4800 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28217Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.omahasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (704) 529-1922
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Phil Gravel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: private dining areas as well as 12,000 square feet of space to accommodate up to 300 people. full service catering sales team.
- Private Party Facilities: dining room can accommodate up to 40 people in a private setting. customized menus are also available
- Private Party Contact: Stephen Mayer 7045291922
A word from Omaha Steakhouse
Omaha Steaks’ award winning tradition of excellence spans almost 80 years. The company’s reputation as a premium purveyor and marketer of steaks, meats and other gourmet foods is built on the commitment to superior products as well as service to our customers. In 1952, the Simons began to sell their products by mail, and thus was born a new name for the company...Omaha Steaks International. Omaha Steaks selects only the finest quality corn-fed beef from the Midwest. Since 1996, Omaha Steaks (through a licensing agreement) has teamed with Culinaire Intl. to provide an unparalleled dining experience...The Omaha Steakhouse! We offer a unique comfortable atmosphere, where the dining experience communicates quality, authenticity and most of all…a memorable experience. Of course, all the beef we serve is tender, Midwest corn-fed beef from Omaha Steaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Omaha Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great food but needs updating...RingoVIPDined on 9/16/2014I sat in the bar for dinner and received EXCELLENT service and the NY strip steak that I ordered was very good. The only suggestion that I could offer is that the furnishings need to be updated or replaced. They're a restaurant that's in a hotel (Embassy Suites) and the bar area gets used a lot. This is a minor thing but still needs to be mentioned.
- Nice steaksMontomarVIPDined on 9/14/2014Omaha steakhouse has a very friendly staff. They are attentive and courteous without being overbearing. The food is nice and worth a visit.Special Features:
- HorribleTedFDined on 8/7/2014It is not what it used to be. The service was horrible!!!! I took customers there and was totally embarrassed. The vegetables came out cold. Took forever to get food. I would think twice abut going here.
- Always GreatSurpriseVIPDined on 8/2/2014Where else can you get an awesome 10 oz Filet Mignon for $27.00.Special Features:
- The following 229 reviews are from the Omaha Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Don't botherJtciiiVIPDined on 7/25/2014Untrained staff, poor device, mediocre food all for premium prices. Why bother? Too many other good restaurants to go here and waste your time and money.
- Convenient for travelthanksgivingDined on 6/13/2014Traveling - Omaha Steakhouse was located in Embassy Suites Hotel - we both enjoyed our dinners - well prepared and for what we got - thought the price reasonable. Did notice that the steak prices were higher however many other choices less expensive. Hubby got the Caprese Salad Chicken Sandwich - grilled chicken breast, tomato, fresh mozzarella - balsamic drizzle on a brioche bun. I started with onion soup ($5 ) large crock and quite good - lots of cheese and then a steak salad. Felt the description could have been more accurate but it was great - just not really a salad - 3 romaine leaves with a sliced steak, lime, cilantro, avocado and a fresh salsa.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent steak...awful serviceSteakMongerDined on 6/6/2014The food is typically good...been here several times. However, on this occasion the food was subpar and the level of service we received from our waitress was unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient restaurantCatloversDined on 5/11/2014After a long day of driving we settled in at the La Quinta. We were surprised to see the Omaha Steak House across the street. We decided to give it a try and we were very pleased with our dinners. The salads were very good. I had the garden salad and my husband the chopped salad. My crab cakes and his steak were good. The mashed potatoes were wonderful. We were surprised the restaurant wasn't busier. Good wine and good food were what we needed after a very long day of driving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- calamari chewyMaximiliaanDined on 4/25/2014We had a bad experience with the starter calamari. We returned it and asked the cook for comments. Which was " seemed okay for him". The calamari was very chewy and most probably came straight from the freezer and was stuck together by all the batter. The steak was great. Calamari was not shown on the bill. All in all will not return.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2014My family has been taking me to Omaha Steakhouse to celebrate my birthday for four years. In between I've been back about a dozen times. If anything the service has gotten even better over the years. Some folks may be put off by the restaurant being in a hotel but it is a great steakhouse with good pricing. Like most high class restaurants the manager stopped by the see how our dinner was going. The GM also came over and though we hadn't seen him in a year he remembered our family. If you are looking for a good steakhouse that also serves good salmon and chicken then Omaha is a great place to look. I am looking forward to many more meals in the upcoming years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNING EXPERIENCEJohnToDined on 4/1/2014Service was prompt and food prepared to perfection. This was not our first time and certainly will not b our last. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ouch!BillVIPDined on 3/26/2014This "steakhouse" is attached to an Embassy Suite and looks it. Took ten minutes to get seated even though there was on two otehr tables.
