Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place
240 Leighland Avenue
Oakville, ON L6H 3H6Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/obcg_oakville.html
- Phone: 2892910265x
- Hours of Operation:
Open seven days a week.
Lunch: Monday-Friday, 11:30am-4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday, 4:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Friday-Saturday, 4:00pm-10:00pm
Weekend Brunch: 10:30am-4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Foote
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill in Oakville offers private dining and events in the Trafalgar Room, accommodating up to 24 guests for a seated event, or 35 guests for a standing cocktail reception. The Leighland Room is perfect for larger groups of up to 60 guests for seated events, or 80 guests for standing receptions. Combining the two rooms, we can accommodate 74 guests for a seated event, or 135 guests for a standing reception. The lounge is also available as a semi-private space for standing receptions of up to 45 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Veronika Wolf 2892910265x
- Cross Street: QEW & Trafalgar
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Plentiful, complimentary parking is provided directly in front of the restaurant, on the north side of Oakville Place shopping centre. Access from Leighland Avenue. Security gating in the shopping centre prevent guests from re-entering the shopping area after store hours, so be sure to park near the Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill entrance for evening dining.
A word from Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place
Created by renowned restaurateurs Peter Oliver and Michael Bonacini, this exciting Oakville Place eatery offers a unique upscale dining experience at comfortable prices, along with Oliver & Bonacini’s trademark quality, service and style. Menu offerings include extensive lunch and dinner selections, as well as a full à la carte weekend brunch. Enjoy an outstanding selection of inspired North American dishes, including fresh, made-from-scratch soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas and fire-roasted pizzas. A well-chosen wine list along with an extraordinary dessert menu complements every meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place - Best Restaurants in Oakville ›
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)great for lunch (41)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (36)great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (29)kid-friendly (18)romantic (16)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2014The service was wonderful - knowledgeable waitress and the wait time for food was bang on. The food was delicious and presentation was lovely. Love the atmosphere of the restaurant. We'd eaten here a few years back and forgotten how good it was... will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Service and food inconsistentAnnetteVIPDined on 10/27/2014We have been to O&B many times and enjoyed it but today both the service and food were just okay. The salmon was excellent but the pasta special was just okay. Although the restaurant was not very busy, the service was poor and inconsistent. We had to ask for utensils and the server gave us our bill seconds after another server had taken our entrée dishes without anyone asking if we wanted coffee and dessert. I'm hoping this was just an off day.Special Features:
- My restaurant of choice in OakvilleTriziDined on 10/22/2014I had the mushroom soup which is amazingly tasty considering there's no cream and no butter. Truly gourmet. My mother is aged and has some digestive problems and they bent over backwards to ensure she got something she could truly enjoy. We all chose the pickerel because it's so unusual to see on a menu, I wish I could have ordered the osso buco too. I guess we'll just have to go back for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to O&B standardsfoodieDined on 10/21/2014Reserved a table for 4 hoping that Oakville would have benefitted from the O&B reputation in Toronto. Instead it was disappointingly banal. The grilled calamari was good but it would have been nice to have something other than one asparagus spear served with a generous portion of squid. The Japanese chicken Caesar salad was OK but nothing special. No bread or rolls were offered. The only good thing was the glass of Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. We had to ask several times for water/ice even though it did not seem to be very busy. It may be a good place to go after a shopping spree but for a dinner - I would not return.
