Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place
240 Leighland Avenue
Oakville, ON L6H 3H6Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/obcg_oakville.html
- Phone: 2892910265x
- Hours of Operation:
Open seven days a week.
Dinner: Sunday-Monday, 4:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday, 4:00pm-10:00pm
Weekend Brunch: 10:00am-4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine, Matthew Foote
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill in Oakville offers private dining and events in the Trafalgar Room, accommodating up to 24 guests for a seated event, or 35 guests for a standing cocktail reception. The Leighland Room is perfect for larger groups of up to 60 guests for seated events, or 80 guests for standing receptions. Combining the two rooms, we can accommodate 74 guests for a seated event, or 135 guests for a standing reception. The lounge is also available as a semi-private space for standing receptions of up to 45 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Veronika Wolf 2892910265x
- Cross Street: QEW & Trafalgar
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Plentiful, complimentary parking is provided directly in front of the restaurant, on the north side of Oakville Place shopping centre. Access from Leighland Avenue. Security gating in the shopping centre prevent guests from re-entering the shopping area after store hours, so be sure to park near the Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill entrance for evening dining.
A word from Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place
Created by renowned restaurateurs Peter Oliver and Michael Bonacini, this exciting Oakville Place eatery offers a unique upscale dining experience at comfortable prices, along with Oliver & Bonacini’s trademark quality, service and style. Menu offerings include extensive lunch and dinner selections, as well as a full à la carte weekend brunch. Enjoy an outstanding selection of inspired North American dishes, including fresh, made-from-scratch soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas and fire-roasted pizzas. A well-chosen wine list along with an extraordinary dessert menu complements every meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place - Best Restaurants in Oakville ›
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)great for brunch (45)great for lunch (45)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (30)kid-friendly (27)romantic (20)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (7)notable wine list (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Dinner for twoLove2eatoutDined on 8/29/2014Overall very good. My husband and I enjoyed our dinner, food and service was very good, and we were not rushed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014My lunch with an old friend in from the States was imply delightful despite the fact that she was delayed. Our server (Lori?) was exceptional in all aspects including great recommendations for wine and food. The entire experience was very enjoyable and I will definitely return again - worth the drive to Oakville for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchdisatisfiedDined on 8/17/2014Our eggs benedict were hard boiled eggs. we complained, the waiter was attentive, manager adjusted the bill. The food was not great/ No Earl Grey tea, another kind was brought. All in all it was disappointing. I would not go again.
- Perfect!DeliciousDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful food presented beautifully at the perfect temperature! The atmosphere was relaxed, quiet and friendly. I would definitely recommend O&B to anyone wanting a wonderful dining experience at a reasonable cost. I look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteful in suburbialuvgoodfoodDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant is open, clean and fresh looking. If the reception is on the phone then you need to wait, there does not seem to be an alternative even with a stock of servers in the restaurant. The service at the table was great and food fresh and most enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Dinner With An Old FriendKimsreviewDined on 8/6/2014I picked this location because it was central to both of us. This was someone I had not seen in 40+ years. I must say I was quite disappointed with the food. I had the mushroom/ricotta cannelloni and my friend had the butter chicken. She said her butter chicken was good, but had to request a spoon (not a big deal) and her pita bread was dry. My cannelloni on the other hand was a little dry and I was really disappointed that it did not even have a wee salad served with it or any bread with a balsamic vinegar or butter. Yet I found the prices to be on the higher end of the scale. Also I thought the selection on the menu did not have a good variety to choose from. Would I eat here again...............Probably not.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceDucklingVIPDined on 7/29/2014Great service by Alex and Cassandra! We had the summer special menu. Portion was adequate with good variety. The appetizers were outstanding.Special Features:
- overall good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014My boyfriend and I went for dinner to.celebrate an anniversary. The food was great the service was amazing. My only issue was the small flies buzzing around. We were even sitting inside not near the patio. I killed at least 4 during my meal. The flies were frustrating as we had to keep swatting them from our face and food :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Summer specialRavKDined on 7/26/2014We came for our anniversary, and we were not disappointed. We had the summer special and it was the best meal we've had in a long time. The portion sizes were perfect, and the food was delicious. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and professional, and we would 100% come back to dine.Special Features:
- Consistent and professionalPJBCanadaDined on 7/26/2014Had a lunch for my father's birthday and were not disappointed. Menu had a good mix of solid brunch items (try the smoked fish hash) and prix fixe lunch options. Everyone was happy with their food, with lots of people trying each other's dishes-always a good sign. Service was professional and efficient and easily absorbed requests from the picky kids. Our go to place for a spacious get together in Oakville.Special Features:
- Love coming to Oliver & BonaciniJloves2dineDined on 7/24/2014We went with another couple for dinner and we all enjoyed the delicious food and were impressed by the great service we received. Our server was patient with us as we were asking her all sorts of questions regarding the menu and drinks. In the end we all left raving about how delicious the food was and what a fabulous lovely place it was for us to get together. My husband and I love coming here for romantic dinners or catching up with friends. We will definitely be coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servicewan34Dined on 7/18/2014Our group of four reviewed the appetizers and entrees as good/great, desserts a bit disappointing.Special Features:
- Yummilicious!YummiliciousDined on 7/16/2014The atmosphere was wonderful for out 10th wedding anniversary dinner. Both entrees were very satisfying but a bit salty. Hot romaine salad was Devine!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014The food was great aside from the undercooked steak we had. The portions from the summerlicious menu were smaller. We also ordered from the regular menu and it was very tasty. It's a very nice venue. It is a place where I would host a dinner party. The service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the service & food - 5 starsnorysDined on 7/5/2014the food was excellent! had the best hollandaise sauce! the waiter was very also outstanding. went with my toddler and waiter was considerate of her by bringing her food asapSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysMandYDined on 7/4/2014Perfect patio setting. Although food was slow to come, this was for a good reason as the chef decided that it needed to be redone from scratch. Everything was excellent as usuual.Special Features:
- A disappointmentEricDined on 7/4/2014My objective was a quiet lunch with a friend to catch up on affairs in general. The lunch itself was good and we had excellent service. However, our meeting was spoiled by the noise level which at times made conversation difficult. Your choice of music was, to our ears, quite unpleasant and the volume far too high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceMeowDined on 6/29/2014I had friends over from Montreal , took them there for dinner. We are enjoyed the dinner very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArneDined on 6/28/2014Oso buso wasdry just terrible Salmon was not good over all will not return
- Excellent servicepeteDined on 6/27/2014Service was excellent. Food was very good, dessert was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014This was third time at this restaurant. The first two visits were excellent but the service was extremely poor. My friend's salad was too oily and it was to include bread which never came. We waited 20 minutes for a coffee. We finally called the waitstaff and she said it went to another table.
- Is that all there is?gerryVIPDined on 6/20/2014Had the avocado Panini style club with coleslaw....not fries...they were extra. Not much food for 15$....perhaps 1 slice of bacon....cut in to two pieces....with no tomato in the sandwich. But a diet coke was only a buck!! Go to a local pub (the one on 4th line near north service road Oakville) for a real club....with choice of fries, soup etc....
- Will return againFortunoDined on 6/15/2014I will return again, but not on those special days, such the Father's Day, it was very busy,and food got delay. However, the services is very good, and try their best to keep us inform about the food status. It is fare to got delay for the busy day.Special Features:
- MyhappyplaceDined on 6/15/2014O&B is our favourite restaurant. Lots of parking, great service and tasty food make this a special place. A relaxed ambience but with prompt service by very polite and capable staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014Great meal on Father's Day; even though service was slow and noise level made it hard hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014The eggs benedict was delicious especially on the scone rather than English muffin. We were seated in the lounge where it was a little quieter. I appreciate the hostess giving us that choice. My only suggestion is to ask the wait staff to slow down their speech just a little, to consider arriving at the table, short pause and then ask the question as if they have time to do so and are not in a rush to get to the next task. Thank you. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchHungrymanDined on 6/15/2014Good variety of choices on the menu, server very attentive and professional. Restaurant busy but not full at 11 a.m. Food was tasty but not very hot. Nice place with lots of room for such a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MateeDined on 6/13/2014Had a very enjoyable dinner. Great service - did not feel rushed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2014Delicious food and good service for corporate lunch meeting. Have been here before and will come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at O & B in OakvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2014The service was spectacular and always has been for us at O&B. The kitchen accommodated special orders and allergies. We found the music loud but we were seated out of the normal hustle and bustle of the restaurant and kitchen. This helped us hear each other during conversations. We particularly love their mushroom soup. Three of us had soup and salad, two Eggs Benedict and one had the hash. All were very happy with their meals. The fun was in the dessert sampler. 6 people easily shared the platter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We have been to this restaurant twice now. The first time it was just my husband and I for dinner, the 2nd time, our 2 teenagers joined us for lunch. We have been impressed with the service. The staff are very attentive and always make sure you are enjoying your meal. We like the diverse selection. Something for everyone. From burgers and fish and chips to lamb and steak. The desserts are amazing. Order the chef's platter. You get 4 mini desserts and of them are wonderful. We like this restaurant as it is more upscale then a Kelsey's or a Montanna's, but not as expensive as the Old Mill or other upscale restaurants.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceSydneyDined on 5/30/2014Our server, Arthur was amazing. Very friendly and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service, food and experience was okfarfromhomeDined on 5/26/2014We went for a 65th birthday, and the hostess waiting to seat us was great and even had a little sign that said happy birthday. The waitress was slow and needed several reminders to bring things, it go to the point where I hot my own water and cutlery because I didn't have time to keep waiting to ask for it. Probably not a bad place to go to if you have time to spare, but I only had an hour and a half which to me should have been more than enough time to have lunch and celebrate a birthday.Special Features:
- birthday celebrationeclectictasteDined on 5/22/2014My friend & I took our husbands here to celebrate their birthdays (May 21 & 22). It was a great success: the food choices were excellent, salads were freshly tossed with just the right amount of dressing. The soup was claimed " the best soup I've ever tasted". The entrées were presented perfectly and were as delicious as they looked!. And the staff were friendly and did their roles effectively. Thank you for a memorable day. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayfoodgeekDined on 5/18/2014The service was good. The food was good. Explanation of the food and special was good. Restaurant delivered a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon Appetite...FoodieFav5Dined on 5/16/2014Great find last minute for my wife's birthday, great food at a reasonable price... even took the chef's card to send him a complimentary email on his approach to great art!!!...brought the two boys along 19 and 20 who also loved the food and had a great time with Mom and Dad (or maybe the young lady waiting the table). Been to other O&B establishments and they remain to be consistent... consistently good!!! Thanks, we'll see you soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A happy dayEllieDined on 5/11/2014I had an overall great experience. The high quality meal was also tasty and reasonably priced. The service was outstanding. Mother's Day is a busy day, but the waitress's great personality we didn't mind when the food took a bit longer to be prepared. Her suggestion for our choices were knowledgable and she constantly smiled and made us feel absolutely welcome. Mother's Day turned to a Happy Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experience!Disappointed1VIPDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day and the service and food were not what they usually are! My sister and I had the steak and eggs. We asked for egg whites and they were completely watery and undercooked. The steak literally had blood oozing out. On top of all that, we waited over an hour for our food to be served. They were not accommodating with the menu either. We've been here many times before and loved it. This time, we were very disappointed. Not sure if we'd return, especially to the Oakville location!
- Too busyMyFamilysReviewVIPDined on 5/10/2014It started out well; seated right away, server attentive, apps great (rock shrimp and sweet potato fries). The evening went down hill though. My husband's steak was overdone (they made him a new one), our servers originally cute phrase ("thanks for asking") became over-used and formulaic, things took progressively longer to get to us, including the bill. So much potential but it just falls short.Special Features:
- Mother's Day treattroublsomeDined on 5/10/2014Great food, good variety & quality. Whole party loved it. My son said it was the best steak he ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.