new restaurant on our annual visit to Hilton Head and found this place. We loved the decor, atmosphere, food and service. Our waiter was outstanding, very friendly and helpful. The menu had so many delicious options. My daughter had the risotto, I had some pasta and my husband had the veal chop. We all enjoyed our meals very much. We look forward to visiting OMBRA on our next visit!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerSuzieVIPDined on 10/12/2014Everything was delicious and service was terrific . The only problem was the rude customer who could not keep her voice down.Special Features:
- Gloria was glorious!FoodieCatVIPDined on 10/11/2014From the moment we were greeted by Mary to the end of the meal we have a great evening! Food was delicious but the service was the best! Gloria was fantastic with wine pairing help, suggestions and her service was fantastic. Definitely will be back here! Oh, don't forget the limoncello to end your meal with! Made in house!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/9/2014Great early dining specials. We had Mitch as our waiter & he was so helpful. We will definitely return when we are back in HH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian nightOhioBDined on 10/5/2014Wonderful meal,extremely friendly,welcoming and knowledgeable staff. Our server Mitch was absolutely great ..so helpful! We had a great evening at Ombra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outanding!130sunsetsVIPDined on 10/4/2014OMBRA absolutely live up to everything we had read about it. Food was outstanding - scallops, striped bass and truffle mushroom ravioli were all outstanding. Have to add that our server Alex helped to make the evening even more special.Special Features:
- Every course was fabulous!ChrisDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I have eaten at Umbra several times and have been beyond pleased every time. We enjoyed the special prosciutto, burrata and arugula and tomato salad, which was so tender it melted in my mouth. We had a wild mushroom ravioli for a second course that was equally delicious. Third course was on the menu - Filetto di Vitello alla “Nino Bergese”, which was perfectly seasoned and prepared. The server was attentive but not hovering. Dessert was a lemoncello fruit parfait that was also delicious. A fabulous meal from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OmbraOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/2/2014We finally got to Ombra and LOVED it. It was a nice change from the many fish restaurants at Hilton Head. It was a great Italian restaurant and now on our list when we vacation here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific find on HHIOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/1/2014My husband and I spent the week of Sept. 29 on Hilton Head Island. Our first-time dinner at Ombra Cucina Rustica was a highlight of the week. Food, cocktails, wine, service--all were excellent. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. Our waiter, Mitch, was outstanding. He guided us expertly through the menu, and his suggestions were right on point. Every dish was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. Do not miss the peach salad! No, I am not employed by the restaurant--this is a genuine all-out rave review from a recent diner who is accustomed to fine dining in the New York City area. If you are anywhere near Hilton Head Island, treat yourself to Ombra. We can't wait to return next year!Special Features:
- DocTomDocTomVIPDined on 10/1/2014A spectacular dining experience. Everything from appetizer to pasta course to main course was superb! And the desserts were the finishing touch. In addition, our server was attentive and helpful from start to finish.Special Features:
- lafongVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great meal great service classy all the way best meal in thirty years coming to the Island.
- One of my favoritesGinnyDined on 9/28/2014Nice wine selection, always has several fresh fish choices, great pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A keeperDaveyDined on 9/28/2014Great food and atmosphere. Staff friendly and knowledgeable.if they had been open for lunch would have gone back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good except for..................OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/28/2014....we were early diners and so the restaurant was quiet except for a VERY ANNOYING squeaking mechanical noise over our table. Other than that, a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianDoogieDined on 9/27/2014Ombra is a restaurant that knows its cuisine and delivers the goods. Excellent menu, great specials, dishes that are cooked to perfection and well priced. Plus a great wine selection, with many of the top Italian varieties. A bonus is the team of servers -- well trained and attentive.Special Features:
- The BestTravelerVIPDined on 9/26/2014Ombra is one of the best on Hilton Head Island. As non residents but visiting the HHI twelve to fifteen weeks a year we dine at Ombra at least three times a week and are never disappointed. From the moment we arrive we are greated by a friendly staff followed by outstanding service and well prepared food. A must visit for those visiting HHI.Special Features:
- First VisitMacDinerVIPDined on 9/25/2014Very impressed with the evening and the food. Very accomodating service and kitchen staff. We will return again as this is now one of our top finds on the island.
