Olympia Grill at Pier 21
100 21st Street
Galveston, TX 77550Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Olympia Grill at Pier 21
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.olympiapier21.com/
- Phone: 4097650021
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm< Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Greek
- Executive Chef: Tikie Kriticos, Elizabeth Peraza, Ector Moreno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service event planning, from parties of 10 - 300.
- Private Party Facilities: The Compass Room: A perfect place for meetings, anniversary parties and intimate wedding rehearsal dinners, etc. The room accommodates up to 60 guests for seated dinner or 75 guests for cocktail parties. The Top Gallant Room: Situated in the heart of the historical downtown Strand District, the Top Gallant room overlooks Sangerfest Park from the 3rd floor of the Thomas Jefferson Building. It is a perfect location for a wedding receptions, reunions, holiday parties, awards banquets, etc. This room accommodates up to 250 guests. Whether for a plated dinner or buffet, our staff will surely make your party a success. The Patio: This is where guests come to relax and enjoy the sunset over the Pelican Island Bridge and watch the hustle and bustle of the harbor. With a sunken full bar for your drinking pleasures, this is a perfect place to have a leisure luncheon or dinner parties with friends and family.
- Private Party Contact: Wendy Hsu 4097650021
- Entertainment: Belly dancer to perform on Friday and Saturday night in the dining room from 7:00-7:30PM
A word from Olympia Grill at Pier 21
Welcome to Olympia 21!! We are first generation Greek-Americans born and raised in Galveston, Texas. We credit our father (Seawall Cafe) and our uncle (The Golden Greek) for teaching us to follow in their footsteps as great restaurateurs. In their kitchens we were taught Gulf Coast, Creole and Greek cooking styles. Each day our kitchen prepares the freshest foods continuing with our treasured traditional family recipes. Our promise to you is that we will continually test new items as well as maintain the integrity of the family recipes, which have continued to please our customers for four generations in Texas. We also promise to ensure that when you visit our restaurant, you will feel at home and enjoy a memorable experience. We sincerely hope that you enjoy our restaurant and tell your friends about us. The Kriticos FamilyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Olympia Grill at Pier 21 - Best Restaurants in Galveston ›
Olympia Grill at Pier 21 reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (45)scenic view (43)special occasion (28)good for groups (26)kid-friendly (23)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (14)romantic (12)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (10)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Sunset DinnerKKdineoutDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant was a little noisy with children. This restaurant is good for families with children. The evening we went to the Olympia Grill, we were not able to eat outside on the waterfront as the humidity was high and there were mosquitoes. We had a great view of the Harbor and the sunset. Our food was very average. We had the moussaka and the pastitsio, which were average, I have been told that the crab cakes are excellent and wish that I had ordered that. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Get-a-awayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We had a lovely dinner. The food was very good. Then we were surprised with a delicious desert in honor of our 35th wedding anniversary. It was all very enjoyable.Special Features:
- always great!mollybVIPDined on 8/31/2014We always enjoy our meals there while being on the water. Double pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantmouseDined on 8/30/20141 had the soft shelled crab. 2 had the flounder. 1 had snapper. Everyone loved their food and it all tasted wonderful. Couldn't believe how big the flounder were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chill out . . . not here!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Although I enjoyed my meal, I must say that if you expect to have a relaxed, unrushed meal, this may not be the place for you. Between the overly loud Greek music to the wandering belly dancer, the noise level was extreme. Our waitress was quite good, but the entrees were ready within 5 minutes of our appetizers being delivered, which actually was after our salads arrived. Good value, good food, but turn down the volume!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We were pretty much a waitresses worst nightmare. Party of 11, 5 kids under 5 yrs old, 3 gluten intolerant people, and separate checks. Everything went off without a hitch. Waitress was very patient, took care of everything just like we wanted. Would recommend for great greek food and a great time.Special Features:
- Galveston FavoriteGalvestonDined on 8/23/2014Olympia Grill at Pier 21 is our favorite restaurant in Galveston. The restaurant was very accommodating to our reservation as we had to change it. We can always find a dish that we would enjoy and this visit was no exception. We had a delightful evening dining at Olympia Grill.Special Features:
- Good food and dolphinsgalvdocVIPDined on 8/10/2014If it isn't beastly hot, sit outside and watch the dolphins and seabirds off the pier. The area is fairly industrial, with the Ocean Star oil drilling museum and rigs in for repair, but the dolphins are almost guaranteed and the view of the sunset is dramatic. The pace of our meal was perfect - not at all rushed and no delays either. We tried a different meal this time, the "Poseidon Platter" which was an enormous tray of seafood that easily filled three of us when topped off with a hummus appetizer and a Greek salad. The Greek food is authentic, the seafood is fresh. The menu isn't adventurous but it is completely reliable and portions are huge. The inside seating accommodates large parties easily, but it is fairly loud and hard to hear.Special Features:
