Olympic Provisions Southeast
107 SE Washington St.
Portland, OR 97214Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
Olympic Provisions Southeast
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olympicprovisions.com/
- Phone: 5039543663x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm -10:00pm (we close at 9 on Sundays)
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Saturday 3-5pm (walk-in seating only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex Yoder
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Olympic Provisions also offers charcuterie boards and cheese platters that will delight and amaze your guests at any party or event. Please visit our website for more information.
A word from Olympic Provisions Southeast
Tucked into one of Portland’s beautifully restored industrial buildings, Olympic Provisions Southeast has grown from the city’s first USDA salumeria to being a destination for refined, European-style dishes. Our menu is guided by the capable hands of chef Alex Yoder, and reflects an innovative approach to the traditions of rustic European cooking. Yoder’s dishes highlight our housemade charcuterie, locally-sourced meats, and seasonal vegetables. Come to enjoy a unique meal of family style plates or traditional entrées under our glowing MEAT sign. Our extensive wine list will provide an excellent complement to your dinner, with a focus on Old World wines alongside our local favorites. With the sleek industrial design reflecting warm candlelight, the romantic ambience of European dining is alive and well at Olympic Provisions SE. We accept reservations of 5 or larger at lunch/brunch, and all sizes at dinner. Some tables are reserved for walk ins. Please call for parties of 9 or larger.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Olympic Provisions Southeast - Best Restaurants in Southeast Portland ›
Olympic Provisions Southeast reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (19)special occasion (17)hot spot (12)good for groups (11)romantic (11)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. I love to eat at Olympic Provisions.Special Features:
- Enjoyed Our DinnerIcooktooDined on 8/31/2014We had two of the charcuterie boards, French & Spanish. The chef wisely presented the French first as it was less spicy. Both boards were very good giving a diverse meaty experience. I think we had 8 kinds of sausage, a pate' and a pork comfit. The vegetables were interesting & complimented the meats well. Wines seemed pricey to us. Draught beers were few & bottled priced higher than we are used to. All & all an enjoyable and not overly expensive evening out.Special Features:
- AmazingFinallygotasitterDined on 8/31/2014The charcuterie board and cheese board with a couple small plates and wine. A perfect combination of flavors. Perfect for a long overdue date night. Absolutely delicious. This will become our special occasion place! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time2eatDined on 8/30/2014The food was great the the portions good. But would like to see a few more items on the menu for younger people who have limited likes. We had a college student with us that would have liked a pasta selection or something like that. He isn't much of a meat eater but not a vegan. Still eats meat but not large amount. I guess that is my only idea. Thank you for a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemRnRHawaiiDined on 8/15/2014Although we had to wait 15 minutes for a train to pass before we could find the restaurant, it was well worth the trouble. We were looking for something special on our recent trip to Portland and this fit perfectly. A late dinner for us, we were a few minutes early so were going to be seated at the bar when a table became available and we were seated. The chefs sampler of fresh crafted meats and cheese was outstanding. As I am on a restricted diet, it was a pleasure to find items that I could enjoy. Seating is limited and a little cozy if you have a lively group seated next to you, but the great food makes up for any shortcomings on the ambiance. My wife enjoyed it so much that she took some gusts back on Saturday for bruncSpecial Features:
- Best Bloody Mary Ever.BlearyeyedDined on 8/10/2014In my entire life, I have never had a better Bloody Mary, and the food was amazing too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our server was very rude. The food was great, however! Overall we would have loved our experience but the server made it difficult to enjoy. She was snooty and was irritated with everything we asked about. When we had questions, her answers were short and she offered no extra help. I don't think she realized she was coming across like this though. I think she felt she was being professional but she was coming across as snooty and cold.
