O'Lunney's Times Square Pub
145 W 45th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
IrishPrice: $30 and under
O'Lunney's Times Square Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.olunneys.com/
- Phone: 2128406688x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 10:00am - 2:00am;
Lunch & DInner: Wednesday/Saturday: 10:00 - 3:00am;
Bar Open Every Night Till 4:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Irish
- Executive Chef: Raul Vega
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: O'Lunney's Times Square Pub and Restaurant offers a large, private dining space and bar with all the amenities to make your next event a success.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2128406688x
A word from O'Lunney's Times Square Pub
O'Lunney's Times Square Pub & Restaurant, located in the heart of Times Square, offers traditional Irish cuisine, steaks, seafood and daily specials as well as sandwiches and burgers with a fun, friendly atmosphere. O'Lunney's Times Square Pub is perfect for a business lunch, an after work drink, pre or post theatre or casual dinner with friends. A great mix of locals and visitors we welcome all men and women of good will, whether for a moment or for hours. Bar open every day 'til 4am, Kitchen 'til 3am. Private Dining and party space available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
O'Lunney's Times Square Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fun Restaurant for Pre TheaterSPA2014Dined on 9/11/2014My guest and I enjoyed O'Lunney's Time Square Pub. The service was prompt and efficient. The Chicken Pot Pie and Crab Cakes were just the entrees we were looking for pre theater. I would definitely visit again, especially if I had limited time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy dinerluvgoodfoodDined on 8/26/2014Food and service was very good. In the heart of time square. great atmosphere. I would come back again.Special Features:
- Good, recommendable.DinnerAndShowDined on 8/16/2014Courteous staff, quick service and good food/bar. The Gluten Free menu is a definite plus. Could use a might more variety on the menu selection.Special Features:
- Irish Greatness :)momsanddaughtersDined on 7/27/2014Food and service was great! Enjoyed the Irish atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 6/8/2014Nice place to have a bite to eat after a matinee showSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 74 reviews are from the O'Lunney's Times Square Pub reviews archive.
- Great finddda59Dined on 4/26/2014The chicken curry was excellent. The ambiance was great. Menu had Irish pub fare but a good choice of other options. Close to Times Square/Theater district so it is a good choice pre or post seeing a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre dinner!MsFloTravelsDined on 4/25/2014I booked a group of 10 for 5:30pm and O'Lunney's was available. Their website and menu including Traditional Irish favorites was a draw as I was dining with my high school students on a class trip from Virginia. The staff was very welcoming and accommodating. They called to confirm a few hours before were arrived and were flexible to arrange for others from my larger group to dine together. The food was great, timely and affordable. We will definitely be back on our next trip!Special Features:
- Comfort food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/24/2014We were visiting NY from Boston (kudos to the pin-stripers for spanking the sox at Fenway earlier in the week...many games left; thankfully) - and we were looking for a place to go near our hotel. O'Lunney's fit the bill and i was able to secure a reservation via Open Table quickly. Service was prompt and friendly, and our food was good. I'm a sucker for Guinness and Shepard's Pie and that's what I ordered and enjoyed. The manager came out to thank us for being there and his courtesy was noted and appreciated. Although we didn't spend time at the bar, it looks like it is a good spot for a pint, watching a game, and/or just hanging with friends.Special Features:
- Nice casual atmospherew/good foodmomof2Dined on 4/12/2014Went here for my husband's birthday. He loves the chicken pot pie.Special Features:
- Early dinnerJussieDined on 4/12/2014I went to O'Lunney's with a group of friends for an early dinner after a theater matinee. We were seated quickly in a large booth in the back of the pub and our drink order was taken soon after we sat down. The pub was a bit on the dark side, a combination of low lighting and dark wood but that made it seem more intimate and friendly. Me and a friend each chose the reuben and it was melt in your mouth magnificent. Our server was prompt and attentive. O'Lunney's allowed substitutions for french fries for a small fee and one of my friends took advantage and ordered a salad instead. I recommend O'Lunney's for a casual meal among friends.Special Features:
- Good pre- theater lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2014This restaurant is right next door to the Lyceum Theater. It is very convenient when seeing a play there. The wait staff is very pleasant and the choice of food is good. It advertises that it is Irish food but it is a very varied menu from many other cultures.Special Features:
- Definitely recommendedjaykayDined on 3/22/2014Bar restaurant, Irish Decor and Atmosphere. Service was quick and on point, very friendly. Food was excellent, prepared as asked. A very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Good Mr. O'Lunney'sDaveDined on 3/17/2014Good Pub-Handled the St Patrick's Day crowd nicely.Special Features:
- Food was fine. A bit noisywestsiderDined on 3/4/2014Food was fine. A bit noisy but that is the kind of place it is. People were having fun. Good for moderate pre theatre meal.Special Features:
- Not BadMikeDined on 2/14/2014We chose this place based on reviews and it wasn't bad. Seemed surprisingly empty for a Friday night in NYC but being Valentine's Day, it wasn't someplace that I would label as "romantic"...still, not a bad place and an overall decent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy Location - Friendly Staff3JRZGRLDined on 2/8/2014Found this place on Open Table and was able to get a reservation for a Saturday Night for dinner at 6:00 after a matinee. Seating was very tight, with our table at times needing to be slid to the left or right to accomodate people arriving or leaving adjacent to you. The crowd however was very friendly, and it did make us uncomfortable. We just laughed it off with the people seated around us. We had fish and chips and shepards pie. The servings were adequate - not too big, not too small and all the waitstaff was friendly and helpful. Nothing we had overly special, but the food was quick and hot, the service was good and the crowd and staff friendly. I would return to this restaurant if in Times Square again.Special Features:
- Perfect for an informal preadgirlDined on 1/25/2014Perfect for an informal pre or post theater dinner. Good food, affordable prices and the wait staff is lovely. Offers traditional Irish and American fare. Burgers, pot pie, steaks, seafood. Something for everyone.Special Features:
- Great Food Find at O'Looney's Pub!Dianela5Dined on 1/17/2014My sister and I went here for dinner were both pleasantly surprised. the service was super friendly, food was delicious and done to perfection. We both had the filet mignon over a bed of fresh spinach with garlic & butter, The vegetables were fresh not frozen or from a can, the spinach was also fresh & the garlic was not out of a jar. the Filet Mignon was done to perfections and the portions were generous. For desert we shared the Crème Brule which was to die for. The prices were great, a lot better then most other restaurants in NYC. Very reasonable. We will be going back to O'Looney's Pub and highly recommend it to all. Thank you for a great dining experience. Loved the waitress & her Irish accent topped the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the showSeafoodguyVIPDined on 1/16/2014O'Lunney's is our new favorite Irish pub in midtown. Convenient to Broadway for dinner or a beer before the show, the staff was friendly, the place was filled with other happy patrons and the food was great. I'm not sure I would order pasta there, but the bangers and mash was great and everything in the menu was appetizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre-play lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2014No matter who I go with we can all find something we like. Place is always, warm, friendly, relaxing & quick if you need it to be.Special Features:
- Decent food, decent pricesJeaniusDined on 1/5/2014We stopped in before seeing Billy Crystal's final performance of 700 Sundays. Nice atmosphere and decent food overall. Even though burger came out a bit over cooked--I ordered "medium well" and got "well-done", it was still edible and I didn't complain. Nice neighborhood place if you're looking for a decent lunch.Special Features:
- Quick Bite Before the Show!LIdineDined on 12/29/2013The restaurant was not to crowded. We were seated right away. Waiter came over with menus and drinks. He was always available. Delicious burgers, steaks and Chicken pot pies! Good place for families. We have teenagers, but saw younger families there as well. If in the Broadway area again, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Irish PubDrGoldDined on 12/28/2013Energetic Irish pub. Good service, nice people. Food was good, not great, good. Close to Times Square so convenient if you're in the city to visit the Tourist spots (Times Square, Rockefeller Center, etc.) Probably better as lunch spot than dinner in my opinion. Worth a try if you're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2013We booked this place at the last minute before a show. They held my table, even though we were a few minutes late. The food was very good, we all had something different. The Shepherd's pie was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near TheatreColemanDined on 12/27/2013Very convenient, well run, nice people, very good food.Special Features:
- Located right off of TimesTori44Dined on 12/26/2013Located right off of Times Square...we had nice table toward the back where we could talk easily and enjoy a casual dinner as a family. Service was good and food was delivered quickly and accurately. Would patronize this restaurant again on a future trip to the city.Special Features:
- Food was ok, nothing specialAtlantaTravelersDined on 12/21/2013Food was ok, nothing special . Service was excellent . Great place to eat on Times Square.Special Features:
- Nice atmospheremomof2Dined on 12/21/2013Great place to go for lunch or dinner while visiting NYC. Both dining experiences were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A day in the cityTourist127Dined on 12/21/2013I was with a group of 7. We had a reservation and were seated immediately, even though it was the Saturday before Christmas. We had a fantastic server, Dave. The food and the service were both incredible. I would go back again and would highly recomend to my friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2013I try and visit O'Lunney's on every trip to the city. The food is a sure thing and everywhere you look you see people having a good time with friends. This trip I had the chicken pot pie and it was great. The owner's are a constant presence making sure everything is running the way it should. The place looked lovely all dressed up for Christmas. Go raith maith agat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunionJimmydDined on 12/16/2013It was the perfect spot for a reunion of 8 former colleagues working in and around Times Square to meet, talk and have a good lunch. The food is fresh, comes out quick and the service is good.Special Features:
- Pre-matinee lunch pubConnecticutDined on 12/15/2013Food was fine; waiter was great; location next to Lyceum very convenient. Could NOT understand, when we had reservations on Sunday at 2 and the restaurant was not filled, why we were given a table next to a cash register, a pile of napkins underneath, etc.- not a photogenic view. Decided to ignore that and focus on the food and talk and both were excellent. I would go again, but I would speak up about where I sat - actually our table for two could not have been less enticing if we had just walked in unexpectedly and were squeezed in at last minute and the pub was full...and this was not the case. We had bothered with reservations and still sat in the worst seats. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- American barEsteeNJVIPDined on 12/14/2013Our group of four ate dinner at O'Lunneys on a Saturday evening. The beer was good. The food was not. Not bad, just extremely undistinguished (and not very Irish). The calamari was pretty tasteless. Our main dishes (Reuben, shepherd's pie and fish) were below average. The service was friendly and capable. It's an OK choice if you're looking for a quick dinner near Times Square, but I can hardly recommend it.
- Great bar, good foodOlinecVIPDined on 12/13/2013O'Lunney's Times Square Pub is not a relaxing, quiet restaurant. It has a loud, energetic bar that is quite crowded. Foodwise, O'Lunney's Times Square Pub is worth a stop. Next door to one theater and a few doors down from other theaters. Steak sandwich was delicious, tender, flavorful, perfectly medium rare. Fish and chips were light and flavorful. Potato soup with leeks and bacon, a special of the evening, was a disappointment with little flavor and no bacon flavor. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Noise level was deafening,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/13/2013Noise level was deafening, service and food mediocre, would not recommend for pre theatre much more of a bar scene.
- Good Service, Great FoodB4theShowDined on 11/30/2013I arrived an hour before my reservation but was seated almost right away. Even though the place was packed, the maitre de actually came looking for me at the bar and was able to satisfy my request for a table with a little more light than normal (I like to read the paper while I eat). I ordered the chicken pot pie and I was pleasantly surprised that the 'puff pastry' top was flakier than most croissants you find in NYC! A very satisfying experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerKLockDined on 11/28/2013We ate Thanksgiving dinner here while visiting NYC. The service was excellent and we had our food quickly. The owner socialized with the customers and even took a family picture of us. Great location; right near Times Square.Special Features:
- Good food, nice pubChefRLDined on 11/28/2013A friend and I were looking for a casual and reasonable place to enjoy a turkey dinner while visiting NYC for Thanksgiving. We found this place to be the perfect mix of what we were looking for. Nice atmosphere great waitress and good food! Give this one a try. I wil return again.Special Features:
- Perfect ThanksgivingOZTBDined on 11/28/2013Couldn't have picked a better place to have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. It was our first time in America for this celebration. Food was Yummy and the apple pie was devine. Highly recommend any time of the year. Staff were very attentive and welcoming.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2013After the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade we went here for lunch. It was very easy to find and the place was beautiful. We had a wonderful lunch and the staff was very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.