- goodjap90Dined on 8/9/2014Food was really good and so was the service. Best restaurant in Galveston by far. They could lose the stripper belly dancer but other than that really good. A little over priced but you can expect that on vacation in Galveston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greekexperience1Dined on 8/8/2014we went there because we knew the belly dancer personally. she was awesome and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambianceMedic60Dined on 8/7/2014This is the first time I have ever took the time to log a review. But this place deserves it. While On Galveston Island our family decided to hunt for local seafood. After driving past several of your everyday tourist trap restaurants we decided to head to the pier on the outskirts of town. What a wonderful decision this turned out to be. Amazing atmosphere, amazing service, amazing food. We ordered seared tuna, red snapper, Gulf shrimp grilled and fried, steamed vegetables etc.... All great. Will never be able to visit the area without stopping in. 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafoodhappydinerDined on 8/1/2014Recommended by the hostess at our bed and breakfast, and it did not disappoint. I had a moist and meaty grilled salmon steak and my husband had shrimp cooked in a variety of ways that he says were excellent. Nice surroundings overlooking the harbor, but it was a bit noisy. Friendly staff and good service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Delicious food, a great view of the bay and a beautiful, friendly belly dancer! What's not to loveSpecial Features:
- Celebration Dinnerhoney26Dined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious, especially the stuffed shrimp. Our reservations were at 8pm and we sat outside on the covered deck. Overall, the evening was very enjoyable. I am thankful that we were outside for it was very noisy indoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- medmanDined on 7/25/2014The food, service, ambience and overall quality was really outstanding --- that was my second trip there, and I will certainly come back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!Leslie1Dined on 7/17/2014We always eat at the Olympia Grill whenever we are in Galveston. I love the greek salad and my husband picks out something from their seafood assortment. This time we had a large group so we made an online reservation and also let them know we were bringing our dog (as the website says is ok). Our table was ready on the patio when we arrived. They didn't mind our large dog (and he was very well behaved!) He appreciated the water bowl they brought him. The service is always great.Special Features:
- DclarkeDined on 7/12/2014Food was excellent! Our waitress was attentive. Reservation through open table and we were seated as soon as we walked in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Highlight of Our Island VisitraptorflightDined on 7/9/2014The Olympia Grill was amazing! It came highly recommended by our tour guide and did not disappoint. The staff was courteous, attentive and professional. We were looking for local fresh catch seafood and that's what we got. Wonderfully prepared, perfectly portioned and reasonably priced. We asked for a view of the bay and were rewarded with a beautiful sunset. When I return to Galveston Island the Olympia Grill will be a must for my schedule.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Olympia Grill served outstanding food with great service. We ate at 5:30 because we had two children, ages newborn and two, with us. The server was very efficient and friendly. The Baked Shrimp was terrific. The red snapper was delicious. It was a wonderful experience for our family.Special Features:
- cat41cat41Dined on 7/6/2014There were six ladies heading to the Opera House and made reservations here. The food was EXCELLENT. The young lady waitress was excellent - competent and affable. We didn't know about brunch availability and were delighted to find it. The brunch menu was outstanding. So many different choices. The crab cakes and the peach bellini's were icing on the cake. Best we've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a familyBeachgrandmaDined on 7/5/2014Pleasantly surprised to book a reservation for dinner on a holiday week-end. Our group numbered 10. Good variety of both Greek and seafood choices for both adults and children. Restaurant handled several large groups easily. Highly competent, friendly staff. Reasonable prices. Some of the best seafood on the island. Outdoor seating great for viewing harbor life. Previously had only enjoyed lunch but will return for dinner on a future trip to the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodSeewwDined on 7/3/2014The seafood was exceptional and lived up the reviews and reputation. The outside dining has a great view and is quiet enough to have a conversation. Overall a wonderful place IF you could do something about the mosquitos. We had to leave as soon as we were through scarfing down our food (and others were doing the same) because the mosquitos were just too overwhelming.Special Features:
- Must goTxExpatDined on 6/30/2014Expansive menu, excellent food,, great service, and beautiful setting. If you are in Galveston this is a must go place.Special Features:
- Always good in GalvestonScrambleDined on 6/28/2014We love the Olympia at Pier 21. Great place for Saturday and Sunday brunch. The deck overlooking the harbor is wonderful. Even when it's hot, a cool breeze is usually blowing. Crab cake eggs benedict can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedKerinycDined on 6/25/2014We went here based on reviews from others. The food was tasteless and we felt we were eating in a cafeteria. Over priced bad food.Special Features:
- Could have been amazing.....KrissyDined on 6/14/2014Highly recommended on OT...So I made a reservation for 4 to celebrate a Birthday. Very busy for an early reservation, but we were seated right away. Unfortunately our waitress, who was very sweet, had a very hard time communicating with us and came back to our table several times to clarify the drink orders, forget the meal! After almost 20 minutes waiting for our drinks, we ordered and our meals were delicious. (One meal came incorrectly, but it was quickly taken care of by another waiter.) We did receive the a free dessert for our friend but long after we had paid our bill, so we sat there just waiting. The overall experience was fun being with girl friends, but I would not recommend this restaurant as a first choice at Pier 21.Special Features:
- Good choice in GalvestonRickDined on 6/9/2014Can't go wrong w/ Olympia Grill. Only downside was mosquitoes that came out around 9PM, & that's not their faultSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Restaurant!!SharonDined on 6/6/2014We had family in from all over the state for a High School Graduation celebration. The food and service were outstanding as usual. The Olympia Grill has the best gyros between Galveston and Houston (I've tried them all, I think!). This will be my first pick of restaurants whenever a special occasion arises again.Special Features:
- Very good food; fine serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Olympia. We had 6 adults and the children under two, and the staff was accommodating and friendly. Our 5:30 reservation worked well with the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shakey service, good foodPeteDined on 6/1/2014Restaurant was 1/2 full, seemed to have plenty of staff (possibly a teaching Sunday night?), but food delivery was very slow. Hard to get anyones attention. At the end a manager took care of us and the bill.
