415 South 11th Street
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.omaha-prime.com/
- Phone: 4023417040
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mo Tajvar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We cater any time and place to the customers specification.
- Private Party Facilities: We have three private rooms at Omaha Prime that can accommodate up to 45 guests. The menu for private parties can be created on an individual basis to accommodate the requests of our guests. We look forward to assisting you plan your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Mo Tajvar 4023417040
A word from Omaha Prime
The only locally owned and operated New York style Chop House in Omaha.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Omaha Prime - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
Omaha Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (15)romantic (8)notable wine list (7)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Business DinnerKing537Dined on 8/26/2014I would have preferred to sit in a more business atmosphere versus outside on the balcony but everything was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Located upstairs in a building in the Old Market district Omaha Prime is easy to miss. We walked into the downstairs area and no one was around at 8:30 PM. When the hostess showed up she did not have our reservation, even though we booked it through Open Table two days in advance. Their reservation book was an old-fashioned green ledger - it is an old steakhouse in Omaha, so don't expect iPads with menus. They found us a table right away, and the service from then on was great. The Caesar salad was good not great, the sides (bacon sprouts and mushrooms) were very good but the star was the bone-in ribeye. For the price, this is one of the great steak values around. Our server was great, stopping to chat several times. Great experience.Special Features:
- A Supreme Destination for Dining2travelersDined on 8/16/2014Set in the second floor of an original, refurbished warehouse, this restaurant sports immaculate cleanliness, the most attentive and friendly service one could ever ask for and food which is second to none. The Filet Mignon can almost be cut with a fork, and the sides are something special. Among restaurants in NYC, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Vienna, Paris and Milan, Omaha Prime is the equal of any we have ever patronized. When in Omaha, this is a place not to miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Omaha Prime - AnniversaryCDWitteDined on 8/8/2014The restaurant was nice, they had a good atmosphere which was very formal. It was a great place for a romantic evening like an anniversary. The staff were great and brought out all the cuts of meat they offer. Even though I had already know the Porterhouse was going to be mine. Me and my wife both got the porterhouse, A baked potato to share (it was huge), and asparagus. The asparagus was cooked perfect and I requested that they grill it rather than steam it, and it was no issue. Once the steak cam I knew I was at the right place. Tender, Juicy and cooked to specification; this is a steak I will remember. This all comes at a price though, and it may have been a little high for the experience. Expect to pay about $100 a person.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodFrequentDinerDined on 8/8/2014Excellent steak house menu and delicious! The server was helpful. And the atmosphere - quiet. We went early and were able to get a table without a problem.Special Features:
- flipperDined on 7/26/2014Food and service were awesome. A little pricy, but I knew it before I went in. We even got a free dessert for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for what it isiAmOtto506Dined on 7/18/2014Plain and simple, save some cash and get an exponentially better meal by going to J's on Jackson (Jackson Street, Old Market). The Omaha Prime steaks were good, but not for the price. J's on Jackson has better steaks for less. Sides are served a la carte and are unnecessarily expensive. Hostess and waitstaff were very friendly, but I didn't drop $250 for small-talk. For the cost and what it is, I won't be going back--one visit is enough for "bragging rights," though there isn't too much to brag about.Special Features:
- Disappointed in our Mealluv2dineDined on 6/27/2014The outside seating for Omaha Prime is wonderful and our server was great, it was only the food that was disappointing. With so many choices in Omaha, we will not be returning.
- Omaha TraditionRobarooDined on 6/22/2014I have been fortunate to attend the College World Series a number of times and on each occasion enjoy dinner the Sunday night before the Championship Series at Omaha Prime. Our server Shannon was excellent this year. Highly recommend the Omaha Prime Salad. Cannot miss with any of the steak options. This year I enjoyed the Filet Mignon. Many good a la carte side choices: bacon sprouts, blue cheese potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, asparagus and spinach.Special Features:
- Perfect birthday!ldp2007Dined on 6/21/2014I asked for a quite table in the corner with a particular bottle of wine. When we got there they had the table set up with the wine. Host and waiter were very pleasant and wished my wife a Happy Birthday. Great food, wine and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so service and mediocre food.TKnightDined on 6/8/2014Upon arriving, we were seated, but did not receive menus. After 15 minutes, we still had not received menus, water or had not even been approached by the wait staff. We finally retrieved menus ourselves from the bar. The wine list was small and poorly presented, as it only had about 25 listings and the specialty wine card was outdated. The meals themselves were very mediocre, with the highlight being the sides. The steaks were very mediocre at best. As a group, we like to linger and enjoy the ambiance after the meal, but, we couldn't get out of there fast enough. Not what we expected and certainly not on the 'return' list.