- Always Delicious !!!HHIFoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014We ate at our favorite Ombra to celebrate my husbands 55th Birthday this past week and it was as always just incredibly delicious. Always greeted warmly by the host/hostess when you enter and seated promptly. My husband and I both ordered the Salmon special with the Black Caper Truffle Beurre Blanc and we all declared it was the BEST salmon dish we had ever eaten. Our waitress ,that I love, was very busy so we did not get in a dessert order as we needed to get home on a "school night"..she did bring out some of Michael's heavenly Limoncello for a birthday toast but my husband and son had already left so I just asked for the check and of course we will be back for that dessert another time.Special Features:
- prestoprestoDined on 9/23/2014Simply one of the BEST restaurants on Hilton Head Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of hilton head's besttuckerraeDined on 9/23/2014Ombra's and the Sage Room are in their own class on hilton head - followed very closely by Michael Anthony's. I prefer Ombra's - it is by far THE BEST ITALIAN from 95 to Sea Pines. The bar is perfect, the tables are spaced nicely and the ambiance is excellent. having been there more than 12 times over the past 2 years the food is consistently superb. On one occasion the service was spotty and an entree was not prepared very well. But this is minor and can happen anywhere. Overall it is a consistently excellent dining venue.Special Features:
- What a find!VeggieFanDined on 9/20/2014We had dinner here one week ago on our first night in Hilton Head (ever). The food was fabulous, from the fresh peach and Gorgonzola salad to the scallops which they obligingly converted from an appetizer to a main course. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- One word "amazing"DrewPDined on 9/15/2014We took our toddler to this amazing place for dinner. They were very welcoming to him. They do not have a kids menu however can make any pasta in a half portion or smaller for your little one. Anyone who has young ones and wants fine dinning give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantJackwDined on 9/13/2014What a delightful dining experience! This was our third visit and the food just keeps getting better...The Chef creates beautiful presentation dishes using only the freshest finest local food. Looking forward to our next visit to Hilton Head Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanJeanDined on 9/12/2014Food and atmosphere was superb. Wait staff very nice and friendly but food courses came out very far apart, but we will return as they were very busy. Busboy was really attentive and effiencient.Special Features:
- great birthday celebrationpennyDined on 9/11/2014Everything was fantastic, from the attentive and helpful waiter to the delicious pasta. The mussels as appetizer were abundant with a wonderful tomato broth. The risotto was nutty with plenty of mushrooms. It's definitely a restaurant we will return to.Special Features:
- Amazing ServicelainiegirlVIPDined on 9/10/2014Went to Ombra recently. I will have to say that I was quite impressed with the service. Our server was very attentive and gave us excellent wine recommendations. Our dessert was amazing. Will go back for sure!Special Features:
- Good food, tight quartersHappyspirit4everDined on 9/9/2014Our food was very good, and the portions perfect. My husband ordered the appetizer portion as he wasn't too hungry and felt the amount of food was just right. It's a tight squeeze with your neighboring tables, making it impossible to have a confidential or intimate conversation. Service was friendly and our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experience!luvital44Dined on 9/8/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant and we will definitely return. The food is absolutely wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBBQfanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Truly exceptional food and service. We were in HH for the week and found some great restaurants but this was the best. The homemade pasta cannot be beatenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- retireDined on 9/5/2014Ombra has really stepped up its game. We had gone shortly after it first opened and were disappointed but this time everything was exceptional!Special Features:
- Food good .. service not so muchSuzhausDined on 9/4/2014Restaurant had been recommended by the Grand Ocean, we were so disappointed... food was good but a bit overpriced.. Our waiter had lots of personality, just not a whole lot of knowledge.. After ordering a bottle of Barbera de Asti 2011 for $38.00, we questioned him when he brought us a bottle with a date of 2007.. He informed us it was a type-o and proceeded to open it .. All of a sudden the General Manager came in and grabbed it from him.. It was a $139.00 bottle of Barbera de Asti. So much drama.. Needless to say, he was more interested in selling the bottle he was going to have to buy than waiting on us. After making several trips up to the bar I think he finally sold it to someone.. The service really ruined the food for us..
- Great Italian MealsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We went to OMBRA Cucina for our anniversary. It was simply wonderful!! I would highly recommend the restaurant based on the quality of the food and the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backFoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2014We loved it!!! From the appetizers to the pasta to the entrees and all desserts, the food was fantastic, will definitely come back. Our waiter was great, very informative and offered good suggestions. Only problem was the service staff kept trying to take our plates before we finished.Special Features:
- Very noisynutsyDined on 8/31/2014Loved everything about it except the noise level. It made conversation difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.