2043 S Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olivia-austin.com/
- Phone: (512) 804-2700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International
- Executive Chef: James Holmes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Olivia
Rich in European and Southern influences, the menu changes daily to reflect the season and goods of local farmers & ranchers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Olivia - Best Restaurants in South Austin ›
Olivia reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)great for brunch (62)special occasion (59)neighborhood gem (53)romantic (45)great for outdoor dining (33)notable wine list (31)good for groups (29)hot spot (28)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Wanted to like it so much...adaseDined on 11/21/2014No one mentioned that the happy hour was only for the bar/outdoor area until after we received our bill and questioned it. We could've asked, of course, but nothing on the web page indicated that there were any limitations on location. The place was pretty empty, and after about 5 minutes of waiting for a server to notice us, I popped over to the kitchen area to ask who would be waiting on us. They waitress apologized and then she and her shadow in training were attentive. The shadow waitress was actually very good, but the rocky start was off-putting. The food and wine were nice, but not exceptional. With a larger bill than anticipated, it was a disappointing experience.
- Great brunch atmosphere and service.LeslieDined on 11/16/2014Definitely try the brunch. Service and food were great. I think the food is a bit for foodies and not your basic brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always enjoy my experiences at Olivia!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014Amazing Brunch! I love the fresh and new menu ideas. The Shrimp and Grits as always a winner! And I alwasy get the sticky buns... Although i think they changed the recipe or something... they were kind of dry this time... I'll give them another shot though!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It has fallen off from what it used to beMikeRVIPDined on 11/13/2014What a disappointment, this used to be a great restaurant but I guess the competition in Austin has been too much for Olivia's. It was not a very good experience and it was even more disappointing because I brought a potential candidate to interview there, kind of embarrassing.
- Amazing Austin Gem!EugeniusDined on 11/8/2014First experience in Austin and this place was outstanding! The 6 course meal was perfectly selected and arranged. Definitely highly regarded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Managementfoodie4everDined on 11/8/2014I've been blessed to eat at many fine dining establishments and have tried short ribs prepared in many ways. The short ribs at Olivia's was difficult to cut with a steak knife and even more difficult to chew enough to swallow. After this was pointed out to the waitress and the steak that I had picked off my plate was taken away. I was very surprised that the manager came to the table to apologize, but in a way that he made me feel that it was just an issue of preference and I was still charged for the entree. You would expect more from a restaurant where you spent more than $100 per person.Special Features:
- Great dinner!tecoloteDined on 11/7/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Everything was lovely. Food and service were really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, just slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Everything was great really- food just took a really long time and people who sat down well after us got their food well before us. I wouldn't expect this every time though, service was great other than the wait.Special Features:
- Not on their gameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014I've been to this restaurant on two other occasions and had a good experience. This time, there were a couple of large parties that dominated the servers and the kitchen. We had to wait about ninety minutes for our food, which was not well presented and just ok. An apology from the manager and free dessert (which we wouldn't have otherwise ordered) didn't quite make up for this. Restaurants want lots of business - if you can't handle large parties and everyone else well, don't take them. Or give them limited choices. Or have them arrive extra early or extra late.
