Oliver's Prime Steakhouse
8462 W. Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Oliver's Prime Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oliversprime.com/
- Phone: (323) 491-9003
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Greg Elkin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized
- Entertainment: Live DJ on Fridays & Saturdays from 9pm till
- Special Events: Entire Hotel Buyouts
A word from Oliver's Prime Steakhouse
Oliver's Prime is an intimate steakhouse serving juicy steaks and seafood that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Come dine in a classic yet, sleek and sexy dining environment with top notch service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Oliver's Prime Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Oliver's Prime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (38)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (12)hot spot (10)good for groups (9)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2014the food was awesome. I enjoyed everything we ordered. The service is excellent. I would go back and dine here again.Special Features:
- fell a little shortOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/8/2014Overall a good try, but valet is challenging, food is ok. Service was great by wait staff, and menus were awesome, but expected a little more with the food and table set up. Not very cozy.
- good, not great, and very priceyGBC8Dined on 11/7/2014the food is good. the steaks are good. (not awe-inspring.) it's a pleasant room, and the service was attentive and friendly. but wowee, the prices are kee-razy. appetizer-main-dessert plus a couple of glasses of wine, and yr sailing north of $150 per person.
- Not worth it. Spend money elsewhereOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 11/7/2014Lobster caprese and tuna roll starters were good but not memorable. We ordered ribeye steaks. Each 18 ouncer cost $49 without any sides. When the steaks arrived, they were both overdone, so we sent them back. While we waited, the manager gave us each a complimentary glass of pinot, which was a nice gesture. Once the new steaks arrived, they were both underdone. We did not want to wait any longer, so we accepted the underdone entrees. The outside had a nice char and the flavor was good, but the cut of the steak seemed a bit subpar (perhaps select cut) and lacked quality for the price. Lava cake and bread pudding desserts were decent. Food and service were just mediocre and can be had at multiple restaurants for a fraction of the cost.
- Good food. Great service.JakobMormorDined on 11/6/2014My boyfriend and I had a really great dinner at the restaurant. We visit at least one highly recommenden restaurants when we are in LA, more than one site said Olivers, so we had to try it. The decor is nice, might be to much for some, but I liked it and that combined with the fact that it is a small place, made it fell cosy. One of the first things I noticed was the pleasent smell of food in the room, not overpowering, but made you look forward to the meal. Our waiter was really pleasent and attentiv all thru our stay. My boyfriend had a steak, he loved it, I tasted it and it was so juicy and tender. I had organic Marys organic chicken with apple, yummy. Only tried one of the cocktails, but want to try more. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MM1103Dined on 11/3/2014Enjoyed a wonderful birthday dinner here. Delicious!Special Features:
- Poorcrazy4foodDined on 11/1/2014To be this caliber of a restaurant I was expecting more. When the general manager reprimands and employee in front of customers is poor business. Also the general manager was stern with the customer as well noting we were early and we would have to wait in the lounge. Bartender in the lounge was slow as molasses and service was poor. Drinks were also not up to standards. I would have thought this place would be of high standard located in West Hollywood? NOT!!!