- lives up to reputationSebastianDined on 8/5/2014Service was good but occasionally a little on the slow side. Which was weird given that it was a Tuesday at 9pm and it definitely wasn't super full. Staff were lovely though, just wish they got me seated/ordered a little quicker. Very cool space, I sat at the bar directly across from the chefs and it was interesting to watch. Had the French charcuterie board and the spaetzle, can easily recommend both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Bruch Everdm302Dined on 8/3/2014Our group of 5 had a wonderful brunch here on a Sunday. The hash was fantastic, as were the blueberry hotcakes. Overall, i would call this the best brunch ever.Special Features:
- YummyRoxanneDined on 8/1/2014Loved the pate and cheeses available. Great drinks and loved the oysters too. :)Special Features:
- Great Provisions!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014A wonderful second life for an older building as well as being an excellent food place. Service is very welcoming and we felt comfortable from the start. Our questions about menu were answered very knowledgeably and very helpful in helping us decide on our order. The salads we had were excellent, my wife's roasted vegetable salad was very tasty and my baby romaine salad was also very well sauced and very good. I had the choucroute garnie and my wife had spaetzle with beef sugo and both dishes were very good. All the homemade sausages and the ham in my dish were some of the best I have had, but I think that the beef sugo could have been seasoned and spiced up a bit more. Olympic Provisions is definitely a keeper.Special Features:
- 57 Minutes for a Turkey SandwichPinkMistDined on 7/31/2014Absolutely ridiculous, especially if you have an hour for lunch. It took 12 minutes for someone to come by with an attitude to take our drink orders, 8 minutes to bring the drinks, and another 37 minutes for a turkey sandwich. There is one cook, and 2 waitresses. For $18 for a sandwich and coke, you could probably afford to hire at least one more for lunch period. Very disappointed, especially since it was highly recommended.
- So good!PattyDined on 7/22/2014OP dried salami, sausage, mortadella board was a work of art complete with fennel salad and olives and bread. It is a meal in itself. The restaurant is in an unassuming warehouse district of Portland and we were able to walk across the Alder Bridge from downtown to it from our hotel. I think the polenta and sausage was one of the best polenta dishes I have eaten outside of Italy. The menu is small but changes daily and it packs a large punch! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- gidgetDined on 7/19/2014have had dinner there twice in one week. Is a different spot for out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRedODined on 7/6/2014The restaurant was terrific. Food was creative and delicious. Waitstaff was helpful and accommodating. Pours were generous (unlike The Woodsman Tavern). Odd neighborhood. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- best quality and servicefoieDined on 6/27/2014Colby has been our server the last few times in and she is icredible, her knowledge and professionalism is hands down the best in the city. She should be in management or given a huge raise!! All of our European visitors has given Olympic a huge stamp of quality. Keep up the great work and see you next week. Bring back the wild boar board, try the steak tartare, best in town and the braised beef short ribs!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMRaeGDined on 6/24/2014Everything is just YUM. Their roasted asparagus sandwich is to DIE for. So amazing.Special Features:
- Excellent..ArunaDined on 6/19/2014I made this reservation to celebrate my sons birthday... This restaurant is by design all about excellent meat... which I no longer eat... He had a wonderful meat focused meal and I enjoyed the gnocchi with asparagus.... we both were happy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & Tastee!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014Excellent experience across the board. Delicious, attentive, delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love meat?QueenieDined on 6/13/2014This is the place for you! Amazing meats and cheeses, the pickled veggies are just yum and couple that all with some wine and you've got great shareables and a fun evening. We also ordered the short ribs this time and needed up getting two plates of those to share, they melt in your mouth and the pork chunks on the side is like eating candy. The servers know the menu well so ask for recommendations depending on your party size and most definitely plan to share so you can try as much as possible. It's pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- had a memorable mealggg12Dined on 6/13/2014I want to eat here every week for the rest of my life.Special Features:
- Absolutely Delicious!luvpdxeatsDined on 6/6/2014This is our favorite spot to bring friends! The food is amazing, the service is impeccable and the wine list is to die for! It's always fun too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than we had hoped forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014The steak tartare was outstanding. The beef short ribs were fantastic. The charcuterie was good but not special. One of our cocktails was quite good (old fashioned), the other (the sour) was weak and not interesting. The wine list was the disappointment. We tried several reds and none were to our liking. I think they are in need of a smiled sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well provisioned for!KipperSnacksDined on 6/1/2014Four of us went; first brunch for all though a few (all?) had been for lunch / dinner. Great food overall; good black coffee. (One friend wanted espresso.) Two diminished notes: 1) asparagus omelette seemed more populated by mushrooms than asparagus; 2) 'meat bouquet' was almost precisely that - a mountain of delicious sausage, frankfurter, bratwurst adorned with grilled onions & ? I forget three days on. We enjoyed both plates & this is a slight cautionary note. Meat plate might best be shared more completely than what I did that day (or carried back for leftovers) unless you are a serious carnivore. (I'm a 155 lb, 5'9" guy & don't shy away from a heavy meal now & then but had some kind of protein OD afterward.) We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodfoodietooDined on 5/31/2014We had a spectacular dinner at Olympic Provisions. The food was amazing and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great foodZak7VIPDined on 5/30/2014Fantastic food, steak tartar was amazing. Recommend getting a charcuterie and cheese plate.Special Features:
- Great Saturday Night2finediningDined on 5/24/2014We started with the chef's choice plate of various meats and it was yummy. Had the raw oysters with the wine vinagrette, awesome! We moved on to small plates, roasted asparagus with mushrooms and bonito flakes, steak tartare, and a shaved vegetable salad. We were so full, we couldn't bring ourselves to order a main course. The service was excellent with clean plates and fresh silverware with each course. We will definitely come back, maybe to try a main course this time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 109 reviews are from the Olympic Provisions Southeast reviews archive.