- been there before. Will go again!FrequentFeasterDined on 10/31/2014a great time. Every time. The menu is always surprising. The food is innovative and plating just plain complements it to no end. Oh yea - the service? Brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around.SKNIVIPDined on 10/29/2014Olivia’s is a charming place. I sat on the patio overlooking the chef’s kitchen garden and had great service, memorable food, and a relaxing evening. The squash soup was excellent (and hot); the frisee salad with duck egg and duck fried bits was tasty; and the tempura battered sweet breads were the best I’ve ever had. The dessert of Texas persimmon membrillo, with minute beautiful sheer cookies the size of a nickel and a few dabs of savory whipped goat cheese, was unusual and tasty. I am visiting Austin, coming from a city that has world-class restaurants. But this was one of the best dining experiences I've had in a long time. I rarely write reviews, but this place is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, Beautiful PatioSeadanesDined on 10/28/2014The food was so good here. Everything was fresh and beautifully prepared. And the service was amazing. I, unfortunately, have food allergies that make it difficult to eat out, but the server made it really easy here, by explaining what would work and by making suggestions, even offering a couple of substitutions so I could get the entree I most wanted. We definitely will return, and I highly recommend Olivia to others looking for great food, service and setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent brunchorlandoVIPDined on 10/26/2014Waitress was excellent.... same with food. Host was attentive and there was no wait. Comfortable and well lit. Love their eggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Olivia still deliversLkdfoodieDined on 10/25/2014fabulous food, charm, ambience. Olivia continues to deliver the best food in atx. We hadn't been in a while with so many new choices to try in ATX. Olivia will remain a go to , and be added to our favorites list. Thank you to Gabriella and staff. Great chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration in Style!keepyourforkDined on 10/20/2014Group Dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday - Olivia's was his special request for birthday dinner! Most of the table ordered the scallop risotto - everyone raved how delicious it was. One vegetarian at the table - not very many choices from the main dish menu but was offered options - ended up with the carrot soup and beet salad - yummo! Desserts all around - there were no morsels of goodness left in a dish! Thanks for an enjoyable birthday dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Olivia is always a favorite!Murt4VIPDined on 10/19/2014We LOVE Olivia, all times of day, but brunch with the family is so easy there. Even my 5 yr old nephew enjoys it, and the restaurant is so bright and the service is fantastic!Special Features:
- charge for extrasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2014We asked for a biscuit to be substituted for the toast at brunch, which the server said she couldn't do. She didn't offer that you could order one as a side, but we asked and she said we could. There was a $2 charge - fine. But, then, we asked for some jam for the biscuit, which they brought. We noticed on our bill that they charged an additional $2 for the jam. it just felt wrong.Special Features:
- Delightful diningRone150Dined on 10/17/2014My sister was in Austin for her birthday weekend and I wanted to take her somewhere unique. And also somewhere I knew would take any customer request into consideration. This is local and fit all of those things. Lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulashrocDined on 10/16/2014the food was amazing, the atmosphere was fantastic, and the wait stuff was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingCrisDined on 10/12/2014We have a yearly tradition of going to Olivia for brunch. We love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay not greatfoodguruDined on 10/11/2014Disappointing. Four of us, each with a different selection. No one duly impressed. Beet salad a little heavy on the vinegar. Braised lamb massively overcooked--charred is a more apt description. Snapper just "okay." Overall, not very imaginative seasoning, average presentation, and seriously overpriced. No wine or dessert or soft drinks and only two apps for $175 for meh. Service was friendly but distracted (no spoons for soup, water glasses empty, etc.). Pleasant decor, ample parking, fun to tour veggie/herb garden and chicken coop before the meal.
- Had a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014I came to Olivia with my boyfriend and his friend for brunch and it was fantastic! We ordered two bottles of mimosa's, yes two. Service and ambiance were great also. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hard2pleasehard2pleaseDined on 10/5/2014The food was appealing in presentation and taste! Service was outstanding. Though crowded you never felt that they forgot you were there. The menu continues to intrigue!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2014I have clients from Vermont who have fallen for Olivia. They want to go everytime they come to town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchIMSherlockDined on 9/20/2014I arranged a reservation for myself and a couple who just moved from San Francisco to have brunch at Olivia after reading many reviews. The restaurant did not disappoint. t we stuck with orange juice and coffee, both of which were freshly made. I had the Olivia Benedict which absolutely hit the spot for brunch. The other couple both loved their dishes which included them splitting the French Toast, of which I had one delicious bite. The staff is polite and the waiter did not rush us out of the restaurant. The restaurant itself is small and quaint with a very bright and clean appeal. There are a few booths in the back of the restaurant but most of the dining area was setup with tables (round or rectangle). Will return soon!Special Features:
- Everything BUT the steak...cgmommyDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant was fantastic except for the steak. My husband's steak was all gristle, and my steak was half fat. Our waitress was fantastic, and the drinks were delicious! Wish the steak could have been better because I really enjoyed the restaurant ambiance. I will say this... the kale and mushrooms were phenomenal. I don't even like kale, but I ate every bite. And, the frite appetizer was to die for.
