Omaha Steakhouse -Phoenix
2630 E. Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Omaha Steakhouse -Phoenix
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.omahasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6025538970
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Cox
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
- Private Party Contact: Dawn Monroe 6025538970x143
A word from Omaha Steakhouse -Phoenix
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Omaha Steakhouse -Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Scrumptious!TaradeneDined on 6/6/2014The 12 oz filet cooked medium rare came out perfect! Juicy, thick, tender and deliciously spiced! $38 for this baby was well worth it and the side of house mashed potatoes were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 76 reviews are from the Omaha Steakhouse -Phoenix reviews archive.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014I reserved a table for a prom dinner, but I had no idea it was in the middle of a hotel. There weren't many people there, so the noise was very peaceful. After we got seated, we received service fairly quickly. After enjoying delicious steaks, we got the bill and headed out. The only negative thing I have to say, is that the bathrooms are kind of hard to find. Other than that, everything was fantastic!Special Features:
- Omaha SteakhouseTimmDined on 2/22/2014Stayed at the Embassy with some friends Saturday night, Had a great meal and a great time.Special Features:
- Great placeDAZ111409KKMDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's Day and even though the restaurant was full the place was not loud, the wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable and very courteous, the food was excellent. We will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, mediocre ambiancedeeeeevaDined on 2/14/2014Steak was good. I was disappointed in the ambiance. We had a lovely view... of old people swimming in the hotel pool. Maybe we went too early in the day and it was too light outside. Not a great spot for a romantic dinner. There were chips in the table and in the walls, and it looked like a "hotel restaurant". But really, the steak was good. Service was good and friendly. We probably just picked the wrong time of day to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was made to look likeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2013This was made to look like an upscale steakhouse on the website and it turned out to be some dive stuck in the lobby of a hotel. The atmosphere was awful and although the food was perfectly good, no one would want to spend a special occassion here enjoying a meal with a friend. Noise level was noted as quiet, because there was no one eating in this place except for us.
- It's just not the same tojjjjVIPDined on 11/4/2013It's just not the same to dine at a restaurant in the open area of a mid-range hotel. Food good, not great.
- Phenomenal!fleurtygirlazDined on 11/1/2013My filet was so perfect, it could've been an ad in a magazine. Delicious!!! And the service was among the best I've experienced. There were only 3 other tables besides our own, I don't know why it wasn't packed full, considering our experience. Perhaps because it's hidden away in a hotel. My meal was right up there with Ruth' Chris, Flemings and Donovan's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this restaurant is a gem.rosebudDined on 10/14/2013this restaurant is a gem. It is quiet and the service is attentiveSpecial Features:
- Great service and foodPhxvisitVIPDined on 9/30/2013I chose this restaurant for dinner based upon another positive Open Table review. We were looking for a nice steak house that wouldn't break the bank. Omaha Steakhouse was great. The service was wonderful and my filet was perfect. A great meal for a much lower price than Capital Grille next door. Don't let the location inside a hotel scare you away. It was quiet on the Monday night we visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak with no stressMadamTravelalotDined on 8/30/2013Steak out of this world! Rivals Ruth's and Flemings and stomps Morten's. Great ahi sandwhich, too. Atmosphere low key. This restaurant is hidden away inside the Embassy Suites hotel which sits on the edge of a very high-end-old-money shopping and residential area near the Arizona Biltmore and the Biltmore Fashion Park. A 3 iron's stroke away from Capitol Grille, with all of its stuffiness and see-and-be-seen crowds and valet parking, hides this amazing little find. If you are going for the amazing food, courteous and efficient service (I.e. not to self-flagellate at the hands of uppity waiters), and a place to sit and enjoy the company YOU keep (not the company sitting in the tables around you), then this is by far a better choice.