- Great for SteaksProfessorDined on 6/4/2014Omaha Prime is one of my favorite steakhouses anywhere in the US. The ambience is relaxing, service is outstanding and the steaks are the best! I travel alot and eat in some good restaurants but this is my favorite - a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!DiNTXDined on 5/31/2014This is a great place in the Old Market District of Omaha. Great steaks and perfect place for a nice quiet evening of food and fellowship among friends or business colleagues. I would highly recommend this for that special evening, date night or business dinner with prospective clients, or employee appreciation!Special Features:
- Quaint Second Floor PatioKCTravellerDined on 5/24/2014The restaurant is in the Old Town district of Omaha, which in itself is an amazing atmosphere. The restaurant has two floors. The ground floor is setup for a quite dinner for two and the second floor more for family dinners. However, there is a quaint second floor patio looking over a covered ally. The ally is very lively and creates just enough noise to make you feel like you are surrounded by the hustle of the city, but enough out of view to allow for a romantic dinner. On top of the ambiance of the place, the food was amazing. The steak was cooked to perfection and the lamb chops were the best I have had. All of the vegetables were steamed just right and the baked potato not overly cooked. As for the staff, they were perfect.Special Features:
- Good steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014We ended up going on a quiet evening. Food and the wine that the server recommended were good. The blue cheese potatoes were not as good as advertised. The steaks were done perfectly and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 131 reviews are from the Omaha Prime reviews archive.
- berkshier hathawauaglandDined on 5/2/2014We had dinner the night before berkshier meeting so place was busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningSteakonitDined on 5/2/2014Staff was friendly, informative, and attentive. Steak (filet) was prepared as requested and tender and full of flavor. Excellent experience.Special Features:
- MehFirsttimelasttimeDined on 5/2/2014Not the greatest, especially considering the price. We were well into the three figures for two of us with no drinks. Filet was not tender and nothing stood out as exceptional. It looked as if they raised prices for the Berkshire weekend as the online menu prices were lower.
- FabNomers377Dined on 4/15/2014Loved the personal attentive service and the food was divine. Try the quail breasts wrapped in bacon yum. Steak was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentNascarVIPDined on 4/8/2014Tried Omaha Prime for the first time. Usually go to Sullivan's or Mahogany's when entertaining clients in town. Thought something new was in order. Looked online and saw they had good ratings. Unfortunately, our experience was not good. The service was average. The restaurant was not very busy. Where they sat us turned out to be very hot...and uncomfortable. There were six in our group and 4 of the 6 complained of the temperature. We asked for them to cool it down...which they finally did as we were well into our dinner. After dinner, I compared notes with my guests...who are all executives with a large Omaha based company...and all were disappointed in their meals. The steaks were tough to eat and full of gristle. Not good!
- Excellent steaks. Salad dressingVisitorDined on 3/14/2014Excellent steaks. Salad dressing was very good. Shared vegetables excellent and more flavorful than other steak houses but barely enough to stare with another . Our waiter, Terry, was engaging and informative about the food and of Omaha. The wine list was short but had an adequate breadth of wines under $50-75. Most could be ordered by the glass. Overall a more enjoyable dining experience than most other steak houses, especially chains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2014Food was very good and the service was excellent. Steak and sides very good...Special Features:
- We were very disappointed.TerryDined on 2/23/2014We were very disappointed. Our reservation wasn't recorded. The steaks were subpar as was the waiter. We will not be back.
- Waiter not a foodieHollyandDaveDined on 2/15/2014Steaks were great of course. You can order sauces which come on the side. If you are going as a couple, don't bother ordering two of the same sauce because you can share. The pepper sauce is really boring and reminded me of A-1 without the kick. Our waiter recommended it. He also said the caesar salad is the best in town. He is mistaken.. it was a plain old caesar that you could create yourself with a bag from the grocery store. One bright spot was the lobster bisque. It is a wonderful creamy soup in a cream puff. Delicious but I didn't really taste the lobster. Beware it may be the most expensive restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid steak houseAlexGGDined on 2/14/2014Dining in the passageway is romantic, and the service knows how to provide a great experience. They are trained in the little details of fine dining, which is much appreciated! The steak is good meat and prepared as ordered-- nothing more, nothing less. The sides were a little wanting for portions, though. An excellent dining experience! Just wish the price were moderated a little; it's easy to spend over $100/person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time. Won't be our last!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014Went to Omaha Prime for Valentine's Day. Good food. Great service. A very enjoyable evening. Perfect for special occasions!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service/expensive placeDinedaroundDined on 2/14/2014the food was very good but a very poor experience. The wait for water was 15 minutes. The waiter Dillon first came to our table he greeted us then informed us he would be back with menus once we settled in. 1/2 hour later he finally brought us menus and acted surprised we were ready to order after a few minutes. There were at least 50 dirty wine glasses sitting on top of the bar the entire time we were seated and they were obviously understaffed. The hostess who seated each party yelled out "who's next" to the waiting patrons instead of checking the reservation book which we thought was very inappropriate given it is supposed to be a "high end" restaurant. For the kind of money we spent it was a disappointing experience.