- ACOUSTICStealadies2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great experience EXCEPT for the noise level due to POOR acoustics in a booth against the wall of the restaurant. We left the restaurant determined that we would sit at a table in the open space next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Recommended by someone however slightly disappointed as for the meals concerned not at par with the prices
- IPCBDined on 10/13/2014the super attractive environment of the restaurant is always a surprise given its location in a shopping centre. real creative design applied. The food is great quality and excellent value. and the service is intelligent and friendly. our favourite restaurant in OakvilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and web presenceOccasionalDinerDined on 10/13/2014On Thanksgiving Day, my wife and I found ourselves without dinner plans and so we searched the Internet for Thanksgiving dinners in our area. There was only one website that popped up with Thanksgiving Day offerings: Oliver & Bonacini. So we went, and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent and the ambiance was nice and relaxing. We were able to get a comfy booth. My wife and I ordered the two-course Thanksgiving turkey dinner (soup & main). I found the soup flavourful but a bit spicy but my wife thought it was fine. The turkey dinner was cooked just right, moist and flavourful. My wife said it was better than she could make. All in all a good choice. Thanks for updating your website for Thanksgiving, wish more restaurants would!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingLmb1Dined on 10/12/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. Very much enjoyed Thanksgicing turkey special! Main menu very interesting and food is great.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good ServicefoodgeekDined on 10/8/2014Only one mistake with the order so that was good. Could use a few more items for kids, but otherwise enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Upscale and delicious!Dtc109Dined on 9/26/2014A beautiful restaurant with a pretty patio even if it lacks a view. The food is delicious and reliable, and the service is attentive and friendly. Very classy and elegant, and you could definitely host a really node gathering here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always TrustedcouplenightDined on 9/25/2014We return to O & B often as we trust that tje quality of food, the atmosphere and the service will always be excellent.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantmeow2youDined on 9/18/2014The food was good and very presentable. The atmosphere was also great for lunch and I would imagine the dinner would be very nice too. I enjoyed my lunch and would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Overall great Experience!Luv2dineDined on 9/17/2014I dined with a friend for dinner. Service was great she was very friendly, ambiance was very nice. My main course were mussels which were delicious. My only disappointment was my dessert. I ordered creme brûlée. The desert was delicious but I felt it was overpriced. Overall everything was great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jenkeddyDined on 9/16/2014Excellent dinner and excellent service! We were greeted and seated at a table in a nice location in the restaurant where a special plate sign had been made because it was a birthday supper. Our server did an excellent job of making the entire experience spectacular. The food was fabulous too. This is the second year in a row to celebrate my daughter's birthday at Oliver and Bonicini as she loves it there!Special Features:
- Best deal!designerfoodDined on 9/12/2014I'm the type that wants to try out or taste a variety of food rather than eating one dish, so my friend and I decided to split the meals. I wanted her to try their signature dishes (she was weirded out by my dull selection but was thankfully open to it anyway). We each ordered the mushroom soup (smaller version) to start; for our second course, we split a half order of the mac and cheese with chicken (which we didn't know we could do until the server suggested it), with sweet potatoes on the side. We had Cannelloni as our main dish and salted caramel affogato for dessert. OB redefines and give your everyday food life, substance and class. Service was very professional and the design of the restaurant is a magnet for Interior designers.Special Features:
- Spec occasionressagDined on 9/10/2014Had a great time with a long time friend not seen in a long time. All was very good, but while I understand and expect wines to be inflated in cost, these were very over priced.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchlovelunchDined on 9/6/2014An excellent dining experience. Great food and friendly staff. The manager on duty was extra special and attentive and our server was very sweet.Special Features:
- Great Place to Go!narnilumDined on 9/3/2014This is one of the best restaurant I recommended to people. Service very attentive, Food excellence and the price is so great! It is high end fine dinning but the price is very affordable. I will never go to The Keg since they have very bad service and the food just like a mass production meat...Special Features:
- Dinner for twoLove2eatoutDined on 8/29/2014Overall very good. My husband and I enjoyed our dinner, food and service was very good, and we were not rushed.Special Features:
- delightedDined on 8/22/2014My lunch with an old friend in from the States was imply delightful despite the fact that she was delayed. Our server (Lori?) was exceptional in all aspects including great recommendations for wine and food. The entire experience was very enjoyable and I will definitely return again - worth the drive to Oakville for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchdisatisfiedDined on 8/17/2014Our eggs benedict were hard boiled eggs. we complained, the waiter was attentive, manager adjusted the bill. The food was not great/ No Earl Grey tea, another kind was brought. All in all it was disappointing. I would not go again.
- Perfect!DeliciousDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful food presented beautifully at the perfect temperature! The atmosphere was relaxed, quiet and friendly. I would definitely recommend O&B to anyone wanting a wonderful dining experience at a reasonable cost. I look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteful in suburbialuvgoodfoodDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant is open, clean and fresh looking. If the reception is on the phone then you need to wait, there does not seem to be an alternative even with a stock of servers in the restaurant. The service at the table was great and food fresh and most enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Dinner With An Old FriendKimsreviewDined on 8/6/2014I picked this location because it was central to both of us. This was someone I had not seen in 40+ years. I must say I was quite disappointed with the food. I had the mushroom/ricotta cannelloni and my friend had the butter chicken. She said her butter chicken was good, but had to request a spoon (not a big deal) and her pita bread was dry. My cannelloni on the other hand was a little dry and I was really disappointed that it did not even have a wee salad served with it or any bread with a balsamic vinegar or butter. Yet I found the prices to be on the higher end of the scale. Also I thought the selection on the menu did not have a good variety to choose from. Would I eat here again...............Probably not.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceDucklingVIPDined on 7/29/2014Great service by Alex and Cassandra! We had the summer special menu. Portion was adequate with good variety. The appetizers were outstanding.Special Features:
- overall good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014My boyfriend and I went for dinner to.celebrate an anniversary. The food was great the service was amazing. My only issue was the small flies buzzing around. We were even sitting inside not near the patio. I killed at least 4 during my meal. The flies were frustrating as we had to keep swatting them from our face and food :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Summer specialRavKDined on 7/26/2014We came for our anniversary, and we were not disappointed. We had the summer special and it was the best meal we've had in a long time. The portion sizes were perfect, and the food was delicious. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and professional, and we would 100% come back to dine.Special Features:
- Consistent and professionalPJBCanadaDined on 7/26/2014Had a lunch for my father's birthday and were not disappointed. Menu had a good mix of solid brunch items (try the smoked fish hash) and prix fixe lunch options. Everyone was happy with their food, with lots of people trying each other's dishes-always a good sign. Service was professional and efficient and easily absorbed requests from the picky kids. Our go to place for a spacious get together in Oakville.Special Features:
- Love coming to Oliver & BonaciniJloves2dineDined on 7/24/2014We went with another couple for dinner and we all enjoyed the delicious food and were impressed by the great service we received. Our server was patient with us as we were asking her all sorts of questions regarding the menu and drinks. In the end we all left raving about how delicious the food was and what a fabulous lovely place it was for us to get together. My husband and I love coming here for romantic dinners or catching up with friends. We will definitely be coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servicewan34Dined on 7/18/2014Our group of four reviewed the appetizers and entrees as good/great, desserts a bit disappointing.Special Features:
- Yummilicious!YummiliciousDined on 7/16/2014The atmosphere was wonderful for out 10th wedding anniversary dinner. Both entrees were very satisfying but a bit salty. Hot romaine salad was Devine!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014The food was great aside from the undercooked steak we had. The portions from the summerlicious menu were smaller. We also ordered from the regular menu and it was very tasty. It's a very nice venue. It is a place where I would host a dinner party. The service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the service & food - 5 starsnorysDined on 7/5/2014the food was excellent! had the best hollandaise sauce! the waiter was very also outstanding. went with my toddler and waiter was considerate of her by bringing her food asapSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysMandYDined on 7/4/2014Perfect patio setting. Although food was slow to come, this was for a good reason as the chef decided that it needed to be redone from scratch. Everything was excellent as usuual.Special Features:
- A disappointmentEricDined on 7/4/2014My objective was a quiet lunch with a friend to catch up on affairs in general. The lunch itself was good and we had excellent service. However, our meeting was spoiled by the noise level which at times made conversation difficult. Your choice of music was, to our ears, quite unpleasant and the volume far too high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 915 reviews are from the Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place reviews archive.
- Excellent serviceMeowDined on 6/29/2014I had friends over from Montreal , took them there for dinner. We are enjoyed the dinner very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArneDined on 6/28/2014Oso buso wasdry just terrible Salmon was not good over all will not return
- Excellent servicepeteDined on 6/27/2014Service was excellent. Food was very good, dessert was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014This was third time at this restaurant. The first two visits were excellent but the service was extremely poor. My friend's salad was too oily and it was to include bread which never came. We waited 20 minutes for a coffee. We finally called the waitstaff and she said it went to another table.