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere. Very quiet,mac1Dined on 8/18/2013Great atmosphere. Very quiet, steak was cooked to perfection, and would melt in your mouth. We ordered the 7 oz filet mignon and the 12 oz sirloin. Both were cooked to perfection. Caprese salad was fantastic as was the service. The creme brulee was the best we have ever tasted. The restaurant was very tastefully decorated and wait staff were very cordial and knowledgeable about menu items. For drinks we ordered a house Merlot and a Bloody Mary. The Merlot was very good and wished I had written down the name. The Bloody Mary was very spicy, just the way we ordered it. We will definitely be back and not just for a special occasions, (birthday).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Made reservations close to where we were going out for a special occasion. The restaurant was very hard to find, nowhere does it mention on their site or our conformation email that they are inside the Embassy Suites Hotel in the back. Since it was a special occasion I figure the bill would be on the pricey side which I was fine with. I was pretty disappointed with the value of the meal. My thing was if I am going to spend $100 for dinner for 2 it should be something I would thoroughly enjoy and would tell people about. It was far from that. I think we could have went to say Texas Roadhouse paid much less and had a complete meal for the same quality.Special Features:
- There was no one in the restauranthutdawgDined on 3/23/2013There was no one in the restaurant yet we still were not greeted, nor was our drink order taken for quite some time. We had kids with us, but we were not given kid's menus until we asked for them. The food took quite some time to arrive and when it did it was not hot (which is why the food review above is so low - had it been hot, it probably would have been good). I had to ask for mustard three times before it actually came. The space is poorly lit so that it is uninviting - I'm not sure that you can do a whole lot about that.
- This was my second visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013This was my second visit. It's simply a very up-scale, classy venue. It's best saved for special occasions which lend to it's presentation. Enjoyed ourselves immensely!Special Features:
- Not too many people in theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/27/2013Not too many people in the restaurant, & we had excellent service. The steak was delicious & they split it for us.Special Features:
- Excellent Steak houseSunCityDined on 2/22/2013Great food for a hotel venue. This is a great steak house....comparable to a Ruth Chris even!!! Bar drinks were a bit slow, but overall excellent place.Special Features:
- Disappointed on Valentine's DayJulieVIPDined on 2/14/2013Came here for Valentine's dinner, made reservations the week before, yet were seated by the kitchen, although the restaurant only had a few customers. Drinks were brought sporadically, not together, nor were we checked on when they were empty. Asked about bread with salad, to which she said it was coming soon "fresh out of the oven". We asked again after the entrees were served(took 45 min & not hot), rolls came out mid-meal, barely warm. There was no butter for the lobster tails, nor seasoning on "steamed" asparagus (told after should have had hollandaise). We wondered why the service was so bad and were told after the meal that she is a bartender filling in. We ate the lobster but took most of the rest home, very disappointedSpecial Features:
- The steak was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013The steak was excellent. My husband had fish that was mediocre, but when you go to a steak place, it's probably better to order the steak. The caprese was excellent, but again my husband's shrimp cocktail was just mediocre. Service was just okay, we got our bread after the main entree had arrived and my server never did refill my iced tea glass. There were some nice booths at the restaurant, but unfortunately we were seated in the middle of the floor at a table.
- Just OKOaf007Dined on 2/14/2013I was expecting much more from here. Service was great but the food was just OK. Steaks were a little overdone and weren't very flavorful. All in all for the price I wouldn't recommend it.Special Features:
- Overall good experience.LVLVDined on 2/10/2013Overall good experience. Quality of service tends to be better at the bar. Although, in general, everyone is friendly, courteous, and genuinely wants you to enjoy your meal.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/6/2013The food was very good and the service was outstanding. The room was nicely decorated but a little cold (temperature) for my liking.Special Features:
- THE BEST LITTLE SECRET EVER!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Great resturant. Great service from the hostess to our GREAT waiter!! The mashed potatoes was the best ever (Golden Idaho). Everything was perfect very quite not busy at all. The best little hide out ever!!!!Special Features:
- Great place for SteakemokerDined on 12/15/2012Enjoyed a great meal, the New York Strip was amazing. Juan provided excellent service and offered suggestions for appetizers. Gabriel the Manager checked in on me throughout my meal. I would definetly return, thanks again for the great dinner.
