111 North Post Oak Lane
Houston, TX 77024Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.houstonian.com/Olivette.aspx
- Phone: 7136856713
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Thursday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neal Cox
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hearth Room is available for private dinners or lunches.
A word from Olivette
Olivette offers the best of Modern American Cuisine. Olivette’s warm hues and inviting decor inspire relaxation and romance alike, and a lively display kitchen gives diners a window into a vibrant and creative world where style plus substance equals a meal to remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Olivette - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Olivette reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)romantic (18)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (13)scenic view (13)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent food and servicecrazy4goodwineandfoodDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our 15th anniversary with a special dinner at Olivette. The service was outstanding. They gave us complimentary glasses of champagne to help us celebrate, which was a nice suprise. They also wrote "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate on our dessert plate. Everything that we ordered was delicious! We ordered from the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu. This is a fabulous place to celebrate a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food mediocrefmglDined on 8/16/2014I was a bit disappointed in the food this time. Perhaps it was the steamed snapper that I ordered, but there was nothing special about it at all. Beautiful restaurant but food was lackluster this trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Did not Live Up to ServicemarknbellaireDined on 8/9/2014Started with a wonderful bread basket and we had great service throughout the meal. The dishes were hit and miss. My wife loved her lamb, but my snapper with black rice and coconut was mushy and tasteless. Emptiness of restaurant on Saturday night dampened atmosphere and made it feel like we were eating in a hotel restaurant, not a hot Houston restaurant.Special Features:
- unexcitingpoopyDined on 8/9/2014It's a typical hotel restaurant, doing just enough to satisfy the bus traveler. Wait staff was good, food was undistinguished.
- Great experienceNoneDined on 8/1/2014We had the shrimp escabeche for appetizer, and poached fish for main course. It was delicious. The desserts were very good, too, specially the chocolate mousse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance and ViewwyomingnanDined on 7/4/2014The food was good too but I don't eat red meat or pork and not much fish (I'm sure I'm one of those the chefs love to hate). Even so, I felt the menu was somewhat limited for me. I do eat chicken but had to request it without the "bacon lardon" and I picked out the chicken livers to give to my husband. Next time I will try the vegetarian dish (portobello mushroom with gnocchi). My husband enjoyed his steak. Service: impeccable. Scenery: Gorgeous. Ambiance: Quiet, relaxing, romantic. Dessert was a yummy Pavlova-type dessert - also complementary and they even wrote "Happy Anniversary" on the plate. We enjoyed the experience and would return. We felt the prices were very reasonable for a fine dining atmosphere. Next visit: BrunchSpecial Features:
- DadBDined on 6/25/2014everything was perfect...NO...this is long enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Olivette in the HoustonianSyrupReviewsDined on 6/13/2014Intimate fine dining, the food was cooked to the right temperature, the service was unobstrusive, the sommelier couldn't have been more helpful,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findJeffDined on 6/6/2014We rarely eat at hotel restaurants in Houston, but we found this to be a great find. Both food and service was excellent! We will come back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast or lunch spot!TradilbbDined on 5/29/2014Quiet atmosphere and excellent food and service make The Olivette a favorite for me! Love looking at the greenery while dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!SHPCVIPDined on 5/25/2014Olivette was a wonderful experience -- service was impeccable and food was perfectly prepared. This is not your typical hotel restaurant - far from it. It is an elegant, relaxed dining experience. We will return again and again!Special Features:
- Love itluvniceplacesVIPDined on 5/16/2014Food, service, and atmosphere outstanding. Will gladly return and recommend.
- Wonderful! Wonderful!GoodieDined on 5/15/2014I love this hidden gem for quiet lunches, dinners, special occasions, etc.Special Features:
- The Perfect ExperiencePenquinVIPDined on 5/10/2014When you have attentive, without being obnoxious service, peaceful beautiful ambience, with outstanding food and wine you have a perfect evening. Was proud to entertain long time friends in this environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 130 reviews are from the Olivette reviews archive.
- 2nd time as great as 1stDonnVIPDined on 4/9/2014I had my second dinner at Olivette the very night after my first. This time, just for 3 people, different from my dinner guests the night before. Wow! Again, it all was excellent. Very gourmet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops in townDadBDined on 4/9/2014Olivette is close to my favorite spot in town. Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely ImpressiveDonnVIPDined on 4/8/2014I had a party of 9 for a business dinner, and we all were extremely impressed with everything about this restaurant. We all were there for a philanthropy-related conference at the hotel. There clearly is no need for one to go searching for a great restaurant in town when one has Olivette. As far as I'm concerned, this is a destination restaurant. Everything was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business travelerOccasionaldinerVIPDined on 4/2/2014Olivette is always accommodating. Everything was prepared as I ordered it. The arugula salad with dried cherries and walnuts could not have been fresher. I had the grilled chicken breast, which while good, could have used a bit more time on the grill. The service is efficient, friendly and accommodating. This is a great place to dine and have conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business FriendlyAlADelDined on 3/31/2014Olivette, in the Houstonian Hotel, offers a slightly out of the way and out of the furor experienced in many Galleria area restaurants. Conversation without elevating one's voice is easy as the acoustics and table spacing are ideal for privacy. There is no compromise in the quality of food or service and the valet parking is complimentary. We've enjoyed it for years and twice just this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good second time aroundpnbdinersVIPDined on 3/24/2014This was our second time dining at Olivette this month, so we decided to try new dishes and were very pleased! The roasted chicken is delicious and full of fun flavor combinations (pear, bacon, egg, frisee - it's a treat). I would say skip appetizers and save room for dessert. The pavlova and creme brulee are both amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly perfect romantic dinnereatngoodDined on 3/21/2014Stayed an evening at the Houstonian to celebrate my birthday. The ambience was great at the Olivette. It has an old world Texan - Tuscan feel of luxury. The service was impeccable! I did not care for the torn green salad, but my wife's southwest Caesar was stellar. We shared a Beef Wellington which was the best I have ever had. The server recommended the Tres leches dessert and he did not lie it is perfection. I would definitely return for another special event... but it is a bit costly and not for the everyday...Special Features:
- Lovely lunchdoreenjameswiseDined on 3/21/2014Healthy delicious food,perfectly served. Breads fresh and delicious. Tomato basil soup with no cream very good. Crab cake delicious. Great place to conduct business or a conversation. Beautiful campus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and Envirnomenteric17Dined on 3/17/2014This was a good place for doing business. It's quiet and the food is good. The wine list is also good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ReviewIMCIABDined on 3/11/2014We celebrated a 70th birthday and the staff made it very special for our mom.Special Features:
- My faveDadBDined on 3/6/2014Olivette has long been a favorite spot for me. Been there a dozen times or more, never disappointed, always delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightpnbdinersVIPDined on 3/1/2014We picked this restaurant because of proximity to an event we were going to and were pleased with the choice. The food was wonderful, particularly the filet and the pork shank. We finished off our meal off with creme brulee, which was a little burnt on top, but delicious underneath and came with a fun assortment of petite cookies on the side. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service in a hotel restaurantYoungfoodieDined on 2/28/2014I can't say enough about the service in this place. The waitstaff is well-trained, attentive and courteous in serving the simple (simple, not easy) executions of the chef. In a hotel restaurant at a place like the Houstonian (upscale old money vibe) I expect decent food and perfect service. I strolled into the restaurant an hour after close and asked the only person back there, who I think was the executive chef, to make my friend who just got married a cheeseburger and fries. He did it, no problem, in no time. He also boxed for me and wouldn't charge me for it. THAT is dedication to service above the call of duty, and I will not forget my experience at this place anytime soon.Special Features:
- Thanks.. a great diningexperiencechedDined on 2/23/2014Very nice atmosphere, so quiet and every body could hear what everyone is saying not like the loud restaurants where you can only talk to the one nearest you. Serivece was great. We had a birthday celebration and our celebrator had a great night. Her wish of a birthday cake was beautifully prepared for her. We were pleasantly surprised with the big pieces/slices of 2 different birthday desserts of tres leches and chocolate cake. They were complimentary. Thanks Olivette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner at OlivetteRonnieVIPDined on 2/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Olivette to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Food was delicious and service was very attentive. When our desert came out they had written "Happy Anniversary" on the plate and we were given 2 complimentary glasses of Moet and Chandon champagne which was extremely generous. The prices are very reasonable and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and quietRebeccaDined on 2/18/2014Nice menu - varied and very good. Fantastic service and best of all, Olivette is quiet so we could actually talk and enjoy our meal. We were celebrating a birthday and were treated to a beautiful "Happy Birthday" dessert plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing date nightTriniDined on 2/15/2014I decided to take the challenge of trying to make a reservation for Valentines based on recommendations from friends. The atmosphere was not what I expected. If you like a lodge feel then this place is ideal for you. If you want to experience a romantic night with incredible food then you may want to go to one of the many restaurants Houston has to offer. I don't mind paying $250 for great food, service and atmosphere but I felt like I just through my money in a shredder. The service was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is outstanding and staff makesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014you feel like the only thing on their mind is to make sure you have a great experience. We always go on our special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I found this gem and reallyRedheadDined on 2/13/2014I found this gem and really loved the food. I hope to visit again when I get a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014Top notch service and quality that you would expect at this top notch hotel. Worth the trip even if it is in a hotel, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall lovely dining experienceAlemaireDined on 1/31/2014We had dinner at Olivette on a Friday evening, but the restaurant was pleasantly quiet and not crowded. The food was delicious, portions were perfect, and the presentation was good. Service was also great. We will definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Might be good for dinnersurfmelDined on 1/26/2014I went for brunch, the appetizer was so good, comfortable chairs, so pretty garden, but the egg Benedict with mayonnaise was frustrating. The plates are for 2. Too much heavy food, but for a hotel restaurant wasn't so bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch out for the $12 mimosa! 12/28AndreaaVIPDined on 12/28/2013There were five of us ladies dining for Saturday brunch. The food was lovely (even though my omelet came out wrong), and the service was great until the check was dropped. We realized the waiter added a 20% post tax gratuity, and they also charged us $12 each for VERY small and very oj-heavy mimosas. Our fault for not asking. Will go again, just think adding grat for a table of 5, 20% at that, and $12 each mimosas (not bottomless) was a little shocking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY WONDERFULxmasevedinerDined on 12/25/2013An absolute gem. We had the most perfect CHristmas day brunch here. Beautifully decorated, perfect service, WONDERFUL food, incredible atmosphere. We will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfect! ComeDadBDined on 12/23/2013Everything was perfect! Come here often, and it is always...perfect...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday DinnerhoustonprairiegirlDined on 12/20/2013This is the second year my family has gone to Olivette to celebrate the Holidays together! The atmosphere is so special! We love the beautiful lit trees on the property, all the Christmas decorations, and best of all, the Gingerbread Houses and Train! The night we went there was a children's choir! Just lovely! The food was great too! We'll be back next year for a special night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.