- quiet dinnerjandbDined on 9/14/2014We came here early on a Monday night. The service, food, drinks.......everything was excellent. We assume that the restaurant got busier as the evening wore on because we were the only guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Spot in AustinBrieLoveDined on 9/14/2014Whether I'm entertaining out-of-towners, or celebrating my Austinite friends, this is my favorite spot for brunch. Fresh ingredients from their garden, classic brunch items with a gourmet twist, and the Mimosa sampler is great to share with a group. They have some mainstay items on the menu (thank goodness, I love the Macdaddy!), but they also change it up a bit with some new additions. The staff are friendly, approachable, and helpful in picking the right item for you. Can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish, as alwaysatxchloeDined on 9/7/2014This is our go-to brunch spot for special occasions. Between the four of us, we ordered 5 dishes: Lox, Fried Chicken, Benedict, Shrimp & Grits, and McLovin'. Everyone was pleased with their orders! Service was a little slower than usual, but nothing to complain about. I would eat here every weekend, but then my pants wouldn't fit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivinetrulyhappyDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding food, atmosphere and service. A true Austin gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant everLonghornEaterVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our 3rd time eating brunch at Olivia (tried 3 different things) and I have been more impressed with each dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!supadcyDined on 9/5/2014We had dinner there on Friday and it was perfect! With a 2 year old at home, we don't get out as much as we used to so this was a special evening. Our plans were semi-last minute so we weren't sure that we'd get a reservation but we did. Hooray!Special Features:
- 98% PerfectLEOAustinDined on 8/31/2014Only two things missing: didn't ask us if we were out for anything special (we were) and seated all around us instead of spacing the guests out for more privacy. Everything else was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad luck??katem13Dined on 8/31/2014Hostesses were great and friendly!!! Very inviting!! Ambiance was modern and fun, but restaurant was too warm which made it uncomfortable. Service was the biggest fail. We were greeted quickly by our waitress, but that is where the pleasantries ended. She was cold and uninterested the rest of the time we were there. We had to ask for our water to be refilled and got a look as if we were inconveniencing her. She never came to ask how the food was or check on us. I got the spinach omelet and couldn't eat it. Too slimy, like it was a little undercooked. French toast was amazing! Biscuits and gravy were just okay. Bacon was disappointing b/c it was limp and not crispy. Waitress didn't even question the omelet that went uneaten. Disappointing!!Special Features:
- Great BrunchWestieDined on 8/31/2014We brought 2 octogenarians, a couple of baby boomers, and several GenX’s for a celebratory family brunch and were very happy with the food, the ambience and the service. Although we have dined here frequently for dinner, this was our first brunch. We loved the ability to order the bottle of Cava with juices and the diversity of the menu. Everyone was able to get his or her favorites. Pacing was excellent and the food was well prepared and visually beautiful. Reservations are a must as Sunday brunch is an Austin tradition. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinneryumyumDined on 8/26/2014We had a party of 7 and wanted to have a special dinner. We ordered every appetizer and then ordered 5 entrees. It was fabulous. The appetizer dishes not only tasted great but presented in a beautiful way. Found the cheese flavors fabulous, had to take a photo the dish was so pretty but for $16, I bet there was 1 oz of cheese. Pork Ribs were the opposite and a great value. The quail entree was my favorite. Easy to eat and beautiful presentation and tasty. The braised lamb was on the heavy side for summer and lots of dark colors - not so visual. All in all, I had a great birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonDDonDVIPDined on 8/24/2014We have eaten at Olivia's several times and have always enjoyed the creativity of kitchen and the excellence of the cuisine. The service also has always been first-rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doraysVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great experience again food was amazing The restaurant was smoky due to air vent problem we were assured it was being taken care of The charcuterie plate is the best in Austin Our server was very knowledgable and pleasant.....................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty FoodfoodbeeDined on 8/23/2014Food is too salty. That applies to every dish we ordered. The atmosphere in the restaurant is great and it has a good menu selection.
- Officially Obsessed.LanhieLoveDined on 8/16/2014I went here with my partner to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. I am extremely adventurous with food as she is not. The food satisfied us in so many ways. Presentation was gorgeous, and delicious is an understatement. I had the pork cheek carbonara that I can't stop dreaming about. The restaurant is modern, yet cozy and comfortable. It isn't too noisy either. The wine list is extensive yet had accurate descriptions (as I'm pretty clueless about wine). I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. Foodie or not, if you love to eat and can appreciate local ingredients this is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.