- Not bad, could be much better.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Nice facilities. The food was not up to the standard for their prices. Not bad but could stand much improvement. My top sirloin was over cooked from what I ordered. My wife's shrimp was good. The floor staff was slow. When we checked out t took almost 10 minutes to process my bill. The waitress said the computer was down. It is of concern when my card is out for that long. We had a 6PM reservation and there was only one other party in a large dining area.
- Six of us arrived right atWaltDined on 12/1/2012Six of us arrived right at 5:30 for our 5:30 reservation and our table was not ready even though there were only two other people dining in the entire restaurant. We had to wait in the lounge for about 10 minutes until they prepared a table for us. That was very strange and disappointing. The food was very good; four of our six had never been there before and they were very pleased with their meals. Service was spotty, especially when it came to getting our check. This was also strange considering we were the only people in the restaurant by then. We left just before 7:00 PM and there still were no customers. I have to wonder what is going on there that they would have no business on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- I expected the steaks to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2012I expected the steaks to be more tender and have more flavor for Omaha steaks. The service was very good though.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Fantastic food, great service. Wonderful palce to take my wife for our anniversary dinner. Lighting was a tad on the dark side but that's just a passing observation.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012Had a wonderful dinner and our waiter Juan could not have made it more enjoyable! Everyone was attentive without being intrusive. Juan added just enough humor to make the evening perfect! They very generously gave us a piece of cheesecake to celebrate our anniversary, and it was the best cheesecake I have ever had!Special Features:
- Great Steak!!!AwesomeDined on 9/12/2012Met a girlfriend there for dinner, it was amazing! We split the scallops and filet mignon and the cheesecake of course! Topped off with a glass of pinot grigio, all was fantastic! Thanks!Special Features:
- Great food selection. SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2012Great food selection. Steak cooked perfectly!Our server was very attentive and professional.Special Features:
- They have great big boothsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2012They have great big booths which are great for private conversations. As it got darker, we ask for them to put a light on for us so that we could read the menus, and we were told that they did not work. I have been there many times before, and knew that there would be a special and wanted to know what it was. We were told it was rib steak with blue cheese mashed potatoes and asparagus. The bread was not served until just before the meal. Food came, and we looked down at the plate and there was a T-bone steak. The manager came over, they put on a ribeye for me. The waiter was quite sloppy with his service. We also noticed that the water was quite good at the beginning but then they must have given us tap water at the end.
- the only thing was the onlineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012the only thing was the online prices were not the prices in the menue. The website needs to be updated to have the prices reflect actual cost.
- My husband and I were thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012My husband and I were there to celebrate his 60th birthday and our 40th wedding anniversary. The service staff was great, food was excellent, and the manager came over to congratulate us. The perfect start for a special evening.Special Features:
- Steak was over salted - butJohnVIPDined on 7/12/2012Steak was over salted - but they re cooked our order and it was better. Wonderful Cheesecake complements for our wedding anniversary!Special Features:
- Great Service - Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012I was taken to Omaha Steakhouse for my birthday dinner by a group of my friends. The overall experience was not a bad one. However, I was every disappointed in the quality of the food versus the price. I ordered the special that evening which was sirloin medallions with lobster. The lobster was overcooked because it was rubbery and hard to chew along with a shell in my lobster. The service was nice but I expected much more for my meal and was very disappointed. The meal was comparable to a meal at Outback Steakhouse which would have been significantly less expensive for the same quality.Special Features:
- Good for a hotel restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2012Good for a hotel restaurant. It appeared there was only one waitress with 5 tables of people, she was pleasant enough but the service was pretty slow. Don't order the sweet potato, it was over cooked and shriveled up.
- Not as much selection at buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Not as much selection at buffet as I expected for the price. Food that was there was good but needed more selections to choose from.Special Features:
- it is always a great experiencerosebudDined on 4/26/2012it is always a great experience here. Jose our waiter was outstanding and could not have been more helpful... will certainly return there againSpecial Features:
- The food was very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2012The food was very good, but the restaurant overlooked the pool and the service was a bit substandard.