- Expected a LOT more!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Had reservations for 7:00 on Valentine's. Showed up on time, girl at the door crossed our name off the list and we joined the other 6 couples standing in the bar are. no bartender. The hostess seating people would walk down the stairs every couple of minutes and announce "Who's next?". No organization what so ever. Finally got seated around 7:30. Our waiter acted like he didn't much want to be there, just going through the motions. The place was noisy, the "Hostess" refilled my water glass and also filled the small plate that my dinner roll was sitting on with water too. The food was very good, my compliments to the chef. However, everything else was WAY below average. I expect a lot more when I am dropping $175.00 for dinner.
- Over priced and over valuedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Extremely over priced for the overall experience. Limited menu for Valentine's Day is understandable but NOT a worth the expense.
- DisappointedGinnydDined on 2/14/2014Went for valentines day. We were both very disappointed in our steaks. When you pay $40 for a steak it should be outstanding. Far from it. Purely ordinary. Will not be going back. Salads were very good but that's about it. Loved the space and location Our waiter was very attentive. Too bad
- steak...where's the beefsalesrepDined on 1/29/2014thinking with a name like Omaha Prime you might find a good ribeye...wrong...what came out on my plate was the thinest ribeye I have ever laid eyes on and I would say it was choice not prime.
- Several specials where NOTBBBBDined on 1/26/2014Several specials where NOT available by 7pm on Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinnerzig1Dined on 1/17/2014I had my ten year year business dinner at Omaha Prime this year. I've never been before and was very happy with everything. Some of us showed up early to have some drinks before dinner and they had our table ready an hour before our reservation. Our waiter was great food was great and to top it off Warren Buffet and Bill Gates had dinner there the same time we did. My only complaint is a lot of us like to try new drinks and would like a drink menu. Pretty minor complaint. All in all it was great all the way around. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaVIPDined on 1/8/2014Excellent meal again. The service is attentive and the wine list is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013We have been to this restaurant many times and the food and service have been excellent. Was disappointed this trip. The food was so -so and the service was not good at all. Had to go to the bar several times for drinks. It was very loud also. We had another couple with us that had never been to Omaha Prime so they were not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EvePreviousfan2Dined on 12/31/2013Omaha Prime is one of our favorite restaurants but disappointed on New Year's Eve. We dined early, 6:30, the Hostess commented that being early might overload the wait staff, there wasn't a bar to wait in. There weren't many diners then but she seemed frazzled, frantically running up and down stairs. There was a limited menu for the evening which did not include many of the items we specifically go there for. They should offer the full menu on Holidays or post limited menus on their website. My steak was overcooked and overall it was a disappointment. Typically, we really enjoy it but for the price, it was not worth it on New Year's Eve. Disappointed:(Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD AWESOME SERVICEmuffinloveDined on 12/14/2013Best steak I have ever had! Shannon's service was even better! We had to change reservation and it was handled very professionally. Shannon even had great suggestions for late night fun that made our anniversary a night to remember. Thanks OMAHA PRIME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it... as usualKJHIIIDined on 11/18/2013I went to dinner with 2 colleagues to have a business discussion. I've beeen to Omaha Prime 12-15 times in the last couple of years and it has always been a very positive experience. This time was no different. The steaks were very good, and the wine list was more than adequate. The side dishes are not as good as you would expect, but were not bad either. The kitchen lacks creativity when it come to the accoutrements. Overall its not the best steakhouse in Omaha, but is surely in the top 5. I will dine here just as much as I have done in the past and would recommend it to anyone. This is a very worthwhile establishment that everyone should try for themselves. It is a good place for a business dinner or just a nice dinner with a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give a kidney up to pay for mealLibrarygal77Dined on 9/27/2013Dinner was okay, $170 for two people is crazy! I was shocked! The food was good, but not $170 worth. I don't mind sending people here, but warning them about the cost will be the first thing out of my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night and good foodJazzyDined on 9/21/2013Great night. Sarah the waitress was wonderful and very friendly. Food is great. Must haves are mushroomsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.