- Excellent food and serviceItalianFoodLoverVIPDined on 11/1/2014Highly recommend for a great date night; this place is amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large groupkcfoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant has a round table in a quiet alcove that seats 8 comfortably. It was a gem!Special Features:
- First timeLuvfinediningDined on 10/18/2014Five stars for this fine restaurant. From the service to the food and wine it was excellent in every way. The steak and lobster may have been the best I've had. Our waiter gave us just the right amount of attention without being overbearing. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine6nightsaweekDined on 10/14/2014great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Perfect steakhouseKmed10Dined on 10/10/2014From custom cocktails to bision steaks this place has it all. Elegantly presented, fabulous staff, and the most important was the quality of the food. Overall hidden gem on sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The food was amazing. Service was great,and the dessert was to die for....would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oliver's has it!TengoHambreDined on 9/28/2014Small restaurant connected to The Grafton Hotel. Great decor and service. Food was excellent and the staff was very nice and helpful. Ahi tuna roll appetizer was amazing. I'm going back just for those! Very nice place to go for a good steak and service. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialdine6nightsaweekDined on 9/26/2014Good food and ambiance, friendly staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodJonasVIPDined on 9/19/2014It's a great little restaurant. Great food with small intimate ambience.Special Features:
- dinner w friendsForestaDined on 8/16/2014we had a great evening with friends at Oliver's. The place is not too big and the music is not too loud so its a perfect place if you actually want to talk and not just eat/drink. The food was amazing, all four main course dishes were excellent. My filet mignon was just a bit more well done than I expected but it was flavourful and juicy. We had cocktails and wine, all are good, but keep in mind you have to wait a lot to get the cocktails (we were warned:) ). The servers were great, explained the menu, always there when we needed anything.Special Features:
- Great foodmacusinaDined on 8/10/2014We were there on Sunday which means it wasn't crowded so the noise level was minimal. The food was wonderful. Very elegant atmosphere. Really enjoyed Oliver's and plan to go back.Special Features:
- The homie GregdaHomieGregDined on 8/3/2014Overall, the place was really cool and impressive. I especially had a great vibe from our server, Gregory, he wasnt too serious and made us feel welcome and comfortable. Even made us laugh a few times, which made us more "at home"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeVillaBlaBlaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Had a nice meal, not a wow but good. Our server was great food was out in a timely fashion. The food was not temperature hot, I will give them a second try though.Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Oliver's Prime Steakhouse reviews archive.
- great food and serviceFoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2014Everybody's food was amazing. The lamb chops were the best. The service was also very good. The waiters and staff took great care of us. I am already planning to return. It was a great experience. Also a thank you to Elizabeth at the door. She helped with recommendations that were all perfect. Al in all a great eveningSpecial Features:
- Best service!bdayboyDined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful watermelon salad, our steaks were cooked to perfection! We enjoyed the whole experience, the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Cool Concept, Poor ExecutionDbrookmaVIPDined on 7/18/2014This place could be great, however the service is a bit on the amateur side, and the food is just not there. The menu is a great idea, but the execution is just missing. The food wasn't memorable, and the service was fair. Our sever was a very nice guy, but just not cut out to service a $100.00 per person meal.
- Perfect nightJoojooVIPDined on 7/6/2014In Los Angeles there are a lot of places to chose from for your first anniversary, we took a chance by heading to Oliver's due to it being a new spot boy we're we glad we did the service was implacable the food delicious the decor absolutely modern and stunning. Thank you Oliver's for sharing our special night with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks, Great ServiceTDubVIPDined on 6/30/20144 of us had the prime N.Y. Steak and all were cooked to a perfect Medium Rare, as ordered. Great char on the exterior and tender and juicy on the inside. Our server Danielle was courteous and attentive. Came on a Monday night, and the place was nice and quiet. Perfect for our business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!ShoppinginLADined on 6/25/2014We were here in LA visiting schools and apartments for my son. Decided to have a dinner date with my son at Oliver's because he loves steak and I was amazed at how wonderful everything was from the time we walked in the door until the time we walked out! Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakhouse and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/19/2014I adore the cushioned white crescent moon booths. Romantic atmosphere! Their menus are heavy and lights up. The service was excellent. Hostess greeted us as we walked in, manager and our server asked how our food was and our busser (Moses) was attentive and friendly. They start you off with a toasted bread and butter. Had the tuna rolls (could have been a bit more citrusy). The lamb chops were plump and juicy - so delicious and came with 4 chops. I highly recommend the lamb chops! The bone-in rib eye chop was excellent too. They offer valet parking for $8 with validation. The hostess with ask you before you leave as well. There is also a self paid parking lot across from them - $2/hour up to 2 hours max.Special Features:
- Five Stars is Born!JcdlmwDined on 6/19/2014What a fantastic restaurant. I think it was the best New York Strip I have ever had. We were blown away with the Food, Choice of Wines, Ambiance, and the service. The server seemed to appear always at the right time, was very knowledgeable with the Menu, preparation, Wine List etc. The appetizers, try the Tuna and Crab Rolls. The side dishes..I have never had Pearl Onions prepared that way before. I suggest you try this restaurant now before the waiting list. The design was so sophisticated and comfortable. After dinner we went to the new lounge Bar 20. It was just awesome. Again the design and staff was just incredible. I will be back and highly recommend this great new restaurant..have the 14 ounce, New York, melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific steakhouseWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 6/15/2014Quiet, a bit hidden, worth finding. The meat was as tender as could be. The Buffalo Filet Mignon was perfectly sized. It was nice being able to have a quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why botherLadoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014With so many great steakhouses in LA, why bother going to Oliver's? I thought of one redeeming factor, theirs menus light up when you open them. It is not that it was awful, but it certainly was not great, it has absolutely no atmosphere on a Saturday night, there was nothing notable about the menu, it was far from cheap and even the valet parking was $10 when we were done with our meal.
- PRIME INDEEDOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/8/2014Great new steakhouse. The level of service was outstanding and the food was equally amazing. We dined early so it was very quiet.Special Features:
- WeLove2EatVIPDined on 6/4/2014We enjoyed dinner at Oliver's earlier this week and had a great experience. The food was excellent - from the appetizers to the salads, the steak and the seafood. It was all cooked to perfection and delicious. Our servers were gracious and attentive. The space itself is beautiful - elegant but not overdone. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/3/2014The room is gorgeous; clean and modern with a style of sophistication. There is a nice choice of starters. We loved the tuna rolls and grilled artichokes with Burata. We shared the Porterhouse for two and it could not have been more perfect. Charred on the outside and red in the middle. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit pricey but goodwillewonkDined on 6/1/2014This is really a super well run steak house in a wonderful room. Every dish attempted and mostly succeeded in being interesting and tasty. Muscles, Lobster caprese, tuna tartar, fresh and creative. Lamb, perfectly cooked. Halibut special, perfect. The only problem is, just a bit too expensive to want to rush back unless I sell a screenplay. The wine list is fine but needs a few budget choices. There are so many great wines that retail for under $15, why not have a few available in the $30-40 range? Service was prompt but not rushed or pushy.Special Features:
- The Grafton Has A Great RestaurantjohnfrankVIPDined on 5/16/2014In the tradition of old style steak houses but with an upscale contemporary décor, Oliver's Prime Steakhouse is a great new restaurant on the Sunset Strip. Everything on the menu you would expect from a steakhouse from high end aged beef and seafood to all of the sides and desserts. They have the current popular food trends including pretzel rolls and plenty of bacon (be sure to try the Bacon & Onions side) as well as a selection of rubs and sauces for your steak. The service was excellent and the chef even accommodated my ridiculous request for a special sauce not on the menu - and served it up at a quality far superior to many equivalent restaurants that have it on the menu. Look out Boa - you got new competition at your old space!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014This is our 2nd visit. The first time it was two of us, the 2nd time there was 7 of us. The food was just as good as the first time as was the service. I wish that other restaurants would have their wait staff trained by Oliver's because the service is impeccable. Thank you for another great visit. I look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Run don't walk to Olivers!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/3/2014Fabulous food, great service, wonderful ambiance! What a great addition to Sunset Blvd .... Fun drinks ....The filet melted in my mouth! The Thai seasoned broccolini added just enough sweet and sour taste. And the chocolate lava cake ....MMMmmmmm! Oh, and the back lit menus!!! No more fumbling over the candle to see the menu. Run don't walk to Olivers! You won't be sorry!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/23/2014One of the best steaks in town. Excellent ambiance and service. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Help staff earn a livingSasha40Dined on 4/21/2014The evening we dined, the dining room had only one other occupied table. Very uncomfortable to have a lovely room, attentive staff, overpriced menu for unestablished restaurant and very expensive parking... The staff were great- no other customers for distraction in a private dining room, yet very depressing- need to revise concept to get customers in the door... Food was ok, but nothing to write home about.. No specials for hotel guests... Too many great restaurants try this again!
- A Must for the Steak LoverjovilovaVIPDined on 4/18/2014Beautiful decor!The bartender was fantastic! The food was wonderful! Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.