2043 S Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olivia-austin.com/
- Phone: 5128042700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International
- Executive Chef: James Holmes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Olivia
Rich in European and Southern influences, the menu changes daily to reflect the season and goods of local farmers & ranchers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Olivia - Best Restaurants in South Austin ›
Olivia reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)great for brunch (64)special occasion (62)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (37)notable wine list (28)great for outdoor dining (27)hot spot (22)good for groups (16)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- bad luck??OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Hostesses were great and friendly!!! Very inviting!! Ambiance was modern and fun, but restaurant was too warm which made it uncomfortable. Service was the biggest fail. We were greeted quickly by our waitress, but that is where the pleasantries ended. She was cold and uninterested the rest of the time we were there. We had to ask for our water to be refilled and got a look as if we were inconveniencing her. She never came to ask how the food was or check on us. I got the spinach omelet and couldn't eat it. Too slimy, like it was a little undercooked. French toast was amazing! Biscuits and gravy were just okay. Bacon was disappointing b/c it was limp and not crispy. Waitress didn't even question the omelet that went uneaten. Disappointing!!Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinneryumyumDined on 8/26/2014We had a party of 7 and wanted to have a special dinner. We ordered every appetizer and then ordered 5 entrees. It was fabulous. The appetizer dishes not only tasted great but presented in a beautiful way. Found the cheese flavors fabulous, had to take a photo the dish was so pretty but for $16, I bet there was 1 oz of cheese. Pork Ribs were the opposite and a great value. The quail entree was my favorite. Easy to eat and beautiful presentation and tasty. The braised lamb was on the heavy side for summer and lots of dark colors - not so visual. All in all, I had a great birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonDDonDVIPDined on 8/24/2014We have eaten at Olivia's several times and have always enjoyed the creativity of kitchen and the excellence of the cuisine. The service also has always been first-rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Great experience again food was amazing The restaurant was smoky due to air vent problem we were assured it was being taken care of The charcuterie plate is the best in Austin Our server was very knowledgable and pleasant.....................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty FoodfoodbeeDined on 8/23/2014Food is too salty. That applies to every dish we ordered. The atmosphere in the restaurant is great and it has a good menu selection.
- Officially Obsessed.LanhieLoveDined on 8/16/2014I went here with my partner to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. I am extremely adventurous with food as she is not. The food satisfied us in so many ways. Presentation was gorgeous, and delicious is an understatement. I had the pork cheek carbonara that I can't stop dreaming about. The restaurant is modern, yet cozy and comfortable. It isn't too noisy either. The wine list is extensive yet had accurate descriptions (as I'm pretty clueless about wine). I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. Foodie or not, if you love to eat and can appreciate local ingredients this is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bump in the roadCathcamVIPDined on 8/16/2014or permanently uneven? on arrival the restaurant was visibly smoky from the open kitchen; we were seated near a large table of women, the noise level was more akin to a bar than a restaurant; We ordered the olives, & cheese board as a shared appetizer, arrived promptly but the cheese was skimpy, two small piles,vastly outweighed by the flatbread;we waited, and waited and waited... We had 3 entrees, the braised lamb, then pork and scallops. The lamb was barely warm, although it was presented well, on a bed of tomatoes with pureed cauliflower. We advised the waiter, they apologized and took the lamb away having advised that they had no microwave, when the dish returned, there was barely any tomato base and things were all out of sync.
- Brunch with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Have been to Olivia's for brunch a few times and it never disappoints. Awesome food and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt RushedJaneneDined on 8/16/2014A year ago the service seemed lovelier. This time I felt like they were just trying to get us in and out.. Something went missing. Maybe they've become too popular...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit, still question valueEnviroVIPDined on 8/15/2014Olivia is a beautiful restaurant serving good food. On my recent visit, I was disappointed by the waitstaff recommendation for a red wine that tasted awful, but cost $65 per bottle. And the watermelon gazpacho sounded appealing. It tasted good: ALL FOUR SPOONFULS for $11. The pork entree was tasty.
- Good, but priceyStephDined on 8/14/2014I went to Olivia for a ladies night, and we almost always order a few appetizers and a dinner to share. However, the price for the appetizers was so high compared to the quantity, we were over our budget after three, but stretched to four hoping for a redemption. Unfortunately, the papas frites were the only good sized portions. The beef carpaccio was very tasty, though. The cheese plate was a sad sampling of two cheeses and a few nuts, and the ravioli was just three pastas. I suggest skipping apps and getting just plates, maybe they're a better bang for your buck. I feel you can find similarly quality and conscience food for better prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014our waitress - Isabella? was amazing - very enthusiastic and considerate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience all around!SulliDined on 8/9/2014Brunch was great! The food was delicious, fresh and beautifully presented. Very stylish and yet organic at the same time. Loved the atmosphere and great service! I want to go back and try dinner there next time I'm in Austin. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a lovely findJPinATXDined on 8/5/2014Was my first visit, the menu I saw online drew me in. Clean place, modern, striking. Great service from bar, wait staff, host. Everyone was delightful. The prices are expensive for what you get; for that reason I will limit my number of visits but all in all was a delightful evening.Special Features:
- a great place to visit for dinnerJimFDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I had heard of this restaurant and decided to try it. We were met by a very nice hostess and seated at a booth that was quiet and somewhat private. The waitress was excellent. She guided us in selecting a wine, after bringing us a tasting of 2 that I had picked out. The oysters were excellent, as was the pear salad. We both chose tri tips for dinner. This was this was the one drawback to an otherwise perfect meal. My steak was very tough for Tri Tip steak. My wife's steak appeared to be more tender. I will definitely go back for another meal, assuming that I was just unlucky enough to get the tough piece of steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TryAsianSmallsDined on 7/27/2014It is very Austin type of restaurant. Definitely make a reservation as the place fills up quickly. The food is a hit or miss depending on what you order. The service is great. Parking is terrible. The spots are tiny and not made for Texas cars.Special Features:
- DelightfulCooklovesfood87Dined on 7/26/2014I just went to, Olivia on a first date, and it was wonderful. Staff was very friendly and my water cup was never dry. Food was a little pricey, but I knew what I was getting myself into, and it was delicious. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious farm to tableScphilDined on 7/26/2014Olivia serves delicious farm to table food. A great variety, from oysters to salad to duck and steak. Rather large portions which make the prices seem right in line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If only they had a liquor licenseDineNwineDined on 7/26/2014I love going to Olivia for brunch- you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. they haven't gotten their liquor license yet, that is my one complaint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!macmartDined on 7/20/2014The food was amazing. The service was spot on. But even with a reservation we had to wait 45 minutes. Blah. No fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lacking on the servicebeta1985Dined on 7/20/2014The ambience of the restaurant was extremely cute. The service however was lacking. Our waitress seemed disinterested in her job. We had to keep trying to hunt her down to get items we ordered. One of the girls asked her for the same juice twice and she still never got it. Also, we had to wait for over 45 minutes to get our food. Two people from our party did not their food for another 10 mins. No apologies were offered for the wait. The food however was well prepared and delicious. I would not return because Austin has such a great food scene that it isn't really necessary to put up with bad service to get a good meal.Special Features:
- We loved it!!justmyopinionDined on 7/12/2014The food was amazing - local, Austin vibe (my vegetable quiche was made exclusively from veggies from their garden out back) - with an elevated take on traditional dishes. My entree was served on a wood plank with a beautiful smear of goat cheese and a side salad with blueberry vinaigrette. Our daughter had the foie gras and loved it... my husband the pork belly, and our son in law a short rib burger (with a garlic aioli, and then house made ketchup and fries). Each entree was wonderful and the presentation was very appealing (so foodies will appreciate), but there's also a rustic quality and quantity, so hearty eaters will leave satisfied and full! Our waiter was awesome, too! We went for brunch but we'll be going back for dinner soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehhhhh not that excitingstikinikiDined on 7/11/2014Olivia's missed the mark in my opinion. The food was OK but for the price I had much higher expectations. I hate to say it but the server had a hard time talking about the food and explaining it. The execution was average and they may need to get a new gm or chef or something. If this restaurant doesn't change something soon I doubt it will be around much longer. I was amazed it was empty on a Fri night but now i know why. Too bad---- its been on my list for awhile. I am crossing it off and going elsewhere
- Brunch was superbNicknameDined on 7/6/2014This place is honestly a new favorite of mine. The hosts were very helpful in accommodating my request to add one extra diner. While the table wasn't ready at the time of my reservation (it was only 15 minutes we waited and it was no big deal) the host staff offered on their own behalf a round of mimosas on them to make up for us having to wait. It was extremely thoughtful and we appreciated it immensely as most times it's the people who complain that are comped items. The food was consistent, delicious and arrived in a timely manner. The service is spot on. The staff seem completely genuine. My one critique would be there seems to be quite a few flys in the front of the restaurant to which people were constantly swatting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!jtyson1479Dined on 7/1/2014We stopped in on a whim. Tuesday evening, quiet in the dining room. Fabulous server, terrific wine selection and a killer menu. Pear & Champagne soup w/ pigs head - SUBLIME. Also - best creme brulee in town - no kidding.Special Features:
- Service was flawlessSsmmrrDined on 6/29/2014The server made the evening! His descriptions of the food and wine added just the right amount of information. And he was quite accurate. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is awesome!DivyDined on 6/29/2014We love Sunday brunch at Olivia's! The food is excellent and the service friendly and prompt. Great for Easter Brunch and super kid friendly. Love the herbs growing outside....everything is very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locavore HeavenCMChefGreenDined on 6/28/2014My favorite restaurant in Austin. The food is really creative, beautiful and absolutely delicious! Waitstaff is knowledgeable and service is great. I've been 4 times and always love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems to be a Girl placeLoveItDined on 6/28/2014We took our son to Olivia's for his 23rd birthday (his choice) and I noticed all the girls in the restaurant, which explained the noise level at Brunch. Service was good. Food was good. Good experience, would be interested in the dinner menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014The party of four was thrilled and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. I especially liked the "train-like booths" .... nicely private. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!!singlefunDined on 6/22/2014The experience from start to finish was awesome. I was dining alone and well taken care of which doesn't always happen. The food was great and the service top notch. Great farm to table food. This is a place everyone must visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastronomic Event78704denizenDined on 6/21/2014Definitely for the serious foodie! Not the place for comfort food. Presentation, Flavor, and Adventure Pairing is what it is all about. Truly on the cutting edge of gastronomy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous Room, Disappointing FoodLetMeSubmitTheFormAlreadyDined on 6/21/2014Sadly we won't be back although the room was gorgeous and they had a cute little garden on display. Booked online for a special occasion and asked that something special be done for my wife's birthday. The message must not have gotten thru to the server. The lamb shank was dry, scallops too salty and when we asked for a beer similar to Blanche de Brussels a blueberry lager was offered. Flies buzzing in the window next to us and the chairs had seen better days. The walk across the street to Lick ice cream was just what we needed afterwards. Olivia has a lot going for it but she needs a little attention to details before we would go back. Adding "Notable wine list" to submit form.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014We went to Olivia's for Father's Day Brunch and it was amazing! The food and the service were excellent! Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Fresh and tastyBeccaDined on 6/15/2014Hard to choose because the whole menu is great. Took my dad there for Father's Day and he loved it. Waitress was nice and the food was delicious. No complaints, I will be back.Special Features:
- Highs and LowsDougDined on 6/14/2014Visited Olivia for the first time Saturday night. The staff was very attentive and very accommodating. A gamet wine was not my liking, and was replaced at no cost by a very nice pinot noir. With respect to the food: My wife had the house salad and wagyu beef with frites. The frite were outstanding, however the beef was fatty, even for wagyu beef. Parts were inedible. I had the cheese plate and the duck. The cheese plate was fun and unique. The duck was expertly cooked, but was accompanied by small bits of cauliflower and maybe 3 brussel spouts. A more balanced presentation would have been nice. The desserts were a bit strange for our tastes. Overall, it was nice to try a modern french menu, but not at the price (about $200, including tip).Special Features:
- Great for Grandparents & ChildrenCathyDined on 6/8/2014On two occasions, I have had a wonderful foodie meal and a great time at Olivia's -- and with 18 month old twins eating with me. The staff is so attentive to children that they made the adult experience equally satisfying. It helps that the "carrot" for the meal is a visit with the chickens in the back of the restaurant. The chef is excellent but I can't say enough about the friendly and accommodating wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just plain coolthedadDined on 6/7/2014Perfect for a special occasion brunch. Much more diverse menu than I expected - lots of options and selections for all tastes. Exceptional service by very attentive and professional waitstaff. A+ for atmosphere and vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Great food and service! The rib eye, pork shank and rabbit were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a treat!ABFoodieDined on 6/1/2014This place never disappoints! Amazing food as always. Very knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.