- HtowndiningDined on 5/30/2014Had an excellent waiter, very interesting young man from the Ukraine. Met the manager who advised on a nice Greek white wine. Love to nibble on appetizers and then split an entree. Lamb is great, so is seafood. Had scallops and veggies. Very tasty.Special Features:
- Fake Greek food is averageChrisVIPDined on 5/26/2014Food is just average, but at the prices they're asking, it's clear you're paying for the waterfront view. There are restaurants with much better food in the area that only ask slightly higher ($5-10/person) prices. Further, Olympia Grill would not allow a salad to substituted for the two sides (options are very limited) included with an entree. This combined with our server too eagerly and frequently refilling our wine glasses, demonstrated he was trying to remove the wine chiller bucket as fast as possible (like to use for another table). No interest to return.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Olympia Grill at Pier 21 reviews archive.
- Very Disappointing experiencewaynesworldtxDined on 5/17/2014We booked this restaurant because it had good reviews and my wife had been there on a couple of other occasions and was impressed. We also wanted to dine somewhere away from the typical tourist traps on the Galveston Seawall. Boy, were we disappointed ! The food was extremely overpriced and of extremely low quality. The service was almost nonexistent - it felt like we were "honoring" them with our presence. High cost, low quality, sorry service - why would anybody give this restaurant a good rating ??? We won't be back.
- Mothers DayNicole1469Dined on 5/11/2014We went for Mothers day lunch. Loved the menu lots of great choices. Fun atmosphere!! Great outside bar looking at the water! Great service. Food portions amazing for the money. We enjoyed all of it and we will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchBossy1MomDined on 4/13/2014We were pleased with the parking situation, and the location of the restaurant as one diner was on crutches. We were seated quickly as we had reservations. We chose inside view because of the wind and were pleased with our decision. Our waiter greeted us with a smile and was very pleasant the entire time. Just the correct amount of personality . He inquired if we have any time constraints and we did and he assured us we would be able to meet those. We had drinks, no appetizers and all 4 of us were quite pleased with our menus choices. I would definitely return here again. My seafood omelet was out of this world! And I was pleased with the amount of seafood it contained. Great, food, service and time enjoyed by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKimberlyDined on 4/11/2014We arrived and the restaurant was semi busy. We waited about 10 minutes for the waiter to approach. He took our drink order and I watched two couples come in and be seated and get their drinks before we did. I was starting to get aggravated. However, once we received the drinks it was smooth sailing. Food was great! We ended up having a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal after the RaceDrewDined on 4/6/2014This place has become our go-to favorite for eating after the Galveston Half Ironman race in April. The food is terrific and the atmosphere is perfect for letting the athletes unwind and refuel while the kids enjoy themselves as well. The Greek food is delicious! The gyro meat is my favorite. For the kids, the pita bread grilled cheese is pretty hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whole Flounder in GalvestonRussDined on 4/2/2014We were very impressed with our dining experience at the Olympia Grill at Pier 21. The whole flounder was well prepared as was the speckled trout my wife had. We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves excellently prepared seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group outingDanaDined on 3/29/2014Olympia was wonderful at arranging a beautiful spot in restaurant for our large group. Great views food was yummy and we were all members of the clean plate club after our desserts arrived. A beautiful evening with family in from out of state.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem in Galveston, w/ a view!IndianaKris1Dined on 3/28/2014On our last day in Galveston we were looking for a special place to eat. As it was a Friday (during lent) we decided to make reservations on line with Open Table. It could not have been easier and we were able to secure a great table outside! Large outdoor seating area with a fantasic view, but Pier 21 Olympia Grill was a fantastic dining experience! The food was great, the service was fantastic, there was a kids menu, our waiter Angel was quick and attentive, I can't say enough about it. It was a great end of vacation meal and I can recommend this dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.