Oliverio at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
9400 West Olympic Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Oliverio at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.avalonbeverlyhills.com/dining
- Phone: 3104077791x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm Lunch: Monday – Friday 11:00am – 4pm; Dinner: Monday – Saturday 4:00pm – 10:30pm; Sunday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mirko Paderno
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining cabanas each seat up to 10 people. We also have semi-private areas and the restaurant is available for full buy-outs. Please call Kate Baker at the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Kate Baker 3104077791x
- Entertainment: For promotional events see our website www.avalonbeverlyhills.com
- Special Events: Perfect venue for your next intimate gathering, business meeting or special event! Ideal indoor/outdoor space: 6 private cocktail and dining cabanas, a pool deck and a 500 sq ft conference room - exceptional catering services and a knowledgeable Event Coordinator
A word from Oliverio at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
Oliverio serves traditional Italian cuisine in a uniquely modern environment. We are the restaurant of choice for diners seeking a neighborhood retreat that provides the highest quality service and food at a reasonable price. Oliverio @ Avalon Hotel Beverly Hillsfeatures modern Italian cuisine in a relaxed California patio atmosphere created with poolside stone veneer tables and modernist chairs, private cabanas set with Cippolino blue-green marble, custom Italian ceramic columns and geometric wall graphics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Oliverio at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Oliverio at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (11)romantic (9)fit for foodies (8)great for brunch (7)good for groups (6)special occasion (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OliverioAdrianVIPDined on 8/18/2014The menu does not provide a great selection but the food is good without being great. Service is also good and the poolside tables are excellent.Special Features:
- ExcellentJoeandrobinlawsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Unique ambiance. Very noise friendly, server friendly, excellent food. We thoroughly enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- Looking for Don DraperLizzyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Felt line I was back in the 60s. Waiting for Don Draper to appear! Fun atmosphere, outside around the pool. Found was good. Service very good.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesDavidDined on 8/6/2014I have been coming to Oliverio for years. The pool dining area is unique in Los Angeles and it offers areas for have an intimate lunch/dinner or a party in one of their cabanas. The food is always great and the service warm and impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please try Oliverio at the AvalonHollyLAVIPDined on 8/2/2014Opentable diners, you really need to try this restaurant. It has wonderful romantic seating in the cabanas around the pool. Reserve early and ask for one of these tables. Last night I reserved too late to get a a cabana but we did get to sit poolside. "Hotel restaurant food???", you say. I say, give it a try, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Our waiter, Firenze, is very knowledgeable about the wines (extensive wine list for this small hotel) AND the menu. Menu is smallish, but the food is delicious. We'll be back here, again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambience, good foodMfvhDined on 7/28/2014All was good. No criticism at all. Good experience with very nice foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret in townIkelovesithereDined on 7/12/2014Reserve a free cabana and enjoy a leisurely meal by the pool. And free valet parking. Great attentive service and terrific food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/10/2014Celebrated a friends birthday here and she loved it. The service was excellent and it was a lot of fun. They had a DJ by the pool where our table was!Special Features:
- Where are the customers?RockVIPDined on 7/2/2014Oliverio is a terrific restaurant but few seem to know about it. I have been here at least five times and it always performs very well. The tables by the pool are well spaced, and the cabanas are perfect for more privacy. The food is excellent, drinks big, and price right. it should be a happening place but this hasn't happened yet. I continue to tell my friends to dine here and it is certainly on my list of where to dine in LA.Special Features:
- BillVIPDined on 6/20/2014Turkey burger is the best in town. Attentive service and friendly staff at this poolside gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJoeandrobinlawsVIPDined on 6/7/2014Mid-century ambiance updated. Great food and service.Special Features:
- BillVIPDined on 5/27/2014Among the best poolside dining in LA -- tasty meals and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoolsideOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2014Retro, cool and very blue. A perfectly charming spot inside the Avalon Hotel on the otherwise unassuming and residential corner of Olympic and S. Canon Dr. in Beverly Hills. It's a very "Mad Men" early '60s vibe...in a good way. Dine poolside or grab your own private cabana (if available). Sure you could head to the usual Bev Hills hot spots on Beverly Drive or N. Canon...but it's more fun (and attitude-free) here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good... could be greatAEEBVIPDined on 5/21/2014Menu is fine ... not that creative and trying too hard for what it does do. Ordered the turkey burger which was too fancy for its own good but fine. Good for local work lunches. Setting is great and vibe is great. Staff friendly. If they ever revamped the menu it could be fantastic.Special Features:
- The following 213 reviews are from the Oliverio at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills reviews archive.
- Keep this place in your back pocketpeginlaDined on 5/1/2014I LOOOOOVE it here. This has been a neighborhood gem for over a decade. The staff are amazing, welcoming, helpful and friendly in a geniune way. I am guilty of not putting Avalon/Oliverio on blast so it can stay the FairyTale destination that it is to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillVIPDined on 4/28/2014Delicious poolside dining with attentive and friendly service.Special Features:
- BillVIPDined on 4/21/2014Delicious outdoor poolside dining in festive venue with attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like brunch at homeLorebeeDined on 4/13/2014The atmosphere was so special - it reminded me of having brunch in my own backyard. And the food was very good, and presented quite nicely. The only drawback was that the overhead heater kept going on and we would get too warm. In fact, we could tell the waiter was tired of us constantly begging him to have it turned off. But other than that - it was an A+.Special Features:
- Outstanding, with lovely ambienceRAvantiDined on 3/31/2014The food here from Milanese chef Mirko Paderno is innovative and outstanding, the wine list very good, the service excellent, the poolside terrace lovely, and the noise level low to medium, all in the airy modern setting of the Avalon Hotel. One of the best Italian restaurants in Los Angeles, and reasonably priced, especially for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A secret find!!!!HollyLAVIPDined on 3/22/2014I stumbled upon this gem while looking for a quiet place to dine with out of town guests. We enjoyed a table in one of the poolside cabanas. Our waiter was terrific- he is from Hungary, I'm sorry I can't remember his name. He recommended a wine by the glass, allowed me to taste it first! and we ordered a bottle. My fancy guests loved it and the spot. Food was delicious. the wine was Ca' De' Rocchi Montere'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Bad, Place Nice, Too $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2014The sweet potato fries were outstanding, but everything else we ate was subpar. We racked up about $75 on 2 entrees, a soup, and fries with no drinks. Very disappointing. The service and ambiance were nice though.
- Wonderful Service and FoodJinga34VIPDined on 2/21/2014Everyone was so nice and accommodating at Oliverio. The tables outside surrounding the pool provide a beautiful setting. The food is delicious. They also have complimentary valet parking which makes it super convenient. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great little GEM by the PoolLaChopsDined on 2/15/2014Recently got invited to dine here with a group a friends. Usually I dont like hotel restaurants, but this was truly a GEM. (Ambience) First of all, we dined outside in a private cabana by the pool, very private, but with a view around the pool and othe tables... The ambience is very cool, mid-century mod sheek, and feels like you are dining in someones upscale home. Food was great, and they gave very decent portions (Try the cauliflower soufle) . Service was great and friendly and decent wine list. Will definitely go again, great for groups as well as romantic dates next to the pool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day dinnerKimmieDined on 2/14/2014Bread was cold, but overall tasty. Entrees were wonderful. Wine list matched well. Dessert was a bit underwhelming. Nice touch to include valet in price of dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service. Good chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/10/2014Excellent service. Good chicken paillard. Good tuna on crispy rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserve your cabana and enjoy!JakeVIPDined on 2/1/2014When we walked in at 7:30 on a Saturday evening, the restaurant was only about 10% full, which led to the thought "what is wrong?". Fortunately, our fears were allayed by being seated in a luxurious poolside private cabana, having expert, unobtrusive but helpful service, and most importantly, very-good excellent food. Although not at the cutting edge of LA dining, the food was well prepared with good attention to sourcing fresh ingredients. Although a bit pricey ($$$), the 25% Yelp promotion brought things down to quite reasonable levels. To eat outdoors in January is one of the pleasures of living in LA. Oliverio is one way of dining alfresco in luxury and style.Special Features:
- Such a nice surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014We won a charity auction that Oliverio donated to. We easily made our reservation through "open table". We sampled quite a bit of their menu and truly enjoyed it all. Our waiter was great, along with all the staff we encountered. The restaurant manager noticed that I was cold (we were sitting inside) and put on some heat (I never asked but greatly appreciated his kindness). We had no idea that this establishment was so close to my husbands office (his office is in Century City). We would love to return to this place soon and make it our place to go to when we take tiny breaks away from the kids. Thank you Oliverio for making our night out, a nice one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have they changed ownership?OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/17/2014Despite being a very quiet night in the restaurant, the service was extremely slow. The bread was stale. The appetizers took over half an hour to come out. We ordered the beet and burratta salad. The beets were sliced in too-thick chunks and had no flavor - and there were very few of them. Most of what was on the plate was an extremely overdressed arugula salad - the balsmaic overpowered eveything else. We waited and waited for someone to clear our plates while I watched someone bring our main course from the kitchen. They signaled someone to have our plates cleared and took our food back in to the kitchen, but then waited 10 minutes to bring it back out. My boyfriend's pasta bolognese was very bland. I'm sorry to say we will not be back!
- Lovely brunchkathe90035VIPDined on 1/12/2014This is in my neighborhood and so appreciate the good atmosphere, the view of the pool, and wonderful food and service.Special Features:
- Frankly, I was disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014Frankly, I was disappointed with the restaurant although I liked the hotel. My cauliflower soufflé tasted more of mashed potato than cauliflower. It was a small portion and served tepid which didn't help. It was also vastly overpriced. My main was pumpkin ravioli and I had to ask for it to be re-heated as it was also served tepid. My glass of Argentinian Merlot was delicious. My husband fared slightly better with his pasta choice but, over all, we found the selection of food to be limited and over priced. Our breakfast, however, was absolutely delicious. I had mascarpone crepes with fresh berries and my husband also enjoyed his omelette. I would recommend the hotel and the breakfast but not Olivieros for dinner.Special Features:
- nice but could be betterAEEBVIPDined on 12/23/2013moder casual easy... but menu could be more diverse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful hidden gem!!!BrockVIPDined on 12/14/2013We have loved discovering Oliverio at the Avalon. It is quiet, the food is excellent and the service warm and caring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In in LA a few days from NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/28/2013In in LA a few days from NYC and ate at Oliverio. The food was excellent and the service equal. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven but still enjoyableGroovygourmetDined on 11/6/2013My wife and I were staying over night at the hotel which is hip, cool & lovely enough. The pool side dining provides great atmosphere but they changed servers on us without explanation which was odd. It wasn't busy and we had a great server/guest rapport. First course of truffled cauliflower souffle was rich and excellent, though in need of a little salt. My main course was a very sinewy Jidoori Chicken in a spicy sauce. I had to spit a lot of it out as I have a real problem with the mouthfeel of chicken ligaments. My wife's seafood pasta was also lacking seasoning and the noodles were really pushing the under al dente' line. But the wine was excellent as was the cocktail I started with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Go-To Place for Bev HillsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/14/2013This has become my go-to place for meetings, lunch or cocktails near Beverly Hills. Its a charming location with seating around the pool. The service is always top notch. With free valet parking its always easy in, easy out. I always get great feedback from everyone I bring here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOliverioDined on 9/29/2013We really enjoyed our dinner here. Food was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always awesomepeginlaDined on 9/3/2013i LOVE coming here. luckily enough for me, it's blocks away from home. it's as fancy or laid-back as you want/need it to be. "oliverio" has been a reliable, standard for years...just like its' predecessor, "blue on blue"! i don't want it to be too well known, as there are times when the decision is made 3 minutes ahead of time to make a reservation or just roll up. if it's too well known, i wouldn't be able to do that anymore. that would make me sad. i hate being sad. please don't ever change. thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in our midstJuilavhaVIPDined on 8/24/2013Truly a wonderful find in our own backyard in Beverly Hills A setting out of a 50's film. The kidney shaped pool, the cabanas. ... Beautiful feel upon entering & food sublime !! Talented talented chef. Pleasant serviceSpecial Features:
- small boutique hotel restaurantBheaterVIPDined on 7/6/2013The best feature is they have a kidney shape pool with seats around. They even have cabanas that hold more than 4. So if you want outdoor dining this might be a thought. You might enjoy?????Every time we go there is really no one there so the feel for us is very quiet. I suspect if you brought tons of people the noise level would change. They seem to accomadate your dining needs. The coffee machine does seem to break down. Twice now that we tried for lattes they say just broke down. However with that said. fair value for the food and it is interesting... the oysters and large but really no flavor but the crab legs are good and the salads are outstanding.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice set up around the hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/29/2013nice set up around the hotel pool and charming staff. Food was good but not great all in all a nice place to go if you are in the areaSpecial Features: