Olympic Provisions Southeast
107 SE Washington St.
Portland, OR 97214Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
Olympic Provisions Southeast
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olympicprovisions.com/
- Phone: (503) 954-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm -10:00pm (we close at 9 on Sundays)
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Saturday 3-5pm (walk-in seating only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex Yoder
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Olympic Provisions also offers charcuterie boards and cheese platters that will delight and amaze your guests at any party or event. Please visit our website for more information.
A word from Olympic Provisions Southeast
Tucked into one of Portland’s beautifully restored industrial buildings, Olympic Provisions Southeast has grown from the city’s first USDA salumeria to being a destination for refined, European-style dishes. Our menu is guided by the capable hands of chef Alex Yoder, and reflects an innovative approach to the traditions of rustic European cooking. Yoder’s dishes highlight our housemade charcuterie, locally-sourced meats, and seasonal vegetables. Come to enjoy a unique meal of family style plates or traditional entrées under our glowing MEAT sign. Our extensive wine list will provide an excellent complement to your dinner, with a focus on Old World wines alongside our local favorites. With the sleek industrial design reflecting warm candlelight, the romantic ambience of European dining is alive and well at Olympic Provisions SE. We accept reservations of 5 or larger at lunch/brunch, and all sizes at dinner. Some tables are reserved for walk ins. Please call for parties of 9 or larger.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Olympic Provisions Southeast - Best Restaurants in Southeast Portland ›
Olympic Provisions Southeast reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (20)special occasion (19)good for groups (14)hot spot (12)romantic (12)great for brunch (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Always TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2014Dinner is a marathon, not a race. Start by splitting meat board over cocktails, then a salad, main course and desert. Spend 2 hours chatting with friends. Repeat monthly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best memu of the 2 OP loctions!SteveninpdxVIPDined on 11/9/2014Few spots can make a group of 7 feel so welcome, my out of town guest were impressed! If you like to share this is the place... Started with two boards, French & Chef Special a perfect match with our cocktails made from local vodkas and gins. Now that's way to start our 'made in Portland experience". We then enjoyed 4 small plates for our 2nd round, seafood & veggies (love the octopus). 3rd course... short-ribs + sausage large plates to share, add some great wine and everyone was happy. Now for the surprise... under $40 per person tip included (20% for parties over 6). Great service, a great meal and a perfect price for 2 hours of fun. I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RTseVIPDined on 10/26/2014The charcuterie is a good value. They give a surprising amount of meat in one order. We particularly enjoyed the rillettes and the terrine. The French Garlic Sausage was fantastic. The only dish that wasn't that good was the braised octopus salad. The industrial setting gave it a nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Brunch really impressed!MfclarkDined on 10/25/2014Picked OP for brunch because we had a party of 5 and they take reservations. I had been for lunch and it was good. But brunch was great! Out of five meals there was not one dish that faltered. In fact, we had some of the best brunch in Portland. Even a side of potatoes on the eggs benie was amazing! It was perfect mandolin slices of potato into a buttery pie. This is a gem. We had friendly service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit too full of itselfDinetteDined on 10/23/2014I'm sure some people like to be "instructed" by their server about what's on the menu. I don't. Atmosphere needs to be a little more down too earth -- not so smug and superior. But that's just me. Food is very good and very well prepared.Special Features:
- Always impressed and satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014I love taking friends to this spot. The food is always excellent, the ambiance, very "portland," the meat outstanding. Great date spot.Special Features:
- Excellent Service, Excellent FoodNeedmorebreadDined on 10/8/2014This was our first visit to Olympic Provisions & it was fabulous. We started with the Italian board to share with the table & then ordered a combination of small plates & Large plates to share with the table. The food was bountiful & delicious. We let our server/wine expert choose a lovely bottle of wine for us that complimented the multitude of flavors going on with all the dishes we chose. All in all, this is a great restaurant with a great vibe & we will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- A Great Portland Destination in SEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Great experience for a visiting business group, we let the server a free reign to select dishes and serving order for the whole group and it was done very well. The quantity and quality of the food was superb, the wine selection fit just right.Special Features:
- AmazingLonaDined on 9/28/2014Really, one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Great prices for what you get. We had the Spanish board and just couldn't get over how good it was. Short ribs, delish. Sausage, fantastic! Gin and tonic, not so good. But hey, I went for the meat not the tonic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The End Result Was GoodFoodieFriendsDined on 9/21/2014We booked via Open Table for lunch but were told upon arrival that they didn't have our reservation - we showed them the confirmation email, and it's still not clear to us why their system didn't have our reservation. Hopefully this was a one off glitch, but it didn't start our time there well. Thankfully, they were in the end able to seat our party, after about a 25-30 minute wait, and the meals we each had were worth the longer than anticipated wait. The short rib with laser potatoes was a stand-out dish, the breakfast board was simple but each element well received, the English breakfast and biscuits and gravy also equally good. The amount of food varied per dish, so always check if you are looking for a larger or smaller meal.Special Features:
- CarlaDined on 9/16/2014Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. I love to eat at Olympic Provisions.Special Features:
- Enjoyed Our DinnerIcooktooDined on 8/31/2014We had two of the charcuterie boards, French & Spanish. The chef wisely presented the French first as it was less spicy. Both boards were very good giving a diverse meaty experience. I think we had 8 kinds of sausage, a pate' and a pork comfit. The vegetables were interesting & complimented the meats well. Wines seemed pricey to us. Draught beers were few & bottled priced higher than we are used to. All & all an enjoyable and not overly expensive evening out.Special Features:
- AmazingFinallygotasitterDined on 8/31/2014The charcuterie board and cheese board with a couple small plates and wine. A perfect combination of flavors. Perfect for a long overdue date night. Absolutely delicious. This will become our special occasion place! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time2eatDined on 8/30/2014The food was great the the portions good. But would like to see a few more items on the menu for younger people who have limited likes. We had a college student with us that would have liked a pasta selection or something like that. He isn't much of a meat eater but not a vegan. Still eats meat but not large amount. I guess that is my only idea. Thank you for a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemRnRHawaiiDined on 8/15/2014Although we had to wait 15 minutes for a train to pass before we could find the restaurant, it was well worth the trouble. We were looking for something special on our recent trip to Portland and this fit perfectly. A late dinner for us, we were a few minutes early so were going to be seated at the bar when a table became available and we were seated. The chefs sampler of fresh crafted meats and cheese was outstanding. As I am on a restricted diet, it was a pleasure to find items that I could enjoy. Seating is limited and a little cozy if you have a lively group seated next to you, but the great food makes up for any shortcomings on the ambiance. My wife enjoyed it so much that she took some gusts back on Saturday for bruncSpecial Features:
- Best Bloody Mary Ever.BlearyeyedDined on 8/10/2014In my entire life, I have never had a better Bloody Mary, and the food was amazing too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our server was very rude. The food was great, however! Overall we would have loved our experience but the server made it difficult to enjoy. She was snooty and was irritated with everything we asked about. When we had questions, her answers were short and she offered no extra help. I don't think she realized she was coming across like this though. I think she felt she was being professional but she was coming across as snooty and cold.
- lives up to reputationSebastianDined on 8/5/2014Service was good but occasionally a little on the slow side. Which was weird given that it was a Tuesday at 9pm and it definitely wasn't super full. Staff were lovely though, just wish they got me seated/ordered a little quicker. Very cool space, I sat at the bar directly across from the chefs and it was interesting to watch. Had the French charcuterie board and the spaetzle, can easily recommend both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Bruch Everdm302Dined on 8/3/2014Our group of 5 had a wonderful brunch here on a Sunday. The hash was fantastic, as were the blueberry hotcakes. Overall, i would call this the best brunch ever.Special Features:
- YummyRoxanneDined on 8/1/2014Loved the pate and cheeses available. Great drinks and loved the oysters too. :)Special Features:
- Great Provisions!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014A wonderful second life for an older building as well as being an excellent food place. Service is very welcoming and we felt comfortable from the start. Our questions about menu were answered very knowledgeably and very helpful in helping us decide on our order. The salads we had were excellent, my wife's roasted vegetable salad was very tasty and my baby romaine salad was also very well sauced and very good. I had the choucroute garnie and my wife had spaetzle with beef sugo and both dishes were very good. All the homemade sausages and the ham in my dish were some of the best I have had, but I think that the beef sugo could have been seasoned and spiced up a bit more. Olympic Provisions is definitely a keeper.Special Features:
- 57 Minutes for a Turkey SandwichPinkMistDined on 7/31/2014Absolutely ridiculous, especially if you have an hour for lunch. It took 12 minutes for someone to come by with an attitude to take our drink orders, 8 minutes to bring the drinks, and another 37 minutes for a turkey sandwich. There is one cook, and 2 waitresses. For $18 for a sandwich and coke, you could probably afford to hire at least one more for lunch period. Very disappointed, especially since it was highly recommended.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Olympic Provisions Southeast reviews archive.
- So good!PattyDined on 7/22/2014OP dried salami, sausage, mortadella board was a work of art complete with fennel salad and olives and bread. It is a meal in itself. The restaurant is in an unassuming warehouse district of Portland and we were able to walk across the Alder Bridge from downtown to it from our hotel. I think the polenta and sausage was one of the best polenta dishes I have eaten outside of Italy. The menu is small but changes daily and it packs a large punch! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- gidgetDined on 7/19/2014have had dinner there twice in one week. Is a different spot for out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRedODined on 7/6/2014The restaurant was terrific. Food was creative and delicious. Waitstaff was helpful and accommodating. Pours were generous (unlike The Woodsman Tavern). Odd neighborhood. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- best quality and servicefoieDined on 6/27/2014Colby has been our server the last few times in and she is icredible, her knowledge and professionalism is hands down the best in the city. She should be in management or given a huge raise!! All of our European visitors has given Olympic a huge stamp of quality. Keep up the great work and see you next week. Bring back the wild boar board, try the steak tartare, best in town and the braised beef short ribs!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMRaeGDined on 6/24/2014Everything is just YUM. Their roasted asparagus sandwich is to DIE for. So amazing.Special Features:
- Excellent..ArunaDined on 6/19/2014I made this reservation to celebrate my sons birthday... This restaurant is by design all about excellent meat... which I no longer eat... He had a wonderful meat focused meal and I enjoyed the gnocchi with asparagus.... we both were happy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & Tastee!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014Excellent experience across the board. Delicious, attentive, delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love meat?QueenieDined on 6/13/2014This is the place for you! Amazing meats and cheeses, the pickled veggies are just yum and couple that all with some wine and you've got great shareables and a fun evening. We also ordered the short ribs this time and needed up getting two plates of those to share, they melt in your mouth and the pork chunks on the side is like eating candy. The servers know the menu well so ask for recommendations depending on your party size and most definitely plan to share so you can try as much as possible. It's pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- had a memorable mealggg12Dined on 6/13/2014I want to eat here every week for the rest of my life.Special Features:
- Absolutely Delicious!luvpdxeatsDined on 6/6/2014This is our favorite spot to bring friends! The food is amazing, the service is impeccable and the wine list is to die for! It's always fun too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than we had hoped forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014The steak tartare was outstanding. The beef short ribs were fantastic. The charcuterie was good but not special. One of our cocktails was quite good (old fashioned), the other (the sour) was weak and not interesting. The wine list was the disappointment. We tried several reds and none were to our liking. I think they are in need of a smiled sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well provisioned for!KipperSnacksDined on 6/1/2014Four of us went; first brunch for all though a few (all?) had been for lunch / dinner. Great food overall; good black coffee. (One friend wanted espresso.) Two diminished notes: 1) asparagus omelette seemed more populated by mushrooms than asparagus; 2) 'meat bouquet' was almost precisely that - a mountain of delicious sausage, frankfurter, bratwurst adorned with grilled onions & ? I forget three days on. We enjoyed both plates & this is a slight cautionary note. Meat plate might best be shared more completely than what I did that day (or carried back for leftovers) unless you are a serious carnivore. (I'm a 155 lb, 5'9" guy & don't shy away from a heavy meal now & then but had some kind of protein OD afterward.) We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodfoodietooDined on 5/31/2014We had a spectacular dinner at Olympic Provisions. The food was amazing and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great foodZak7VIPDined on 5/30/2014Fantastic food, steak tartar was amazing. Recommend getting a charcuterie and cheese plate.Special Features:
- Great Saturday Night2finediningDined on 5/24/2014We started with the chef's choice plate of various meats and it was yummy. Had the raw oysters with the wine vinagrette, awesome! We moved on to small plates, roasted asparagus with mushrooms and bonito flakes, steak tartare, and a shaved vegetable salad. We were so full, we couldn't bring ourselves to order a main course. The service was excellent with clean plates and fresh silverware with each course. We will definitely come back, maybe to try a main course this time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Worth the Visit!NordyDined on 5/21/2014Food was fantastic! You love meat...this is where you meet! Dishes were absolutely on point. Everyone in our group had something different & we all loved it!!! Out of towners and would absolutely come back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Perfect!KandKDined on 5/15/2014We wanted a casual evening out in a great place with interesting food and good wine. We couldn't have been happier. The small plate selections let us try some exciting flavor combinations and the wine was memorable.Special Features:
- Great food, fantastic serviceWayneDined on 5/11/2014The location isn't what you'd expect for fine dining (right next to the train tracks in a warehouse/industrial area), however, the food and service more than make up for that.Special Features: