OM Real Indian Food
1593 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
IndianPrice: $30 and under
OM Real Indian Food
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2126284500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from OM Real Indian Food
Welcome to Om Indian Restaurant, where they serve delicious and authentic Indian food for a loyal crowd! Om Indian Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner so that no matter what time you are craving a delicious meal, they can always satisfy your hunger. Try classic dishes like Chicken Curry or something new like Lamb Tikka Masala. Not sure what you’re in the mood for? Try the Chicken Korma; it’s the perfect bite to satisfy your hunger any time of day. Their experienced chefs and accommodating staff are some of the best on the Upper East Side and sure to provide you with a memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
OM Real Indian Food reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Our go-to Indian placetatianaVIPDined on 8/4/2014The food is consistently good. I always go for lamb korma. The place is cozy.Special Features:
- Just OkayLDuganVIPDined on 7/31/2014Food was okay. The Chicken Tikka and the Butter Chicken were the exact same dish with the exception of a little garnish on the butter chicken. The sweet naan bread had a tiny amount of filling. The mango chutney was delicious. Overall the restaurant was nothing to write home about.
- Food is delish!WISSDined on 7/22/2014I've ordered take out from Om numerous times and the food was always great and delivered fast. This was my first time eating at the restaurant and it was nicer than I anticipated, the server was very helpful and pleasant and the food was great as anticipated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the OM Real Indian Food reviews archive.
- Consistently good Indian foodnylilliVIPDined on 11/12/2013Consistently good Indian food at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was pretty good. NothingskiinyfoodVIPDined on 9/23/2013Food was pretty good. Nothing is pre-made. Services was awful,Special Features:
- The naan and shrimp curryjennVIPDined on 7/24/2013The naan and shrimp curry was outstanding, but I was a little disappointed with the lamb (too tough!). Efficient service, clean space, but I do like colorful Indian decor (red walls, bright colors, etc); perhaps this place didn't want to be stereotypical. Overall, a lovely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight little place, but greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Tight little place, but great food. Service was actually pretty excellent, except that they kinda forgot about our food for a while and then apologized. Also, the wine list is very minimal, but they allow BYOB, so I will opt for that next time.Special Features:
- Om is amesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013Been here a few times, small place but food is well worth it.Special Features:
- Amazing food and great service!shooshooDined on 1/24/2013Amazing food and great service! I would say the only thing we noticed was the lack of communication among servers. Several took care of us and we had to ask multiple times for things, and also they had to double check the order multiple times.Special Features:
- Bad food, bad service, notSalsplaceDined on 1/17/2013Bad food, bad service, not worth the trip. Nothing about their food says "indian food", it's bland and tasteless.
- move onSalsplaceDined on 1/17/2013This place was awful, the food was not traditional and lacked flavor and spice. The Korma dish i ordered tasted nothing like Korma and the consistency of the sauce was soupy.
- Visiting New York from Miami,RaulmaDined on 12/13/2012Visiting New York from Miami, went with my niece who lives nearby and I could not have enjoyed the experience more. This was only the second time I've been to an an Indian food restaurant and I'm afraid that I've been spoiled for any other one. Food was fresh, well prepared, ambiance was warm and accommodating. The only negative was that there was a short wait to get our table but honestly I'd be more that willing to wait twice as long as we did. The Nan was superb and the Butter Chicken is a can't miss item. Our waiter, Bopal, was great.All this and for prices that are truly unbelievable for the area, our bill for five people came to $115.00 If your are in NYC head to the upper East side and treat yourself to great food at a great price.Special Features:
- Service was friendly and professionOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/1/2012Service was friendly and professional and the food was great. Good selection. No wine list, but very quick to provide glasses and openers for BYO beer and wine. Front door opens directly into restaurant though and could be a problem in cold weather. Also a bit noisy and crowded, but not too bad for a neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- I love Indian and I honestlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2012I love Indian and I honestly think this is some of the best Indian food in New York. This is our local go to place.Special Features:
- Good food, maybe noisy if crowded.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2012Good neighborhood Indian food at a reasonable price. Food was medium-spicy and flavorful but not oily, which to me is a sign of quality. The decor is simple and clean, but the restaurant probably could use some sound-absorbing decor somewhere--we came in for an early weekday lunch and as soon as another, larger party came in, my companion and I had difficulty with conversation even though we weren't near the larger party.
- Standard Indian FareJoeNYCVIPDined on 5/1/2012Dependable, but unfortunately not more than average.
- I have been here multipleStephenHVIPDined on 4/9/2012I have been here multiple times and I finally tried a few different dishes on my most recent visit. So far everything I have had, I enjoyed. Service was very good, food is great, the price is inexpensive. Plus they let me bring my own wine. I will be back.Special Features:
- Great food + friendly host = greatStephenHVIPDined on 3/22/2012I think this is the 4th or 5th time I have been to OM, and I really like it. Each time the food has been consistently great. I don't know much about Indian food, so I really on the servers and the host, Mike to guide me through the menu. I have never been disappointed. I also love the no corkage BYO wine or beer policy. Its a small narrow space, but it never feels crowded or sounds loud. Everything inside is immaculate. I will return soon.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/13/2012Excellent food. Good service, Michael the owner is great and always makes a point of introducing himself and making sure everything is ok. The eggplant dish was excellent. Good value, and byobSpecial Features:
- Overall good food. Water needOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2012Overall good food. Water need to be trained. Owner needs to dress better.Special Features:
- Wonderful Indian food andcatlaw71Dined on 12/6/2011Wonderful Indian food and friendly professional service. Everything is expertly spiced, carefully cooked, and none of the grease one finds in many Indian restaurants. There's a talented chef in the kitchen. The decor is simple and tasteful but minimal. I love this place.Special Features:
- Om serves the best IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2011Om serves the best Indian food I've had outside India. Worth a trip uptown: if you live nearby take advantage of your good fortune. The service is attentive but unobtrusive, and the tiny restaurant is bright and clean - none of the dark wood and dingy carpets of the other neighborhood Indian places. BYOB with no corkage makes it ridiculously affordable.Special Features:
- Very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2011While the food was great I will not be back. Our party of 3 had a 7:30 reservation and were not seated until 10 past 8. After that I had to walk back to the waitress stand to ask for water and to place our appetizer order. We then immediately placed our dinner order, but did not receive the food for about 50 minutes. Meanwhile a party of 5 came in, sat down and got their food within about 25 minutes time. Very very disappointed.
- Larry TrapaniOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2011We made an 8:30 Reservation thru Open table. They said it would be a 10 minute wait. At 9:00 we still werent seated and their was no hope of getting a table. We were waiting outside. We won't try this place again
- Nice addition to the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2011Nice addition to the neighborhood. Tasty dishes. Healthy portions. BYOB.
- Friendly service, great food/pricescg23Dined on 8/16/2011Owner Michael was present and introduced himself when I arrived. I haven't ordered Indian but I do love it so he was very helpful. We had 2 apps and 2 entrees and our bill was $43... we brought a bottle of wine as this is BYOB. Our food was really fresh and delicious and at really great prices. Place is bright, clean and inviting -- I am sure I will be back often.Special Features:
- Excellent, authentic dishes.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/10/2011Excellent, authentic dishes. Attractive room with attentive, friendly service from proprietor. If it were located in my neighborhood, I would eat there weekly.Special Features:
- This is a small restauranturstrulyhgDined on 7/27/2011This is a small restaurant with a lot of character. The staff is very helpful but not too overwhelming. This is not the hottest or trendiest establishment but the food is good, you will feel comfortable and you will enjoy the staff's thoughtfulness. The food did not stand out compared to other Indian restaurants but it was still good. The spicy food was great and actually spicy. Great place if you want to have a low key dinner.Special Features:
- Local Indian Food at good value,MericVIPDined on 7/9/2011well prepared Indian food,,local restaurant,,pretty,,very clean lines ,,,sparkle to the room,,,food fresh and very delicious...owner very helpful and friendly,,we hope to be back often as its in our neighborhood,Special Features:
- Food was great and we feltOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2011Food was great and we felt very welcomed. The manager, Michael I believe his name is, came over and chatted with us for a while and made us feel right at home.Special Features:
- Only adequateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2011This is the second open table restaurant that refused to accept my open table dining check. Prices were moderate to high for basic indian in a tiny room. The appetizer and tkka m. were lovely but the tandoori was dry as dust and barely edible. Byob policy may be changing soon. Too bad the wine I brought was the best thing about the meal. My recommendation would only b based on byob policy while they still have it.