- Hotel FoodEdwardVIPDined on 3/10/2014This was located in the Embassy Suites. Food was fair - I've had far better steaks and the remainder of the dish was not hot. The decor appears to not have been updated since 1980 - food served on the table not even a place mat.
- OkaySWLTML69VIPDined on 2/18/2014They need to update the resturant - retro 1980's - Steaks were OK
- Don't let the name fool youTimothyDined on 2/15/2014Overall, its a restaurant in a hotel. The food is decent, something I would expect to pay $15-20 for a meal.. The service was horrible, but it was very busy. I've read good reviews of this place and thought I would give it a try, needless to say I would not go back. Golden Corral offers similar taste with better pricing and a buffet.Special Features:
- Valentine's DinnerAshleyDined on 2/15/2014The food was great... everything cooked to perfection. My fiance and I both got salads to start, filets for dinner. The server was great- really attractive brunette. Super professional and on top of her game. The only downside is that the decor reminded me of a cheap hotel restaurant. I think it could use a face lift. Also, it was very quiet in there, they could use some music in the background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The servce was fine, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/15/2014The servce was fine, the food was excellent, but two families with children were seated right next to us! Happy Valentines day to us! Fortunately one of the families had well behaved children and the other of course had the screamers, whiners, and can't sit in their seats and be civil. This ruined our dinng experience. The restaurant was empty, why seat parties with children next to other diners, I raised my children and never tolerated bad behavior especially in a restaurant, what's wrong with people today!!
- The food was great but thekaykayDined on 2/14/2014The food was great but the service was very poor. I made reservations but still had a wait once I arrived to the restuarant. I made reservations for 6, but they seem not to have gotten that message either because they tried to seat us at a table for four. The waitress wasn't very attentive to our table, even though the restuarant was not busy. I probably would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- The food was great. The serviceBabyjessshVIPDined on 1/31/2014The food was great. The service was perfect. Overall great place to go get a good dinner .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2014My husband and I enjoyed our dinner at the Omaha Steakhouse. We were a little chilled, as people were coming in and out of the front door, and the cold air traveled to our table. The food was very good. It is a simple environment, and quiet, which is good for talking. We would go back.Special Features:
- food was fair, have had betterdinersDined on 1/26/2014food was fair, have had better off the grill at home had to continually ask for drink refills would not go back even for the restaurant week prices very plain plating
- We went for restaurant weekJsmoDined on 1/26/2014We went for restaurant week great value, amazing steak! Our server was very nice. Never got her name though. The other server had on tennis shoes and was wearing a jacket? Never seen that in a fine or two star restaurant before. Other than that it was a good experience. I would defiantly eat there again and try the regular menu I just hope we don't get the very under dressed waitress. Being a waiter and always had strict managers that expect the best in appearance it was very odd to see in a fine dinning environment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak, not so good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2014I came here during restaurant week. I have only seen ohmaha steaks on television, so I was excited to try them without having to order from qvc. Ordered the rib eye, it was great. Just wasn't expecting the restaurant to be connected to a hotel. The outside can use a little sprucing up and so can the inside. The benches inside have some cracking in them and need to be switched out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointedNotPinkyDined on 1/25/2014The crabcake appitizer was delicious. My husband had the ribeye and it was cooked properly but was a bit gristly. I have sirloin pin wheels and these were overcooked and a bit tough. There wasn't any seasoning on the scallops and my dish came covered in pesto sauce which was not mentioned on the menu. The chocolate molting cake for dessert was wonderful. I am sure we will try the restaurant again - but not as my first choice.Special Features:
- Good service, bad quality of foodeddybbrowniiDined on 1/25/2014The service was excellent. Unfortunately the quality of the steaks were terrible. I used to buy Omaha Steaks and they were great. It seems as if their quality has slipped. I've had better quality of meat at a much lower price point. I don't mind paying for good quality but they missed.
- The Food was excellentJohnandRomaDined on 1/25/2014We had an over-all enjoyable experience . All our food was well prepared and tastefully served and presented.Special Features:
- Okay but there are better optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014Food was decent, not on the same level as Mickey and Mooch or Flemings, but service is extremely slow, even though the restaurant was not very busy. Parts of the restaurant are drafty.
- The food was good, the servicebirthdaypartyDined on 1/24/2014The food was good, the service could have been a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SteaksEmptyNestersDined on 1/24/2014The service was excellent. Wait staff very friendly. The steaks were outstanding as well as the desserts. We will come back and bring our empty nester group sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for steak loversMimiDined on 1/24/2014The food was excellent. I enjoyed every bit and would go back. If you like steak this is your place to go. Everything we ate was excellent. I went with a friend she had crab cakes and steak and scallops. It was all perfectly seasoned and cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- higher expectationslessDined on 1/20/2014we arrived a few minutes before 5 and were ignored. We were the first to arrive yet others were seated before us.Special Features:
- Great service, Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014I had the ribeye and it was cooked to perfection. The meat was flavorful and tender. The Smokehouse wedge was great, as well. Our waitress was very attentive. The restaurant itself was not flashy, very low-key, not really a thing to write home about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BettergoNC5Dined on 1/18/2014The food was ok. I expected the food to be outstanding for the price that you are paying. The crab cakes were good the steaks had a lot of fat and the potatoes really didn't meet my expectations. The atmosphere was good and the service was ok.Special Features:
- excellent mealdining2tryDined on 1/18/2014The service was great and the meal was excellent. the atmosphere was so so.. But would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedPriceisright7Dined on 1/18/2014The blackened beef tips were the best I've ever had. Salads were great - we would go back for that alone. We ate light, so didn't try an entree this time, but we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service and food.JohnToDined on 1/3/2014The service was top notch. My wife and I had the 7 oz. filet mignon, which was cooked to perfection and so tender you hardly needed a knife. We shared a piece of cheese cake that was large enough for four. The price was very reasonable. We had a very pleasant experience and will certainty return. This is our second time at this restaurant, but it definitely not our last. We would highly recommend this establishment to all. Lastly, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visit. Will go again.LeleDined on 12/25/2013I had the filet mignon and thought if was very good. I ordered the steak med well, which was my error. Next time I will order it less cooked. But it was good anyway. Veggies we "not" overcooked and salad was great. Thanks to them for being there on Christmas Day. LeleI would recommend this to a friend.
- Omaha in CharlotteCharlottevisitorDined on 11/24/2013Located in a hotel with a separate entrance, server was good, food ok. Do not believe the quality/preparation merited the price.
- Go for steakKathyPeterVIPDined on 11/16/2013Meals of Steak and Pork Chop were very good. The location of restaurant being in a mid-level hotel should not deter you. However, be ready for school groups, kids and more kids. In other words, atmosphere not great, certainly not romantic.Special Features:
- Great Foodjj25Dined on 10/26/2013Great steak and prepared just as ordered. Service was excellant and friendly. The potato cakes are different and quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.