- Definitely Worth the Visit!NordyDined on 5/21/2014Food was fantastic! You love meat...this is where you meet! Dishes were absolutely on point. Everyone in our group had something different & we all loved it!!! Out of towners and would absolutely come back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Perfect!KandKDined on 5/15/2014We wanted a casual evening out in a great place with interesting food and good wine. We couldn't have been happier. The small plate selections let us try some exciting flavor combinations and the wine was memorable.Special Features:
- Great food, fantastic serviceWayneDined on 5/11/2014The location isn't what you'd expect for fine dining (right next to the train tracks in a warehouse/industrial area), however, the food and service more than make up for that.Special Features:
- A Favorite SpotSkipDined on 5/9/2014Have been here many times. Food is always excellent and service is outstanding and friendly. You'll be happy you chose this spot!Special Features:
- MeatTeddyzVIPDined on 5/3/2014If you are a carnivore and like delicatessen, then this is the place. Not bologna sandwiches but upscale charcuterie, cheeses, short rib and vegetables. Great place for unusual fare. Try the asparagus and short ribs! Unbelievable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melts in your mouthBtasticDined on 4/27/2014Each dish we tasted was meltingly good. From the Viking Mary to the short ribs and biscuits and gravy and a few other dishes in between. We were able to make a reservation with 7 of us including 2 kids and it was super easy and we didn't have to wait. We will most definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great spotPamblaDined on 4/26/2014My oldest friend was in town from San Francisco last weekend and every trip he makes to Portland he requests we eat at Olympic Provisions. Luckily he has the opportunity to eat OP meats in SF but he really likes to go to the "mothership" when he comes to Portland. This is our fourth or fifth visit and the food was wonderful as always. We've visited for date night, small and large groups and we are always pleased. The only complaint I have about our last visit is we were at a small table closest to the door and were a little out of sight, out of mind of our server. I was not asked if I would like a second drink and after our food was served we did not see our server for almost 30 minutes. That being said the food was great.Special Features:
- unique pairingscandaceDined on 4/23/2014Loved the pairings of flavors and freshness of the food. The charcuterie board was amazing too. Can't wait to visit again when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Olympic ProvisionsfoodieDined on 4/20/2014This restaurant was the best find I could have made during my time in Portland. Olympic Provisions is and cool, modern and industrial restaurant. It had the best tapas I have had the pleasure of trying and their house made meats were to die for. When we were trying to decide on what wine would go best with our choice of tapas the restaurents wine server came over to the table to discuss our options. She ended up recommending an amazing wine the brought new levels of taste to the already fanominal food. If you are in Portland for a foodie trip or if you're just looking for something new to try I strongly recomend trying out Olympic Provisions. As far as food goes I would also recomend the dried peaches. I was delighted.with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Our first time to Olympic Provision. We had a wonderful meal with our four friends. Was a lovely, intimate dining experience. Especially enjoyed the octopus salad. Still thinking about it days later. Was a fun treat for our group, foodies with kids so don't eat out as much as we wish. Look forward to returning some day soon to try other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The short ribs!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2014Second time I have had the short rib....it is divine. Their meat and cheese boards are over the top, the meat they cure is why.....JUST GO!Special Features:
- Portland coolAtmanDined on 4/16/2014Fab industrial setting. Unassuming and excellent wait staff. These people love what they do and it shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed, low key ambiancesupertasterDined on 4/16/2014A great spot for meat lovers, even those who think they don't like sausages will be pleasantly surprised at how good they can be when done right. Service was fabulous, not intrusive but attentive and very friendly. Low key vibe was evident early on a Wednesday night. We've dined at the West side location on Friday nights and it is quite busy, so that may be the case here as well.Special Features: