2095 Delaware Ave
Buffalo, NY 14216Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverscuisine.com/
- Phone: 7168779662x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm. Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Oliver's is the exclusive catering operator at some of Buffalo’s most unique and exciting reception venues- the Buffalo & Erie County History Museum, the Burchfield Penney Art Center and Kleinhan's Music Hall. With a rich local history, Oliver's is widely regarded for delivering the highest quality in food and service in the Buffalo Niagara region. Our goal is to produce memorable events taking into consideration client’s individual needs and budget.
Personal attention to detail will ensure that your reception is a true success.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can seat up to 50 for a private reception. All-inclusive packages are available for business meetings and presentations. The Chef"s room seats a maximum of 10 guests with a view of the kitchen.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Vorphl 7168779662x
- Entertainment: Jazz trio performs on Saturday evenings September through June. Pianist all Saturday nights.
A word from Oliver's Restaurant
Oliver's Restaurant is one of the premier dining locations in Buffalo. Come on in and try our exquisite food, sample from our extensive wine list, and experience our impeccable service. Remember we cater anywhere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Oliver's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Oliver's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (27)notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (15)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Wonderful Buffalo restauranthelenVIPDined on 10/9/2014Olivers never disappoints. The ambiance, the food, the service are all stellar. One feels at home there, and always welcomed. The staff has been there for some time, and so knows and anticipates the clientele. The food is creative , and the preparations are well-executed, nice to look at and tasty. However there are still enough classics on the menu that you can just enjoy comfort as well.Special Features:
- A Buffalo Favorite!MrMrsValentineDined on 10/4/2014This was our 4th time dining at Olivers and it never fails to be an enjoyable evening with excellent food and amazing service. This time really stood out because they read my special request for a more secluded table, as we were celebrating our 6th anniversary. I wasn't sure if they would have even read my request. Not only dis they give us a great table, but our waitor surprised us by wishing us a happy anniversary with 2 glasses of complemtary champagne! That really added to out special night and as always, the food was delicious! We will definitely continue to dine at Oliver's and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the hypeFoodLoverDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I made a reservation for our one year wedding anniversary. We had heard wonderful things about Oliver's and their quality of food. We have also been avid customers to the other two restaurants the Oliver's owners own locally. We ended up waiting an hour and fifteen minutes for our meal; when it was delivered my husbands filet still had rope tied around the center of it. I watched as he attempted to cut through the steak with no success and had to inform our server. As we waited for the mistake to be corrected, my meal got cold. For the price of the food and the beautiful ambiance, I wa expecting much more quality and attention to detail. We would most likely not return due to this experience.Special Features:
- WonderfulLovegreatdiningDined on 9/27/2014Everthing was perfectly cooked and tasted delicious. The service was wonderful. Waiters provided friendly and efficient service. We greatly enjoyed our evening and eagerly awaiting our next experience at Oliver's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffalo FavoritemmcmapVIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I dined at Oliver's this past weekend. We had not been for a couple years and were impressed with the quality of the good, servers and overall experience. We will be returning and recommend highly Oliver's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife's birthdayJohnDDined on 9/20/2014I booked a reservation here because when my wife and I lived in Buffalo many years ago we used to go to this restaurant several times a month. She requested to go here for her birthday. While we had not been there for several years they did not disappoint. The food was excellent and the service superb. I had requested a cake be made and presented after dinner and the pastry chef did a wonderful job. All in all a four star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome wine pairing dinnerjulesterVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had an amazing dining experience; bought the chefs table dining package at Burchfield Gala. Courses were expertly paired with wine selections by Oliver's very knowledgable sommelier. Started our meal with freshly shucked oysters and a variety of salads that we shared. Tuna crudo was outstanding! My filet rivaled any fine steak house -very tender and flavorful. My husbands red snapper (special that evening) had a very mild flavor and the citrus fennel sauce & sticky rice were perfect compliments to the fish. Cherries & berries dessert had just the right sweet & tartness to end our meal on the right note. Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodzfow14Dined on 9/17/2014I've been here a number of times now and it is my preferred place in town to entertain suppliers. Never had a bad meal here and the wine list is excellent with very reasonable pricing for the quality of wine. Louie behind the bar is always entertaining too. Was very surprised to see how loud it was on a Wednesday night this time but that seems to be a rare occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightIcook2Dined on 9/13/2014Bar service was excellent - Louis is always on his a game - table was nice - service top notch - and Lennon ( exec chef) had a great bunch of specials - especially liked the veal and everyone's seafood was cooked perfectly. Excellent coffee. Overall was a great experience - been there many times and always extremely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Our server Fred was outstanding, food not so much. Felt bad for the guy because numerous customers sent plates back while we were there. We would have too but felt bad for the guy so we took our undercooked food home and recooked it ourselves. The place has so much potential but not worth the $205 our dinner for 2 cost.
- DisappointedSusanDined on 8/24/2014Have been to Oliver's many times over the years. First time I've felt let down. Server was pleasant but it took over an hour to get appetizers. Dinner was so so. Dessert was plain awful - bruised peaches on a hockey puck. Noise level was so out of character for this establishment. Will not be returning. Goodbye old friend.
- wonderfulkathyDined on 8/10/2014Always a great time and the food and service are the best around. See you again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diningdevils4everDined on 8/9/2014Superb restaurant & one of our favorites for years. This is truly a memorable dining experience and we would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the best in dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in BuffaloDKFLVIPDined on 8/7/2014And now open for lunch time dining! There is not much that would qualify as higher-end or fine dining in Buffalo. Oliver's apparently has been around for some time and now is serving lunch which was a great time to explore this establishment. Just lovely. Very convenient for a nice lunch coming from the Albright-Knox Museum area, too!Special Features:
- Dinner for twosatisfireDined on 8/5/2014The food was amazing. The service was on point, and the restaurant was somewhat empty which made the atmosphere more directed toward us. I would definitely show up again with a significant other.Special Features:
- Jrl101027Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent food and drinks. Also enjoyed the piano bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dancerDined on 7/31/2014The food is still quite good and the wine selection is superb. The restaurant was very loud and so it was not our usual pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out with the GirlsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/30/2014We sat it the front near the windows as requested and it was rather lively at the bar that night! We enjoyed three different salads to start, one friend had the ravioli, the other bucatini and I couldn't resist the oysters! all excellent! plus we love the flatbread, seems light, but really no room for dessert although they all sounded great. Can't wait to return next week for a dinner out with another couple! Would have to say that Oliver's is my favorite restaurant in Buffalo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm foodSeasonedDined on 7/26/2014Every dish was warm except for one entree. Our waiter was not as attentive as he should have been, that is my guess as to why the dishes seemed to be waiting to be served and got cold. We had: Duck, Salmon, chicken and a Rib Eye. The rib eye was hot. All had very good flavor. But were warm. Appetizers too. Grilled octopus the best choice. They have any amazing sommelier who saved the evening. There was a mixup in our wine, I asked to see him, he was gracious and apologetic. He selected the next bottle, and brought over a great port to have with our dessert on the house. I like this restaurant a lot, and have gone there for years. I highly recommend that the waiters take advantage of their sommelier. It enhances the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and very good foodEatoutDined on 7/26/2014Staff service and care of your dining experience is some of the best I have had. Their specialty stuffed bread is excellent. All appetizers and main course food selected at our table were well flavoured and very filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food!!!NaplesdinerVIPDined on 7/22/2014Excellent food and service. 5 stars! Everything we had tremendous. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Buffalo GemLove2gooutDined on 7/12/2014Excellent food and service! The sea scallops were my favorite for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening at Oliver'shappydinersDined on 7/12/2014Oliver's food is outstanding, service is exceptionally good, atmosphere is sophisticated. Had a wonderful time and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningSteyerDined on 6/28/2014Very good place to have a very fancy dinner with your spouse, or a good dinner with your family (for the same $$$).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!!PerfectionDined on 6/26/2014From the warm but not intrusive service to the exquisite food, this place was fantastic. Cannot recommend it highly enough. While it is on the pricey side it is worth every penny. And there are several inexpensive items if you want to enjoy the ambiance and service without 'special occasion' prices. Ask for Jake to wait on you. He is great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cindyfirsttimerDined on 6/26/2014The food was outstanding. Drinks were delicious and service was great. The only thing was that I was on a date with my husband and a large group was placed right next to us and they were very loud. There was other options for them. Just would have liked to keep romantic and that kind of changed the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 95 reviews are from the Oliver's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Marvelous mealbubbsterVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food was succulent, the service was very good, the atmosphere was comfortable. Fine dining at its finest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/15/2014consistantly providing excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still has it!DennyflavorsDined on 6/6/2014A new owner has not dampened the spirits in this landmark of North Buffalo, perhaps the finest supper club in New York State. Great ambiance, piano music of all genres, a bar scene with lively professionals tending the patrons, mostly all well groomed, fine personal service , valets and a wine list that rivals the great cellars of NYC or Chicago. But still : ITS ALL ABOUT THE FOOD wow, I had a soft shell crab appetizer followed by magret Duck breast, sticky rice and Rosie had Buratta with crispy eggplant appy and lobster and shrimp entree , which was superb. A couple of fantastic desserts, a pot of French press coffee. I can't ever forget these great evenings that we spend here! Not overly pricy either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/4/2014as always - the oysters were so tasty, we ordered a second plate. I also order the garbage salad and split the lobster/shrimp risotto with my friend. Could not even look at the dessert menu but now that I recall, I did have a caramel sundae then went on a diet for a few days!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014Everything was fabulous! The only criticism was that we were seated next to a larger table of people who were talking loudly.Special Features:
- Outstanding value-exemplary serviceLyublanaDined on 6/1/2014Oliver's continues it winning half-price on wine, Sunday dinners. Even if you don't drink a lot of wine this still saves one a bundle. The wait staff continues to be very competent and professional. The kitchen very accommodating to vegetarians and other special needs. Just a very comfortable, friendly, and delicious place to be. Never disappointed in all the many years I've stopped for dinner in Buffalo.Special Features:
- DeliciousOscarDined on 5/28/2014I scheduled a business dinner at Olivers (not the first time). The bartender was very attentive and friendly. The dining room was very comfortable and the noise level was low enough that you could have a pleasant business conversation. The food was great! Our server was very attentive, friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timeless Buffalo ClassicJAMTVIPDined on 5/25/2014Visiting Buffalo from Washington DC, we found Oliver's equal to many of the best in other major cities. Our experience was keyed by the expert, quietly professional service. Our waiter knew the menu and wine list thoroughly including the origins of the high quality meats and fish. He recommended a superb, but well priced wine that complemented our differing entree selections. Though the menu was ambitious, everything was skillfully prepared and satisfying. The traditional decor of a neighborhood restaurant from decades past is comfortable, but not fussy. Highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:
- Oldie but GoodielichtblausDined on 5/24/2014We really had a fabulous dinner and an old school (but in a good way) waiter. Everything made from scratch. I had very fresh oysters, a tempura soft-shell crab and a risotto that was full of lobster claw meat, My husband had a frisee salad with apple and other delicious stuff that hit all the flavor notes. He then had a whole branzino. This is not a hip young (maybe hip 50-60 somethings) spot though there were tables of younger couples. Oliver's opened in 1936 and has really never lost its popularity. One caveat - quite expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was the star!Familytraveler123Dined on 5/21/2014We loved the truly delicious food that flowed in perfect timing from the kitchen for our group of .... 18!! Perfectly prepared and every person raved about their dish. Service was charming and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2014Two features stand out at Oliver's. The staff is incredibly friendly and genuinely appreciate your patronage. The menu choices are unique and very tasty. It was very hard to select an entree because they all looked so good. Everything was prepared exactly as requested and was delicious. The service was perfectly timed - helpful but not pushy. It's a bit high priced but we found the meals were well worth the cost. If you really like exceptional food, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- ExceptionalKathDined on 5/18/2014A truly exceptional dining experience. We loved it!Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Pros: Valet parking, wine menu, Spanish loaf, and desserts. Cons: The food was not good at all. If the Salvatore's can get a score of 90 out of 100, then this restaurant can only get 50. This is a good place for brunch, not for dinner.Special Features:
- CeooDined on 5/18/2014Knowledgeable food and wine staff. Fine wine ,and fine food ,well prepared and served. A Buffalo Tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.