469 4th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://olivierbistro.com/
- Phone: 7187686600x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 4:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:30pm
Daily: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Guillaume Thivet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Olivier Bistro
Olivier Bistro represents true French cuisine and sensibility. Owner Olivier Verdier and head chef Guillaume Thivet invite you to enjoy classic and modern Bistro food done right.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Olivier Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)good for groups (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- jbrowVIPDined on 10/11/2014Everything on the menu that is French cuisine should be tried: foies gras, tartar, mussels, escargot, soup (french onion), frites, and brunch variants, etc. This is a really warm and friendly neighborhood place that we'd all want to experience continued success so we have cool, eclectic places to dine. My experiences here have been fantastic and Olivier and team are great commodores of their place. Every experience has been to notch.Special Features:
- A bistro in name onlytothepointDined on 7/4/2014Steak Tartare tortured with excess worchestire , Scallops 'd Veau gloppy with a tasteless mud slide and Gnocchi piled high and dry then sprinkled with bacon . The Roasted Pork Belly was decent and these are Nice People but......
- The following 5 reviews are from the Olivier Bistro reviews archive.
- Local TreasuremehiratsukaVIPDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I took some friends who were visiting from DC here for dinner and we loved it. The food was great, our server was very personable and friendly, and prices weren't terrible. The interior was quaint and we certainly plan to go back for brunch. The one complaint is that the restaurant only accepts American Express.Special Features:
- Park Slope moves to 4th AvenueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014I drive past this place all the time and decided to try it. It was lovely. I loved the Tire Shop view, i mean c'mon it's 4th Avenue. But it was a nice change from the usual 5th avenue scene. Food Good. Wine good. I'll be back.Special Features:
- An evening in Park SlopeJodiVIPDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant was open to the street and provided a nice city feel with great service and food. Salad verte was prepared with a light touch and requests for no salt on food was followed. Chicken liver pate was smooth and silky with just right texture. Escalopes de Veau was tender and cooked just right while the fish of the day was flaky and presentation excellent.Special Features:
- comme ci comme çaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2014had higher expectations given the enthusiastic reviews. while the three gentlemen handling the front of house were indeed french, the food lacked any level of finesse. bland escargot. thin slices of mediocre baguette. over cooked chicken and undercooked ratatouille. and stick to wine as the cocktails are trés petite.
- French Bistro FindVeggieHeavenVIPDined on 4/26/2014The food was very tasty, fresh and beautifully presented. I had the poisson (fish) soup and duck entree and my partner had the green salad and vegetable entree with mushroom side. Olivier had a good selection of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.